Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
So there's a new preview of the magic item book out: http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20110819

It has new armor types, but each armor counts as a base type for the purposes of enchantments. However, proficiency with the base type doesn't give proficiency with the new type; there are seperate feats for that. It includes leather with the base AC of hide and chainmail that is light armor (again, with the base AC of hide). I'm just curious if this is going to be a problem in the builder; is there any way currently to make one type of armor count as another type for enchantments but not for proficiency? Is making a light armor version of chain at all problematic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Greyhawk I updated the 2 new Dragon Themes from 401 to 402 (Already updated the download on the FTP) and I added a temporary Dragon 402 source on the Source File (Already updated the FTP also).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Sefer posted:

So there's a new preview of the magic item book out: http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20110819

It has new armor types, but each armor counts as a base type for the purposes of enchantments. However, proficiency with the base type doesn't give proficiency with the new type; there are seperate feats for that. It includes leather with the base AC of hide and chainmail that is light armor (again, with the base AC of hide). I'm just curious if this is going to be a problem in the builder; is there any way currently to make one type of armor count as another type for enchantments but not for proficiency? Is making a light armor version of chain at all problematic?
I'm looking it into right now. I think it might be possible to pull off.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, that's not too hard to do, although I'm not seeing the proficiency feats anywhere yet. Are they out yet?

Edit: nevermind, found them :derp: http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20110819

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Alright, as far as I can tell it might be tricky to have superior armour show up red in the shop if you lack proficiency with it: the LCB seems to base this on whether you're proficient with the armour category in question, so if you're proficient with chainmail, ring mail and banded mail will always show up "black" even if you lack their proficiency feats.

You do take the appropriate attack roll/Reflex penalty if you lack the proficiency feat, though, so in this respect it's working – I'm just not sure it's possible to put these types of armour into a category of their own while still allowing them to receive the proper enchantments.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 19, 2011

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
So are enchants and the colour of the armor tied to the same value?

Do weapons do it entirely differently? Because a superior weapon that is a heavy blade can get heavy blade enchants while people still lack proficiency with them.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

CommaToes posted:

So are enchants and the colour of the armor tied to the same value?
Looks like it. The entry <specific name="Armor Category"> Plate </specific> seems to define which category a given type of armour actually belongs to, for the purpose of both available enchantments and determining its proficiency status in the shop. (Changing the item's internal category didn't seem to have an immediately apparent effect.)

It's really mostly a cosmetic issue more than anything because the actual penalties for lacking proficiency are handled separately and function as intended. Also noteworthy is that shields seem to work differently, because the barbed shield actually does show as red if you don't have the required feat.

But basically, superior armour right now is being treated as masterwork armour in most respects (if you're proficient with hide you're also proficient with earthhide etc. and they all qualify for the same enchantments), and I don't think there's any easy way of working around this. You could, in theory, go through all enchantments and separately add superior armour to the possible base items as appropriate, but...yeah, in theory at best.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I havent read the article yet, but from what your saying ( and I maybe understanding it wrong)to bad you cant use something like a rule:
CountsAsArmorProficency
or
CountsAsArmor

If you can even do that with the CB

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Two things..
First: (i've mentioned this before) Hybrid Rangers are still unable to select Archery Mastery powers to swap out.
they can select the feat, they can select the Class option, but they can't finalise it by swapping a power on the retraining tab. No powers are listed.
I think its some where here:

<RulesElement name="Rapid Shot Mastery" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_CDJ_CLASS_FEATURE_34502" source="Player Essentials: Class Compendium">
<Category> 1 </Category>
<Flavor> </Flavor>
<specific name="Short Description"> Gain Rapid Shot in place of a ranger at-will attack. </specific>
<specific name="_CS_ShortDescription"> @ </specific>
<specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
<specific name="type"> At-Will </specific>
<specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_13587 </specific>
<specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_13587 </specific>
<rules>
<replace power-replace="rapid shot:at-will,1" optional="true" />
</rules>
You gain Rapid Shot in place of a ranger at-will attack.
</RulesElement>

the replace states <replace power-replace="rapid shot:at-will,1" optional="true" />
but i think it should state that its a ranger or hybrid ranger at will.

Second: Martial Cross-Training is wrong for scouts, it should be listing RANGER powers, it only allows access to fighter powers.

we need to change this line <select type="Power" number="1" Category="$$LEVEL,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,encounter" /> to allows what ever the class's parent class is, not just ID_FMP_CLASS_3 for fighters.

