Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Yeah, keep in mind that the older books didn't account for poo poo like "city adventures" or all that. Towns existed as places to get wasted and spend your gold as you headed off to the next mysterious ruin. In 1973, if your adventure wasn't in the crumbling remnants of some once-great civilization miles from nowhere, you were doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, keep in mind that the older books didn't account for poo poo like "city adventures" or all that. Towns existed as places to get wasted and spend your gold as you headed off to the next mysterious ruin. In 1973, if your adventure wasn't in the crumbling remnants of some once-great civilization miles from nowhere, you were doing it wrong.

By 1979, they had random encounter tables for cities and everything.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

prefect posted:

You can't fool me, that's from FATAL and I'm going to continue believing so no matter how much evidence to the contrary there is.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

You can't fool me, that's from FATAL and I'm going to continue believing so no matter how much evidence to the contrary there is.

Remember this chart everytime people get upset that female dragonborn have boobs. D&D has come so far.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

A BRAZEN STRUMPET APPROACHES! Roll initiative!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

prefect posted:

Thanks, Gary. Thanks a lot.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Pope Guilty posted:

Thanks, Gary. Thanks a lot.

I can't believe you don't think the differences in Challenge Rating for a Brazen Strumpet and a Saucy Tart are worth cataloging.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Nilbop posted:

I can't believe you don't think the differences in Challenge Rating for a Brazen Strumpet and a Saucy Tart are worth cataloging.

I can also namesearch by avatar.

It was one of many many tables meant to inject flavor into random cities, and very much a thing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

No, then the table would've taken up at least 3 pages. You don't even want to know what FATAL has to say about harlots. :barf: :gonk:

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

A BRAZEN STRUMPET APPROACHES! Roll initiative!

I summon a wanton wench.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!
Someone post the disease table from the same era so I can figure out what I caught from that expensive doxy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TremendousMajestic posted:

Someone post the disease table from the same era so I can figure out what I caught from that expensive doxy

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
So my character died of a chronic urethra infection?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

EndOfTheWorld posted:

So my character died of a chronic urethra infection?

The Candiru is not something you take lightly

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Vadun posted:

The Candiru is not something you take lightly

Roll to see if I have testicular torsion.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TremendousMajestic posted:

You have contracted an infection of the :rolldice:

ears?

What the heck man.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Shugojin posted:

You have contracted an infection of the :rolldice:

ears?

What the heck man.

It was some EPIC dirty talk, dude.

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!

sansuki posted:

It was some EPIC dirty talk, dude.

One could say she put a bug in my ear

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Aural sex

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

You know that thing where you see a bunch of posts in the OOTS thread, come in thinking there's an update, and get disappointed by the time you finish reading?

This discussion isn't one of those times.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Cabbit posted:

a bunch of posts in the OOTS thread

For a second there I was like, "wait a minute, isn't this grognards.txt?"

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Cabbit posted:

You know that thing where you see a bunch of posts in the OOTS thread, come in thinking there's an update, and get disappointed by the time you finish reading?

This discussion isn't one of those times.

Man, I hope Rich isn't dead.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

crime fighting hog posted:

Man, I hope Rich isn't dead.

It's not going to work if you force it, you know it's not going to work if you force it. You're just wearing out the magic :mad:

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

Ashenai posted:

It's not going to work if you force it, you know it's not going to work if you force it. You're just wearing out the magic :mad:

But you still checked the site anyway, right?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Amused Frog posted:

But you still checked the site anyway, right?

Oh :downs:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Ashenai posted:

Believe in me and I'll believe in you!

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
New Strip!

Sabine gets serious, but isn't genre savvy enough to know she doesn't have a chance of taking out a protagonist.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I don't suppose Clerics know Feather Fall, do they?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
Nope, but he has been using loads of flight spells recently. I'm not sure if he can cast them at a distance, though.

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't suppose Clerics know Feather Fall, do they?

Pretty sure it's a Bard spell, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In any case Durkon probably has SOMETHING that can help Elan. He could heal and buff him to probably survive a fall like that, perhaps?

Hey, will Haley have been awake and aware of her surroundings whilst stoned?

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Trivial Fursuit posted:

Pretty sure it's a Bard spell, though.

Maybe for higher level bards.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It's still a 1st level spell for bards. Bards just don't get first level spells until level 2. :eng101:

Of course, there's already an OotS comic about how confusing the world "level" is.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Sabine herself could carry him back to Nale, or Elan could force her to land with him, or any number of other things.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Spell description for Flesh to Stone specifies "turned into a mindless statue." Probably not if Rich is going by that.

e: vvv yeah, I'm guessing this is why he popped back up just now.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 15, 2011

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, hopefully he'll be able to restore Haley right quick and get her back in the game.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
I forget, are negative levels in 3.5 a thing you can reverse or do you have to earn them back the hard way?

If the latter, Elan's going to have a lot of catching up to do.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Walliard posted:

I forget, are negative levels in 3.5 a thing you can reverse or do you have to earn them back the hard way?

If the latter, Elan's going to have a lot of catching up to do.

You can reverse them, but if you wait too long they become permanent. He should be fine assuming he and Durkon survive.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

MikeJF posted:

According to experts, she'll be awake but kinda drowsy, and intensely aware of (and interested in) the most minute details of her surroundings. Afterwards, she'll get really hungry.

Elan had better figure out a way to get those levels back quick, or he could end up being a hindrance to the group.

On the other hand, didn't Roy just lose some levels too? Maybe the whole team is going to be de-leveled eventually; at least that way, they'd be even. :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Zore posted:

You can reverse them, but if you wait too long they become permanent. He should be fine assuming he and Durkon survive.

You also get a fort save if you don't remove them in 24 hours, but I doubt Elan's fort is all that great.