Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Hackan Slash posted:

So what's the best armor people have found yet? I don't want to reinforce anything because I keep finding better stuff.

The best I've found is the black-hemmed stuff in the painting in anon londo. The chest alone has 42 resist and a weight of 3. The only problem is it has no curse resist, but who goes anywhere near that stuff anyway?

There's a ton of good stuff there, Velka's Rapier is shaping up to be a fun time.

I found this sick looking plague doctor stuff in Blight Town. I cannot wait to be a Ringwraith, though. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

So what's the best armor people have found yet? I don't want to reinforce anything because I keep finding better stuff.

Going off pure damage reduction Havel's armor is the best for that, but otherwise I've been using the Gold-Hemmed stuff because it's so light. But looking through the guide there are definitely beefier armor sets out there.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Man I even tweeted the Community Manager of Namco about how empty the pvp is and he repied:

" from my experience, always stay human- as you venture towards the later levels, more and more signs became available"

What counts as the later levels? The last boss? I'm about SL53 and can count the number of pvp interactions on one hand :ohdear:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Vargs posted:

Where is this place, anyways? I went through Anor Londo twice and never noticed it.

Did you pick up the doll from the Asylum?

Numbers
Jul 13, 2000
Anyone know where a bonfire is in the new londo ruins after you drain the water? I'm right before the boss (I think) and I haven't found one yet.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Crowbear posted:

Did you pick up the doll from the Asylum?

Yeah, I did.

Numbers posted:

Anyone know where a bonfire is in the new londo ruins after you drain the water? I'm right before the boss (I think) and I haven't found one yet.

There isn't one. Use the one in Valley of the Drakes.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007
My entire desire to play a faith character died when I learned the Moonlight Sword is magic-based in this game. Plus, I totally bonered myself up on some Covenants from overzealous NPCs slaughtering in the name of Chaos.

I'm debating between an agility or magic based runthrough now. Anyone doing a magic runthrough finding it particularly fun? It seems with limited magic casts that it'd be mostly the same as my faith runthrough with spells barely reaching "supplemental" level.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The executioner's armor is better than havel's while also weighing slightly less. you also get to look absolutely disgusting! Some of the best medium-grade defensive armors are orstein's and lauteric's. probably the best overall light armor is the one you get from the corpse near the first boss of the demon altar, as well as the one you get that makes you look like that rear end in a top hat that's in the belltower of the church.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Hackan Slash posted:

The best I've found is the black-hemmed stuff in the painting in anon londo. The chest alone has 42 resist and a weight of 3. The only problem is it has no curse resist, but who goes anywhere near that stuff anyway?

There's a ton of good stuff there, Velka's Rapier is shaping up to be a fun time.

I'm using Ornstein's armor. Not only does it look cool, it's pretty good armor and on the lighter side of the heavy armor sets to boot.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

swamp waste posted:

Gameplay-wise the lack of guard rails really tests whether you can keep it together under pressure. I do kind of wish that there was a cache or an enemy drop of anti-toxin moss somewhere in there though, i can see how that would be real frustrating if I hadn't known to buy some first. Oh word and the swaying bridge that poo poo made me catch my breath for a second

I'm sure I found a corpse with 3 anti-toxin items around the first bonfire.

On a different note, does anyone know how many souls it would take to buy all the spells off the second pyromancy trainer? I really don't want to have to make more than one trip back there.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Does anyone know roughly how much difference in level it is before someone can't see your summon sign? I'm SL23 and had my summon sign outside Capra for a good 10 minutes with no bites. Am I too high or are people just running around all corpsified?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Vargs posted:

Yeah, I did.

It's in that building with the chandelier and all the dudes in white armor that throw knives at you. It's this giant rear end painting, you can only miss it if you didn't look backwards once you got to the ground floor.

Bad Bromance
May 20, 2010

Sorry, guys, I actually do still suck dick! :blush: Also my mom only lets me spend five bucks a month to get my cool gaga avatars back so I guess I'm stuck with this one for a while. :(
New Londo spoilers

Is there any reason to keep Ingward alive other than his ability to remove curses? I'm debating whether or not I should kill him for his key so I can be able to join the darkwraiths

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

MadJackMcJack posted:

Does anyone know roughly how much difference in level it is before someone can't see your summon sign? I'm SL23 and had my summon sign outside Capra for a good 10 minutes with no bites. Am I too high or are people just running around all corpsified?

Allegedly it's about 10%, but I'm pretty sure it's a bit more than that.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's annoying but I'm asking again. Does anyone know the locations and requirements for the 2nd tier Miracle and Pyromancy trainers? I really want to make the points I invested in faith/intelligence/my pyro flame pay off for a bit.

Numbers
Jul 13, 2000

Vargs posted:

Yeah, I did.

There isn't one. Use the one in Valley of the Drakes.

drat

Ok, thanks.

Bad Bromance
May 20, 2010

Sorry, guys, I actually do still suck dick! :blush: Also my mom only lets me spend five bucks a month to get my cool gaga avatars back so I guess I'm stuck with this one for a while. :(

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It's annoying but I'm asking again. Does anyone know the locations and requirements for the 2nd tier Miracle and Pyromancy trainers? I really want to make the points I invested in faith/intelligence/my pyro flame pay off for a bit.

