Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

It's not that the PC version of From Dust is less then the 360 one somehow, its just that it was expected to be at least a tiny bit better graphically, but it's not at all and instead we get an (admittedly harmless) launcher with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Davincie posted:

It's not that the PC version of From Dust is less then the 360 one somehow, its just that it was expected to be at least a tiny bit better graphically, but it's not at all and instead we get an (admittedly harmless) launcher with it.

Agree for sure. It's disappointing for sure that more wasn't done for the PC release, but at worst you're not getting anything less than the console, and a best you can in fact tweak a few things outside of the game.

If you think about it the other way round, if you buy the console version, you're buying the PC version, except you're restricted to a gamepad and can't tweak anything at all.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Category Fun! posted:

RPS is alright but they're way too heavy on the PC master race angle. They made a comment in the Bastion review about how playing with "the superior keyboard and mouse controls" was difficult because diagonal movement didn't match up with the angle of diagonal paths in the game, so you had to alternate between two directions to move diagonally properly. Presumably that means that the keyboard and mouse aren't superior? :psyduck:

Mouse and keyboard are superior in some instances (fps, rts) and a gamepad is superior in other instances (action heavy, platformers, driving.) This is coming from a contard hatin' PC Gaming Supremacist.

I think the keyboard is due for a makeover, personally. Right now if you want to move forward at different velocities in an FPS, you need to press or hold another key to do so, like shift. If there were such things as "real" gaming keyboards, they'd be pressure sensitive, and games would be developed accordingly. It's unlikely to ever happen though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Category Fun! posted:

RPS is alright but they're way too heavy on the PC master race angle. They made a comment in the Bastion review about how playing with "the superior keyboard and mouse controls" was difficult because diagonal movement didn't match up with the angle of diagonal paths in the game, so you had to alternate between two directions to move diagonally properly. Presumably that means that the keyboard and mouse aren't superior? :psyduck:

That's a bad example, because there are tons of ways to do diagonals on a keyboard, and the devs just didn't despite there being a heavy reliance on diagonal movement in the level design.

Praxis19
Nov 4, 2009

No justice no peace ACAB
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, there were 2 votes for STALKER (3 if you count Fallout, both are post-nuclear disaster shooter/RPG hybrids) so I'm downloading Shadow of Chernobyl right now. Makes more sense to me to go in order, not like the game looks hideous or anything. I'll wait a bit on Deus Ex, to try and avoid cyberpunk overload from E.Y.E., but I'll definitely pick it up at some point. The Decennial thread was pretty... positive about the game. I have played a bunch of the other suggestions on 360 already (Fallouts, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Orange Box) but if there's something that gets super-massively improved on PC over console, I suppose it could be worth it.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Doulos posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, there were 2 votes for STALKER (3 if you count Fallout, both are post-nuclear disaster shooter/RPG hybrids) so I'm downloading Shadow of Chernobyl right now. Makes more sense to me to go in order, not like the game looks hideous or anything.

It's far from hideous, just make sure you do use the Complete mod.

I just finished completing this for the first time myself. There's metric tons of Stalker screenshots all around the web, but FWIW here's 15 from me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jlaw/screenshot/596945436835810273/?filter=app_4500&tab=public

There's a bunch of quirks to the game that can make it hard to get started with. The way the inventory and weapon selection works, food, radiation, anomalies, weight limit, some vague-sounding statistics on armor and powers (like "rupture") ... I bounced off the game a couple of times before I got going, but then it really sucked me in. I love the unique world they've put together for you to ramble around in. Good luck, and ask questions or check a wiki to get past any confusing parts!

JLaw fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 21, 2011

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That's a bad example, because there are tons of ways to do diagonals on a keyboard, and the devs just didn't despite there being a heavy reliance on diagonal movement in the level design.
Today's patch makes the controls isometric (diagonal) by default now. I still would play it with a controller, though.

And yeah, I've been underwhelmed with RPS for many reasons.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 21, 2011

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Node posted:

I think the keyboard is due for a makeover, personally. Right now if you want to move forward at different velocities in an FPS, you need to press or hold another key to do so, like shift. If there were such things as "real" gaming keyboards, they'd be pressure sensitive, and games would be developed accordingly.