<RulesElement name="Martial Cross-Training" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_3582" source="Player Essentials: Class Compendium" revision-date="6/15/2011 10:13:53 AM">
<Flavor> By focusing on a specific weapon, you find a new way to enhance your most reliable attack. </Flavor>
<Prereqs> Level 3 Improved Power Strike class feature </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Improved Power Strike </print-prereqs>
<specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
<specific name="Short Description"> Lose one use of Power Strike to gain an encounter power from your base class </specific>
<specific name="Special" />
<specific name="type" />
<specific name="Associated Power Info" />
<specific name="Associated Powers" />
<rules>
<select type="Power" number="1" Category="$$LEVEL,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,encounter" />
<modify type="Power" name="Power Strike" field="Martial Cross-Training" value="You have one less use of Power Strike in exchange for another encounter attack power." />
</rules>
You lose one use of your power strike power. In exchange, you gain an encounter attack power of your choice. The power must be from your class and be of your level or lower.
</RulesElement>

thanks all...
Appreciate this

8w-gremlin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 19, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tivaan posted:

I havent read the article yet, but from what your saying ( and I maybe understanding it wrong)to bad you cant use something like a rule:
CountsAsArmorProficency
or
CountsAsArmor

If you can even do that with the CB
I don't think those exist, no; certainly they aren't used by any of the LCB content. I can live with armour not showing up red when it should, though, so I haven't looked any further into it.

Anyway, here's my superior armour .part file (edit: now including the Robe of the Archmage), if anyone cares. :)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 21, 2011

Sakri
Dec 15, 2010
Just a heads up that I am still going through all the feats and rewriting short descriptions to be more exact (yet hopefully still short enough). In many cases the short descriptions are missing entirely so I add them. This is slow work but I expect to finish it by the end of the month.

BTW, is there a way to tell the builder that my party has enough Stones of Light to give initiative bonus to my character? If not, maybe there should be an item that gives the set bonus to character.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Sakri posted:

Just a heads up that I am still going through all the feats and rewriting short descriptions to be more exact (yet hopefully still short enough). In many cases the short descriptions are missing entirely so I add them. This is slow work but I expect to finish it by the end of the month.

BTW, is there a way to tell the builder that my party has enough Stones of Light to give initiative bonus to my character? If not, maybe there should be an item that gives the set bonus to character.

RE: stones of light.

Right click on the stone, and click on "Set Info", and then set the number at the top to the number of people in your group that have stones.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

MMAgCh posted:

I don't think those exist, no; certainly they aren't used by any of the LCB content. I can live with armour not showing up red when it should, though, so I haven't looked any further into it.

Anyway, here's my superior armour .part file, if anyone cares. :)

I agree that the armor not showing up the right color isn't a big deal, so long as the armors work correctly. I also appreciate the chance to play around with them early, thanks for writing them up :)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So the following works (kinda). What it does though, is it prevents you from equipping the wrist razor in your off hand (or main hand for that matter). Can anyone help?
code:
<RulesElement name="Wrist Razors" type="Weapon" internal-id="ID_FMP_WEAPON_147" source="Dark Sun Campaign Setting" revision-date="10/12/2010 1:55:07 PM">
    <Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_1,ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_2,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HANDED,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SELECTABLE </Category>
    <specific name="Full Text"> Wrist Razors
Simple one-handed melee weapon
Cost: 1 gp
Damage: 1d4
Proficient: +3
Weight: 1 lb.

This weapon consists of three sharp blades that protrude from a sturdy bracer, freeing the wielder's hand. A shield cannot be worn on the same arm as wrist razors. Wrist razors do not need to be drawn, nor do they need to be sheathed for the wielder to use the hand the razors are on. An enchanted wrist razor occupies the arms slot.

Properties: 
Off-Hand (An off-hand weapon is light enough that you can hold it and attack effectively with it while holding a weapon in your main hand. You can't attack with both weapons in the same turn, unless you have a power that lets you do so, but you can attack with either weapon.).

