Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Anyone know how to reset a dog? This one seems to be stuck in vertical mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
Pet litter on the beach is a serious problem. Pick up after your pets!

Don't worry, he was protected from the sun.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
One of my dachshunds, Sonny, at about 2.5 months.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Astrobastard posted:

Gonna spam some pics here, some beautiful dogs in this thread so I'll post my retardhound.

I love Frenchies. :3:

My husband and I are looking to get one when we move into our next apartment. Yours looks like a hilarious and sweet little bugger. Do you enjoy having one?

yay! shar peis!

Hastings has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Jul 27, 2011

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Our (now sadly departed :( ) Bearded Collie Angus

Showing mirror-him who's boss.

Chillin' on a walk.

Showing off his new find.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Spalec posted:

Bright Lights On
Aug 26, 2005

The Fattest Bridesmaid of them All
Guinness, my now grown up pomapoo (rescue!) puppy when he was a baby.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Portraits of dogs as they shake off water

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

wootmachine posted:

My Olde English and a friend's Pit Bull mugging it up like it's a dental commercial.

Speaking of which my Mother has recently got herself a couple of Rottweillers, and whenever I visit and they see me they start breathing heavily with that expression on their faces. While they're incredibly friendly and flop over almost the second I start fussing over them, their behaviour seems really weird to me and kind of creepy. :ohdear:

I assume it's friendly but on earth do they do it on seeing me and not just in general day to day walkies? :v:

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.

poptart_fairy posted:

Speaking of which my Mother has recently got herself a couple of Rottweillers, and whenever I visit and they see me they start breathing heavily with that expression on their faces. While they're incredibly friendly and flop over almost the second I start fussing over them, their behaviour seems really weird to me and kind of creepy. :ohdear:

I assume it's friendly but on earth do they do it on seeing me and not just in general day to day walkies? :v:

[dog behaviorist]They're basically smiling and laughing in dog-ese and saying "Oh, hey, you! I like you! Like me in return!" The heavy breathing, the not-quite-panting, is as far as testing has shown (don't have any links on hand right now, sorry) is a sign to other dogs of "I am in good humor, I am enjoying things." So the dogs might just be signaling each other, or are so well-adjusted to being with people that they give you the sign, too.

Walks are pretty boring to dogs unless they get to set the pace and RACE, OR they get to set the pace and sniff every single thing in the world; it's possible they'd do the same smiling and huffing while playing games they like, like 'wrestle.'

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
My Jack Russell Bobby trying to hide in the heather:

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Another one of my shepherd Josie

sandle tits
Jun 1, 2011

The Hatchet Man

I heart bacon posted:

Another one of my shepherd Josie

Thats a good looking shepherd

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I guess he doesn't like his Halloween costume?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

greenscag posted:

Thats a good looking shepherd

She's a lot of fun and a big baby too.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Spalec posted:

Our (now sadly departed :( ) Bearded Collie Angus

Showing mirror-him who's boss.

Chillin' on a walk.

Bearded Collies are the poo poo.

This was my Beardie, Riley.

Riley enjoyed tissues.

He did not enjoy socks on his head.

Bonus puppy pic

He later destroyed that floor.

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

I say thee yay! :neckbeard:

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

Sad story: dog in the Fukushima exclusion zone, left behind after the Japanese tsunami/earthquake and evacuation. Great picture though, and that kind of coverage got people to breach the zone to feed the abandoned and rescue some :3: crazy dog lovers.

Embiggen has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Aug 22, 2011

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Embiggen posted:

This little guy is literally :smugdog:

edit for content: how fast are we going?
http://i.imgur.com/bHLym.jpg

webmeister has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Aug 23, 2011

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

My brother's dog Ziggy, pouting because they left him for the weekend. He quickly cheered up tho :)

Imma bee, Imma bee, ImmaImmaImma bee.

This is Harper, my friend's rescue Golden/Collie(we think...)

His "big brother" Dixon

"What's that?"

"I WANT IT!"

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

ARGLEBARGLWHARBL

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Hastings posted:

I love Frenchies. :3:

My husband and I are looking to get one when we move into our next apartment. Yours looks like a hilarious and sweet little bugger. Do you enjoy having one?

In our family we've had German Shepherds, Old English Sheepdogs and Border Collies and Frenchies just rock in comparison. I've wanted an English Bulldog all my life and WILL one day, I love all bulldog breeds and Bostons too, but English Bulldogs are just not realistic in these small apartments in Versailles. As long as you do your research into Bulldogs beforehand (I was just overwhelmed with what I didn't know or assume) I can promise they're just the coolest dogs ever. They have bursts of energy but sleep like a champ most of the time, also usually involving hefty amounts of snoring. They can suffer quite quickly in hotter weather if they're doing anything at all (even walking) so you have to leave the apartment prepared to go into dog cooldown mode. It's hit 35C again here recently and she wanted to lay down after about 15 minutes of slow walking, but bottles of water, a few breaks and shade do the trick most of the time. The fact she's a darker colour doesnt help either though.

On the other hand, if they're sleeping they love the heat, she crawls onto the sunbeams on the floor as they move during the day, and refuses to sleep anywhere at night apart from under the duvet.

They get on amazingly with kids (the smaller the better, ours goes prone to the ground and literally inches towards random toddlers she sees outside on occasion) and other dogs of course, but they're relatively stubborn too. Dealing with the dreaded Bulldog fart was an initial surprise but you get over it fast :)

They also love baths -

More recent pic -

They're hilarious for sure, sometimes a bit clumsy, and many times just downright retarded. Definitely get one someday and post pics when you do :3:

Edit -

Says it all

PulsarD
Aug 7, 2003
Premium
Biscuit Hider
My son and his dog.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.
The most patient dog in the world.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

dinozombiesgoRARR has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Aug 27, 2011

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

"Look mum, no bones!"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Embiggen posted:

Haha, I love this. Looks like a kid at church... "This is sooooooo BORING!"

Scarf has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Aug 29, 2011

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Scarf posted:

Haha, I love this. Looks like a kid at church... "This is sooooooo BORING!"

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Scenty posted:

I'll post my own dog, Norm!
. . .
and licking our hands furiously.

I should have named my dog "Hard Licker".

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Happy.

Not so happy.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
So my friend Seth's girlfriend gets out of bed in their apartment one night to use the bathroom, and notices a guy standing in the hall. Long story short, Seth's on the downswing with a butcher knife as the guy dives out the window and r-u-n-n-o-f-ts.

So Seth goes and adopts a pit bull. This he what he ends up with:

She will jump up on intruders and slobber them to death, unless they have the wits to distract her by tossing a ball.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

• Locked thread