Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So does everything added in GRA just bought from Vendors or can you find poo poo out in the wastes or on people as well?

You can make some of it but otherwise yeah it's all vendor only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money
Right, does anyone know for sure yet who you're meant to have rep with to get the Yes Man path/duster in LR?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Dush posted:

Right, does anyone know for sure yet who you're meant to have rep with to get the Yes Man path/duster in LR?

I think it's based on who you have progressed the farthest with, quest-wise, the moment you enter Lonesome Road.

I was on House's side when I first entered LR, but ended up leaving, and killing him, everyone important in the NCR, and Caesar. It still gave me mostly NCR dialogue throughout, and at the end I got the Mr. House duster.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I think it's based on who you have progressed the farthest with, quest-wise, the moment you enter Lonesome Road.

I was on House's side when I first entered LR, but ended up leaving, and killing him, everyone important in the NCR, and Caesar. It still gave me mostly NCR dialogue throughout, and at the end I got the Mr. House duster.

Well, gently caress, I went in to grab the Riot Gear before I'd done any quests for anybody :suicide:

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money
GRA is up on steam now :woop:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dush posted:

Well, gently caress, I went in to grab the Riot Gear before I'd done any quests for anybody :suicide:

It counts your faction rep when you talk to Ulysses in the temple, not when you enter the DLC.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Knuc If U Buck posted:

It counts your faction rep when you talk to Ulysses in the temple, not when you enter the DLC.

It definitely counts your faction rep when he talks to you through ED-E, though. Like the first time he spoke to me on my first LR run he was going off about the NCR.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

Dush posted:

GRA is up on steam now :woop:

It is? I found the page but there's no buy option.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dush posted:

It definitely counts your faction rep when he talks to you through ED-E, though. Like the first time he spoke to me on my first LR run he was going off about the NCR.
Yeah, but for the purposes of getting the duster it counts your rep when at the time you speak to him in the temple. That way you can use faction armour to cheese your way into getting the duster you want.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

CommanderCoffee posted:

It is? I found the page but there's no buy option.

it is, try going to the new vegas page and checking the downloadable content.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

GRA is out? gently caress me, another DLC and I'm broke as poo poo.

I noticed a thing in game, wondering if it's a bug. I can point a gun at a dude's face, and he'll have a normal conversation with me. But if I holster the gun, people will act like I'm just firing wildly or something. Any way to fix that?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If you already have a preorder bonus you can't buy Courier's Stash :(

A Bakery Crime
Sep 2, 2006
D-O-W-N, and that's the way we get down!

Omnicarus posted:

If you already have a preorder bonus you can't buy Courier's Stash :(

That's got to be an error, have you tried putting in a support ticket?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

I just saved the president and as his vertibird left I killed all the NCR present. They were cowering, I shot them in the back with A Light Shining in the Darkness one by one. What have I become, I just wanted to make a little money in the beginning. How did it come to this!?

I was just thinking about that quest and how awesome it is. I mean, it's a really loving thorough assassination attempt from the Legion. You're told to look for suspicious things. You find blood in the locker room and an NCR person asking about her missing engineer friend. So you're looking for an engineer. Depending on how thorough you are you find him on the landing pad planting a bomb on the Veritibird. Holy gently caress disarm that poo poo! So the president is now on the podium and holy gently caress the engineer just walked out from the dam and is walking towards said podium. If you weren't paying attention at this point you don't even know about the bomb so you're still waiting for him to make a move. So in your what-the-gently caress-do-i-do freaking out you may fail to notice the outlook on the tower directly behind the podium just got loving killed and thrown over the edge by a sniper assassin. So you now have: a bomb, an assassin in the crowd, and a sniper.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I was just thinking about that quest and how awesome it is. I mean, it's a really loving thorough assassination attempt from the Legion. You're told to look for suspicious things. You find blood in the locker room and an NCR person asking about her missing engineer friend. So you're looking for an engineer. Depending on how thorough you are you find him on the landing pad planting a bomb on the Veritibird. Holy gently caress disarm that poo poo! So the president is now on the podium and holy gently caress the engineer just walked out from the dam and is walking towards said podium. If you weren't paying attention at this point you don't even know about the bomb so you're still waiting for him to make a move. So in your what-the-gently caress-do-i-do freaking out you may fail to notice the outlook on the tower directly behind the podium just got loving killed and thrown over the edge by a sniper assassin. So you now have: a bomb, an assassin in the crowd, and a sniper.

