Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
What the gently caress? I put in disk 1 and install it (I don't see any option for installing disk 2 like my manual says), then I put in disk 2 and I try to play it and it tells me to insert disk 1. What the hell did I do wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Installing disk 2 is literally an option on the main menu until you install it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After all the hubbub about there being no more LCEs left anywhere, I checked at the BX after getting my flu shot, only regular editions. I checked walmart after work, nothing. Check out best Buy, two copies of the LCE there, so I snatch one up and am installing now. The one in the mail is probably just going in the closet.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks, I just saw that too. I figured when it said main menu it was talking about the xbox dashboard.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I made a club since apparently no one in IRC knows of any. :siren:The club tag is LLJK:siren: You can search for it in the club menu.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
So I immediately redeemed all my codes and downloaded all the DLC. But in the dealership the new blue M5 is still DLC.

Is this normal?

EDIT: I have a LCE.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Went to grab a copy of the LE from gamestop with no preorder, and they didnt have any left for non-preorders. Best Buy across the street still had 3 on the shelf though, so no big deal. There is still hope for you guys looking for an LE.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Ziploc posted:

So I immediately redeemed all my codes and downloaded all the DLC. But in the dealership the new blue M5 is still DLC.

Is this normal?

It's a separate free download yu can get through the market.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Day Man posted:

It's a separate free download yu can get through the market.

I thought it was odd since the car is on the cover but not on the disc. Crazy.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Partial Octopus posted:

I made a club since apparently no one in IRC knows of any. :siren:The club tag is LLJK:siren: You can search for it in the club menu.

Just tossed my LF-A into the club garage. You jerks better bring it back in one piece, you hear me?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Made it to level 20. 2% complete. :negative:

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Not to try and turn this into a "please post X screenshot" thread, but uh. Is there some reason not a goddamn one of you has posted a matte black Camaro yet? Huh? :colbert:

So good first impressions from people? Its frustrating having to wait till friday, but I suppose thats the first chance I'll get to play it anyway even if I had it right now.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Made the top 1% in The Reasonably Priced car :clint:

Let's see how long it lasts...

Can't wait to see some of the crazy times people are gonna get in the Top Gear Nurburgring challenge. Definitely my favorite of all the Rivals so far it's too crazy.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Remember people, install disk 2 from the disk 1 main menu otherwise it won't work right.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Can anyone with the game confirm whether you need a Gold Live subscription to access rivals mode?

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

webmeister posted:

Can anyone with the game confirm whether you need a Gold Live subscription to access rivals mode?

I wont have the game till tomorrow but im going to assume that yes you do. Forza 3 wouldnt even upload your laptimes to the leaderboard if you only had silver.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

webmeister posted:

Probably man. Online play of any kind usually requires Gold.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Residency Evil posted:

I heard that World Tour Mode no longer knocks out anything from the event list ... Can you confirm or deny?

VVVVVV

Ahh .. that makes sense. Since it's structured by track now.

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 12, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

pvax posted:

I heard that World Tour Mode no longer knocks out anything from the event list ... Can you confirm or deny?

It does, just one race at a time instead of doing the entire series at once.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I'd love a club invite of some kind. I'm not picky. Not great, but I can hold my own in anything under s class. Ill be playing a ton over the next month, Gt: mangler103

Also, is there a post somewhere explaining how the turn and pass ratings work? Is it based on racing line alone or is it a mixture of racing line speed and control? I quickly got the achievements for 'perfect' turns and passes, but i didn't know how they worked.

And are those the only thing calculated in the race feats bonus at the end of a race or are there other factors?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Residency Evil posted:

You've made it to level 20 in how many hours played?

How much money have you earned in the game so far? Does it seem like you'll need to grind for cash like in GT5?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GreatGreen posted:

You've made it to level 20 in how many hours played?

How much money have you earned in the game so far? Does it seem like you'll need to grind for cash like in GT5?

I played 5, maybe 6 hours?

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
How do I get an invite to the club on the spreadsheet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kombatMedik posted:

Probably man. Online play of any kind usually requires Gold.

You didn't need gold for the demo, so that's why people are asking.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Fatrick posted:

How do I get an invite to the club on the spreadsheet?

Go to Community, My Club, Join Club and send an invite request to the club tag.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
God drat Best Buy didn't give me my preorder code. Motherfuckers.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Pudgygiant posted:

God drat Best Buy didn't give me my preorder code. Motherfuckers.

me either :argh:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You didn't need gold for the demo, so that's why people are asking.
Well yeah because they want to to subscribe.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Speaking of the Best Buy preorder 1M, I just got off the phone with them and they said that the sending of the code doesn't trigger until you pick up your copy at which point it'll be another 24-48h till you get the email with the code. God only knows why they didn't tell anyone that bought it since a lot of us have been pretty confused.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

BlazeKinser posted:

Go to Community, My Club, Join Club and send an invite request to the club tag.

Said it was not accepting requests, only by invitation

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Try again. It should be working. Tag is LLJK.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I went back in because it wasn't on my receipt and they did some mojo on the computer and got me my code on the receipt.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Trip report: Intro video is amazing. "Here is a one lap celebration of speed in the Bernese Alps" I can't imagine read by anyone except Ben Stein.

edit
Second trip report: If I quit the one lap speed celebration DON'T MAKE ME WATCH THE INTRO VIDEO AGAIN

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

Partial Octopus posted:

Try again. It should be working. Tag is LLJK.

I thought the GTCC was the spreadsheet car club.

Though you can join multiple car clubs, so this is not an issue

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

Ok, so I just got home with my Best Buy LCE, and I input the 3 DLC codes, and the first 2 downloaded normally, the 3rd one (the "Limited Edition DLC Content") code, gave me the option to download, but it didn't get added to my download queue. I tried re-entering the code, and it says it's been used. What exactly is it, as I can't even find it on the Forza 4 downloads menu.

I'm so confused, so much content, so little brain cells after work. Also, my friend got his Best Buy DLC code in like 10 minutes after picking it up.

edit- So it's the American Muscle Pack? Which still shows as 560 points on the list.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Binge posted:

Ok, so I just got home with my Best Buy LCE, and I input the 3 DLC codes, and the first 2 downloaded normally, the 3rd one (the "Limited Edition DLC Content") code, gave me the option to download, but it didn't get added to my download queue. I tried re-entering the code, and it says it's been used. What exactly is it, as I can't even find it on the Forza 4 downloads menu.

I'm so confused, so much content, so little brain cells after work. Also, my friend got his Best Buy DLC code in like 10 minutes after picking it up.

edit- So it's the American Muscle Pack? Which still shows as 560 points on the list.

It's the same data as the launch day pack. it will unlock the poo poo in game, but it only downloads the data once.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!
I apologize if you hate rage comics but it's the best way to explain how I felt when it happened. I love this game.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Internet Victory posted:

I apologize if you hate rage comics but it's the best way to explain how I felt when it happened. I love this game.

Did you do that from a standing start with no assists? Because the stig did. :colbert:

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!

Day Man posted:

Did you do that from a standing start with no assists? Because the stig did. :colbert:

Yes of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I'm still looking for an answer to my earlier question about the AI:

quote:

the last assists I still use ("Normal" steering, manual w/o clutch)
On a similar note is there no longer an option to set AI difficulty? What's the deal with AI this time around anyway?

Another question I have is since I got the American Muscle DLC as Launch Bonus but bought the season pass and essentially double bought that content, wasn't I supposed to receive some in-game credits or something?

• Locked thread