Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hojusimpson
Mar 30, 2011
I have to thank everyone again for the racing advice (and the link in the OP). In the past week, I've gone from 70-85% in each Rivals category to 47%, 48% and 40% (respectively) as of writing. Sure, it's not impressive compared to most of you and I keep Auto and ABS on but I'm beginning to really appreciate the little things: Making mental notes during each lap and trying to perform the necessary corrections, negotiating jackass CPU traffic, etc.

Hopefully you folks getting screwed by the shops are all able to score your copies on launch day. In the meantime, I think I'm going to squeeze in a few more laps to wean off ABS by Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Did you get express shipping? I paid a little extra out the rear end for it just to be sure and my order says this;

Yeah, I got the express too

quote:

express . estimated arrival: Tuesday,10/25/2011-Tuesday,11/08/2011

AND still no response from support.

yes we nyan
Aug 17, 2007

ha, ha, haaa~

Falken posted:

Kal Reegar - 01:42.041 - 1,480
yes we nyan - 01:42.065 - 1,513

Come at me bro!

yes we nyan - 1:41.935
Kal Reegar - 1:42.041

what now!

e: SIGH falken beat me again minutes after I posted this. I think we've traded positions over 10 times now.

yes we nyan fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 9, 2011

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

siig posted:

I can gift some LFAs, I have many millions of FM3 credits sitting around not doing anything. Send me a friend request, my gt is rgoer (yes misspelled like that), I'll gift LFAs tomorrow morning.

Would love one of them if you're willing to give! Request sent, GT is iHaak. Grinding credits was one thing I was never very good at in FM3.

I'll do better this time I swear :ohdear:. Mostly because of Rivals mode but yeah.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011
The LCE availability is low, I can't find a store that will let me preorder one for in-store pickup. What are we missing out on as far as in-game content if we get the normal game + season pass?

Is it just the VIP car pack? The BMW art car pack is available as day 1 DLC correct?

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

siig posted:

I can gift some LFAs, I have many millions of FM3 credits sitting around not doing anything. Send me a friend request, my gt is rgoer (yes misspelled like that), I'll gift LFAs tomorrow morning.

Sent you a request also, GT: TooBeerBishes. Thanks!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

GAME posted:

Your Pre-Order!

Order Number:xxxxxxxx
Order Date:28 July 2011
Delivery Address:

-snippped-

Delivery Method: UK FREE Delivery

360 FORZA MOTORSPORT4 LE (Xbox 360) Pre-order Available: 14-Oct-2011
Total cost of products: £59.99
Delivery charge: £0.00
Order Total: £59.99

Your payment card will be charged prior to the despatch of your order and any Reward Points will be allocated to your card.

Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to be about? Its like they just sent me an email to remind me I pre-ordered it? Is this confirmation that they havn't cancelled my order? It doesn't actually have any new info in it, its just a review of my order, which for some reason they have sent to me again?

Kaster Troy
Feb 8, 2010

siig posted:

If you still have enough I would greatly appreciate one too. I sent just sent you a friend request. Thanks!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sent a friend request from AndrewCoja, please send LFA?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

This is a really dumb question. All Porsche gives a poo poo about is that EA is giving them a lot of money, not that you think Forza is better than Need for Speed.

There were three sentences in that post. You obviously only read the first two, congratulations.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
On a side note, I really wish they hadn't included electric hybrids in the game. In their base form, it's like loving Rascal Racing.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I almost hate to do this GhostDog but....

MasterSchaf - 1:42.598
Jarf - 1:42.576

That's right, I'm .02 seconds faster than you :coal:

Jarf fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 9, 2011

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ultimateforce posted:

As someone who bought a hard drive to play Forza 3, take my advice and get the biggest one you can afford at the time. It sucks that I got some skimpy hard drive space when I want download game demos or movies.

And if you aren't scared of opening up your computer, you can trivially convert a cheap laptop hard drive in to an Xbox 360 hard drive rather than paying Microsoft's absurd prices for upgrades.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I heard they were banning consoles for that a while ago. If I am wrong about that I am totally doing that later today.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Jarf posted:

WHY? Why only .02 seconds? I could concede if you made it into the 41s. I could just go "Welp, I lost" and back out gracefully. But .02 seconds? I can surely find another .03 seconds! I might even get lucky and only need to drive another thirty. loving. laps.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
OK LFAs sent to gts DearLonegunman, AndrewCoja, Kaster Troy 0, TooBeerBishes, iHaak, yes we nyan, DJ Siren, and IOwnCalculus. If I accidentally sent you more than one, pass it along to somebody else who needs it I guess!

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

yes we nyan posted:

yes we nyan - 1:41.935
Kal Reegar - 1:42.041

what now!

e: SIGH falken beat me again minutes after I posted this. I think we've traded positions over 10 times now.

Jarf posted:

Which car are you guys doing this with?

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Disgustipated posted:

Which car are you guys doing this with?

Zonda.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

GhostDog posted:

WHY? Why only .02 seconds? I could concede if you made it into the 41s. I could just go "Welp, I lost" and back out gracefully. But .02 seconds? I can surely find another .03 seconds! I might even get lucky and only need to drive another thirty. loving. laps.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to rivals mode.

The top gear ones are going to be sooo painful.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's hard enough posting a clean lap time as it is, but with the traffic... ffffffffffffff

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hair posted:

Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to be about? Its like they just sent me an email to remind me I pre-ordered it? Is this confirmation that they havn't cancelled my order? It doesn't actually have any new info in it, its just a review of my order, which for some reason they have sent to me again?

