Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

8w-gremlin posted:

er i can't seem to get the power paladin utility power Call Celestial Steed
on a cavalier or hybrid cavalier - can some one check with theirs and see if this needs to be fixed.

Look on the Class tab. It defaults to 'PACE OF THE VIRTUOUS CHARGER'. Just unselect that and choose the far superior option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Benjamin Black posted:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a way to modify the 'rules' of the character builder? I'm running a campaign for friends soon and I'd like everyone to get a feat per level rather than a feat per 2 levels.

You can make feats that grant feats.
Have a feat that grants you some feats. It grants you a feat at level 1 (to replace the one it costs) and a bonus feat at every odd level (including 1st, 11th and 21st).

Should be fairly obvious how to tweak it to your exact preferences. You could also make it a background or something, but it would be harder to refund it.

Modified, this is also useful for those "Get a free Expertise feat" situations while avoiding that nasty old "Houseruled" symbol.

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E"> 
	<RulesElement name="Bonus Feat" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_WHATEVER_FEAT_001" source="Custom" revision-date="XX/XX/XX XX:XX:XX" >
		<specific name="Short Description"> Gain some bonus feats</specific>
		<rules>

<select type="Feat" number="1"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="1"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="3"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="5"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="7"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="9"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="11"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="13"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="15"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="17"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="19"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="21"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="23"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="25"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="27"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="29"/>
		</rules>
	Gain some bonus feats.
	</RulesElement>
</D20Rules>
Might want to change the ID from "WHATEVER" or not I don't care.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I added all of the stuff from chp1 and the new base weapons, that weren't already in the builder, listed from chp2 Also all of the feats are in the builder from chp2

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

Klungar posted:

Look on the Class tab. It defaults to 'PACE OF THE VIRTUOUS CHARGER'. Just unselect that and choose the far superior option.

Cool got that now... How come a Hybrid Cavalier can't select it? It doesn't say anything in the hybrid cavalier rules that says anything either way.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bug/Typo: All the shiny new items base armour types have their source listed as PHB.

Edit: Also might be worth noting the proficiency requirements in the description since the nonproficiency doesn't show up.

Edit 2: Also, they all seem to be in Base instead of being in Items. Same for the feats?

Edit 3: I want to check out a Thing. Where can I find the character builder's unmodified XML file?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 1, 2011

Vhex
Mar 30, 2011

"Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."
Hey Tiv -- the Mordenkainen's stuff mostly says "Mordendainen's". Could use a find and replace for the K. Also, the Armor Proficiencies don't appear to be setup (not sure if you're done with that, looks like there's just placeholders). Thought I'd mention it in case that part had been missed.

Vhex fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 1, 2011

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
I just noticed that my druid's Primal Guardian class aspect seems to serve as a prereq for the Dark Sun theme Primal Guardian powers. Kind of silly for them to name them the same, but is there an easy way to fix it?

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Splicer posted:

Bug/Typo: All the shiny new items base armour types have their source listed as PHB.

Edit: Also might be worth noting the proficiency requirements in the description since the nonproficiency doesn't show up.

Edit 2: Also, they all seem to be in Base instead of being in Items. Same for the feats?

Edit 3: I want to check out a Thing. Where can I find the character builder's unmodified XML file?

Thanks I will look into that I just pulled MMAGH's file and listed it, but will go through it

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Vhex posted:

Hey Tiv -- the Mordenkainen's stuff mostly says "Mordendainen's". Could use a find and replace for the K. Also, the Armor Proficiencies don't appear to be setup (not sure if you're done with that, looks like there's just placeholders). Thought I'd mention it in case that part had been missed.

Thanks
I will correct them and also look into the armor

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

If you're implying they'll 'cheat' by houseruling other stuff, not really. You can click on "Status: Houseruled" under the portrait/name and it'll tell you what all has been houseruled at the bottom under "Character Status."

Oh! I wasn't aware of that. And I'm not worried about them cheating on purpose, just cheating on accident (or perhaps even cheating themselves on accident). Knowing this is useful though.

Splicer posted:

You can make feats that grant feats.
Have a feat that grants you some feats. It grants you a feat at level 1 (to replace the one it costs) and a bonus feat at every odd level (including 1st, 11th and 21st).

Should be fairly obvious how to tweak it to your exact preferences. You could also make it a background or something, but it would be harder to refund it.