Group: 
Light blade (Light blades reward accuracy as much as force. Pinpoint attacks, lunges, and agile defenses are the strong points of these weapons.). </specific>
    <specific name="Weight"> 1 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 1 </specific>
    <specific name="Damage"> 1d4 </specific>
    <specific name="Proficiency Bonus"> 3 </specific>
    <specific name="Weapon Category"> Simple Melee </specific>
    <specific name="Hands Required"> One-Handed </specific>
    <specific name="Item Slot"> Off-hand </specific>
    <specific name="_AlternateSlot"> Arms </specific>  
    <specific name="Group"> Light Blade </specific>
    <specific name="Properties"> Off-hand </specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="AC" value="+2" requires="Swordmage Warding" wearing="DUAL-WIELDING:" />
    </rules>
This weapon consists of three sharp blades that protrude from a sturdy bracer, freeing the wielder's hand. A shield cannot be worn on the same arm as wrist razors. Wrist razors do not need to be drawn, nor do they need to be sheathed for the wielder to use the hand the razors are on. An enchanted wrist razor occupies the arms slot.
</RulesElement>

Shadowbane01
Apr 4, 2011
I understand that everyone is busy, but the Renegade Red Wizard theme doesn't work quite right. I have an idea of how to get it to work, but as i don't have any skill in creating parts, i figured i'd merely give my theory. Since the theme has no utility powers and instead replaces the level 4 and 8 class features granted by the mage (secondary specialization school) why not add the features it grants as options for mages of those levels, but have them only show if the theme is selected. Also, the theme should make all other choices at those levels invisible/unchoosable, but again i have no clue how hard that would be to code in

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Shadowbane01 posted:

I understand that everyone is busy, but the Renegade Red Wizard theme doesn't work quite right.

There are bunch of outstanding issues. The Ranger thing has been brought up several times. I am not sure who designed the workflow for the ranger feats. Until it gets fixed you can use the house rule button to get your power card.

The Red Wizard theme is an oddity. Anytime you "drop" class features in the LCB you have to be very careful because you can never get them back. Even if a class feature mimics a feat or something dropping it causes any similar feat or power or feature not to work either and it is permanent for the character save file. So you have to tread lightly there. I have some ideas too but I need some time to try them out. :)

I am also helping "crash" CBLoader with updating testing. I don't know when it will be ready because like I said I am crashing, mostly. But stuff is in the works.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications
I'm not going to push out an update for this yet since YeOldeSteve is still in the middle of things, but as to the Archery Mastery problem, throw an "ID_FMP_CLASS_5," before the "at-will,1" line in the class features to fix the hybrid problem. I'll have to make a separate Martial-Cross training feat for Scouts. When it looks like we're back to a normal update regimen, I'll push the Ranger fixes through globally.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Hey guys.

Someone mentioned this on the bug list:

Bug List posted:

Heroes of the Fallen Lands: Currently the Thief class can choose from any Rogue and Skill utility powers at level 16. Like many of the Essentials classes, the Thief is supposed to automatically gain Slip From The Grasp at level 16, with no additional choice of powers.
I am not sure if it was always coded this way or if it was changed at some point. I am changing it to work as the book says but I just wanted to ask if there was any errata that allowed folks to choose other powers for these class feature defined powers. I don't believe so but I figured I would ask. I know on Page 55/57 it mentions the powers you get to "choose" but like the poster said I don't think this one counts.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 20, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Hey guys.

Someone mentioned this on the bug list:

I am not sure if it was always coded this way or if it was changed at some point. I am changing it to work as the book says but I just wanted to ask if there was any errata that allowed folks to choose other powers for these class feature defined powers. I don't believe so but I figured I would ask. I know on Page 55/57 it mentions the powers you get to "choose" but like the poster said I don't think this one counts.

You are correct. I think that if you don't want slip from the grasp, then you have to burn your retaining for that level to swap it out.

[b]changes to Rogue, Bugfix parts [b]
Thief class features (that are pretty superflous, like "gain an extra trick, gain this power, etc) have been suppressed on the character sheet.
Deft Blade also now correctly changes the Melee basic attack power card to reflect an attack vs AC or Reflex. (It also works with weapon finesse.)

I should probably add lines for each stat as it is possible someone could take melee training (any other stat), which might effect how I've implemnted this fix.

What other feats/class features allow you to sub in another stat for STR on an MBA?

Intelligent Blademaster, melee training, what else?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wrath of the Crimson Legion. Edit: also, the bladesinger, executioner, scout, and thief all possess class features that do this as well.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 20, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Anyway, here's my superior armour .part file, if anyone cares. :)

Quite honestly i hadn't read the article till today and I was just throwing something out there that possibly could get some creative thinking going on. Sometimes when I'm coding up part files the stupidest things pop up when I work on sections Ive never done before and sometimes as crazy as it seems they work. Example being, when i was coding the companion cards, the logical thinking was I could add changes in a rule with requirements and it would work, but as the requirements got larger and larger they no longer worked, but they all worked fine in feats with companion as the type (go figure).

