Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

If they had been in a more combat focused game, the boss fights would have been great. They are actually fun to fight head on and are interesting. However I think that for a game that allows players to take all sorts of different things, having it so you can only kill each boss through direct combat is kind of dumb :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Arcaeris posted:

Only once did I feel like the DXHR AI was retarded. It was in TYM and there's a guy at the end of a long, empty hallway. His cone of vision only goes like a third of the way down the hall.

But what loving guy is not going to see a crouched cyborg ubermensch even if the hall was like 100 yards long?

That's another reason the stealth tree is detrimental, it lets you know how stuipd the AI is. With out it you just assume the AI can see you from more then twenty feet away and hear you from more then three feet.

It's a mistake to include something that purposefully reveals the limits in your AI.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And, as the opposite to that statement, the DRB guys that stand outside the Derelict Row territory can see you and shout at you to leave before they get mad not only when you're out of their sight for minutes at a time, but even when you're loving invisible.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Any way to delete saves? I've reached my limit of 100 :smith:

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007
Assuming you are on PC (consoles only have 20 saves right?), just highlight (mouseover or up/down arrow) a save in the load or save screen and click the little X on the right side that appears.

Alternately, just tap up twice when you go to save to go to your oldest save and save over that one.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
So, I've just got to my apartment - can I safely store stuff there?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Missing Fridges. Eidos Montreal owns. Definitely getting it day 1 now.

Kragger99 posted:

So, I've just got to my apartment - can I safely store stuff there?

You only come back to Detroit once more though, but yes, you can.

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Any way to delete saves? I've reached my limit of 100 :smith:

Bring up the save menu, scroll down to the save you want to delete, and click the gray X at the far right of the save.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Arkest posted:

Assuming you are on PC (consoles only have 20 saves right?), just highlight (mouseover or up/down arrow) a save in the load or save screen and click the little X on the right side that appears.

Alternately, just tap up twice when you go to save to go to your oldest save and save over that one.

Doh, cant believe that I missed that x right there.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Why do PC games have save limits, anyway? :geno: Even if 100 is generally plenty.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Asimo posted:

Why do PC games have save limits, anyway? :geno: Even if 100 is generally plenty.

DeusExSaveGames *listOfSaves[100]; // 100 is generally plenty, right?

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

Asimo posted:

It used to be 10, until they patched it right after release. It's probably because they don't want to put an infinite amount of data on Steam Cloud. I know I used up all those slots pretty quick before I found out about the quicksave button.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
My brother and I got through the game one time each (him first), and I only discovered that there was indeed a Quickload button at the very end of my run. Who maps it to F8 and not F9?

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

MasterSlowPoke posted:

My brother and I got through the game one time each (him first), and I only discovered that there was indeed a Quickload button at the very end of my run. Who maps it to F8 and not F9?

Me :I

Makes me less likely to accidentally quicksave again in any game instead of load, for reasons that are stupid even to me when I type them up

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

LadyAnime posted:

Has it been said to be possible to complete all the quests without hacking? I'm starting a run through that involves no alarms but killing everyone and I'd like to make it so I hunt passcodes for objectives instead of hacking (which I did the first time)

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to beat all the quests without hacking Malik's quest comes into mind. You can, however, beat the main quest without putting any points into hacking I'm almost certain.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

There are plot critical computers that must be hacked, but they're always lvl1 and set up so they're basically impossible to fail even if you never upgrade hacking.

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4

myname_isdoug posted:

Me :I

Makes me less likely to accidentally quicksave again in any game instead of load, for reasons that are stupid even to me when I type them up

I had more trouble cloaking, sneaking past some guards and fumbling for F1 again, then accidentlly hitting Typhoon.

Yeah, real smooth.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Arkest posted:

Gotta be on PC, console limits to 20.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
When does the DLC drop?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gazmachine posted:

I had more trouble cloaking, sneaking past some guards and fumbling for F1 again, then accidentlly hitting Typhoon.

Yeah, real smooth.

I did this at least once. The good news is accidentally setting off the typhoon tends to preemptively eliminate anything you're bothering to cloak past anyway.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!
Have people figured out a way to extract the music from the game? Or is there an obvious way? I really want to listen to all of the awesome tracks that aren't on the current soundtrack and I'm impatient to wait for the new one to come out (which I'll get anyways).

