Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The robot day care one had me watching with some weird combination of :stare: and :haw:. I rather liked it, and I haven't seen it since. Provided they don't inundate my shows with it, I can safely say I enjoy that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

MillionsV posted:

If you have migraines... you know pain.

This one always irritates me. Not so much because of the actress but because Excedrin Migraine has exactly the same ingredients/dosage as regular Excedrin, they just rebranded it and raised the price.

Also I have migraines (that's right, I know pain) and Excedrin doesn't do poo poo for them. :argh:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Worx, gently caress you. gently caress your 5hour energy knock off infomercial spoof. So goddamn grating.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Palleon posted:

To me, all of Geico's terrible commercials were redeemed by the Robot Day Care commercial, and I look forward to them running it into the ground and then some.

People say stuff like this but has Geico ever made terrible commercials? I know some people didn`t love the cavemen but they`re still in like the top 5% of commercials compared to pretty much everything else on TV.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Amazing posted:

People say stuff like this but has Geico ever made terrible commercials? I know some people didn`t love the cavemen but they`re still in like the top 5% of commercials compared to pretty much everything else on TV.

Only one of their ads that got annoying for me was the ad with the pig squealing for 20 seconds as he drove home. But still better then most crap in this thread.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I know movie commercials are rarely the greatest thing ever, but the ad for Bucky Larson seems as though it is a calculated effort to be as irritating as possible. Especially at the end with the "RATED R! HA HA HA HA!"

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

raditts posted:

So did you not see the video he linked of a dude lighting his water on fire or what.

After everything in the last few years I can't understand how anyone would trust oil companies to do the right thing by default.

Just so you know, that video (from Gasland) didn't result from fracking. The man's personal well and been drilled into a naturally occuring pocket of methane.

mexicanmonkey
Nov 17, 2005

FIESTA TIME

Rirse posted:

Only one of their ads that got annoying for me was the ad with the pig squealing for 20 seconds as he drove home. But still better then most crap in this thread.
I laugh every time at that one because of how pissed off he's making the other people in the car and his nonchalant "Thanks Mrs A".

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Tragedienne posted:

I know movie commercials are rarely the greatest thing ever, but the ad for Bucky Larson seems as though it is a calculated effort to be as irritating as possible. Especially at the end with the "RATED R! HA HA HA HA!"

This is a loving anti-commercial. It seems engineered to make as many people as possible NOT see the film. Ignoring the fact that the movie looks goddamn horrible, but I really do not like a guy who talks like he is mildly retarded yell at me throughout the ad.

Rated R for Pirates gently caress You!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Who is that guy anyway, it really seems like I should know who he is but I don't.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010
This most likely has been brought up in the thread by now, but in the Charmin bears commercial, the most irritating phrase has to be "You'll never pass inspection with pieces left behind". Oh pretty please tell me, Charmin, when and in what situation will my rear end be inspected for toilet paper lint? :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

piratepilates posted:

Who is that guy anyway, it really seems like I should know who he is but I don't.

He's been in a bunch of Adam Sandler/"Happy Madison" movies.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
:siren: ALL. SENIOR. CITIZENS. SHOULD. HAVE. LIFEALERT. :siren:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

chazburgr posted:

:siren: ALL. SENIOR. CITIZENS. SHOULD. HAVE. LIFEALERT. :siren:

You should give that commercial a break, it's older than half the people who post on this forum :corsair:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

constantIllusion posted:

This most likely has been brought up in the thread by now, but in the Charmin bears commercial, the most irritating phrase has to be "You'll never pass inspection with pieces left behind". Oh pretty please tell me, Charmin, when and in what situation will my rear end be inspected for toilet paper lint? :allears:

Judging from those commercials, you're supposed to walk around the house naked until your parents inspect it. Also you need to grind the toilet paper over a wide area so the pieces will be easily visible at a glance all over your rear end cheeks.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
"I'm not Richard, I'm Grandpa Smucker!" Even though he clearly is Richard, a small child, and not Grandpa, who we are left to assume has recently shuffled off this mortal coil.

Is the child possessed by Grandpa's malevolent spirit from beyond the grave? Experiencing a personality disorder, to cope with the trauma of Grandpa's passing? Trying to get in on some of that sweet "elderly spokesperson" money Orville Redenbacher was making bank with?

I dunno. All's I do know is that kid is loving annoying.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

constantIllusion posted:

Wait, your parents don't do this?

