Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Vanguard Warden posted:

Can anyone here actually confirm that the slimes in the depths have dropped green titanite for them? Because so far I've gotten a whole lot of nothing and a handful of large titanite shards.

Yeah they do. Large titanite shards are more common though. Try farming the leeches in the swamp instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Vanguard Warden posted:

Can anyone here actually confirm that the slimes in the depths have dropped green titanite for them? Because so far I've gotten a whole lot of nothing and a handful of large titanite shards.
They dropped it for me, so confirmed. It isn't a very likely drop though. Keeping a humanity or two around is a good idea to up the drop rate.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Is there anything special you have to do to get Lautrec to show up? I keep going back to the church where he should be and its just empty inside that cell. I've already rang both bells, but even before I rang the first he wasn't there.

Edit: Nevermind, read the wiki.

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 7, 2011

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Did you think there'd be a hint?:

The flip speed is always the same as far as I can tell.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Holy hell. gently caress Blight Town to hell.

You guys weren't kidding about this place. I'd take 5-2 back in a heart beat. :(

I did beat the Hydra, though that last head was a pain to get since it was close to the edge.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
I am in New Londo Ruins and I just got past the cathedral that the red mage is on that curse curse. I go to the metal gate by the broken chain lift and it's locked. Any idea where the key is?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

evilalien posted:

Yeah they do. Large titanite shards are more common though. Try farming the leeches in the swamp instead.

Fuuuuck that place. I'm not going down there until I have the miracle that cures poison. I just want a +1 divine weapon in the meantime.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Bridge dragon questions: I killed the Dark Knight up in the tower. Where do I have to approach from to get the dragon to appear so I can hit him with an arrow? He's always absent.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So where can I find the blight town bonfire? I am coming in there from the sewers.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Basic question, I have 3-4 hours of gameplay at most.

I haven't leveled so far, yet I've made it all the way up to the Taurus Demon in Undead Burg. I collected a lot of souls that I haven't used yet. How do I know how many I need for next level? Is there a way to compute it? I don't want to just eat all of my souls right now and then discover I still don't have enough and eventually lose them all..

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

So where can I find the blight town bonfire? I am coming in there from the sewers.

It's pretty far away, but you can't miss it because it's literally on a bridge you have to cross to continue onwards.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Those two rats under the bridge,how do you deal with their poison?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Those two rats under the bridge,how do you deal with their poison?

Not getting hit. (Seriously, there is no effective way of dealing with poison until much later.)

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

DreadCthulhu posted:

I collected a lot of souls that I haven't used yet. How do I know how many I need for next level? Is there a way to compute it? I don't want to just eat all of my souls right now and then discover I still don't have enough and eventually lose them all..

The game doesn't tell you how many souls you need to level. The strategy guide has a ridiculously long list up to the 700s if I remember correctly.

As for your consumable souls, I'd say just let them pile up until you see something expensive you want to buy.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Question about the Nito boss fight: Is there a way to kill his skeleton minions without a divine weapon? Am I really gonna have to go all the way up, make a divine weapon and come all the way back down?

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Can anyone tell me how to unlock the locked gate in New Londo Ruins?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Are any bosses actually resistant to certain elements? Basically what I'm asking is if I upgrade my main weapon down the fire/lightning/magic path, is it going to end up useless against certain enemies (I mainly care about bosses)?

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Can you leave a covenant without getting put in the book of the guilty? Is it by going to the guy that appears after the gargoyles?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Is there somewhere a listing of all the different covenants, how early you can join, the perks you get, and the consequences for leaving? I've only encountered Way of White so far but declined membership as it doesn't really suit my character. I want to know how much longer I've got to go until I run into one that suits me better.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Jaros posted:

Can you leave a covenant without getting put in the book of the guilty? Is it by going to the guy that appears after the gargoyles?

Yes, I did it that way and accumulated no sin in breaking my covenant.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Rollersnake posted:

Is there somewhere a listing of all the different covenants, how early you can join, the perks you get, and the consequences for leaving? I've only encountered Way of White so far but declined membership as it doesn't really suit my character. I want to know how much longer I've got to go until I run into one that suits me better.

Right here.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Filthy Monkey posted:

It'll be a decent ways in, about the time you start actually heading downward. Honestly unless you want all the shinys you are better of coming from the valley of the drakes.