And i will definitely take your part file LOL

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Shadowbane01 posted:

I understand that everyone is busy, but the Renegade Red Wizard theme doesn't work quite right. I have an idea of how to get it to work, but as i don't have any skill in creating parts, i figured i'd merely give my theory. Since the theme has no utility powers and instead replaces the level 4 and 8 class features granted by the mage (secondary specialization school) why not add the features it grants as options for mages of those levels, but have them only show if the theme is selected. Also, the theme should make all other choices at those levels invisible/unchoosable, but again i have no clue how hard that would be to code in

Yep When i was writing this (that is a big issue) from what I understand Level 4 and 8 is restricted to Mage Only because it replaces the Class Feature still haven't figured out how to fully replace them at that level and not effect the levels afterwards.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tivaan posted:

Quite honestly i hadn't read the article till today and I was just throwing something out there that possibly could get some creative thinking going on. Sometimes when I'm coding up part files the stupidest things pop up when I work on sections Ive never done before and sometimes as crazy as it seems they work. Example being, when i was coding the companion cards, the logical thinking was I could add changes in a rule with requirements and it would work, but as the requirements got larger and larger they no longer worked, but they all worked fine in feats with companion as the type (go figure).
Well, call me lazy or impatient if you like, but when I modify a single .part file, CBLoader often insists on merging every single one of them all over again, which always takes the better part of five minutes – as such, I generally avoid trial-and-error unless there's absolutely no way around it. :shobon:

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Edit: also, the bladesinger, executioner, scout, and thief all possess class features that do this as well.

I just fixed those classes yesterday or the day before. :)

Drewjitsu posted:

Deft Blade also now correctly changes the Melee basic attack power card to reflect an attack vs AC or Reflex. (It also works with weapon finesse.)

Since it doesn't affect the calculation at all you could have just added a line to the Power Card for Melee Basic that said:
Deft Blade: Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex.

That would have been only one line in the feat. You don't have to change anything else.
Also, your change actually makes all basic melee attacks with any weapon target AC or Reflex per the way it is setup.

MMAgCh posted:

Well, call me lazy or impatient if you like, but when I modify a single .part file, CBLoader often insists on merging every single one of them all over again, which always takes the better part of five minutes – as such, I generally avoid trial-and-error unless there's absolutely no way around it. :shobon:

Good things are on the horizon! :)

Did I mention that Conan the Barbarian was awesome? It was. Skip the 3D however. It was waste of $4 just like the 3D in Captain America. This Conan movie was actually more true to the legacy regarding pacing and feel of Conan than the Arnold movie was. Conan is a barbarian here. And it was nice to see him on a boat like he always should have been. :)

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 20, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Since I accidently did this double post, this is what I am talking about :
code:
<RulesElement name="Deft Blade" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2490" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:18 PM">
  <Prereqs> 11th level, any martial class; Paragon Tier </Prereqs>
  <print-prereqs> 11th level, any martial class </print-prereqs>
  <specific name="Tier"> Paragon </specific>
  <specific name="Short Description"> Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex </specific>
  <specific name="type" />
  <rules>
    <modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Deft Blade" value="Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex" />
  </rules>
When you make a basic attack using a light blade, you can target AC or Reflex.
   </RulesElement>
This works with everyone with no changes required.

Drewjitsu posted:

EDIT: Conanchat: I thought the movie was alright, but not enough character development.
That is why I loved it. Conan shouldn't have any character development. He is a brute. :)

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 20, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I just fixed those classes yesterday or the day before. :)

Since it doesn't affect the calculation at all you could have just added a line to the Power Card for Melee Basic that said:
Deft Blade: Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex.

That would have been only one line in the feat. You don't have to change anything else.
Also, your change actually makes all basic melee attacks with any weapon target AC or Reflex per the way it is setup.

Yeah, I'm just fiddling with it right now, to see if I can't get it the way that I want. If it doesn't work out, I'll just do it like the "X Style" feats, and insert it on it's own line.

Too clever by half, it seems.

EDIT: Conanchat: I thought the movie was alright, but not enough character development.

I've think I've got it working. Although a fair criticism of the way that I've done it is if you take multiple MBA changing powers (no idea, but you could), then the power doesn't like that very much.