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

constantIllusion posted:

Well, if you're gay, or a woman, someone inspecting your naked behind is a fairly common occurrence during sex.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
For some reason, one of the really popular ads near where I am (106.1 BLI, Long Island) has a Ad Council commercial about being prepared for a disaster.

"But what if a disaster strikes. Are you prepared for that?"

Not even like a fire or a tsunami or a kaiju attack

Just "A" disaster. It's so vague and frequent that it bugs the poo poo out of me. Also in the midle they do this creepy backwards sound thing when the "disaster" strikes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

100 Years in Iraq posted:

You should give that commercial a break, it's older than half the people who post on this forum :corsair:

There can't be a single person in that commercial besides C. Everett Koop who's still alive.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Qe9siD4Ys

Creepy 50 year old looking kid. Motherfucker looks like John Roberts.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rirse posted:

I still like that commercial, but that may just be because I think pigs are adorable.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
I can't take that loving AT&T 4G flash mob commercial anymore. It plays every loving break and has been for months now. That loving ad is going to be the end of the last remaining shreds of my sanity, I swear to loving god.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

raditts posted:

There can't be a single person in that commercial besides C. Everett Koop who's still alive.

And I'm kinda surprised he is still alive.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Dicks Sporting Good Steven Jackson commercial is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6COC8CUkuM

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 5, 2011

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

I still like that commercial, but that may just be because I think pigs are adorable.

I've always liked that commercial. The pig always reminds me of my cute but incredibly loud/dumb cat and it cracks me up. But I could see how most people wouldn't like it.

I used to think the smartphone one was kind of funny too in a stupid way, but it's been played so much that I've just gotten sick of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

He needs to be dragged into the street and stoned. I just want him to die so much.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Saw this piece of poo poo during Breaking Bad tonight. Felt like it would never end.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I loving hate Curtis Stone and this bullshit commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbtx0LMc0Iw

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 5, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

muscles like this? posted:

The weird thing is that he's a half decent standup comic, and he's been good on random tv stuff like Cheap Seats and Reno 911. His roles in movies are just mostly obnoxious.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

I can't tell you how much my husband and I hate that one Subway commercial where they talk about how much grease is produced from making food, and that most of it ends up in your nasty fast food burger. But come to Subway for this chicken cutlet sandwich that is always baked, never fried in our stores (but is totally a loving fried chicken cutlet patty that was just fried somewhere else.) :smug:

gently caress you, Subway. You and your lovely sandwiches.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Rhyno posted:

He needs to be dragged into the street and stoned. I just want him to die so much.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess he's already pretty stoned.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The weird thing is that he's a half decent standup comic, and he's been good on random tv stuff like Cheap Seats and Reno 911. His roles in movies are just mostly obnoxious.

You seem to be talking about Nick Swardson where the other dude is talking about Adam Sandler's buddy that appears to be coked up randomly saying poo poo in the commercial as interruptions not actually starring in the movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't believe they still use the horrible caveman in ads still. They don't appear in the main Geico ads anymore, but on ESPN you can see them in a ad for Fantasy Football now. Ever since that failed tv series, I grown to hate the Geico Cavemen.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Saw this piece of poo poo during Breaking Bad tonight. Felt like it would never end.

Nah this is pretty funny.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rirse posted:

I can't believe they still use the horrible caveman in ads still. They don't appear in the main Geico ads anymore, but on ESPN you can see them in a ad for Fantasy Football now. Ever since that failed tv series, I grown to hate the Geico Cavemen.

Same here and adding the gecko. I think they've done everything they can with him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Geico's caveman was all over NHL coverage last season and I expect that to continue :sigh:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Party Rock Anthem-Kia Soul Hamster Commercial [HD]: Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO

If I ever see a friend or family member drive a loving Kia Soul...well, I probably won't do anything cause I drive a Sunfire, but still. Painfully awful commercial.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

DJExile posted:

Geico's caveman was all over NHL coverage last season and I expect that to continue :sigh:

Seriously the worst part of watching hockey games. I think the only one I laughed at was the Mike Green one, and even that one was way overdone, considering Green's acting ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Seriously the worst part of watching hockey games. I think the only one I laughed at was the Mike Green one, and even that one was way overdone, considering Green's acting ability.

I have to admit I chuckled at Beninati sending it down to reporter-caveman for that "shoot through the hole in the wall" thing and he's completely surrounded by gecko inflatables and Geico signs with a :stare: face.