Modified, this is also useful for those "Get a free Expertise feat" situations while avoiding that nasty old "Houseruled" symbol.

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E"> 
	<RulesElement name="Bonus Feat" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_WHATEVER_FEAT_001" source="Custom" revision-date="XX/XX/XX XX:XX:XX" >
		<specific name="Short Description"> Gain some bonus feats</specific>
		<rules>

<select type="Feat" number="1"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="1"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="3"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="5"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="7"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="9"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="11"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="13"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="15"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="17"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="19"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="21"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="23"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="25"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="27"/>
			<select type="Feat" number="1" Level="29"/>
		</rules>
	Gain some bonus feats.
	</RulesElement>
</D20Rules>
Might want to change the ID from "WHATEVER" or not I don't care.

That looks really clean and useful. I might just use that, thanks. :)

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
Hey guys,

I found a couple of typos and a minor issue.

For the typos: The various Hexblade encounter powers have a typo in them: "modifire" instead of "modifier" for the 4[W] line of the power. As such, the builder doesn't display it properly.

EDIT: Only one power wasn't displaying properly: Wield the Warp. That was because it was missing the word "at" before "23rd level". /EDIT

Here is the fix:

code:
  <RulesElement name="Piercing Shard" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13671" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_10,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Prereqs>Unselectable</Prereqs>
    <Flavor>As you pierce your enemy's defenses, its perceptions of reality become twisted, cloaking you from its sight.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Type">Attack</specific>
    <specific name="Power Usage">Encounter</specific>
    <specific name="Display">Warlock Attack</specific>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Cold, Illusion, Implement, Psychic, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type">Melee weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Blade of Winter's Mourning.</specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"></specific>
    <specific name="Target">One creature</specific>
    <specific name="Attack">Charisma vs. Will</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier cold and psychic damage.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier cold and psychic damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier cold and psychic damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect">You are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.</specific>
    <specific name="Special"></specific>
    <specific name="Class">ID_FMP_CLASS_7</specific>
    <specific name="_BasicAttack"></specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Blazing Doom of the Void" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13681" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_3,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>You infuse your blade with hellish fire and pain. Infernal magic tugs at your enemy's soul, making your attacks against the foe more damaging.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Fire, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Blade of Annihilation.</specific>
    <specific name="Attack">Charisma vs. Fortitude</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect">You gain a +5 power bonus to your next damage roll against the target before the end of your next turn.</specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Wield the Warp" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13723" source="Dragon Magazine 393" revision-date="12/2/2010">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_2,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_19,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>As you stab into open air, time and space warp to place your startled foe on the tip of your sword.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Radiant, Teleportation, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Starshadow Blade.</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier psychic and radiant damage and you teleport the target to another square adjacent to you.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier psychic and radiant damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier psychic and radiant damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect"></specific>
    <specific name="_ParentFeature"></specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Well of Light" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13747" source="Dragon Magazine 393">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_68,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_22,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>By spinning your blade in a complex pattern, you call forth the Lady's favor in a brilliant white light.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Aura, Implement, Radiant, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Sword of the White Well.</specific>
    <specific name="Attack">Charisma vs. AC</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect">You activate an aura 1 that lasts until the end of your next turn. While in the aura, your enemies have vulnerable 3 radiant to your attacks.</specific>
  </RulesElement>
For the minor issue: It involves the Armor Specialization (Chainmail) feat. If you take Eladrin Armor and Armor Specialization (Chainmail), suddenly you have a +1 armor check penalty.

Here is the fix:

code:
   <RulesElement name="Armor Specialization (Chainmail)" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_180" source="Player&apos;s Handbook" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:17:53 PM" >
      <Prereqs> 11th level, Dex 15, training with chainmail; Paragon Tier </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> 11th level, Dex 15, training with chainmail </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Tier"> Paragon </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> +1 to AC with chainmail, reduce check penalty by 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="type" />
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />
      <rules>
         <statadd name="AC" value="+1" type="Feat" wearing="armor:chain" />
         <statadd name="Armor Penalty" value="0" wearing="armor:chain" />
      </rules>
You gain a +1 feat bonus to AC while wearing chainmail. You reduce the check penalty incurred by chainmail by 1.
   </RulesElement>

Entilzha4 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 1, 2011

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Bug report: As an Executioner, taking the Shadow Master feat does not grant you an O-Assassin daily. No matter what I do, the Shadow Master power selection option shows the message "no legal options available". This isn't really important of itself as O-Assassin powers are poo poo all around, but creative use of Rogue multiclassing could net me Knockout at level 9... Perhaps this has already been addressed, but I'm on a school computer without SALR installed so forgive me if I don't want to dig through 80+ pages.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Ok the fixes have implemented on mord mag emp

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Entilzha4 posted:

Hey guys,

I found a couple of typos and a minor issue.

