Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Brownie posted:

I would still have to pay duties for something shipped from the states. The Fanatec website just has this disclaimer:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The Canadian buyers are responsible for any tax and duties imposed by their country. Tax and duties are not included in the shipping rate. Please contact your local customs office with further inquiries in this issue. For the shipment from the USA to Canada we use the services of USPS. USPS will charge an additional brockage fee to the consignee."

Apparently they ship every part to you individually and do really random poo poo in terms of price labeling and "commercial sample" labels, but duties on $300 could be pretty huge.
Well looks we may have google seems to have stories of them going through as auto parts with 40 bucks of duties and also slipping through duty free. I guess prepare to pay 50 bucks worst case and none if you're lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Got my email from Best Buy today that my regular copy was shipped. gently caress yes, I can't loving wait.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Falken posted:

Remember that the LF-A and 458 Italia are both reward cars for the career mode too.

Also gosh darn, those engine sounds...

Spaceman, how does the Ferrari 355 Challenge sound? It was an angry angry girl in FM2 with the exhaust mods, but sounded kind of dumbed down in 3.

Simply. Glorious. Took one to Suzuka, in free drive mode, and it has all sorts of sonorous dynamism. A bellow into a howl into a metallic shriek.

I might have to buy one now, just to mod it and listen to it.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
So whats everyones UK LCE orders doing?

Mines unshipped, still no 3rd e-mail. But it hasn't been cancelled... so far my internet searches have told me that as of now everyone is either cancelled or shipping. Mines stuck :(

Cedhed
Feb 27, 2006
Whee!

Cedhed posted:

I ordered the LCE online from Gamestop in early September and while my order hasn't been cancelled or changed they are listing it as Backordered. I'm not sure how they handle pre-order stuff but I'm somewhat worried that it'll be a while before I get to play. :(

So, not 1 hour after this panicked post an email with my tracking number shows up. Huge sigh of relief. This is going to be awesome!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cedhed posted:

So, not 1 hour after this panicked post an email with my tracking number shows up. Huge sigh of relief. This is going to be awesome!

UK or US?

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50574/ForzaBigshot.jpg

redhalo
May 19, 2009

I'll take an LF-A if anyone is feeling generous. GT: robert mccoy
I'll re-gift as soon as I get it loaded.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

quote:

This message was sent to you at the request of ENDOR to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS

Scheduled Delivery: 13-October-2011

gently caress yeah. Hopefully my Forza LCE gets here on the 12th or 13th (it's already in the hands of USPS, so it will hopefully go out on a truck soon). I can't wait. Unless I can find another LCE in a store somewhere.

Cedhed
Feb 27, 2006
Whee!

A5H posted:

UK or US?

US. Sorry, should have specified.

Cedhed fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 11, 2011

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Falken posted:

Remember that the LF-A and 458 Italia are both reward cars for the career mode too.

Thanks for the reminder. I was about to come begging the thread.

Do your Forzabux from FM3 transfer over at all?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GOD IS BED posted:

Thanks for the reminder. I was about to come begging the thread.

Do your Forzabux from FM3 transfer over at all?

No, but you do get bonus credits based on your driver level in F3, up to 60,000.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Woop! My Pre-order RX-7 Unicorn was gifted to me. SO loving READY FOR THIS.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh nevermind, USPS accepted my LCE in DALLAS. Why couldn't they at least take it to USPS in San Antonio, you know, where I live. It'll probably be a couple days now. :smith:

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009
Does anyone have an extra RX-7 spirit R or LF-A still?

Would be nice having that rotary right away, GT Wanderer512

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
RX-7 Spirit is a unicorn, no one can give it to you.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I'd like an lfa if people are gifting. Don lapre on Xbox live.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

RX-7 Spirit is a unicorn, no one can give it to you.

Ohh yeah, just saw it on the list, forgot it was one too.. Been a few months since I played FM3.. now I remember back when it first came out playing online constantly trying to find 'em

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Work is gonna take so god drat long tomorrow, I swear

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Finally got shipping notification from Amazon, but UPS either delivers by noon or not until 5-6pm, and I'll be home all day waiting :f5:

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

pvax posted:

Oh my dear god .... I am crying tears of joy while my ears bleed red nectar.