The pyro trainer will be in the swamp at the bottom of blight town, you may have to have bought everything from the first pyro trainer though for them to show up

They're at the orange circle marked 1 on this map http://dl7.getuploader.com/g/jajajajajajajajaja/697/%E7%97%85%E3%81%BF%E6%9D%91%E3%80%80%E5%85%A8%E4%BD%93%E3%83%9E%E3%83%83%E3%83%97.jpg

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Man I even tweeted the Community Manager of Namco about how empty the pvp is and he repied:

" from my experience, always stay human- as you venture towards the later levels, more and more signs became available"

What counts as the later levels? The last boss? I'm about SL53 and can count the number of pvp interactions on one hand :ohdear:

SL53 is pretty high. I'm SL40 and at Sen's Fortress. I'd expect to start seeing 50ish people a bit after that. Did you power level?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Sankis posted:

SL53 is pretty high. I'm SL40 and at Sen's Fortress. I'd expect to start seeing 50ish people a bit after that. Did you power level?

I don't think Sen's Fortress counts as "later levels." The game is pretty long.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
I am in Crystal Caves and just killed the first moonlight butterfly. I don't see a path to go down. Could somebody point me the right way?

Edit: Nevermind shoot a enemy with a bow and watched him pathing to me.

Chaos341 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 10, 2011

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Sankis posted:

I don't feel like I did. Maybe a little grinding for items that happened to net a bunch of souls? I didn't buy the door seal till way into the game. Just got the lordvessel. It's not like a walk in the park at this point with my level either.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Bad Bromance posted:

map

Does buying everything include fully upgrading the pyro flame? Also thanks for the map

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline

Blarfo posted:

Anyone doing a magic runthrough finding it particularly fun? It seems with limited magic casts that it'd be mostly the same as my faith runthrough with spells barely reaching "supplemental" level.

Yeah with the limited casts and all spells being essentially varying levels of soul-ray there's really no such thing as a "Mage" class anymore. My favorite thing about Demons Souls was the ability to replace a weapon with my insanity catalyst and have it be a completely viable option (God bless you, Ignite...)

With Dark Souls it seems like they really wanted everyone to get down in the mud and duke it out with these creatures. Magic is quicker and more powerful than a bow, and prime for a good number of boss fights, but overall its just not the same anymore.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Does buying everything include fully upgrading the pyro flame? Also thanks for the map

The only requirement to meet the advanced trainer is that your flame must be +10.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Where do I go in Anor Londo? The only path forward is blocked by a gold fog.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

as well as the one you get that makes you look like that rear end in a top hat that's in the belltower of the church.

There's armor in the belltower? Like, the first plot-bell right after the Gargoyles?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
As a new player, what class is the least painful?

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Maremidon posted:

Am I supposed to fight the Necromancer guy and his army of undead minions in the church in the Undead Parish? It seems really overwhelming, even for this game.

A bit late but for anyone else stuck here, you can just stand on the floor below him and shoot the caster in the head with a bow until he dies, he never comes down or anything.

^^^^^I would pick a warrior, all round stats are fine and a high dex and str lets you get a good start to using whatever weapons you end up picking, and he starts with decent armor that does not slow you down to much.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Woohoo working on attempt #50 on the Capra Demon. How fun.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

What are some good spots to throw down a white soapstone? I wanna help people while getting humanity.

Mordiceius posted:

Probably a medium-armor high vitality build. I imagine being an all-arounder is easier than a mage or bowman or heavy.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Mordiceius posted:

I guess somethign with the most Vitality / Endurance? But it really doesn't matter. Whichever one starts with gear that interests you. Your first number of levels will come fast enough that you can start with an Int heavy class and quickly ramp up your Vit if you want, etc.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

TF2 desperately needs the Symbol of Avarice as a promotional hat. I wish I could upgrade this thing.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Where do I go in Anor Londo? The only path forward is blocked by a gold fog.

Go down and out the elevator. Look left and do some platforming.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

rizuhbull posted:

Probably a medium-armor high vitality build.

Knowing so little about the game, I'm staring at a list of classes here and so that doesn't mean much to me. :P

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So has anyone had any luck gravelording people? I've been considering dropping darkmoon because the whole time I've done it I've killed one person and that was more by fluke. If I wear the darkmoon summon ring the person it summons me against either has 2 phantom buddies or they one shot me without backstabs/ripostes through my heavy armor.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Vargs posted:

Where is this place, anyways? I went through Anor Londo twice and never noticed it.

Take the doll to the church with all the white-robed people in it, and examine the big portrait. Bring a bow, and have fun with the wheel guys

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Shlapintogan posted:

Nope. You can still warp after you put the lordvessel on the altar.

excellent! Now to do that whole Darkwraith thing... but first I must prepare I guess.

Is there any easy way to leave a covenant? I accidentally joined Chaos Servant. I killed the doorman to the chaos servant person and I bet he was suppose to sell me super pyro spells! Oh well :sigh:

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Knowing so little about the game, I'm staring at a list of classes here and so that doesn't mean much to me. :P
Knight or Warrior are good choices. Play it as vanilla as you can until you get a hang of it's mechanics. Then branch out and experiment.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

rizuhbull posted:

What are some good spots to throw down a white soapstone? I wanna help people while getting humanity.
Well, if you're looking for humanity, the bonfire in the depths is your best bet. You can run around farming the rats waiting for someone to summon you up, then you can go run through to the boss and make about 20k souls if you finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo, just killed the gargoyles without help, what a loving rush.

So uh stupid question though, where next? I get the idea I'm supposed to go to Blight Town for the second bell but I'm not sure how. I wandered into the New Londo Ruins though and gently caress the ghosts.

Edit: Without help as the matchmaking is terrible. I wandered around near the boss entrance (as unhollowed) for 30 minutes looking for anyone to be summoned.

• Locked thread