This is pretty much the worst idea ever.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Node posted:

I think the keyboard is due for a makeover, personally. Right now if you want to move forward at different velocities in an FPS, you need to press or hold another key to do so, like shift. If there were such things as "real" gaming keyboards, they'd be pressure sensitive, and games would be developed accordingly. It's unlikely to ever happen though.

This is a terrible idea for FPS games; we don't need that level of granularity in player movement.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

keyframe posted:

This is pretty much the worst idea ever.

Yeah, that would suck. Not that the keyboard can't be improved for gaming, I'm hoping that's what the G13 will be (I've got one on the way now).

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

kuddles posted:

Today's patch makes the controls isometric (diagonal) by default now. I still would play it with a controller, though.

And yeah, I've been underwhelmed with RPS for many reasons.
I check rps regularly for pc news and havent had any issues with it. What do you guys use?

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Also, I've lost some respect for RPS ever since they started talking about Train Sims and their thousands of dollars in expansions in a positive light. Also also, they think they are much funnier than they actually are. Some of their video content they've produced is shockingly unfunny, despite the apparent attitude by those involved that they're the funniest thing since sliced funny bread.

I don't know of any video content they've produced; are you perhaps thinking of someone else?

As far as I can tell they're sort of genteelly jocular about the "PC master race" thing -- I've seen them bring the mod-hammer down on folks who get serious about platform warrioring. And they don't seem to be especial cheerleaders for train sims; they just don't sufficiently mock them I guess.

Horses for courses, particularly when it comes to humor, so I'm not going to stink up the thread with website white-knighting. I'd just hate to see folks miss out on some extensive and (IMO) quality PC games coverage just because of getting off on the wrong foot.

On the other hand if you just hate British whimsy then staying far away from RPS is completely the right call. :)

Edit: VVVV fair 'nuf.

JLaw fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 21, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I check rps regularly for pc news and havent had any issues with it. What do you guys use?

Usually Blues News for a broad focus on PC news. I like it because it's just a simple page filled mostly with links to the days news, so you can quickly scan for stuff you're interested in, without getting a lot of the fluff commentary by the editors you get at many other news aggregate sites. They also update twice a day, so they catch quite a bit of the news on PC games every day.

RPS is pretty good most of the time, but at times their need to be clever is a bit tiresome, mostly because they're not all that clever to begin with. They also tend to exhibit that annoying "we're British, so everything american is beneath us" attitude. I'm not even american, but it's annoying as hell every time they break out their "Oh, those silly americans do love their brainless manshoots, don't they. Oh sigh." schtick.

I do like their "Wot I Think" articles, as it gives a nice overview of a game in plain, everyday language, rather than the strict and overproduced fare from most review sites. And of course they do catch a lot of the smaller and less exposed titles that would otherwise fly under a lot of peoples radar.

Johnny Law posted:

I don't know of any video content they've produced; are you perhaps thinking of someone else?

And they don't seem to be especial cheerleaders for train sims; they just don't sufficiently mock them I guess.

No, it was them. But yeah, they've only done something like 2 or 3 videos total. And each was so unfunny I'm practically cringing for all those involved. As for the train sims, one of the editors was actually talking about how he was looking forward to the next expansion for whatever train sim, and felt it was great how train sims are finally getting the attention they deserve. :suicide:

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 21, 2011

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
There any chiclet style keyboards with anti-ghosting out there? Chiclet style seems to be pretty rare right now.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They also tend to exhibit that annoying "we're British, so everything american is beneath us" attitude.

You're either imagining things or unable to tell when someone's being facetious. They do not exhibit that attitude at all.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Arcsech posted:

Yeah, that would suck. Not that the keyboard can't be improved for gaming, I'm hoping that's what the G13 will be (I've got one on the way now).

The only thing I want from the G13 is better application of the "joystick" mode for the thumbstick. Having it bound to just WASD is nice, but true analog movement would be nice. (I just started playing AC:B so I'm doubly noticing this.) While the option to have it be in "joystick" mode is always there (IIRC) it doesn't work like that unless the game supports an actual joystick, since it doesn't map in using a standard control pad or something like that.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

You're either imagining things or unable to tell when someone's being facetious. They do not exhibit that attitude at all.