I've got exactly the same e-mail, i'm assuming it means that they havent canceled the order? idk

On another note i've just got 3 more endurance races and I will have finished fm3, then I can proceed to cry that everyones faster than me in the demo.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
That random guy in the corner. You know, the one that one that everyone avoids?
I've also had that same email from Game, and there appears to have been a charge to my card, so I'm assuming it means we aren't getting hosed over like some of the US goons unfortunately seem to be.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

wolrah posted:

And if you aren't scared of opening up your computer, you can trivially convert a cheap laptop hard drive in to an Xbox 360 hard drive rather than paying Microsoft's absurd prices for upgrades.

Ehhhh you might not want to.

1) You'll need a specific WD Scorpio drive in order to do this.
2) You'll need specific tools, and to format the drive to do this.
3) The drive costs about $50. You can buy a drive from China, with enclosure, for about the same. Mine's worked fine for well over a year.
4) MS doesn't ban for this.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Target posted:

shipped on:Sunday,10/09/2011 express . estimated arrival: Sunday,10/09/2011-Tuesday,10/11/2011

Target, I aint even mad anymore, I'm sorry about all those terrible things I said.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Best Buy ad in the Sunday paper claims they will have the collectors edition on Tuesday. This is probably a lie, the paper is outdated; I know this because it listed the ipod touch 4th gen for $230, meaning it was made before the price drop announcement this week. Just wanted to mention that so no one has a case of blue balls on Tuesday morning.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's hard enough posting a clean lap time as it is, but with the traffic... ffffffffffffff

What causes a lap to go instantly dirty once you cross the line? I was putting down some really good times in the Ferarri but every time I started the next lap, insta-dirty :argh:

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

What causes a lap to go instantly dirty once you cross the line? I was putting down some really good times in the Ferarri but every time I started the next lap, insta-dirty :argh:

If you dirty the last sector of your previous lap it carries over. You can use the rewind feature to avoid this annoyance.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just got a Microsoft Wheel for $40 used on craigslist.

Oh my god this thing is loving awesome.

sativa dreams
Nov 28, 2006
i'm really an '03, i swear
Why can't I see any ghosts? On all three of the rivals races, no matter who I have set as my rival, I never see any ghosts. Doesn't matter how many laps I do or what. I've even set myself as rival and don't see a ghost.

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Just played the demo last night and in retrospect I kind of wish I hadn't now. It has just made the 2 day wait for Forza 4 more painful.

I ended up staying up a lot later then I intended to last night because of that loving Rivals mode. I became obsessed with trying to beat my cousin's lap time. I managed to get down my lap time down to 1:52 before calling it for the night. I don't know what it is but the last two turns before the final straight away are giving me issues.

GT is StalkedBeef if anyone wants to add me.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I don't think it's in the OP so here's a link to the Forza Goons spreadsheet from the previous Forza4 thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Captain Hair posted:

I got this same e-mail. I really hope I don't get shafted on this.

GhostDog posted:

Was going to attempt another lap to gain a more significant lead but then I imagined how I would react if somebody beat me by .02 seconds. Pretty much the same as you. May our rivalry span the life of Forza 4.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 9, 2011

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

andyf posted:

I don't think it's in the OP so here's a link to the Forza Goons spreadsheet from the previous Forza4 thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Saw the spreadsheet earlier and totally forgot about it. Adding my GT now

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I have a few friend requests out to:
AndrewCoja
DriverZiploc
einTier
SIGMA ONE
StalkedBeef

that haven't been approved or denied. So I sent some text/voice messages to tell you guys who I am.

Also, thank you to everyone who accepted my friend req. I probably won't get FM4 until next Thurs, Fri, or Sat due to ordering from Dell. I wanna join a car club!

But I work PM shift EST so I play late at night, probably best match with west coast goons in terms of play hours.

So stoked for this game! See you all online!

GT: Captain Howdy 0 (that's a zero)

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009
Just added my GT (Wanderer512) to the spreadsheet, enjoying the hell out of the demo... Really lookin' forward to the Rivals stuff, add me to compete!

Also sent a friend request to rgoer if there are any more credits for LFAs :)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

SPOILERS!! Link to all level reward car choices

Someones cobbled together this list if you want to see what choice in cars you have when you level in FM4.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

PopeOnARope posted:

On a side note, I really wish they hadn't included electric hybrids in the game. In their base form, it's like loving Rascal Racing.

Clearly these are the prime candidates for the "doing stupid and insane upgrades to cars that somehow manage to actually work despite all logic" aspect of the game.

pvax posted:

SPOILERS!! Link to all level reward car choices

Someones cobbled together this list if you want to see what choice in cars you have when you level in FM4.
Oh wow. By level 30 that starts going into some really, really tough decisions.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

GhostDog posted:

If you think that's bad, yes we nyan and I have been doing this over the course of an entire second.

We're now in the 1:41s... :v:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Wow, lots of hard choices to make. And the level 6 rewards kinda piss me off, the Mustang is the only one of those cars to never see a Trans-Am track. Where's my '69 Boss 302 Turn 10? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Had a brief scare with my LCE preorder, but it's all good now. It was under my old phone number. Tuesday can't get here fast enough!

• Locked thread