Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Blinken posted:

BlueBayou how much are you looking to get for the Ninja?

I listed it at 1700 but I'm willing to go lower of course given its the end of "the season."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinken
Aug 11, 2007
Cool, sent you a PM.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

-Inu- posted:

School processes my refund in a few weeks, so if you still have it then I may get in touch with you. Looks like the perfect candidate for that 250 trackbike that I want to build...

Cool. I won't put it up on Craigslist just yet, in that case. Send me a PM or shoot me an email when you want to move forward.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
How much would you guys pay for a 2002 GZ250 Suzuki Marauder? It's got 4400 miles and it's going for $1200 in my hometown.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Frijolero posted:

How much would you guys pay for a 2002 GZ250 Suzuki Marauder? It's got 4400 miles and it's going for $1200 in my hometown.

That seems like a good price if you're looking for something like that. You can ask questions like this in the "Tell me what bike to buy" thread or the general questions thread too :)

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Is there any way that anyone has a clutch lever for a Suzuki hydraulic clutch they could get to me by Monday AM?

The lever in question is for an '02 bandit 1200, but it's the same lever of the 99-06 SV-1000, and 97-07 Hayabusa, and of course the '01-present (I think) Bandit 1200 and 1250.

Send me a PM, or I've got my IM info in my profile. Thanks.

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts

Frijolero posted:

I sold my 2006 with 9600 miles for 1,600 in the spring in Minnesota to give you some perspective. It had some scratches from a drop too.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

schreibs posted:

My bike is on the chopping block for more funds to purchase a place to live. :(

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/2561076952.html

Not gonna bother bull making GBS threads with goons, $2400 and its yours.

Dropping price for goons to $2200

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I want a Buell or some sort of v-twin Aprilia so the Vstar has to go. $6800 CL asking price, but poo poo guys, make me an offer.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2573358000.html

Tell your friends!

Located in the Seattle area but I'll deliver it within 500 miles if you can handle a few bugs on it when it arrives :v:

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 2, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

schreibs posted:

Dropping price for goons to $2200

I emailed you. I can't afford it but I'm trying to push it off on one of my friends.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I emailed you. I can't afford it but I'm trying to push it off on one of my friends.

Sorry looking for your email, not seeing it between the "what is final price and will you use escrow asap ship express it is gift" spam emails. Send to schreib1 at umbc extension denoting university

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Sold.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 28, 2011

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That was fast.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Trip Daddy X posted:

Bought the jacket and it isn't exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately since I wore it and removed the tags, returning it is out of the question. It is in perfect condition, I could tell you it was brand new and you wouldn't know any better. Size 42, and has removable liner as well. I paid $299 for it, asking $200 shipped.

Paypal is Justin at Detroitbass dot com.

Willing to do $150 if anyone is interested.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Trip Daddy X posted:

Willing to do $150 if anyone is interested.

Having a hard time telling what size that is in american. XL?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mcqueen posted:

Having a hard time telling what size that is in american. XL?

It's a medium, basically.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
I'm still tossing around the idea of if I want to give away or sell cheaply my old Olympia AST 2XL Jacket and size 40 Olympia Ranger pants. No longer fit me by a long shot, I've gotten a ton of use out of them, and feel like giving back if someone could use them.

I will get some photos of the stuff up in a bit. Pants probably have more wear than the jacket, but are still great. Biggest thing is just spending time pulling fuzz out of the leg velcro :v:. The jacket is flawless with a few smudges from about 10k of bug splatters. Both have been regularly washed after long trips and conditioned. If you want to ride in cold or rainy weather these are battle tested.

email is dietcokefiend gmail, PM me, or just reply in this thread.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
^^^ I'd love to give that jacket and pants a whirl while they still fit me. I'll PM you as well.

I've got a FirstGear MeshTex jacket in 2XL (maybe a Tall? I'll check when I get home.) to get rid of. I've worn it while riding once and I just cannot stand the color. It is the electric blue color (seen here) and it is $25 + shipping.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 6, 2011

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I just got my hands on a 2007 Triumph America with ~30 miles on it. I basically bought it to flip it and will give someone on here a decent enough deal. I'm located in Wenatchee WA. The bike does need a little TLC, but the less time I have to work on it the cheaper I'll sell it. Runs and rides great. Would actually make a good beginner bike in my opinion, pretty drat slow and easy to handle. $3500.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.
I'm selling a bunch of Under Armour compression T-shirts in size XL and M. Telling you guys about it because they're awesome for riding. Never done a track day, but I imagine they'd be especially great then.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm selling my 2007 Ninja 650R for $1,500. Bike has ~11k miles, new chain, front and rear sprocket, and new tires this season - reason it's being sold so low is it isn't running right now and has small cosmetic damage from minor lay downs and surface rust since I bought it brand new.

