Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Anyone know if Amazon is throwing in a gift card for preordering this?

E:

Oh, there it is. :downs:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Standard Edition has a $10 credit listed, nothing for the LCE, which is sold out anyway.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
Welp, gently caress. Didn't get the LCE, but I get a gift card, some points, and the BMW M1. It's not perfect, but at least I get to play the drat game(and pump money into DLC that I would probably get for free from buying the LCE). Is there any chance 1600 points will pay for the season pass by itself? I haven't bought microsoft points in forever and I am without my xbox currently.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

ComfortablyNumb posted:

Welp, gently caress. Didn't get the LCE, but I get a gift card, some points, and the BMW M1. It's not perfect, but at least I get to play the drat game(and pump money into DLC that I would probably get for free from buying the LCE). Is there any chance 1600 points will pay for the season pass by itself? I haven't bought microsoft points in forever and I am without my xbox currently.
I believe it's going for 2400 points.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

You could use the Best Buy gift card to buy more MS points to make up the difference.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

captainOrbital posted:

Are we going to get a Chevrolet Lacetti?

Surely it would be a Kia Cee'd not the Lacetti. The Lacetti died in the demolition of two huge chimney stacks.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Brainwrong posted:

Surely it would be a Kia Cee'd not the Lacetti. The Lacetti died in the demolition of two huge chimney stacks.

Well most of it, the front was still there

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Rivals mode is awesome but it's going to be the end of me once the full game comes out. Still I managed a top 1000 time in the M5, after like 20 laps of smashing into cars going three wide into corners :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gametrailers has a pretty good review out now; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-forza-motorsport/722007

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Target posted:

We just found out about an unexpected delay that affects your order (Order #xxx) placed on 10/07/2011. We're sorry, but we may not be able to deliver your item(s) by the estimated delivery date you received with your original order. New estimated delivery date(s) are included below. If we can't deliver your item(s) by this new estimated delivery date, we will automatically cancel your order. Here's what you can do:

New Estimated Delivery Date: 11/08/2011

:stare:

What does that mean
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN loving MEAN?

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Also, we can't race against F1 drivers, there's no Liana in the game.

Check again...
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Cars/Detail.aspx?id=19327361069

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

I said come in! posted:

Gametrailers has a pretty good review out now; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-forza-motorsport/722007

SO PUMPED. DID YOU SEE THOSE GENTLE TAPS LEADING TO ROLLOVERS?

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Brainwrong posted:

There is an achievement for taking the Cee'd around.

I said come in! posted:

Thanks to the sidebar I watched the 1-on-1 / passing challenge on Nurburg.

Don't do it, you've got so much to live for.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

I said come in! posted:

Morgan Aero 8? gently caress yes.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Remember, those of you who got the LCE for Forza 3, that the following cars are UNICORNS in Forza 4 and you can import then from your old Forza 3 save.

2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Pulling off a chain of 4-bar drifts in the Cougar is so much fun. Going to be even better when we can actually set up proper drift tunes.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Are all MS Wheels created equally? I have the chance to purchase one for $50. That sounds fair, right?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

blodycoughbynewport posted:

What does that mean

I got the same email this morning. I'm so pissed off at these fuckers right now :smithicide:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Still 5 seconds off of what is possible, but I'm proud of my unassisted 1:43.806 regardless :colbert:. Rivals mode is the best thing.

Now I just hope I'll receive my CSR and RennSport Wheel Stand before my vacation starts. Fanatec hasn't acknowledged my payment yet, and the wheel was listed as out of stock when I ordered :ohdear: :emo:

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Sim Racing Tonight has a 30 minute preview up if you want an in-depth look a the game from a distinctly sim point of view. Like all good Sim people they love sperging out on the details - so eat it up!

http://youtu.be/X2N98Fx5Oec

(poo poo yeah - Lancia Delta Spec Series)

Finally - some car club info! Starts around the 11 minute mark.

pvax fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 8, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

GOD IS BED posted:

Please say I'm not the only person who will force every person who visits my house to run the Top Gear track and put their times on a powerboard.

Here's the Top Gear powerboards for each car and F1 drivers, so you can compare to celebrities: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_test_track

I'll have a Cee-apostrophe-Dee set aside specifically for this.

Also, my personal goal is to outdo Jeff Goldblum's lap and get better than 1:49.0 while never leaving third gear.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

pvax posted:

Sim Racing Tonight has a 30 minute preview up if you want an in-depth look a the game from a distinctly sim point of view. Like all good Sim people they love sperging out on the details - so eat it up!

http://youtu.be/X2N98Fx5Oec

(poo poo yeah - Lancia Delta Spec Series)

Finally - some car club info! Starts around the 11 minute mark.