This clip is almost NWS because of how sexy it sounds

This is the coolest loving thing, my god I can't wait for this game.

I bought myself a Mad Catz MC2 and made myself a ghetto-fab cockpit until I can get my hands on one of those fancy CSR elite wheels.

Sawhorse w/ 5 in cut and bracketed to a piece of plywood, Gorilla tape gripping the pedals and wheel. Speed and class.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
Just added my name to list. Hopefully I can hop online this time and enjoy some bumper to bumper action!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Sorry if this has been addressed, but how does this game handle stuff like a car having really good TCS coming out of the factory? For instance, the new McLaren is supposed to have fantastic traction control. Is there going to be a setting that basically allows us to use TCS for cars that actually have it? (And have an option for this in multiplayer as well?)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Brownie posted:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but how does this game handle stuff like a car having really good TCS coming out of the factory? For instance, the new McLaren is supposed to have fantastic traction control. Is there going to be a setting that basically allows us to use TCS for cars that actually have it? (And have an option for this in multiplayer as well?)

No sir.

If you have manual clutch and hop in a paddle gear car, you still gotta clutch.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Ziploc posted:

No sir.

If you have manual clutch and hop in a paddle gear car, you still gotta clutch.

He's not asking about the type of transmission, rather about factory Traction Control Systems. In some cars you can't fully turn off the cars tcs, I think the MPC-12 is one of those cars.

I belive in the TCS description it talks about in-game traction control aids, but it's a pretty good question. Because cars like the GT-R are monsters because of their amazing TCS/AWD systems. I think you're able to turn off the system in the GT-R but it still aids in assists, either way it's not like it's a 'no fun' type thing in this particular cars, like in many others.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Morphix posted:

He's not asking about the type of transmission, rather about factory Traction Control Systems. In some cars you can't fully turn off the cars tcs, I think the MPC-12 is one of those cars.

I belive in the TCS description it talks about in-game traction control aids, but it's a pretty good question. Because cars like the GT-R are monsters because of their amazing TCS/AWD systems. I think you're able to turn off the system in the GT-R but it still aids in assists, either way it's not like it's a 'no fun' type thing in this particular cars, like in many others.

The answer doesn't change, sadly. They have traction control as an assist, and it's not individually modeled for each car.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
My Forza 4 was shipped on the 7th, being Thanksgiving weekend I knew it wouldn't get here today. Its at a distribution center 2 hours away so I hope ill get it tomorrow.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
I wouldn't mind getting on the gift train for the LFA, maybe when you US goons get your copy and are done with it you could send one forward to me? I'll happily send it on again from there.

GT: maxS13

And Sunday Punch, I'm coming for you(r BMW time), although I've got things on tonight. Curse having a life!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Day Man posted:

The answer doesn't change, sadly. They have traction control as an assist, and it's not individually modeled for each car.

I've been curious about this too. I'm not sure cars like the McLaren, 599, etc are really meant to be driven with the TCS completely off. My guess is that the traction control/stability control are just set for each car however, and the car with them turned off is close to how it was originally modeled, which was probably with some sort of electronic aid?

hojusimpson
Mar 30, 2011
With one person's concept of great/average/poor being different from another's, should we include our approximate lap times or Rival mode rankings in the file rather than the occasional vague description?

The thread might get crazy these next few weeks so, in addition to time zone differences, this addition could save similarly talented folks from getting embarrassed, frustrated and/or both. It could also help people find equally skilled people for the purposes of the car club, considering we will have to work around the limits imposed by Turn 10.

fake edit: I certainly don't wish to disparage the creators of the spreadsheet; it's fantastic and you all have done an incredible job on it thus far. Also, if someone suggested this already or it is considered a bad idea, sorry. Take out your frustration on my Rivals ghost.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Oh my god you guys. My game hasn't shipped, but that's actually because I'm getting it from the store myself. I'll go into work probably right after I drop the kids off at the bus, because really, when I go back home I really just spend like 45 minutes there drinking coffee and reading the Kindle. So I'll be doing some tech support stuff probably, and maybe working on some presentations. Then if I have time around lunch I'll head over to Village Crossing, where the Best Buy is, and pick up the game. Then when I get home I may try it out before the kids go to sleep, but I'll at least install the 2nd disc and download all the extra stuff that comes in the box.