Yeah I've never really experienced this attitude. The stuff about them pointing out smaller games is no joke, though. They recommended the free game Hide recently and it's a borderline amazing game. No way I would have ever heard of it if it hadn't been for RPS.

Hide is awesome by the way, everyone should check it out. It's pretty much what makes PC gaming great for me.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Red Baron posted:

The only thing I want from the G13 is better application of the "joystick" mode for the thumbstick. Having it bound to just WASD is nice, but true analog movement would be nice. (I just started playing AC:B so I'm doubly noticing this.) While the option to have it be in "joystick" mode is always there (IIRC) it doesn't work like that unless the game supports an actual joystick, since it doesn't map in using a standard control pad or something like that.
There's only two things Logitech can do about that, though.

1. Have the joystick pretend to be a 360 stick, since that's where all the future analog stick support is going to be. Better be able to assign all the 360 buttons too. The problem with this is that the games vary wildly in how they tolerate simultaneous mouse and gamepad input. In almost all cases analog input froma 360 pad is handled as mutually exclusive from mouse input.

Mirror's Edge truly doesn't give a gently caress and is seamless, allowing 360 stick and mouse input together. Crysis 2 doesn't pause at all, but when it detects a different type of input the onscreen prompts fluctuate between keyboard icons and 360 icons. Fallout 3, I believe, is one of the majority of current games that stops everything when mouse input comes in and drops the analog stick, or vice-versa, preventing the two from being used at the same time.

It's not up to Logitech to make sure PC games allow mouse and gamepad input together. Their support would allow me to stop using that TOCA Edit thing, at least.

OR

2. The only other thing they can do is allow you to bind W to part of the Y Axis and Shift-W to the rest, but that isn't true analog input anyway.

The G13 is an amazing and ridiculously advanced input device with programming software head and shoulders above what I've seen from Belkin, Razer, and the lot. But using the analog stick for movement just wasn't planned for in its design, and with the deep schism between mousers and padders in the PC world, you can't blame them.

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
quick crosspost from SH/SC thread. I am planning on building my own PC for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I am planning on picking up:

AMD Phenom II X4 850 3.30GHz Quad Core 95w (Socket AM3) Processor - Retail
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AMD 880 (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
8GB Corsair XMS3 (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 "Superclock" EE (External Exhaust) 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
2TB Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive
Antec 100 One Hundred Black Mid Tower Chassis
450W XFX Core Edition 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply

Obviously, I have quite a limited budget of around £450, so this is about the best I can afford. What do you guys think? Will it comfortably run games like The Withcer 2? Hopefully putting it together wont be a massive pain in the arse.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Copper Vein posted:

G13 stuff

Oh, absolutely. The easiest way would be your option #1. I forget exactly what the "driver" (or whatever it's called that handles input from the XBOX controller. X-something-something. Whatever it is the G13 uses something else.) is called but enabling the joystick to work in that capacity would be the easiest way to emulate the analog functions, although as you point out many games have issues handling both mouse and thumbstick input.

Regardless of the lack of analog stick ability, the thumbstick is a literal stroke of genius and I can't even use games with WASD on the G13 anymore. It's just so much more natural to use the stick for navigation than to use the WASD keys. (Plus then you get four extra keybindings!)

Also, I give Logitech a lot of poo poo for their software, but the latest release of their gaming software (which controls the G13's keys and application profiles) has treated me right so far.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Pogue_Mahone posted:

quick crosspost from SH/SC thread. I am planning on building my own PC for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I am planning on picking up:

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 "Superclock" EE (External Exhaust) 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Obviously, I have quite a limited budget of around £450, so this is about the best I can afford. What do you guys think? Will it comfortably run games like The Withcer 2? Hopefully putting it together wont be a massive pain in the arse.

That looks good, the computer I built a few months ago for about $600 has a slightly slower processor, 4GB instead of 8GB of RAM, and a ATI Radeon HD 6850, which is about the equivalent of a 460 and it runs everything I've tried on max or high, though I don't have TW2. Crysis & Metro 2033 are probably the most stressful games I've tried in that department.

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
Excellent, that is good to know. If you can run Metro 2033 I think TW2 should be fine. Time to go order it all then! Thanks.