Here's what it looks like (and a similar bit for Piercing Pick):

code:
<RulesElement name="Deft Blade" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2490" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:18 PM" >
      <Prereqs> 11th level, any martial class; Paragon Tier </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> 11th level, any martial class </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Tier"> Paragon </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex </specific>
      <specific name="type" />
	  <rules>
	    <modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" wearing="weapon:light blade" value="Strength vs. AC or Reflex" />
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Dexterity vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2788" />
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Charisma vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_FMP_FEAT_2128" />
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Intelligence vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_FMP_FEAT_613" />
        <modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Constitution vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_MELEE_TRAINING_(CONSTITUTION)" />		
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Dexterity vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" />
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Intelligence vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_MELEE_TRAINING_(INTELLIGENCE)" />
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Wisdom vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_MELEE_TRAINING_(WISDOM)" />
		<modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Attack" value="Strength or Charisma vs. AC or Reflex" wearing="weapon:light blade" requires="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_MELEE_TRAINING_(CHARISMA)" /> -->
	  </rules>
When you make a basic attack using a light blade, you can target AC or Reflex.
   </RulesElement>
I've got D&D in 20 minutes, so I'll take a look at this afterwards.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 20, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

CBLoader Updated
This major release uses a new merge engine and it is amazingly fast. :rock:
This version has the much requested "Don't Download" switch: -d
There is also an "Only Download" switch: +d

Many thanks goes to YeeOldSteve/Kamahl who slaved all night for us.

Download Version 1.3.0
Official ZIP Package is here:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/downloads/detail?name=CBLoaderV1.3.0.zip

Updated CBLoader Installer is here:
http://alturl.com/z7fdm
http://www.cbloader.com/installer/

If you used my previous installer package make sure you go to Control Panel and Uninstall CBLoader first.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 21, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Holy poo poo it's fast.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is the missed Feat Thaliessan Blood from Dragon 401:

<RulesElement name="Thaliessan Blood" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_401-01" source="Dragon Magazine 401" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
<Flavor> In centuries past the sea elves of Thaliessal intermarried with the other elves (and on rare occasions, the humans) who inhabited the lands that would become Merindaelion. Consequently, a large number of half-elves and elves of the Emerald Blade Barony count sea elves of Thaliessal among their ancestors. </Flavor>
<Prereqs> Half-Elf </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Half-Elf </print-prereqs>
<specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
<specific name="Short Description"> You are considered an aquatic creature. You have a swim speed of 5, can breathe underwater, and a +2 bonus in aquatic combat. </specific>
<specific name="type"/>
<specific name="_DisplayPowers"/>
<rules>
<statadd name="attack rolls" value="+2" type="feat" condition="while in aquatic combat" />
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+2" type="feat" condition="while in aquatic combat" />
</rules>
You are considered an aquatic creature. You have a swim speed of 5, you can breathe underwater, and in aquatic combat, you gain a +2 bonus.
</RulesElement>

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

By all means I in no way think you are lazy LOL, and I too understand the wait while loading files. :hehe:

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

CBLoader Updated

Holy Cow Turd Batman! I am impressed.

Many thanks to the CBLoader team for their work on this. It is much appreciated!

Akemnos
Dec 15, 2010
Bug to be fixed.

Hymn of Resurgence (cleric level 3 encounter attack)

the Effect entry should read: Each ally in the blast can choose either to gain 5 temporary hit points or to make a saving throw.

It currently reads each ally in the burst.

Akemnos fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 21, 2011

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Greyhawk Fan posted:

CBLoader Updated
This version has the much requested "Don't Download" switch: -d
There is also an "Only Download" switch: +d

Many thanks goes to YeeOldSteve/Kamahl who slaved all night for us.

Download Version 1.3.0
Official ZIP Package is here:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/downloads/detail?name=CBLoaderV1.3.0.zip

If you used my previous installer package make sure you go to Control Panel and Uninstall CBLoader first.

Uh. Where am I supposed to install this at, exactly?

e: Nvm, it's working. Dunno what was going on.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 21, 2011

Akunin
Mar 12, 2002
Hello, Cthulhu!

Greyhawk Fan posted:

CBLoader Updated

:aaaaa:

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for all the work you're putting into this.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bug Fixes:

BugFixes.part
Deft Blade and Piercing Pick now put text on to the melee basic card. They should also output the change to the Attack line correctly too (Str vs. AC or Ref/Fort, and it should account for melee training or other MBA alternate stat things)

Cleric.part
Hymn of resurgence typo has been fixed.

