Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Q_res posted:

Wow, lots of hard choices to make. And the level 6 rewards kinda piss me off, the Mustang is the only one of those cars to never see a Trans-Am track. Where's my '69 Boss 302 Turn 10? :argh:

The Cougar is the wrong one as well; it was the '67s and '68s that nearly beat the Mustang, not the fatter '70.

Still, I'll be agonizing over that choice at level 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, but the Eliminator could be had with the Boss 302 engine on the street, and at least it actually set foot on a Trans Am track. Even if it was less successful than the earlier Cougars. I'm pretty sure the Boss 429 never raced on a track that deviated from straight.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

pvax posted:

SPOILERS!! Link to all level reward car choices

Someones cobbled together this list if you want to see what choice in cars you have when you level in FM4.

Just gonna go with whatever is most expensive past level 29

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Q_res posted:

Yeah, but the Eliminator could be had with the Boss 302 engine on the street, and at least it actually set foot on a Trans Am track. Even if it was less successful than the earlier Cougars. I'm pretty sure the Boss 429 never raced on a track that deviated from straight.

Point taken. Putting the 429 in the Trans-Am choice doesn't make much sense, but neither does having the 1970 model instead of the 1969 model.

The 429 is probably going to be a lot more popular in drag racing this game.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Any way I could get on the LFA list? My gamertag is residencyevil. Thanks!

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Professor Bling posted:

Point taken. Putting the 429 in the Trans-Am choice doesn't make much sense, but neither does having the 1970 model instead of the 1969 model.

To be fair though, if you don't pick the Javelin then clearly you've made the wrong decision anyway. :colbert:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BlazeKinser posted:

To be fair though, if you don't pick the Javelin then clearly you've made the wrong decision anyway. :colbert:

Obviously; I figured that was a given :v:

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

BlazeKinser posted:

Maybe it's because I've already deflowered that Javelin extensively in FM3 but I'm looking forward to the 69' Trans-Am. Towards the end of the DLC life of FM3 they started letting cars get wider tires (Javelin gets some very fat meats) which I hope they continued in 4 as a trend. I can't wait to put slicks on the Hemi Dart Superstock and fly haphazardly down a straight (hopefully with front wheels off the ground).

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I love the idea that the level rewards offer so many different choices.

-It will make for a less annoying auction house since it won't be full of the exact same 50 cars over and over.
- It will probably lead to some more variance on the leaderboards (this will be helped due to by affinity making parts cheap/free as well)

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

siig posted:

OK LFAs sent to gts DearLonegunman, AndrewCoja, Kaster Troy 0, TooBeerBishes, iHaak, yes we nyan, DJ Siren, and IOwnCalculus. If I accidentally sent you more than one, pass it along to somebody else who needs it I guess!

Thanks! I'll treat her good. :clint:

Added myself to that spreadsheet too, pretty hyped at this stage. I have no idea how some of you are getting those lap times, though. Which bodes well. :shobon:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Having played the demo I can say that simulation steering with the fanatec is loving hard. Also under hard braking my cars tail keeps coming out and I have to let up a bit, it is a lot of fun to actually have to do things while playing now! The only problem I have is even with 900 degree steering the hands in game only move the 270 and that is kinda lame.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I have a few friend requests out to:
einTier

that haven't been approved or denied. So I sent some text/voice messages to tell you guys who I am.

Haven't been home in days. Will friend by the end of the night.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Haven't been home either, also I'm really popular so send me love and kisses and I'll remove other GT's that haven't sent love and kisses recently.

EDIT: Well Frys now says they're not sure if my LCE will come in this month or not. Great.

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 10, 2011

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys to get good with the wheel? I'm running 1:50s dirty right now, none clean so far.

This is the first time I've ever played Forza with a wheel and it's fantastic. I went back and played Forza 3 for a bit, starting off from the beginning. No assists except for the clutch so I can learn how to play it properly. I found the foam underneath the brake helps a ton. It makes for a more realistic feel and it's easier to prevent the brakes from locking.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

pvax posted:

I love the idea that the level rewards offer so many different choices.

-It will make for a less annoying auction house since it won't be full of the exact same 50 cars over and over.

Nah, it'll still be littered with tons of identical crap because there are lots of lazy and stupid people who think a 1,000 horsepower car with a big number of recorded wins will make them unstoppable. Hell, that was my primary source of income when people were unloading their gifted P4's.

quote:

- It will probably lead to some more variance on the leaderboards (this will be helped due to by affinity making parts cheap/free as well)
Doubt it, once the one or two "perfect build" cars for each class are found it's all over. Again, because people are generally lazy if there's no incentive to try something different.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Faustus posted:

I have a few friend requests out to:
AndrewCoja
DriverZiploc
einTier
SIGMA ONE
StalkedBeef

that haven't been approved or denied. So I sent some text/voice messages to tell you guys who I am.

Also, thank you to everyone who accepted my friend req. I probably won't get FM4 until next Thurs, Fri, or Sat due to ordering from Dell. I wanna join a car club!

But I work PM shift EST so I play late at night, probably best match with west coast goons in terms of play hours.

So stoked for this game! See you all online!