For the typos: The various Hexblade encounter powers have a typo in them: "modifire" instead of "modifier" for the 4[W] line of the power. As such, the builder doesn't display it properly.

EDIT: Only one power wasn't displaying properly: Wield the Warp. That was because it was missing the word "at" before "23rd level". /EDIT

Here is the fix:

code:
  <RulesElement name="Piercing Shard" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13671" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_10,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>As you pierce your enemy's defenses, its perceptions of reality become twisted, cloaking you from its sight.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Cold, Illusion, Implement, Psychic, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Blade of Winter's Mourning.</specific>
    <specific name="Attack">Charisma vs. Will</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier cold and psychic damage.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier cold and psychic damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier cold and psychic damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect">You are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.</specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Blazing Doom of the Void" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13681" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_3,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>You infuse your blade with hellish fire and pain. Infernal magic tugs at your enemy's soul, making your attacks against the foe more damaging.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Fire, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Blade of Annihilation.</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect">You gain a +5 power bonus to your next damage roll against the target before the end of your next turn.</specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Wield the Warp" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13723" source="Dragon Magazine 393" revision-date="12/2/2010">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_2,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_19,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>As you stab into open air, time and space warp to place your startled foe on the tip of your sword.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Radiant, Teleportation, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Starshadow Blade.</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier psychic and radiant damage and you teleport the target to another square adjacent to you.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier psychic and radiant damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier psychic and radiant damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect"></specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Well of Light" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13747" source="Dragon Magazine 393">
    <Category>ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_68,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_22,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
    <Flavor>By spinning your blade in a complex pattern, you call forth the Lady's favor in a brilliant white light.</Flavor>
    <specific name="Keywords">Arcane, Aura, Implement, Radiant, Weapon</specific>
    <specific name="Requirement">You must use this power with your Sword of the White Well.</specific>
    <specific name="Attack">Charisma vs. AC</specific>
    <specific name="Hit">2[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage.
Increase damage to 3[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage at 13th level.
Increase damage to 4[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage at 23rd level.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect">You activate an aura 1 that lasts until the end of your next turn. While in the aura, your enemies have vulnerable 3 radiant to your attacks.</specific>
  </RulesElement>
For the minor issue: It involves the Armor Specialization (Chainmail) feat. If you take Eladrin Armor and Armor Specialization (Chainmail), suddenly you have a +1 armor check penalty.

Here is the fix:

code:
   <RulesElement name="Armor Specialization (Chainmail)" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_180" source="Player&apos;s Handbook" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:17:53 PM" >
      <Prereqs> 11th level, Dex 15, training with chainmail; Paragon Tier </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> 11th level, Dex 15, training with chainmail </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Tier"> Paragon </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> +1 to AC with chainmail, reduce check penalty by 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="type" />
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />
      <rules>
         <statadd name="AC" value="+1" type="Feat" wearing="armor:chain" />
         <statadd name="Armor Penalty" value="0" wearing="armor:chain" />
      </rules>
You gain a +1 feat bonus to AC while wearing chainmail. You reduce the check penalty incurred by chainmail by 1.
   </RulesElement>

Added all fixes

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Splicer posted:

Feats are in the feat file but require Power Strike to have access to them

Shiyuan
Feb 17, 2011
I got a bug report guys.

All of my characters with classes that have Athletics as a class skill no longer can train Athletics, and previously trained is showing up as houseruled. Only when I select a background trait that gives me Athletics as a class skill does it become available for training. Affecting new characters.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Shiyuan posted:

I got a bug report guys.

All of my characters with classes that have Athletics as a class skill no longer can train Athletics, and previously trained is showing up as houseruled. Only when I select a background trait that gives me Athletics as a class skill does it become available for training. Affecting new characters.