Nevitt
May 30, 2011

Pogue_Mahone posted:

You don't say what resolution you game at which will make the biggest difference. But yes should be able to play TW2, Metro etc on reasonably high graphics settings at <= 1080p.

Just a small thing, you should not be having an F4 as a main drive, those are for media storage only. If your budget does not stretch to an SSD then get an Samsung F3 instead.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Doulos posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, there were 2 votes for STALKER (3 if you count Fallout, both are post-nuclear disaster shooter/RPG hybrids) so I'm downloading Shadow of Chernobyl right now. Makes more sense to me to go in order, not like the game looks hideous or anything. I'll wait a bit on Deus Ex, to try and avoid cyberpunk overload from E.Y.E., but I'll definitely pick it up at some point. The Decennial thread was pretty... positive about the game. I have played a bunch of the other suggestions on 360 already (Fallouts, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Orange Box) but if there's something that gets super-massively improved on PC over console, I suppose it could be worth it.

Get Just Cause 2; It goes on sale often for 5bucks of less and while the textures up close might not be super-duper high resolution the amazing scenery with a beast of a computer puts many other games to shame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1pNb2357Y

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
Chiming in on the discussion on good gamepads from a page or two back:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963335-0403-Precision-Gamepad/dp/B00030AX3Q

This.

This gamepad is typically $10 bucks. It has the best d-pad out of any controller I've used outside of a nice, new Nintendo controller. It's precise, it's got the diagonals just right, and it's comfortable. If you don't need analogue sticks, and you want a controller to play a SNES or NES emulator, this is the controller for you.

I've owned it and used it regularly for about four years now without issue, on XP, Vista, 7, and Mac, and it's still as sturdy and useable as the day I bought it. For $10, you can't really ask for more!

EDIT: Apparently they aren't making this anymore! I'm sure you can still find them somewhere, though.

DrGreatJob fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 21, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Brother Scrotum posted:

If you don't need analogue sticks, and you want a controller to play a SNES or NES emulator, this is the controller for you.

Nope. If you want to play SNES/NES emulators, THIS is the only controller you need. Out of the myriad knockoff USB SNES pads, this is the only one worth a drat.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nope. If you want to play SNES/NES emulators, THIS is the only controller you need. Out of the myriad knockoff USB SNES pads, this is the only one worth a drat.

Just ordered one, thanks for the tip. I used to use a 3-way PS2/N64/SNES controller USB converter, but it was a huge piece of poo poo that would inexplicably scramble the buttons whenever it was plugged in.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Just ordered one, thanks for the tip. I used to use a 3-way PS2/N64/SNES controller USB converter, but it was a huge piece of poo poo that would inexplicably scramble the buttons whenever it was plugged in.

You'll be happy! Apart from there being no Nintendo logo on the controller, this controller is a virtual clone of the official SNES pad. Nice and sturdy, and dare I say it, the D-Pad may in fact be better than the official SNES pad.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

http://www.amazon.com/WII-CLASSIC-CONTROLLER-PC-USB-Nintendo/dp/B003711698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313933526&sr=8-1

This is my favorite way to play NES/SNES/N64 emulators. :shobon:

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Yeah I've never really experienced this attitude. The stuff about them pointing out smaller games is no joke, though. They recommended the free game Hide recently and it's a borderline amazing game. No way I would have ever heard of it if it hadn't been for RPS.

Hide is awesome by the way, everyone should check it out. It's pretty much what makes PC gaming great for me.

Is what makes it great for PC gaming the fact that it:

1) Does not trap the mouse to your primary display?
2) Does not have any way to invert the mouse?
3) Does not have any way to change the controls?
4) None of the above?

This is a trick question.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Essobie posted:

4) None of the above?

This is going to sound weird, but I am fine with and even support this with Hide because minimalism is an acceptable design choice. It makes sense in the game not to really have an options menu. What makes a game like Hide great for me(and what makes it something cool specific to PC gaming) is that some dude can just do a thing and put it on a message board and it ends up on a relatively major press outlet. It's also a pretty weird thing that he did.

