Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.
If anyone still has an LFA I'll gladly take one; GT is my username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Grats on getting your game shipped finally, I seriously hope this happens to me as well since I distinctly remember you and I going through the exact same bullshit simultaneously :ohdear:

If you don't get one, I'll gift you mine (because I'm a hooligan and totally satisfied with just a WRX)

BMW/Best Buy Bullshit Blood Brothers :respek:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

blodycoughbynewport posted:

BMW/Best Buy Bullshit Blood Brothers :respek:

Haha, for real :v::respek::v:

Did they send your code in a e-mail? Or on XBL?

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Haha, for real :v::respek::v:

Did they send your code in a e-mail? Or on XBL?

They sent me an email at 1AM, but I didn't finalize the cancellation until earlier yesterday, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Oh that was probably what did it because I called them the day they cancelled it and told them to shove it, heh.

Also do we know how the pre-order cars are going to work? Are they going to be available to buy in the game or later on? 'cause I don't wanna accept your code if that means you're gonna miss out on driving the 1M yourself, that'd be just rude :D

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I want a 1M. None of the places here had it as a preorder bonus :(

Preorder cars are not in the game. At least, they're not in their respective dealers. I'm going with "on-disc DLC that's unlockable using a code".

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Yeah luckily GAME Australia 1. were still accepting preorders 2. were asking $98 for the LCE 3. had the 1M for the bonus car. It's pretty much the only one I really wanted!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Goddamn I can breath again. I already got the BMW and season pass from the storefront and the game wont be here for days yet. I'm such a whore for this game :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Got my Best Buy code in my email, redeemed that bitch already. Game is due at my front door at 10:30 am.

Is the season pass worth it?

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I may have made a mistake ordering the LCE from Gamestop UK without making an account - I literally have no idea on the status of my order.

So this Friday might be a really great end-of-work weekend, or it might be hugely depressing :downs:

andyf fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 11, 2011

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Joining the "Best Buy canceled my LCE so I got it from target instead but they still sent me my BMW 1M :smug:" crowd.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Holy crap the GAME pre-order went through! IT SHIPPED gently caress I'M SO EXCITED! Now begins the long wait til next Tuesday or so.

God drat international shipping :argh:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So where is the best place to try and pickup a LCE from instore? Best buy/walmart/target/gamestop??

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Can't play this until I'm done with class at 3. I'm also paranoid that Gamestop will pull a Best Buy with my poo poo, even though I know they won't.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I've never seen so much pre-release drama for a game. Cancelled preorders. Delayed shipping. And all this during a national holiday for you Americans.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

5 hours till I can pick up my LCE.
*stares at clock*

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Fortunate: I got around a bit early this morning and went to Walmart before work (out of my way). They had the game, but the guy who unlocked the case let me know but they had a small stack of 6-7 LCEs at the bottom - I couldn't resist.

Unfortunate: It's my anniversary today and having a newborn means I'll never get to play ever. But hey, at least I spent that extra $20! :)

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Start that kid young. He has 16 years for you to wean him off all those assists and turn him into a proper race driver.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I hadn't even pre-ordered this game until the other day but now you guys are making me want to go get the CE.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
I have a meeting at 10 and can't pick up my LCE when the store opens :argh:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Why can't UPS ever drop my stuff off early in the day, why is it always late at night :ohdear:

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sweeper posted:

Why can't UPS ever drop my stuff off early in the day, why is it always late at night :ohdear:

Dear UPS man your hub is less than 15 minutes from my house, everyone else can wait please deliver my video game thank you.

ugh I hope it gets here by 10

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Sweeper posted:

Means you're at the tail end of the guys route, to get things earlier you'd have to move closer to their hub. Or become a business because then they'll deliver stuff early in the morning as well since to UPS Business > Personal

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I need to go pick this up today. Too many games this month!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

kombatMedik posted:

Is the season pass worth it?

Seconding this, and does anyone have any opinions on selling the amazon pre-order STI on Ebay?

I kind of regret not doing that when I bought Mortal Kombat, it looks like they are going for about $20. Is this something that might be able to be purchased with the season pass?

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Just got an email from Play.com that my Forza 4 normal edition has shipped.

Yes, that's right, I completely forgot I pre-ordered it from Play ages ago and then went and pre-ordered an LCE copy from Gamestop :downs:

fluffzilla
Mar 20, 2007
Well, my LCE preorder hasn't shipped yet but I'm way too excited already. GT is fluffmastaflex, shoot me a message to race in a day or so. For now, I'm going to go back to refreshing the order info every few minutes hoping that this will speed up my shipment.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Sweeper posted:

We're in the same boat UPS buddy. Last night UPS dropped off a package to me at nearly 8 pm :(

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
TRACKING DETAILS

PIN XXXXXXXXXX
Status On vehicle for delivery
Date/Time OCTOBER 11, 2011 AT 08:07

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hey Walmart, how's my order coming:

quote:

Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Tuesday, 10/18/2011 and Thursday, 10/20/2011.

Oh. Guess I should have gotten release shipping.

So if anyone wants to send me an LFA when they're done with it, I'd be thankful. Or if anyone wants to trade for the pre-order Mini.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I wish they'd let you pick your LCE bonus vendor car, whooooopieeeeee a mini clubman :(

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Fraser CDN posted:

TRACKING DETAILS

PIN XXXXXXXXXX
Status On vehicle for delivery
Date/Time OCTOBER 11, 2011 AT 08:07

I don't want to be a backseat mod, but let's not turn the thread into a delivery tracking service :(

Rather talk about how awesome the game is, when you get it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

dreesemonkey posted:

I wish they'd let you pick your LCE bonus vendor car, whooooopieeeeee a mini clubman :(

I wish they'd email mine so I can stop worrying BestBuy hosed up something else.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
And now, the countdown till quittin' time :3:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hello Spaceman posted:

Rather talk about how awesome the game is, when you get it.

No please don't do this, it'll make these last 5 hours take even longer than they already are :(

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

j3rkstore posted:

You'll be pleasantly surprised with the bonus book that comes with it. I honestly couldn't tell at first which pictures inside are photographs or game renders.

Also, it comes with a Top Gear window clingy thing! :haw:

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 11, 2011

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

j3rkstore posted:

Is the BMW cover just a shiny paper box with the game case and the book in there or is it something fancier?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Is the BMW cover just a shiny paper box with the game case and the book in there or is it something fancier?
Just a shiny paper box, since the LCE box is really a tin-case with Forza 4 on it.

I said screw it to DeepDiscount's shipping since they still hadn't shipped my LCE copy and went to a local Walmart to get one of their only 2 available copies.

edit: Also in the code sheet for the LCE what the hell is the Limited Edition Track Pack?

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

My ex-wife just picked me up a copy of the LE at the local Best Buy. She said they had a whole bunch. This is why I never bother to pre-order or buy online, I never seem to have any trouble finding games in stores on release day.

Now I just wish she would hurry up and get here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

real_scud posted:

edit: Also in the code sheet for the LCE what the hell is the Limited Edition Track Pack?

Benchmark, I think. Which is kinda stupid because Benchmark is great to dick around on and everyone should have access to it.

• Locked thread