I cannot seem to duplicate this bug. Delete all of your .part files, and run the builder again to see if it fixes things. Maybe you have an incomplete download of a .part file.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Curiously I no longer seem to have the "Customize" option when right-clicking defenses on the character sheet viewer (which has posed something as a problem as I no longer have the Helm of Able Defense). Apparently it was done away with in one of the recent patches. Might there be a way of getting it back easily (and to have option for damage as well) as it was a very useful feature for applying conditional, yet persistent modifiers than the builder wouldn't otherwise pick up.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior

Ghostpilot posted:

Curiously I no longer seem to have the "Customize" option when right-clicking defenses on the character sheet viewer (which has posed something as a problem as I no longer have the Helm of Able Defense). Apparently it was done away with in one of the recent patches. Might there be a way of getting it back easily (and to have option for damage as well) as it was a very useful feature for applying conditional, yet persistent modifiers than the builder wouldn't otherwise pick up.
Just click in the box with the total for AC/Ref/whatever. It'll put a cursor there. You can backspace the value and put in what you want instead.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Find/Replace error: All the new armours say "To gain the use of and become proficient with Studded Leather..." instead of their actual armour name.

Foxworthy
Apr 5, 2011
Right now it seems like the new weapons from MME are showing up in red even though the martial weapons should show up in black for my Paladin, but all the new armors are showing up in black instead of red since the character doesn't have the feats for them. I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Foxworthy posted:

Right now it seems like the new weapons from MME are showing up in red even though the martial weapons should show up in black for my Paladin, but all the new armors are showing up in black instead of red since the character doesn't have the feats for them. I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem.
Armour shows up black if you are proficient with its base type (e.g. leather for studded leather, scale for splint mail etc.) and red if you aren't; the proficiency feats have no bearing on this, though the penalties to Reflex and attack rolls for wearing armour you are not proficient with should be calculated correctly. This is due to how the LCB works and probably can't be circumvented, but it's really just a cosmetic issue anyway.

As for the new weapons showing up red (which I can confirm), it's likely because they haven't been added to the ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_SIMPLE_MELEE and ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_MILITARY_MELEE elements yet.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Splicer posted:

Find/Replace error: All the new armours say "To gain the use of and become proficient with Studded Leather..." instead of their actual armour name.

I dont understand your comment it shows the name properly on the card, sheet, and cb

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tivaan posted:

I dont understand your comment it shows the name properly on the card, sheet, and cb
Description: Banded mail consists of a suit of chainmail reinforced with layers of metal plates arranged in strips along the suit's midsection. Banded mail offers the same level of protection as chainmail while proving lighter and more flexible. A warrior in banded mail moves as quickly as one in leather armor.
----> To gain the use of and become proficient with Studded Leather, the Armor Proficiency Banded Mail feat is required. <----- this bit

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Just curious to see if anyone has had a chance to look at the problem with Hybrid Ranger|Sentinels having an issue with the Companions tab. Currently, when I create the character, even as a hybrid Sentinel|Ranger (without the Ranger Beast Mastery stuff), the Companion tab gives me an extra box which holds all the same values as the box already in place. If I make a change in either box (name in the top box, for instance) it makes the same change in the bottom box.

I posted about this a while back but I don't remember seeing anyone comment on it.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 3, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Splicer posted:

Description: Banded mail consists of a suit of chainmail reinforced with layers of metal plates arranged in strips along the suit's midsection. Banded mail offers the same level of protection as chainmail while proving lighter and more flexible. A warrior in banded mail moves as quickly as one in leather armor.
----> To gain the use of and become proficient with Studded Leather, the Armor Proficiency Banded Mail feat is required. <----- this bit

Corrected

Thanks

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Undrhil posted:

Just curious to see if anyone has had a chance to look at the problem with Hybrid Ranger|Sentinels having an issue with the Companions tab. Currently, when I create the character, even as a hybrid Sentinel|Ranger (without the Ranger Beast Mastery stuff), the Companion tab gives me an extra box which holds all the same values as the box already in place. If I make a change in either box (name in the top box, for instance) it makes the same change in the bottom box.

I posted about this a while back but I don't remember seeing anyone comment on it.

What mods are u using, any homebrew? The reason I ask is because I found and corrected an error there.

