Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aww. Sweet. Stupid, stupid kids, but sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Dodgeball posted:

Any reason why the comic updates at midnight PST? I thought Tom was in the UK.

Not complaining, just wondering.

It does work out to 8am in the UK. I always figured he kept it in time with when he used to update manually, which presumably would be early morning.

I didn't realise that time was midnight PST, though. So it probably is related to his hosting.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Tom's art is so good it makes me angry!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Wait a minute, I thought that was Eglamore! drat, I've been reading this the wrong way the whole time.

dumb brunette posted:

Might be the timezone his hosting is in.

That's exactly what it is. He's said on formspring a couple of times that it just updates at midnight wherever its server happens to be.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Jack you suave bastard.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Don't fall for it, Jack. This was all part of her plan to continue stringing you along.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Dawwwwwwwwww

why am I getting excited over 14-year olds kissing what is wrong with me

EDIT: Have to say I don't really like Annie's face in the last panel. It seems like it shifts into a completely different art style. Panel 3 is totally awesome though.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 14, 2011

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

1stGear posted:

EDIT: Have to say I don't really like Annie's face in the last panel. It seems like it shifts into a completely different art style. Panel 3 is totally awesome though.

Seems like a normal side-profile shot. I don't think tom's used them very often though, and they're supposed look a bit different then the usual 3/4th or whatever.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Geekner posted:

Seems like a normal side-profile shot. I don't think tom's used them very often though, and they're supposed look a bit different then the usual 3/4th or whatever.

Yeah, it's just unusual to actually see Annie's face in side-profile. As far as I have noticed it is very rare and when it is used either her hair is covering most of her face or she is drawn in Tom's low detail style.

Also, scruffy hair :3:.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The story and artwork are so good it hurts me inside. Can't wait for Friday's comic. :allears:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I like how she "thinks like a forest person" and has overly complicated plans for things when her hair is back, but acts like normal Annie when it is down. Subtle, and I wouldn't have caught it without the bottom comment

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Fried Chicken posted:

I like how she "thinks like a forest person" and has overly complicated plans for things when her hair is back, but acts like normal Annie when it is down. Subtle, and I wouldn't have caught it without the bottom comment

Speaking of hair, I really like how Jack's looks like spider fangs in this chapter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tender Child Loins posted:

Speaking of hair, I really like how Jack's looks like spider fangs in this chapter.

Holy poo poo

His hair looked like that for the whole of Spring Heeled, too. Layers within layers.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

1stGear posted:

Dawwwwwwwwww

why am I getting excited over 14-year olds kissing what is wrong with me

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jesus Christ, it's the Fedex arrow all over again.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

:aaaaa: Goddamn Tom, you really get how to tell a story in a comic, don't you?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

wyoming posted:

Well played. This is hilarious. :golfclap:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

E.K. Weaver finished her piece for fan week. As expected, it's infuriatingly gorgeous:

(click for big)

I love this kind of fan art, that recreates characters faithfully but in a markedly different style. It's like glimpsing the comic world through someone else's eyes.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Kismet posted:

E.K. Weaver finished her piece for fan week. As expected, it's infuriatingly gorgeous:

(click for big)

Wow that's well done. Annie really looks like a child and not the "short adult" that a lot of art shows children as, and Coyote being done in a different style really makes his otherworldliness stand out.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Man, Annie is just no good at rhetorical questions.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, she broke down (albiet only a little) fast there. Teenage whiplash indeed.

I'm glad that she and Jack are reconciled. Even if they don't want to be romantic, when he's not insane the two of them are both (for the most part) fairly nice people with similar interests who can get along pretty well. A long term conflict without something to prompt it would feel... artificial. Although Annie was doing her best to prompt one there.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 16, 2011

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Jones is pretty scary.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Oh, good. We finally found out what Jones is. Now we can put that question to bed.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I don't see why people are so scared of Jones. She's pretty much the one authority who hasn't used violence to achieve her ends.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
She did punch through a wall in order to get to the other side of it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ka0 posted:

She did punch through a wall in order to get to the other side of it.
You can't fault her efficiency.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VanSandman posted:

I don't see why people are so scared of Jones.
It's because she's a robot.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's because she's a robot.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Jones is probably one of many myriad mythological entities that a person could be. Whooooooo knooooooows.

It'll end up that her ancestor was also an elemental. A rock one. (It was just a rock)

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Zorak posted:

Jones is probably one of many myriad mythological entities that a person could be. Whooooooo knooooooows.

It'll end up that her ancestor was also an elemental. A rock one. (It was just a rock)

Was it a male or female rock?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No, she's totally a robot. Tom has hidden messages in the comic and the comments proving it. Check these out:

:tinfoil:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Zorak posted:

She was a mountain of a woman.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

farraday posted:

Either way there was a lot of chafing :ohdear:.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

farraday posted:

Rocks don't have genders! God do you know nothing about geology?

It was definitely igneous though.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Guys, it's obvious. Jones is a troll. Just like Vaarsuvius. :v:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Y'all are overthinking this.
Here's a real-life picture of Jones:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Zorak posted:

I'm not sure about this, because Annie mentioned in chapter 32 that Ysengrin "tried" to explain what Jones is. If Jones is full or part elemental, surely she wouldn't have made such a cryptic comment.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Wahad posted:

I'm not sure about this, because Annie mentioned in chapter 32 that Ysengrin "tried" to explain what Jones is. If Jones is full or part elemental, surely she wouldn't have made such a cryptic comment.

I dunno, I think Ysengrin would have a hard time explaining that a dude once got a rock pregnant without it sounding weird!!

(It was a joke.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
I know it was a joke, but I actually find Jones intriguing as hell (to the point of sperginess sometimes) so I couldn't help it. Must decypher the Jones mystery! :reject: