Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Erwin the German posted:

A. Administrative Monarchy.

B. National Bank.

Who's that down in Madagascar? And, it's looking like Canada is gonna end up Scandinavian yet again.

Espanya. Netherlands has St. Helena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I just took a look at world map, and oh wow, the New World is developing nicely.

Oh, and on a side note, we should try to expand first down to reunite the Arabian Peninsula and then westward to consume Turkey and play a more crucial role in major wars and all that. The fascination with Pretty Borders have taken me as well.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 6, 2011

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Government: A (Administrative Monarchy)
Idea: C (Engineer Corps)

And good god look at Korea go!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Also Sniper I'm not filling in your creepy survey so that you can sell my information to your reptilian friends so they can forward me spam emails.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

A and A None but Allah is the absolute ruler, none but Allah may judge whether one believes right or wrong.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Government: A
National Idea: A

Azerbaijan has a glorious past, but tolerance and inclusion are the way of its yet-more-glorious future!

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Administrative Kingdom - No brainer.
and
Engineer Corps - We'll need to negate the Offensive penalty sooner or later, three powerful states nearby that will eventually want a piece of us. It also helps represents that most quintessential quality of the Azeri people, if you can build impressive monuments and palaces in Tabriz you certainly know how to take it apart just as efficiently.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Government: C: Feudal Kingdom :colbert:
NI: C: Engineer Corps

Edit: Change vote to B and A respectively.

Edit 2: The winds of tactical voting dictate I should go with siege engineers, so once again changing NI vote to C.

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 6, 2011

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

A Administrative Monarchy
A Ecumenism

We will not fall behind in a tolerance gap!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

The Saurus posted:

Also Sniper I'm not filling in your creepy survey so that you can sell my information to your reptilian friends so they can forward me spam emails.

You are the worst and I'm not counting your vote. :colbert: Until Wiz yells at me to do so and then will

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

A no C no A no C... C: Feudal Kingdom, Azeri empire is best and the force limits would be nice... or if thats not an option A.

A: Tolerance is best.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

sniper4625 posted:

You are the worst and I'm not counting your vote. :colbert: Until Wiz yells at me to do so and then will

Your survey sucks because it doesn't allow for jokevotes and jokevotes are the best votes.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Government: A, I'd rather not go MAXIMUM LOUIS XIV

National Idea: B More inflation more problems

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010

A: Administrative Monarchy
B: National Bank

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Hey, you know what would be cool? If people, in addition to their normal posting in the thread, would also vote Here. It takes like 5 seconds and no registration required. It's a fun experiment, I promise!

Government
Option A: Administrative Monarchy: 39 (Sniper4625, Canuck-Errant, Pakled, John Charity Spring, Icecream Jones, KnoxZone, Zore, nimby, the JJ, uPen, skipThings, BrainMeats, Natty Ninefingers, Galaga Galaxian, Zikan, BlackJosh, Cernunnos, Sandono, Snipee, Koesj, Erwin the German, Vander, gemuse, lonelywurm, Epicurius, Servant, Patter Song, Mr. Pumroy, General Antares, theblastizard, Zeron, Shogeton, Viscardus, Smoky Bandana, ldragon, seal it with a kiss, The 47 Regans, Atomikkrab, Shadow gamer)
Option B: Despotic Monarchy: 1 (GrossMurpel)

Ideas
Option A: Ecumenism: 14 (John Charity Spring, Icecream Jones, the JJ, Zikan, Cernunnos, Sandono, Vander, gemuse, Servant, theblastizard, Shogeton, Viscardus, ldragon, Atomikkrab)
Option B: National Bank: 15 (Sniper4625, KnoxZone, Zore, uPen, BrainMeats, NattyNinefingers, Galaga Galaxian, Snipee, Erwin the German, lonelywurm, Epicurius, Mr. Pumroy, seal it with a kiss, The 47 Regans, GrossMurpel)
Option C: Engineer Corps: 11 (Canuck-Errant, Pakled, nimby, skipThings, BlackJosh, Koesj, Patter Song, General Antares, Zeron, Smoky Bandana, Shadow gamer)

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 6, 2011

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Government: B
Idea: B

EDIT: don't you guys like Imperialism? :(

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 6, 2011

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
^^^^^^^
Been there. Done that.

Idea: C

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

GrossMurpel posted:

Government: B

EDIT: don't you guys like Imperialism? :(

No! Onhe day we'll finish a Pardox LP as a shining democratic tolerant haven! Jerusalem failed, Germany failed, Crete... was... so... close, but this time it'll be different, this time we'll make it!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Sniper, you didn't count my NI vote. At least I don't think that a jokevote/abstain on government should negate the NI part of it. :v:

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Shogeton posted:

No! Onhe day we'll finish a Pardox LP as a shining democratic tolerant haven! Jerusalem failed, Germany failed, Crete... was... so... close, but this time it'll be different, this time we'll make it!

No, we won't, because we'll hamstring ourselves trying to get there way too early and we'll get our poo poo kicked in by our neighbors and the reactionaries.

Remember that the Reichstag voted extremely liberal for most of it's history, leading to horrors such as the Modernizer era and ultimately the reactionary coup.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Imperialism is a foreign policy, not a domestic policy. It's perfectly realistic for a constitutional monarchy to be an empire.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

BlackJosh posted:

No, we won't, because we'll hamstring ourselves trying to get there way too early and we'll get our poo poo kicked in by our neighbors and the reactionaries.

Remember that the Reichstag voted extremely liberal for most of it's history, leading to horrors such as the Modernizer era and ultimately the reactionary coup.

Let's not oversimplify here. There was the matter of voting for a ton of liberal reforms, then voting no to a constitution.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Wiz posted:

Let's not oversimplify here. There was the matter of voting for a ton of liberal reforms, then voting no to a constitution.

That was because the constitution took away the rights of the reichstag to appoint the ruling party, and why would we vote to take away the little bit of interactivity the LP had?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

That was because the constitution took away the rights of the reichstag to appoint the ruling party, and why would we vote to take away the little bit of interactivity the LP had?

So you tried to get all the benefits of liberal reforms but without giving up any executive power.

Nope, I don't see how that could possibly go badly.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

Imperialism is a foreign policy, not a domestic policy. It's perfectly realistic for a constitutional monarchy to be an empire.

He was referring to the Imperialism CB, not to imperialism in general.

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

A - Administrative Monarchy

B - National Bank

guiguiBob
Mar 28, 2010

We just had our soldiers go and stealthily study russian building techniques I'm sure we can improve on those

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Government: A: Administrative Monarchy
Idea: B: National Bank

This era of peace is the perfect time to focus on our finances, I say. Also drat, the Muslim Chinese state's on a roll! Can we see what its religious composition is or is it still in TI?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Wiz posted:

So you tried to get all the benefits of liberal reforms but without giving up any executive power.

Look, the people deserve a lot of freedoms and decent pay and healthcare and whatnot, but they are still peasant rabble that is incapable of making the right choices when it comes to politics. Democracy just doesn't work!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Patter Song posted:

He was referring to the Imperialism CB, not to imperialism in general.

Which has nothing to do with absolute monarchies in wizmod.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Government: A (How's that bandwagon?)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

A Admin Monarchy. Let us take some of the weight of ruling the country off our kings' overburdened shoulders

C Engineer corps. Inflation is less of a problem if everything we build costs 10% less! With our superior engineers inflation will go away on its own in time!

Also yay Russia!

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Hostile Rabbi gave linall the layout for posted:

B - Despotic Monarchy

B - National Bank

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

nimby posted:

Look, the people deserve a lot of freedoms and decent pay and healthcare and whatnot, but they are still peasant rabble that is incapable of making the right choices when it comes to politics. Democracy just doesn't work!

If you didn't want the people making the choices, maybe you shouldn't have promoted every possible option that increased plurality, given that plurality is a measure of how much of the population wants a say in government. :v:

Hohenzollern could have gone Bismarckian and stayed aristocratic and conservative while placating the people with social reforms, but you can't enact political reforms that aim at raising plurality and then expect people to be a-OK with absolutism.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Gubmint: A

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
B, Despotic Monarchy because the Sultan should be supreme over the bureaucrats!

A, Ecumenism because it is by his graceful benevolence that the people continue to live in freedom!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Wiz posted:

It worked out ok for Bismarck :smug:

rakovsky maybe posted:

A, Ecumenism because it is by his graceful benevolence that the people continue to live in freedom!

what does this even mean

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Wiz posted:

Which has nothing to do with absolute monarchies in wizmod.

I knew that of course!
I meant...Imperialism come V2! Yep that's it

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

A and C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp
I don't know if this was answered before, but is the real pope still around?

• Locked thread