Bike will crank and sometimes it will start but it can't idle, I have to constantly rev it to keep it alive, if I rev it too hard it will go lean and die, seems like the fuel pump might be on it's way out. This bike worked up until 3 weeks ago when I didn't ride it for a week. I had this same issue in the beginning of the summer and I replaced the battery then just rode it for 40 miles at @ 5k consistantly even at lights and after that it ran great.

I just dumped the gas tank and replaced it with fresh gas to see if that would do it but no dice, now I'm too annoyed to drop it again and swap out the fuel pump.

If you're interested in the bike and want pictures PM me or email jbrayburn at gmail dot com

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

schreibs posted:

My bike is on the chopping block for more funds to purchase a place to live. :(

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/2575427020.html

edit: Not gonna bother bull making GBS threads with goons, $2200 and its yours.

$2100 for goons? I need this gone, car died and I had to get a new one...cash poor now.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

schreibs posted:

$2100 for goons? I need this gone, car died and I had to get a new one...cash poor now.

Is this still available? I have a friend shopping for a Ducati Monster for his first bike but I'm trying to steer him to an SV instead.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

lowcrabdiet posted:

Is this still available? I have a friend shopping for a Ducati Monster for his first bike but I'm trying to steer him to an SV instead.

Yep still looking for a new home.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I'm looking at getting rid of my 1993 CBR1000f. I'm in the 14701 zip code, because i'm not shipping poo poo anywhere! It's probably worth more to me than the general public, so i'm not desparate to get rid of it. So : I'm just tossing this out there for the hell of it

1993 CBR 1000F (black/grey/red)
49k and change miles
Vance & Hines Exhaust
$3000 : Not desperate to sell, but will let it go if there's cash in my hand.
condition : Pretty damned good for a 1993 (a few nicks and scratches here and there.. deal with it)
runs : Great!
goes : Fast! i've had it at around 135 in 4th gear... 2 more gears to go.
feels : Heavy. The bike's like 600lbs. Not a lightweight.
sounds : like the meanest loving 4 cylinder bike i've ever heard.
rides : smooth. The wife and i have taken a few 4-5 hour trips with the thing, and have very little to complain about.
kept : garaged for all but a month or two of my ownership of it. It endured a few rains.
maintenance : I don't keep records, but I haven't ridden it much and change the oil every season. Most i've gone between changes is 1200 miles. I put brand new tires on it this year, and they have 800 miles on them. Chain is a season and a half old, hasn't even stretched at all. Lubricated every few weeks.

Full Disclosure Cons : Some rear end in a top hat backed into it parked on the street a year ago... knocked it over and broke the right mirror off. The Mirror was replaced with a brand new one, but I later noticed that there are these built in frame slider deals with plastic covers on them. Said plastic cover is missing. I've looked briefly online and saw it was around 55 bucks + shipping to replace.

The bike has betrayed me once. One time ever has it stranded me, and it was an electrical issue. I had the ignition switch replaced and it's run like a champ ever since.

That all being said, this is NOT A BEGINNER'S BIKE. This was my 2nd motorcycle, and having riden it for 4 years, I still love it. I could just kind of use some cash right now (and an excuse to upgrade in the next year or two).

Test rides available with valid M License and cash in hand with an understanding that if you dropped it then you bought it. (Disclaimer stolen from Schreibs. Thanks!)

http://imgur.com/0Xu0w

http://imgur.com/qNypS

http://i.imgur.com/OwPCj.jpg
(shown in this pic is the missing bit of body i mentioned)

bonus youtube video of it running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eAMv_DQnPc

questions/comments/insults/concerns? email thegwill at gmail or PM here.

Edit: Photos/Video.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 16, 2011

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
somebody sell me a tank bag or a tailbag for el cheap.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Nerdrock posted:

I'm looking at getting rid of my 1993 CBR1000f. I'm in the 14701 zip code, because i'm not shipping poo poo anywhere! It's probably worth more to me than the general public, so i'm not desparate to get rid of it. So : I'm just tossing this out there for the hell of it

1993 CBR 1000F (black/grey/red)
49k and change miles
Vance & Hines Exhaust
$3000 : Not desperate to sell, but will let it go if there's cash in my hand.
condition : Pretty damned good for a 1993 (a few nicks and scratches here and there.. deal with it)
runs : Great!
goes : Fast! i've had it at around 135 in 4th gear... 2 more gears to go.
feels : Heavy. The bike's like 600lbs. Not a lightweight.
sounds : like the meanest loving 4 cylinder bike i've ever heard.
rides : smooth. The wife and i have taken a few 4-5 hour trips with the thing, and have very little to complain about.
kept : garaged for all but a month or two of my ownership of it. It endured a few rains.
maintenance : I don't keep records, but I haven't ridden it much and change the oil every season. Most i've gone between changes is 1200 miles. I put brand new tires on it this year, and they have 800 miles on them. Chain is a season and a half old, hasn't even stretched at all. Lubricated every few weeks.

