Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Biodome posted:

Is multiplayer broken or something. I haven't been summoned once or even seen another players summon thing. I'm at the part where I fight a Moonlight Butterfly or something right now and haven't been able to do any co-op yet.

It doesn't work very well because it's peer-to-peer and if you're on the 360 you're working with a smaller playerbase so it's even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Oh wow. On my way out to farm rats I remember I hadn't killed that golden knight guy. Killing him gave me 5 humanity!

And O&S experts around?

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Filthy Monkey posted:

The main things you are missing out on are boss soul items and lightning weapons. Those are pretty major things though.

Crowbear posted:

It's 2000 souls per soul level.

And he does lightning and crystal weapons, and is the only blacksmith that can do boss soul weapons.

Alright, time to get to work then. That'll teach me to gently caress around and roll when I don't need to.

Viash
Mar 17, 2003
I've been wearing the drop rate+ ring 100% of the time outside of boss fights since I got it, and I'm swimming in humanity consumables. Now I pretty much walk around in human form all the time because why not. Much earlier in the game I joined the forest covenant just long enough to buy some stuff from Shiva and then kill his ninja for his ring. This must have been a serious sin because I have darkmoon dudes after me constantly. :black101:

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

Ralconn posted:

Well I think I just got the best PvP kill in the first area of the catacombs. There is a bridge that you have to turn to get to the other side that you can turn and then unturn. Well somehow I got ahead of the guy in the level so I went to the lever where you turn the bridge. The guy was oblivious to the fact I was by the lever and just went across the bridge and I turned it and watched him fall to his death. Then I got indicted. :c00l:

Hahaha, that is amazing. Wow, just think of the trolling you could do with lever stuff like that...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So the MP is semi broke on PS3 right? I have only been summoned once but don't seem to have a problem summoning people. Why the gently caress is this happening i must have put my stone down 30 times throughout the game and no one ever summons me.

I am completely boned right now and need humanity. This sucks. Is there any way I can actually get this to work.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
^^^^
The only time I've had summoning problems was in areas where I was too high leveled for the average player in that region. I'm SL60 in Anor Londo/Painted World and I'm having no problems finding summons or getting summoned.

Phoix posted:

It doesn't work very well because it's peer-to-peer and if you're on the 360 you're working with a smaller playerbase so it's even worse.

The Japanese PS3 players definitely help out a ton. I'd say at least half of the guys I've summoned/am summoned by are named poo poo like Konotsu-chan.

Hell Diver fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 11, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Viash posted:

I've been wearing the drop rate+ ring 100% of the time outside of boss fights since I got it, and I'm swimming in humanity consumables. Now I pretty much walk around in human form all the time because why not. Much earlier in the game I joined the forest covenant just long enough to buy some stuff from Shiva and then kill his ninja for his ring. This must have been a serious sin because I have darkmoon dudes after me constantly. :black101:
Where do I get that ring? Loot :swoon:

darkOcean
Jul 22, 2010

I'm a stormy night;
You're a rainbow
Haven't had a single legit cat covenant summoning yet. This poo poo is broke as gently caress. Are there no SL equalizations in place for this or something?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I am so mad I didn't get the drake sword like two days ago. This changes everything!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

axleblaze posted:

I am so mad I didn't get the drake sword like two days ago. This changes everything!
I haven't been using it because a) I don't feel like getting 16 str and b) everyone uses it and it makes it too easy, apparently. Gotta use my straight sword forever.

On a related note, is there any good place to get Twinkling Titanite?

Sumixam
Jun 9, 2004

Always got to wash them at their ends.

axleblaze posted:

Me too. I'm a wanderer at 14 strength. Is it worth it to get to 16 str to one-hand it? For reference I'm at 14 vitality and endurance, 17 dexterity.

Viash
Mar 17, 2003

Elysiume posted:

Where do I get that ring? Loot :swoon:

Sen's Foretress. In the second room you encounter boulders, the first one inside. It's at the very bottom of it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Managed to beat that drat Capra Demon after being disgustingly careful with my Rapier +2 and Knight Shield. Goddamn that fight is awful.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

I don't suppose anyone has use for 70 purging stones... been farming twinkling titanite and I got a shitton of them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Viash posted:

Sen's Foretress.
Too far. Guess I'll relax with my awesome ring and terrible ring for a while.

sentrygun posted:

Managed to beat that drat Capra Demon after being disgustingly careful with my Rapier +2 and Knight Shield. Goddamn that fight is awful.
The biggest problem I have is the goddamn trees and poo poo that block my camera, all the time.

What level do people usually do gargoyles? Am I wasting my time dropping my sigil here? I wish I got summoned more frequently. I don't like Capra because I have nothing to do while my sigil is down, but at the church I can drop the sigil and then wipe the place, rinse and repeat.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Sumixam posted:

Me too. I'm a wanderer at 14 strength. Is it worth it to get to 16 str to one-hand it? For reference I'm at 14 vitality and endurance, 17 dexterity.
Yeah, it is worth it. One-handing it will make a lot of things easier. 16 strength lets you use a pretty good greatshield too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hell Diver posted:

^^^^
The only time I've had summoning problems was in areas where I was too high leveled for the average player in that region. I'm SL60 in Anor Londo/Painted World and I'm having no problems finding summons or getting summoned.

Im 33 in Blight town which seems pretty normal? I have had this problem at every boss. I just cannot get summoned it's so frustrating.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Im 33 in Blight town which seems pretty normal? I have had this problem at every boss. I just cannot get summoned it's so frustrating.
30s is about right for putting down your sign in blighttown. If anything, you might even want to get a couple more levels. A lot of people I saw doing it were in the higher thirties.