Okay but don't hold me to that because you know what they say about making plans and god laughing right

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Residency Evil posted:

I've been curious about this too. I'm not sure cars like the McLaren, 599, etc are really meant to be driven with the TCS completely off. My guess is that the traction control/stability control are just set for each car however, and the car with them turned off is close to how it was originally modeled, which was probably with some sort of electronic aid?

This irks me a bit. There are many cars at all levels from family sedans to racers that have on-board systems as part of the experience. Some of these cars are not meant to be driven except with specific aids per factory. ABS is another biggie, it's just not available for some cars, while it's not un-available on others. It would be nice if they would at least include a "factory" option that limits your assists to standard choices.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Day Man posted:

Seems like a missed opportunity, but I guess we'll see how the MP4-12C performs in game tomorrow! It seems weird to make it an Autovista car and animate how every goddamn door and hatch opens on the thing but not tackle the amazing TCS that makes it such a good car.

Also I'm sorry my question was worded so poorly, my bad. I was just asking how the traction control systems that allow certain cars to handle as well as they do (and are actually the thing that sets them apart from their competitors) will be handled in game with the assist off.

EDIT: A "factory" setting is exactly what I was thinking of. I guess in the end it's simply too much time/work/money to try to properly model the individual TCS and ABS systems in all 500 or whatever cars.

Brownie fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 11, 2011

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Brownie posted:

EDIT: A "factory" setting is exactly what I was thinking of. I guess in the end it's simply too much time/work/money to try to properly model the individual TCS and ABS systems in all 500 or whatever cars.

I have a feeling it could be as simple as checking to see if TCS and ABS is enabled or disabled by the user and then checking it against the "factory" settings on the car.

Then again there are so many cars that a lot of players probably won't know which cars had what, or even turn on/off TCS ABS.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TannhauserGate posted:

This irks me a bit. There are many cars at all levels from family sedans to racers that have on-board systems as part of the experience. Some of these cars are not meant to be driven except with specific aids per factory. ABS is another biggie, it's just not available for some cars, while it's not un-available on others. It would be nice if they would at least include a "factory" option that limits your assists to standard choices.

This is what I've been wanting for months now. A "factory" option. Each car would have things that are available to it. So if you drive with all assists off, the car will turn off whatever assists you would be able to turn off in the real car (or not have them if the car doesn't have them). That way if you are driving a car that is obviously automatic, it would be automatic, and could never be manual. If you can't turn off the ABS in a car, it can't be turned off in game. Though, I suppose if you buy race parts, you'd be able to change what the car can do. Race transmission would be manual, race brakes could turn off ABS and traction control and all that. But if you are driving in a stock, standard car, you shouldn't be able to get an advantage over someone else by doing something that the car can't do.

Sure it wouldn't be perfect, because not every assist and transmission is modeled exactly as it is in the real car, but we have that problem now anyway. It's just annoying that I got into a jaguar that said "P R N D 2 1" on the gauge cluster and I could drive it with a manual with a clutch. Or maybe just a per car setting or per class setting. I like to drive without traction control in almost all classes, but I like it in R1 because those cars have so much power, they need TCS anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you were forced to drive with ABS and TCS on some cars, most sim racing fans would throw an absolute fit and refuse to buy the game, claiming it wasn't a sim.

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

If you were forced to drive with ABS and TCS on some cars, most sim racing fans would throw an absolute fit and refuse to buy the game, claiming it wasn't a sim.

Maybe they could make it so when you upgrade to racing brakes, they remove the ABS systems.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The funny thing is that it would be a sim, since it is simulating the car.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

The funny thing is that it would be a sim, since it is simulating the car.

I really think you would have a hard time convincing a lot of the hardcore sim fans that though. I spend quite a bit of time on sim racing forums, and they can get angry pretty easily, over the dumbest things. To be fair, these people are impossible to please, so Turn-10 should just do what they think is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I would at least expect a "stock" option for muscle cars and anything else from that era. Even though this would basically be the same as turning off TCS and ABS yourself, calling it "stock" seems cooler.

• Locked thread