GT: Captain Howdy 0 (that's a zero)

Sorry, my 360 hasn't been turned on in a few days, and I'm away from home for the weekend. I'll be back tomorrow, and I'll either approve it then or whenever actually start playing Forza 4 since I'm stupid and got regular shipping.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Okay I will bite, who is selling off a LCE? I will purchase one happily! I figure I can probably get it quicker than Frys at this point.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ringo Star Get posted:

Haven't been home either, also I'm really popular so send me love and kisses and I'll remove other GT's that haven't sent love and kisses recently.

Ok, seriously... I will send love, or I will send kisses. If I send both, I'm gonna feel cheap! I'm nobody's whore!!

(sobs)

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Because of no weather and no night racing I won't be buying this.

Those were the two things I really hoped they would implement in Forza 4 :(

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

fuckpot posted:

Hear that everyone? Fuckpot will not be buying FM4. Repeat, fuckpot will not be buying FM4. This is very important information!

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

The End posted:

Hear that everyone? Fuckpot will not be buying FM4. Repeat, fuckpot will not be buying FM4. This is very important information!

gently caress!...pot? Oh well. I plan on buying this on Tuesday, I hope I can compete with you guys even though I'm limited to using a controller... I feel like I'm going to get pretty frustrated with the lack of range when it comes to braking and steering :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The End posted:

This is a worse post than his, at least he expressed valid reasoning instead of no-content hiveminding

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

The End posted:

fyi, fuckpot should never be spelt with a capital letter.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

fuckpot posted:

With the current 360 architecture they could either have 60fps constant or weather/night racing. I would take 60fps constant every time.

Also, There's alot more to weather and night racing than the shaders. Entirely new tire data would be needed for the different grip levels due to the dampness of the track and the decreased temperature respectively.

Not many sims have managed to get rain 'right', and most don't even factor in the less grippy nature of the track due to the track temperature being lower at night.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Welp... Got an e-mail from Game that my LCE pre-order has been cancelled.

So I ordered it again. Like they said.

And now they cancelled that one too.

gently caress

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
If it makes you guys feel any better, I'll get my LCE on release date and have approximately 4hrs to play it in the next week.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Well, one advantage to using Gamefly. I'm getting this game at noon of release day.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Forza Motorsport 4 - "You didn't really want to receive your LCE this month...right?"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

Well, one advantage to using Gamefly. I'm getting this game at noon of release day.

Yeah, no poo poo. What's the problem with you guys getting your copies? :(

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm in Australia and we don't get it until the 14th anyway :(

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

webmeister posted:

13th actually. It'll be out Thursday for sure.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

webmeister posted:

:eng101: 13th.

God I hope the Aussie shops don't pull the same trick as the US ones with the LCE package...

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

You Am I posted:

God I hope the Aussie shops don't pull the same trick as the US ones with the LCE package...

Well I haven't heard anything from GAME since placing my preorder so I'm hoping no news is good news. Only three days left for them to run out of stock anyway.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Welp... Got an e-mail from Game that my LCE pre-order has been cancelled.

So I ordered it again. Like they said.

And now they cancelled that one too.

gently caress

drat, when did you make your order? I'm relieved I haven't received a cancellation (yet) but I made my order early August. My order status is "unshipped" so I'm hoping that I'm one of the few that has a Forza 4 LCE sitting in the warehouse right now waiting for the release date.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Forza Motorsport 4 - "You didn't really want to receive your LCE this month...right?"

Forza Motorsport 4 - "LCE Order cancelled, do you want to reserve the regular edition?"

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

You Am I posted:

JBHifi have pulled it down from the online shop, so you can't pre-order from there at the moment - it still says $99 for the LCE though. Instore pre-orders are still being honored - at least mine was anyway.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
So I take it that in order to roll with the big dogs (:clint:) you're pretty much going to have to go with a manual transmission in this game? I turned off every handicap but kept automatic and even on my cleanest laps I still wasn't able to beat my best time where I used manual (and that lap was DIRTY. Like I hit a wall. Yeah I hit a wall on my best time so what)

Man the last turn in the demo is absolutely killing me with the Zonda. I swear I lose a good 2-5 seconds on that turn alone. I have yet to take it absolutely perfect.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Jarf posted:

drat, when did you make your order? I'm relieved I haven't received a cancellation (yet) but I made my order early August. My order status is "unshipped" so I'm hoping that I'm one of the few that has a Forza 4 LCE sitting in the warehouse right now waiting for the release date.

September 17th. I had it pre-ordered on Shopto before that but they didn't get the LCE so I changed to Game. That might've bit me in the rear end.

Anyhoo I ordered it again because I am a stubborn bastard and they haven't cancelled that one yet. Fingers crossed.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Manual is amazing, especially with the clutch. It really does give you that much more control. Especially since it lets you rev your engine to your liking before the race starts. Honestly try it out, you'll love it once you get used to it.

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sunday Punch posted:

Well I haven't heard anything from GAME since placing my preorder so I'm hoping no news is good news. Only three days left for them to run out of stock anyway.

I have also preordered through GAME, see what happens over the next couple of days :ohdear:

• Locked thread