I wish more people would soapstone down in new londo ruins. I am having a tough time finding companions at 56.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 11, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is 28 way too high to help with gargoyles?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

NESguerilla posted:

Hmm.. I was doing that earlier today and had to problem getting summoned/summoning. I helped two people finish it and then brought a person in to help me. I think I failed 1 summon, but that was it. The only time I have had problems with it was like the first day.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Probably. I would say gaping dragon around 28 will find you a lot more takers.

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped
I'm currently camping Gaping Dragon at 17 and getting summoned once every fifteen minutes or so, so yeah probably. At 17 should I be trying to help with the capra demon instead? I've had no luck getting summoned there, maybe that was just bad luck.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Elysiume posted:

Yea that's a bit high I think. You're probably about right for Gaping Dragon though.

Also I know someone said the guide says its +/- 10 levels to connect to someone, but Namco Bandai specifically said +/- 10%, and given that there are a few other errors in the guide I'm more inclined to believe NB.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
So I just started my second dude (wanderer), any character builds out there? There's gotta be some Japanese wiki with a bunch of character builds somewhere right?

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
YEEEAAAH Just beat the poo poo out of Quelaag with a two-handed Black Knight Sword, with > 50% roll! I didn't even know I was over >50% because I forgot that I took of Havel's Ring, so totally feeling like a boss now knowing that I gimped myself on that fight for no reason

MMania
May 7, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

30s is about right for putting down your sign in blighttown. If anything, you might even want to get a couple more levels. A lot of people I saw doing it were in the higher thirties.

I wish more people would soapstone down in new londo ruins. I am having a tough time finding companions at 56.

Was thinking we could make multiplayer a lot easier if there was a "recommended level" for each boss, sat around in front of gaping demon for a while tonight and only got two bites. It's only +/- two levels at that point so it's very easy to be over or under-levelled compared to others. Will help out people having difficulty with bosses and for those who have run out of humanity they can get summoned in and pick one up. Oh, and also so I can get into the Warrior of Sunlight covenant without 50 faith.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007

Guliani is HOT posted:

So I just got invaded by this dude and I think he cast an AoE like the Stone Giants in Darkwood Forest. What's the name of that and is there any way to avoid it?

Sounds like he casted Tranquil Walk of Peace. I'm pretty sure you get it somewhere in the Catacombs. Memory further suggests to me that it's at the base of one of the fake grave pitfalls. It is a miracle spell.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Guliani is HOT posted:

So I just started my second dude (wanderer), any character builds out there? There's gotta be some Japanese wiki with a bunch of character builds somewhere right?

Find out what weapons and armor you want. Get the minimum stats required to use them. Put the rest into endurance and maybe some vitality, only up to the level that you should be for whatever area you are in.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Volitaire posted:

Yea that's a bit high I think. You're probably about right for Gaping Dragon though.

Also I know someone said the guide says its +/- 10 levels to connect to someone, but Namco Bandai specifically said +/- 10%, and given that there are a few other errors in the guide I'm more inclined to believe NB.
Yeah, I thought it was +/- 10%, based on experience. In that case there's no way level 26s are fighting gargoyles. Alas.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Filthy Monkey posted:

Probably. I would say gaping dragon around 28 will find you a lot more takers.
The last guy I invaded in Sens was in his 60s, using standard knight armor and a drake sword, how does this happen? :iiam:

Least I know some people are way too focused on levels to notice their terrible gear.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok, so I'm finding myself in the rare position of being human. To invade worlds or join other worlds, I just lay the white soapstone/cracked redeye and wait? Is that it? I sure would like to try this online portion of the game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Smelly posted:

The last guy I invaded in Sens was in his 60s, using standard knight armor and a drake sword, how does this happen? :iiam:

Least I know some people are way too focused on levels to notice their terrible gear.
I focus my gear. I'll spend thousands to upgrade it, because it means that I can stay on lower level content and still get stronger. The first new armor I got was the leather from Gaping Dragon, and I +4'd it. Now I am strong. :black101:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Elysiume posted:

I focus my gear. I'll spend thousands to upgrade it, because it means that I can stay on lower level content and still get stronger. The first new armor I got was the leather from Gaping Dragon, and I +4'd it. Now I am strong. :black101:
I focus my gear as well, but the drake sword at 60+ is pushing it I think.

That thing lost it's usefulness around 20 for me once I got ahold of more stones to up my longsword/became a gravelord.

Anyone going for big weapons needs to go become a gravelord, that weapon is so mean.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok, so I'm finding myself in the rare position of being human. To invade worlds or join other worlds, I just lay the white soapstone/cracked redeye and wait? Is that it? I sure would like to try this online portion of the game.

As a human you can summon others. You can be summoned as a hollow or human.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gildiss posted:

As a human you can summon others. You can be summoned as a hollow or human.

So do I just wait here at my summon sign? Nothing's happening... (I am on Xbox if that matters)

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I can't decide if I want to start as a Cleric or Bandit. The Bandit looks tough with that axe and spider shield but I'd like to start off with a Miracle. Also is it worth it to grab the Master Key gift?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
If you go around the back way to get behind the forest door can you open it up?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Guliani is HOT posted:

If you go around the back way to get behind the forest door can you open it up?
Nope, gotta cough up the 20k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
What level are people fighting Ornstein and Smough? I'm 62 and I'm somehow still getting summoned.

• Locked thread