Full Disclosure Cons : Some rear end in a top hat backed into it parked on the street a year ago... knocked it over and broke the right mirror off. The Mirror was replaced with a brand new one, but I later noticed that there are these built in frame slider deals with plastic covers on them. Said plastic cover is missing. I've looked briefly online and saw it was around 55 bucks + shipping to replace.

The bike has betrayed me once. One time ever has it stranded me, and it was an electrical issue. I had the ignition switch replaced and it's run like a champ ever since.

That all being said, this is NOT A BEGINNER'S BIKE. This was my 2nd motorcycle, and having riden it for 4 years, I still love it. I could just kind of use some cash right now (and an excuse to upgrade in the next year or two).

Test rides available with valid M License and cash in hand with an understanding that if you dropped it then you bought it. (Disclaimer stolen from Schreibs. Thanks!)

I'm at work right now, so I can't post any pics. If there's any interest at all, I'll get you all the pics you like, and maybe even throw a youtube video up of it running.

questions/comments/insults/concerns? email thegwill at gmail or PM here.

Not to be a jerk, but I think you may want to consider asking less for the bike. It's a '93 with 50 thousand miles and for the price your asking someone could go get a really nice SV or even a low '00's sport bike for that much.

No problem asking more than you want for a bike to allow haggle room but I think you may have better luck if you come down a bit from the get-go.

Either way, best of luck! Hopefully you have a quick sell!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

invision posted:

somebody sell me a tank bag or a tailbag for el cheap.

I've got a Joe Rocket Hammerhead magnetic tank bag I bought a couple years back. It's yours for $shipping.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Safety Dance posted:

I've got a Joe Rocket Hammerhead magnetic tank bag I bought a couple years back. It's yours for $shipping.

Done. Sent you a PM

invision fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 16, 2011

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

JP Money posted:

Not to be a jerk, but I think you may want to consider asking less for the bike. It's a '93 with 50 thousand miles and for the price your asking someone could go get a really nice SV or even a low '00's sport bike for that much.

No problem asking more than you want for a bike to allow haggle room but I think you may have better luck if you come down a bit from the get-go.

Either way, best of luck! Hopefully you have a quick sell!

I'm well aware, hence stating that it's probably worth more to me than others, and that i'm not "desperate" to sell... just throwing it out there.

I do have wiggle room, despite it not being mentioned. I'd probably let it go for a bit less, but not like, $2k. After deep thought i'd maybe let it go for $2500, but it's worth that to me.

I do know what's available for a comparable price though, and I do appreciate what you're trying to say.

Comparing the bike to an SV is a good thing to do (i'd love an SV for the collection some day), but with this bike you're getting a heavier and smoother ride with a higher topend. (i've ridden a couple buddies' SVs , including a 2001 650 and a 2003 1000, and the comparison is fair). It's a shave more tour-ey than those bikes.

Comparing the bike to a newer (lower 2000s) sportbike is also valid : but keep the insurance differential in mind. I pay $160 a year (as a 27 year old male) for the CBR , and although I could be and usually am wrong, but newer sportbikes to my knowledge are quite a bit heftier on the wallet to keep on the road.

I'd call it a niche bike. It's perfect for me, that's why I don't want to let it go for cheap. I and the wife could never go for a nice ride on an SV or an earlier 2000s supersport. We're not morbildy obese, but we're not small either. I can go solo and drag some knees if i like, and at the same time take a comfortable ride with the missus'.

So : in the end, like i said, i'm just putting it out there. There's a much bigger part of me that wants to keep it than see it go, so that's probably why i'm reluctant to let it go for cheap. ;)

edit: No part of your post was taken at all as jerk-ish. your concerns are extremely valid. cheers.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 16, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Pics of the CBR1000?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

the walkin dude posted:

Pics of the CBR1000?

http://imgur.com/0Xu0w

http://imgur.com/qNypS

http://i.imgur.com/OwPCj.jpg
(shown in this pic is the missing bit of body i mentioned)

bonus youtube video of it running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eAMv_DQnPc

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
edit - I'm keeping it until January so I can ride with my brother when he comes visit.

GanjamonII fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 18, 2011

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Is anyone (in Chicago areaish) interested in an '83 Honda CB550SC (550 Nighthawk)?
Its got about 16k on the clock but issues.