EDIT:
Wizard.part
Suppressed Magic missile, spellbook and Cantrip selection on the Character sheet to bring those in line with the other "grant Power" class features of the mage.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 21, 2011

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Kitsap Charles posted:

I think the code you referenced will work as intended for the Oghma domain only when the PC's Int bonus is zero. We need to replace Int with Wis, not add Int and Wis together.
So this seems to work, as far as completely replacing Int with Wis for the skills affected by the Oghma domain:
code:
<RulesElement name="Oghma Domain Features and Powers" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3985" source="Neverwinter Campaign Guide">
   <Category> 1 </Category>
   <Flavor> Your studies and your devotion to Oghma grant you great insight into many topics. Allies blessed by Oghma&apos;s presence gain knowledge of how they might better their condition. </Flavor>
   <specific name="Short Description"> You can use Wis instead of Int when making an Int-based skill check; when you use healing word each ally in the burst gains +1 to their next saving throw before end of your next turn </specific>
   <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
   <specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_14246,ID_FMP_POWER_14247,ID_FMP_POWER_14248,ID_FMP_POWER_14249 </specific>
   <specific name="Type"> Encounter </specific>
   <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_2 </specific>
   <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_14246,ID_FMP_POWER_14247,ID_FMP_POWER_14248,ID_FMP_POWER_14249 </specific>
   <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14246" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14247" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14248" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14249" type="Power" Level="1-12" />
      <modify name="Healing Word" type="Power" Field="Oghma Domain Features and Powers" value="When you use healing word, each ally in the burst gains a +1 bonus to the next saving throw he or she makes before the end of your next turn." />
      <modify name="Arcana" type="Skill" Field="Key Ability" value="Wisdom" />
      <statadd name="Arcana" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
      <statadd name="Arcana" value="-ABILITYMOD(Intelligence)" type="Ability" />
      <modify name="History" type="Skill" Field="Key Ability" value="Wisdom" />
      <statadd name="History" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
      <statadd name="History" value="-ABILITYMOD(Intelligence)" type="Ability" />
      <modify name="Religion" type="Skill" Field="Key Ability" value="Wisdom" />
      <statadd name="Religion" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
      <statadd name="Religion" value="-ABILITYMOD(Intelligence)" type="Ability" />
   </rules>
You can use Wisdom instead of Intelligence when making an Intelligence-based skill check.
	In addition, when you use healing word, each ally in the burst gains a +1 bonus to the next saving throw he or she makes before the end of your next turn.
	You also gain the following powers.
</RulesElement>
This still doesn't address the character being marked as "Status: houseruled" as soon as the Oghma domain is applied. Incidentally, the same happens with the Selune and Torm domains, but not with the Corellon domain. I haven't dug far enough into that to figure out what's fundamentally different between the new domains, but something's wonky in the NWCG code in the 10-cleric.part file

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Feel free to host your installer on cbloader.com. My hosting can take it no problem (and I hate Mediafire with a burning passion)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kitsap Charles posted:

This still doesn't address the character being marked as "Status: houseruled" as soon as the Oghma domain is applied. Incidentally, the same happens with the Selune and Torm domains, but not with the Corellon domain. I haven't dug far enough into that to figure out what's fundamentally different between the new domains, but something's wonky in the NWCG code in the 10-cleric.part file

I'm just creating new warpriest characters and they are not showing up as houseruled.

Can you try creating a brand new oghma warpriest to see if that comes up houseruled?

EDIT:
Changes to Rogue.part

Thieves were incorrectly getting Fading Retreat (a master thief pp utility) at level 16 instead of Slip from the Grasp. That has now been resolved.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 21, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Thieves were incorrectly getting Fading Retreat (a master thief pp utility) at level 16 instead of Slip from the Grasp. That has now been resolved.

Holy smokes! Thanks for the catch Drew. I had been staring at the screen too long when fixed that this morning. :tipshat:

Mustache Ride posted:

Feel free to host your installer on cbloader.com. My hosting can take it no problem (and I hate Mediafire with a burning passion)
Aye. That is probably a good idea. I will upload a copy.
---
edit:
The media fire URL is still valid for now but you can also grab the goodness at:
http://www.cbloader.com/installer/

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

I'm just creating new warpriest characters and they are not showing up as houseruled.

Can you try creating a brand new oghma warpriest to see if that comes up houseruled?
I load the builder from scratch, start a new character, select Warpriest as the class and either Oghma, Selune, or Torm as the domain. Voila! instant "Status: houseruled".

• Locked thread