EDIT: Not asking for a :filez: download link. I'm talking about extracting from my own copy of the game. Wanna listen to this poo poo at work.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Eugh, i just cant kill Yolanda. I seem to have missed all the augments that make this fight bearable, really pissing me off right now.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Roblo posted:

Eugh, i just cant kill Yolanda. I seem to have missed all the augments that make this fight bearable, really pissing me off right now.
No typhoon or see though walls? Cos if not then its going to be hard.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!

Roblo posted:

Do you happen to have any mines? I would toss one to either side of me (far enough away) and just stand there waiting for her to run over it. A concussion or EMP mine I think would let me get some good shots in. Just have to be careful not to run over your own mines.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Graviton v2 posted:

No typhoon or see though walls? Cos if not then its going to be hard.

Thank gently caress, it glitched out and she got stuck on a wall. The only way i was having any luck was stun gunning her, then getting some shots in with the assault rifle.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Roblo posted:

Thank gently caress, it glitched out and she got stuck on a wall. The only way i was having any luck was stun gunning her, then getting some shots in with the assault rifle.

Just before you go down the lift from the top section to the bottom section of that map there's some concussion mines among the supplies in the room you have to defend, just chuck one of them down near you and wait for her to be stunned, shoot her in face a lot, repeat.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

You can now purchase the preorder DLC in the Steam store,

Explosive Mission Pack - $2.99
Tactical Enhancement Pack - $1.99
Tactical Enhancement + Explosive Mission Bundle - $3.99 (A $0.99 savings! :v:)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
NEW CONTENT FOR DEUS E-...oh.

:negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gibbed posted:

I'll pass. From what i've heard from those who pre-ordered, most players were never even able to find where this extra content was located. :v:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

It's hard to miss it as it gives you the initial weapons in the first (warehouse) mission, the rest of it is found later.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Well, at least the price isn't that bad. :)

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
Has there been any official word on the plans for DLC apart from the pre-release stuff and 'Missing Link'?

Or is it just a wait and see type of deal?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

gibbed posted:

It's hard to miss it as it gives you the initial weapons in the first (warehouse) mission, the rest of it is found later.

Any way to get those weapons if you already have a game in progress?

VVVVV EDIT: DX:HR has a debug menu? How does one go about using it? Also, what about that bonus mission? Any hoops i have to jump through for that one?

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 28, 2011

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

iolo_the_bard posted:

Any way to get those weapons if you already have a game in progress?
Use the debug menu to add them.

For the DLC to activate properly you have to start a new game with them available.

Rocketeer Korolev
Dec 22, 2008

Jealous? No? Go frak yourself, Smoothskin...
Just got both DLC packs. How do I access the Tong mission? There's no option for it the new game, so I assume I get it when I'm in Hong Kong, eh?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ Second time in Hengsha.

I said come in! posted:

I'll pass. From what i've heard from those who pre-ordered, most players were never even able to find where this extra content was located. :v:
Untrue. The explosive pack gives you 4 remote charges as soon as you get into the chopper with Sarif for the first mission, and the Auto Unlocking Devices (which make a lot of stuff way easier) are located all over in-game, as well as in nearly every vendor's inventory.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MasterSlowPoke posted:

And more importantly, it doesn't seem to be remappable.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

Just got both DLC packs. How do I access the Tong mission? There's no option for it the new game, so I assume I get it when I'm in Hong Kong, eh?
The Tong missions plays out immediately after you infiltrate the Harvester HQ. Instead of going straight to the port, you have to do the DLC mission first.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I started a new playthrough with the explosive mission pack but I'm up to going to see tong the second time, just about to walk into his office and the game crashes, would murdering everyone else in the parking lot be causing to game to have a fit? happened three times in a row. Could it be a bad dlc install?

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

gibbed posted:

$3.99 for all of that? I'm impressed with Squeenix not trying to price gouge us so I think I may just pick up the bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Grey Fox V2 posted:

$3.99 for all of that? I'm impressed with Squeenix not trying to price gouge us so I think I may just pick up the bundle.

If you don't care about finding it naturally you can just use gibbed's debug menu to spawn the items without the DLC. Last time I tried they all worked without a hitch and I was able to complete the bonus Tong mission.

• Locked thread