So I'm thinking about trying to snag the dagger with bleed on it is and throwing the lightning upgrade on it and seeing how it performs, if only for the "my counter/backstab does a lot of damage and bleeds you and shocks the poo poo out of you, have fun :smug:" factor.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

qbert posted:

Are any bosses actually resistant to certain elements? Basically what I'm asking is if I upgrade my main weapon down the fire/lightning/magic path, is it going to end up useless against certain enemies (I mainly care about bosses)?

Your main weapon being fire would be a bad idea because offhand I can think of at least 2 bosses immune to it, magic/divine weapons have both physical and magic damage though so that should be a good catch all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Capra Demon is loving bullshit.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Looking forward to picking this up at the weekend. It already sounds like there needs to be a "things you need to know before you play for the first time" section in the OP.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

How far do you have to boost your str or dex to make non-elemental weapons as strong as elemental ones? At 22 dex nothing is anywhere close to my lightning spear even upgraded. Makes it a lot easier for hybrid characters as you really aren't losing much by having fairly low str/dex. At this point I'm kinda regretting the 22dex.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Clever Spambot posted:

Your main weapon being fire would be a bad idea because offhand I can think of at least 2 bosses immune to it, magic/divine weapons have both physical and magic damage though so that should be a good catch all.

Fire damage is basically the same as in demon souls: really.effective on most enemies, but when they resist, they resist it hard. Lightning on the other hand tends to be exceptionally effective on pretty much every enemy I've ran into.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I'm having a lot of trouble picking a covenant. Gravelord Servant sounds awesome. So does Path of the Dragon but Path of the Dragon also seems incredibly difficult to obtain.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

It'll be a decent ways in, about the time you start actually heading downward. Honestly unless you want all the shinys you are better of coming from the valley of the drakes.
I found the one on the bridge, I think. As for loot, I've seen a few things so far, like some black armor and some Japanese sword. I can see why people say this area sucks though. It is difficult to navigate, has annoying ranged enemies that poison you through a shield block, and has really poor FPS to boot.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Vanguard Warden posted:

I farmed them for 20 minutes or so and only got 1 green titanite shard. So yes, I can confirm they do drop it, but it seems to be less common than large titanite shards.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Woo hoo! Finally got summoned for the first time, me and some other white phantom completely trivialised the Iron Golem for someone.

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004
I am stuck in Undead Burg. I killed the Taurus Demon what am I supposed to do after that?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Wizard of Wang posted:

I am stuck in Undead Burg. I killed the Taurus Demon what am I supposed to do after that?

See that bridge with the big-rear end dragon at the end of it?

Stay to the right and walk very slowly. The way forward will become clear.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Has anyone ever actually invaded successfully? I've wasted all my Orbs on failed invasions.

Which incidentally is loving bullshit. What, no one is playing Sen's Fortress in Human form?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you equip that flip ring does your encumbrance then effect your flip speed or is it one flip fits all? Could someone please test their flips in super heavy armor vs light armor?

I just got this ring and as far as I can tell, you flip at the same speed at any weight under 50% max equip weight. Above that and you are back to the terrible roll.

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004

Rasamune posted:

See that bridge with the big-rear end dragon at the end of it?

Stay to the right and walk very slowly. The way forward will become clear.

So don't haul rear end like in Demon souls? Walk slowly?

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Anyone know where to get the abyss ring?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Wizard of Wang posted:

So don't haul rear end like in Demon souls? Walk slowly?

Do not haul rear end. If you run, the dragon will see you much faster.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So can I summon someone before the twin gargoyle fight? I almost did it on my first try but have not got close since. Can you only summon a certain number of times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heatvision
Jul 24, 2009
DERP quoted the wrong guy, meant to respond to however was confused about where to go after the gargoyles are down

The annoying chain mail fellow mentions the other Bell is down below, through Blightown. (more specific spoileresque details: you can get there through the depths/sewers, or if you have a master key take the elevator down to the New Lando Ruins, then exit out the side into the valley of drakes, and cross a plank into Blighttown taking a tunnel and weird watermill like lift all the way to the bottom... you'll want to go into the giant spider mound at the bottom of the swamp.

I made it through Sen's Fortress last night and all the way to Andor Lando, getting dropped off at that top point was possibly one of the more epic moments in gaming I've had. Summoned up a white phantom and managed to tag team curb stomp my way to halfway across before catching an errant lightning bolt to the face.

For people having trouble, I'd highly recommending upgrading weapons. I brought my Winged spear up to +10 and it outclasses the upgraded Drake sword +1... and I'm playing a strength heavy knight.

• Locked thread