The gripe around 18:15 where they talk about how slow the AI cars are, and how the reviewers were winning races and hanging with higher class cars without having to do much tuning is a bit disconcerting. I hope that on the Hard and Professional difficulty levels that the AI puts up a challenge.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Since we don't yet know whether profile import for the LFA will work, if you don't actually own the Stig's Garage Pack, I'd like to put my name down if somebody's willing to gift me one. Hey, it's potentially one more free car, right?

GT: Hello Spaceman

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UkeA26iZeC0#t=239s

Here's a short glimpse of the soccer minigame online. It looks as fun as I could ever imagine. I hope we can do 8 vs 8 on it. :allears:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

L_Harrison posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UkeA26iZeC0#t=239s

Here's a short glimpse of the soccer minigame online. It looks as fun as I could ever imagine. I hope we can do 8 vs 8 on it. :allears:

:dance:

gently caress me next week is going to be fun.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Is there no Ariel Atom in this game? :( I want to drive that car in a game more realistic than PGR3/4.

Also Ether Frenzy do you work for Fanatec? Can you get me a deal on one of their wheels?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Huh, Gamefly sent this out today. That's odd, usually the send games out on Monday. Oh well, now I can keep it all minty fresh for $45 :toot:

E:

How much is the muscle car pack?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 8, 2011

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Just confirmed in person GameSTOP has my LCE set to be there on launch day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This may have been answered many times already, but have the Porsches really been removed? I could swear there's a steering wheel with a Porsche logo right in the official trailer.

Sunday Punch posted:

Morgan Aero 8? gently caress yes.

My favorite car in III, and the one I spent the most money on customizing. Awesome.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 8, 2011

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This may have been answered many times already, but have the Porsches really been removed? I could swear there's a steering wheel with a Porsche logo right in the official trailer.

Forza 4, where dreams are driven, unless they are Porsches

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Capn Beeb posted:

Huh, Gamefly sent this out today. That's odd, usually the send games out on Monday. Oh well, now I can keep it all minty fresh for $45 :toot:

There's no mail on Monday, that's why they sent it today.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

So I havn't recieved a confirmation email yet on my second LCE order that I had to rebook through Target. Stupid me closed out the window after purchase assuming a confirmation was being sent, therfore I don't have an order number to check on it. The purchase did go through on my card though. Anyone else not recieve a confirmation? I'm hoping I just put the wrong email in by mistake and that they didn't gently caress this up, or are debating on whether they had stock either.

I'm covered on my copy, but this was supposed to be a present for someone and now I feel like it may fall through.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

sdr782 posted:

There's a RUF Porsche in the base game. Better than nothing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

sdr782 posted:

Is there any particular reason that they're the only manufacturer to not be in the game? Please don't tell me it's some bullshit exclusive agreement with 'Gran Turismo 5'.

Also, I thought night driving and weather conditions had been confirmed a while ago, what the gently caress is going on?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

PopeOnARope posted:

There's a RUF Porsche in the base game. Better than nothing.

I reckon some of the older RUFs might pop up in future DLC too. Driver: SF had 7 of them after all, so it's not like they're impossible to find. Also maybe a chance of a Gemballa or two, since Turn 10 isn't adverse to lesser-known names and they did hold a 'ring record a while back.

Is there any particular reason that they're the only manufacturer to not be in the game? Please don't tell me it's some bullshit exclusive agreement with 'Gran Turismo 5'.
It's a bullshit exclusive agreement with EA. Not that it's any better.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

blodycoughbynewport posted:

What does that mean
I got the same email this morning, but just now I got this: "We wanted to let you know that item(s) from order (Order # XXX) placed on 10/07/2011 have shipped.", tracking number included.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BlazeKinser posted:

It's a bullshit exclusive agreement with EA. Not that it's any better.

For 'Need for Speed'? Why the hell would a manufacturer known for performance sign an exclusive agreement for an arcade game, rather than a simulation? Is this too stupid of a question considering the only answer will have to use the $ symbol?

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

For 'Need for Speed'? Why the hell would a manufacturer known for performance sign an exclusive agreement for an arcade game, rather than a simulation? Is this too stupid of a question considering the only answer will have to use the $ symbol?

EA thought they were going to be competing in the sim market with the Need For Speed: Shift spin-off which is probably why they yanked the licence. Of course Shift 2 bombed spectacularly so it's unlikely they will be going back to it. So hey, maybe Porsche DLC in the future once EA gets over it's own hump.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

You're forgetting that EA's given them a whole game before, and actually did a good job with it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL LORD ZLATAN
Jan 2, 2011
wrong post sorry

• Locked thread