Zero Trust
Dec 29, 2009

"the car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel..."
Just chiming in to say thanks to everyone for sharin' their thoughts on PS3/360 gamepads. I ended up getting both for free from my friend! I think I definetly like the PS3 pad more for 2D/Sidescrolly stuff (Terraria, Dungeons Of Dredmor, Beat Hazard etc) as well as my PS2/SNES/GBA emulators, and my 360 controller will handle the rest of the stuff that isn't restricted to mouse and keyboard (RTS/FPS, basically)

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Essobie posted:

4) None of the above?

It's almost as if the reason this shows off the greatness of PC gaming is because one person is able to put together something expressive, independent and unique in thier spare time and release it to a mass audience, most of whom are willing to overlook the lack of technical or mechanical polish because they're not children

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Seconding this. My only complaint is the cable housing where it connects to the controller is a bit weak. Otherwise it's pretty much a perfect reproduction.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Nevitt posted:

Just a small thing, you should not be having an F4 as a main drive, those are for media storage only. If your budget does not stretch to an SSD then get an Samsung F3 instead.

Nobody's budget should stretch to an SSD at this point in time.

Everyone I know who's bought one has had it fail within the first year of use, regardless of brand, including one guy who's had a half dozen SSDs from 3 different brands (including Intel and Corsair) die on him. For the price currently being charged for them, the utter lack of solid reliability is totally unacceptable.

They're still quite a few years from being mainstream, despite what some people may say.

Death Himself posted:

I have been using a logitech gamepad since back when they were the only way to get something like a good playstation style controller on a PC.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/controllers/devices/7361

Yup, I too have one of those PS2-clone Logitech controllers. Got it for $14.99 and it's worked great for years.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

HotCanadianChick posted:

Everyone I know who's bought one has had it fail within the first year of use, regardless of brand, including one guy who's had a half dozen SSDs from 3 different brands (including Intel and Corsair) die on him. For the price currently being charged for them, the utter lack of solid reliability is totally unacceptable.

They're still quite a few years from being mainstream, despite what some people may say.
I could not disagree more strongly. Leaving aside my equally anecdotical experiences with SSDs which are infinitely better (especially when compared to the average life of my HDDs), the following are facts:

1) The improvement in usability and performance provided by a low-end SSD is currently beyond comparison with any other similarly-priced component upgrade. Most importantly, it's not limited to gaming performance. The speed and responsiveness with which programs start and run from a SSD is something that must be experienced. I have yet to encounter someone who has used a SSD-equipped computer for some time and does not now cringe upon doing work with HDD-only PCs. (Incidentally, this is the probable explanation for why your friend insisted on keeping to SSDs even after his fifth failure.)

2) The small size of current SSDs and humongous size of HDDs means that it's a trivial procedure to have the former be frequently and automatically imaged within the latter. Combined with a decent warranty length, it minimises the annoyance caused by any failure of the SSD you might experience.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Anyone here use a G19 keyboard?

I have a basic one I got with a pre-built PC about 10 years ago and I think it's time to upgrade.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

HotCanadianChick posted:

1 and half years (give or take) here and my Corsair C300 SSD has been solid, no pun intended :)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Basic Beater posted:

http://www.amazon.com/WII-CLASSIC-CONTROLLER-PC-USB-Nintendo/dp/B003711698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313933526&sr=8-1

This is my favorite way to play NES/SNES/N64 emulators. :shobon:

Best way to do N64 emulation is with an N64 controller, IMO. No other controller has an adequate button configuration to simulate the N64's properly. Joystick, shoulder buttons, trigger button, six face buttons, it was an oddball controller.

Doesn't the Classic Controller have two analog trigger buttons? Do they both work in addition to both joysticks using DirectInput? I thought it didn't have enough axis to map them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Man I can't find a good place to ask this question on SA so I figure the gaming thread is the safest:

What is a good gaming headset that isn't littered with reviews talking about how it falls apart in 6 months to a year? I'm looking for something very room cancelling, whether that's from simple muffling/ear surround or actual cancelling, I don't really care it just needs to cut me off from the world but also have a mic attached.

I'm getting kind of fed up hunting and am considering just dropping a load of cash on a prosumer desk microphone (like a low-end broadcasting desk mic) and using the decent just-headphones I already have.

Any feedback is appreciated.

• Locked thread