The carbs are clean, the battery is pretty darn new, and it starts fine. Comes with some cheap saddlebags too. Problems are that there is a tiny leak somewhere that causes it run a little rough until it is warmed up. Bigger problem (that I have not yet even looked into) is that the clutch went right after I got it running again. I don't honestly know if it needs to be fully replaced or what. I bought a bottle of brake fluid but have had an insane summer and didn't look into it.

If someone is interested, I can run out to the burbs and get pics/video/whatever you need.

I really just want it gone (partly since my parents will only let me keep one bike in their shed this winter and Id rather it was my Bonneville haha), and obviously will be selling it cheap (make me an offer) since it has (major) issues like not shifting.

PM me if you're interested.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 20, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Selling the 78; XS1100. Not looking to part it out at all, everything I've done to it is listed below. Located in Los Angeles.

1k flat for goons, it's a nice bike :(

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2610137850.html

Craigslist posted:

The good:
It has both side covers and all emblems
There's not a single dent or scratch anywhere on it, it's never been down.
Garage kept since 82!
It was stored DRY since 82'
It's registered non-op until 2012
It turns over fine
Has a new battery
Has all new fuel hoses
Has new pilot screws
Carbs were cleaned about 2 months ago
Factory owner's manual is with it
Stock handlebars, sissy bar and backrest come with it.
Seat has no tears
It ran before I cleaned the carbs, albeit for about 6 seconds before it started dumping fuel into the airbox due to stuck floats and clogged jets.

The bad:
No title, have Bill of Sale from ORIGINAL OWNER
I called DMV to see how much it would be to get it streetable again, $181
It leaks fuel from the petcocks, but I have the petcock rebuild kit just haven't done it yet

All in all it's a super clean bike and I just need to get rid of it. As much as I'd like to fix it up and ride it for a while, I don't really see myself doing that at this point. Please no lowball offers because I know that I could simply fix the petcocks, get it registered and make $2000 off of it easily. Just consider teh $600 discount for labor of petcock rebuilding and the $181 it will take to bring it out of non-op and registered ready for the street. If you know bikes, this is an easy project.

Full Size Pictures:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6121/5981472539_45d0373cf8_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6148/5981472625_7ded965034_b.jpg

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

WTB: First gen SV650 rear wheel. Would be great if it had rotor, cush drive and sprocket.

WTB: GSXR front wheel to fit '07 750. Rotors would be nice

WTS: Front end (triples, forks, calipers, etc) from 2002 SV650 naked.

I'll post pics if there is interest otherwise PM me

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
I've got a FirstGear MeshTex jacket in 2XL Tall to get rid of. I've worn it while riding once and I just cannot stand the color. It is the electric blue color ([url=http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do;jsessionid=510B0909C7C027A1E46F43563D1E3498?webCatId=61&webTypeId=235&navTitle=Apparel-StreetGear&navType=closeout&prodFamilyId=26587&stockId=218753&ref=sho]seen here[/url) and I would like to get $25 + shipping.

Also, I've got a $75 gift card to BikeBandit. I'd like to get $70 for the code.

PM or email stupid doo doo head at gmail.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

Fangs404 posted:

I discussed my bent wheel here (you can see some pictures there). I don't live near a place that could fix it, so it wound up being cheaper for me to just buy a used wheel on eBay than to pay shipping to/from a place that could fix it. The new wheel came in, and it had a used Metzeler MEZ4 120/60 ZR17 (with some tread left on it) mounted. I took it to the shop and had them swap tires, so what you'd receive is my bent wheel with the MEZ4 mounted on it. Here are some pictures (click them for bigger versions):

I'd like to get $100 shipped (via PayPal), but I'm definitely willing to entertain offers! PM me or email me a gcfairch@gmail.com.

Still have this bad boy if anyone's interested.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I don't know if it's kosher to ask for parts here, but eBay and the GSTwin forums aren't helping me much. I'm looking for a gas tank and possibly a front fairing for a 2006 GS500F, this color scheme:

I'm sure a couple preceding or succeeding years have the same paint jobs, but I can't get a for-sure answer from Googling.

edit: Found it, years '05 and '06 have the same paint jobs. Thanks for the tip VVV

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

AncientTV posted:

I don't know if it's kosher to ask for parts here, but eBay and the GSTwin forums aren't helping me much. I'm looking for a gas tank and possibly a front fairing for a 2006 GS500F, this color scheme:

I'm sure a couple preceding or succeeding years have the same paint jobs, but I can't get a for-sure answer from Googling.

Check bikebandits part lookup and they have the color coded part numbers , which you can use to look up years with.