DasHangman
Feb 27, 2011

I'm the captain of the gravy train!
So, I'm using the WotC.index file, just updated everything. I went to choose a theme for a character, and the only themes I'm getting are the Dark Sun ones and Escaped Slave. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

September Errata is out. Looks like Blackguards get their third daily back (at level 15), and Low Slash is safe from the nerfbat.

Also, goodbye racial utilities from dragon 402.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
I'm pretty sure it's just the 'Racial Utilities and Spellbooks' paragraph that's removed, not the entire article.

quote:

Spellbooks and Racial Utility Powers: The
wizard’s spellbook class feature allows you to add
two wizard utility powers to your spellbook when you
reach a level where you would normally gain a utility
power (2nd, 6th, 10th, and so on). If you choose to
take a racial utility power, you do not add any wizard
utility powers to your spellbook at that level. If you
later use retraining to take a wizard utility power
in place of a racial utility power, you do not add any
powers to your spellbook.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just the 'Racial Utilities and Spellbooks' paragraph that's removed, not the entire article.

That makes more sense.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Drewjitsu posted:

September Errata is out. Looks like Blackguards get their third daily back (at level 15)

Yay, WoTC isn't completely retarded at least! :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh holy poo poo, they actually incorporated that Dark Reaping change. :swoon:

Koranak
Aug 5, 2011
Something seems to be messed up with implement powers checking if you have a valid implement... I noticed while changing feats around for my polearm momentum wizard that he still had the same bonus to hit when I switched out all feats allowing the use of heavy blades as implements. He should have lost the enhancement bonus for not using an implement he was proficient with, but no, no change.

So, to test further, I made a new character- an eladrin wizard. I chose Class, Race, hit auto-choose on stats, selected the Arc Lightning at-will power, and went straight to shopping for gear. I bought a +2 magic gouge, and equipped it. The character then had a +2 enhancement bonus to hit and damage with Arc Lightning.

Am I crazy or is something here seriously wrong?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Koranak posted:

Something seems to be messed up with implement powers checking if you have a valid implement... I noticed while changing feats around for my polearm momentum wizard that he still had the same bonus to hit when I switched out all feats allowing the use of heavy blades as implements. He should have lost the enhancement bonus for not using an implement he was proficient with, but no, no change.

So, to test further, I made a new character- an eladrin wizard. I chose Class, Race, hit auto-choose on stats, selected the Arc Lightning at-will power, and went straight to shopping for gear. I bought a +2 magic gouge, and equipped it. The character then had a +2 enhancement bonus to hit and damage with Arc Lightning.

Am I crazy or is something here seriously wrong?

I think it's always been this way, the builder will assume that the thing held in your main hand is an implement for the purposes of calculating damage/hit/etc regardless if whether or not it's actually an approved implement.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MMAgCh posted:

Oh holy poo poo, they actually incorporated that Dark Reaping change. :swoon:
YESSS

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Drewjitsu posted:

I think it's always been this way, the builder will assume that the thing held in your main hand is an implement for the purposes of calculating damage/hit/etc regardless if whether or not it's actually an approved implement.
This wasn't always broken, much like the builder failing to interpret powers using the off-hand weapon correctly wasn't; I believe the glitch was introduced sometime prior to the LCB's last official update. It's annoying though, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing that can (currently?) be fixed through CBLoader either.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Tivaan posted:

What mods are u using, any homebrew? The reason I ask is because I found and corrected an error there.

I am using no mods or homebrews. I have CBLoader v1.3.0 and I am using the vanilla WOTC.index file. When did you make the fix and do you know if it got incorporated into the main distribution?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

SabreCat posted:

Just click in the box with the total for AC/Ref/whatever. It'll put a cursor there. You can backspace the value and put in what you want instead.

Mmm, this mostly works (for defenses that is) though it doesn't allow me to change the previous notes I made on what the defense modifier comes from. It could do for now, though, since it'll keep me from remaking the character from scratch. Thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

This wasn't always broken, much like the builder failing to interpret powers using the off-hand weapon correctly wasn't; I believe the glitch was introduced sometime prior to the LCB's last official update. It's annoying though, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing that can (currently?) be fixed through CBLoader either.

You're right. I remember the update that this happened, when they implemented the rule that you can use any implement you are proficient with with any power. From that point onward, the implement issue has been in there.

And there doesn't appear to be any way of fixing it short of getting the source code for the builder executable, which I doubt will happen any time soon.

• Locked thread