They should have just bought Esther from the Gun Runners and launched a load of tiny tots over the entire dam really.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 27, 2011

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Prior to the :siren: ROBUST NETWORK OF INFORMANTS :siren: how long can I play both NCR and Legion against each other without making one side hostile?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ultimate irony: The Mysterious Stranger turning up to take out The Lonesome Drifter

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Really wish we had time to hard code that so the Mysterious Stranger would kill you.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

A Bakery Crime posted:

That's got to be an error, have you tried putting in a support ticket?

It is an error of some sort. I had the Mercenary Pack, and I was able to buy the DLC no problem.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

rope kid posted:

Really wish we had time to hard code that so the Mysterious Stranger would kill you.

That would be a pretty great easter egg. Now I want someone to make a mod that does this :(

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

thebardyspoon posted:

They should have just bought Esther from the Gun Runners and launched a load of tiny tots over the entire dam really.

Holy poo poo, the sound of the Tiny Tots owns. Sounds like a bomber's overhead.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Ddraig posted:

That would be a pretty great easter egg. Now I want someone to make a mod that does this :(

Wait, isn't the Mysterious Stranger that perk where the dude shows up in VATS some times to help you? Why would he shoot you?

For some reason, having my gun out, the npcs don't care. Holstering it, they run away and scream 'watch out!' I guess they like my guns? I'm pretty sure it should be working the opposite way.

Not being able to afford 3.99 dlc makes me sad :(

edit: vvv oooooh! I did not know that.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 27, 2011

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Wait, isn't the Mysterious Stranger that perk where the dude shows up in VATS some times to help you? Why would he shoot you?

I guess it is because that fellow with the guitar is his kid?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

rope kid posted:

You're just saying that because the Lonesome Drifter is the one character you VAed :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rope kid posted:

Make Muggy & Toaster actual companions you can take with you. The possibilities of mug/toaster wrecking are endless :allears:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Muggy as a companion would be fantastic. No idea how Toaster would work, though. Maybe you could carry him in your inventory and he'd make smart rear end remarks and offer motivational support?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Wolfsheim posted:

You're just saying that because the Lonesome Drifter is the one character you VAed :colbert:
I didn't do his speaking voice, just the songs.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ddraig posted:

Muggy as a companion would be fantastic. No idea how Toaster would work, though. Maybe you could carry him in your inventory and he'd make smart rear end remarks and offer motivational support?

Use him as a melee weapon/crude flame thrower that can be upgraded by Raoul?

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
There are songs in this game?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

There are songs in this game?

Yes, two of them. Johnny Guitar and Big Iron. Enjoy!

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
GRA has a Katana in it.

:japan:

Edit:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Yes, two of them. Johnny Guitar and Big Iron. Enjoy!
I unironically like Big Iron. :v:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The best song is obviously Goin' Under

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Speaking of the Mysterious Stranger has anyone ran into a bug that causes his signature theme to be really quiet when he shows up? I looked into the mods I have with FNVEdit and nothing came up.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Mikael Kreoss posted:

GRA has a Katana in it.

Edit:

I unironically like Big Iron. :v:

I do too! But hearing it over and over again can be a bit much. :v:

Also, that's in GRA? I need this dlc. How else am I going to make my fat otaku character? :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mikael Kreoss posted:

GRA has a Katana in it.

The Katana actually has some pretty cool mods for it. Also I love the Unique Ballistic fist. Hand cannon in truth.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mikael Kreoss posted:

GRA has a Katana in it.

Looks like my Six String Samurai character is back in the game.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

You take a sip from your trusty Vault 13 canteen.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Had to guy GRA for the Nuka Grenades. Bitey Jim currently has 70+ Satchel Charges and a few dozen Plasma Mines in his bag but a Nuka Grenade makes the best detonator.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

BlackIronHeart posted:

Had to guy GRA for the Nuka Grenades. Bitey Jim currently has 70+ Satchel Charges and a few dozen Plasma Mines in his bag but a Nuka Grenade makes the best detonator.

Don't know what those are, but I want all the Nuka Grenades. I think I also saw a picture of what looked to be a club/axe made from a nuka-cola sign?

Someone find that and tell me how it is. I want to prolong this agony.

edit: vv aha, thats awesome. Although if you go melee, why not use both! :v: Could switch between them. At least, I would. :allears:

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Bash Ironfist posted:

Don't know what those are, but I want all the Nuka Grenades. I think I also saw a picture of what looked to be a club/axe made from a nuka-cola sign?

Someone find that and tell me how it is. I want to prolong this agony.

It's a unique Rebar Club. It's pretty cool. But the coolest weapon so far is the unique Ballistic Fist. It shoots a sticky mine dart on hit that explodes about a second later.