Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is Frampt this giant head or something else? I want to know who to avoid so I can join Darkwraiths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone using Divine Weapons? I made a Divine Demon's Axe +5 and it's worse than its normal +5. It's also becoming hard to justify any weapon outside of my Greater Dragon stuff which is just miles ahead in shear damage.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Elysiume posted:

I don't think I'd ever use the axe, it would just be a trophy. It's nice to know it sucks, though. It's taking me 5+ minutes to get a summon now, so I think I might level up to 30, and then if I go a long time without getting summoned, I'll just deal with my terror and enter Blighttown. Stupid 13 humanity that I can't spend or otherwise stow away. :argh:

Can anyone else remember what SL they did Gaping Dragon at?

I just did it at SL 26 solo. The hit detection on the tail seems touchy, I fought him five times and only twice managed to cut off the tail, despite hitting that area the whole fight. Then again, I'm not exactly a pro at the game so I might just be doing it wrong.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mayor McCheese posted:

Is anyone using Divine Weapons? I made a Divine Demon's Axe +5 and it's worse than its normal +5. It's also becoming hard to justify any weapon outside of my Greater Dragon stuff which is just miles ahead in shear damage.
Keep it with you so you can keep skeletons down. The graveyard loving sucks.

Valen posted:

I just did it at SL 26 solo. The hit detection on the tail seems touchy, I fought him five times and only twice managed to cut off the tail, despite hitting that area the whole fight. Then again, I'm not exactly a pro at the game so I might just be doing it wrong.
Hit it near the base and it will fall off.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Valen posted:

You need to hit it pretty high up. I found the claymore to be the most effective.

And just as I'm about to give up on being summoned, I get summoned. What are these people doing that they aren't getting Solarion? Either way, I think I might just level to 30. Maybe the people who get help tend to grind more before bosses?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Is Frampt this giant head or something else? I want to know who to avoid so I can join Darkwraiths.

Teeth.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gyoru posted:

Teeth.
Grinding teeth. Always grinding.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

Gyoru posted:

Teeth.

In the pool?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

Keep it with you so you can keep skeletons down. The graveyard loving sucks.

Are there more skeletons in the game outside of the Fireshrine? I haven't bumped into any yet that I can think of.

Hit Frampt when he's sleeping :ssh:

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 12, 2011

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

dongsweep posted:

What the hell? I finally got the second fire soul to up my potions and the old turd is 'dead' Did I do something to cause this? Is there another way to upgrade my Estos?

Pick up all the stuff there from the firekeeper. That fire is going to be out for a while. Assuming you're about to ring the second bell, you've got about 3 areas worth of stuff before you can avenge/revive her.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Mayor McCheese posted:

Are there more skeletons in the game outside of the Fireshrine? I haven't bumped into any yet that I can think of.

...you haven't tried walking past the graveyard yet, have you?

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

DeathSandwich posted:

Pick up all the stuff there from the firekeeper. That fire is going to be out for a while. Assuming you're about to ring the second bell, you've got about 3 areas worth of stuff before you can avenge/revive her.

Already rang the second bell, I was stuck in blighttown for a very very long time. Glad to be back outside just to find out that my favorite fire is gone and people are murdering each other.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mayor McCheese posted:

Hit Frampt when he's sleeping
So many skeletons. Infinity skeletons. Regenerating skeletons. Big skeletons. Small skeletons. Dog skeletons. Wheel skeletons. Skeletons until you want to scream.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Any idea what I should put stat points into? I have 40 endurance, 25 str, 13 dex, 23 vit (just put 3 points into it because I couldn't figure out what else to do). I was thinking just getting vit to 40, because that's like another 500 hp from where I am now. I was also thinking dex for the fury sword...but it's pretty good now and I can upgrade it 3 more times. Any suggestions?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I walked into the pool area outside the graveyard one time and heard snoring but couldn't find the source. What was that?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Regarding the NPCs and their various plotlines:

Is it possible to save everyone? Considering you can save Solaire by joining the Chaos Covenant and killing the enemies there, I wonder if you can do the same for the other characters. I know you can save the onion-armor wearing characters by not letting them fight too.

If you tell Laurentius where you found your high level spells he'll go down to the swamp and promptly turn hollow. Can you go down there before he does, bash some heads and prevent him from turning?

Also what if you carry over the Firelink keeper's soul with you into NG+? Can you use that without having to kill Lautrec?

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

I walked into the pool area outside the graveyard one time and heard snoring but couldn't find the source. What was that?

You'll find out soon.

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR
So, I keep fighting Lautrec and it's like banging my head into a wall. If it was just him, it wouldn't be a problem, but, like every other cheating bastard you invade, he has two buddies. What am I doing wrong here?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Rollersnake posted:

...you haven't tried walking past the graveyard yet, have you?

No. :smith:
The first time I entered the shrine I ran through to collect all the loot and never went back outside of falling down into it by missing the jump on the way to the top of the spire.

I completely forgot about the Catacombs.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Nigulus Rex posted:

You'll find out soon.

Just don't attack it once you find out. :v:

Raibead posted:

I kicked Lautrec off the cliff he sits in front of after I heard about this. Worth it to save some trouble and because kicking people off cliffs will never get old. :black101:

Bad idea, as you screwed yourself out of a really good ring. You picked the only possible way to resolve this scenario that gets you no reward.

Raibead
May 8, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

I kicked Lautrec off the cliff he sits in front of after I heard about this. Worth it to save some trouble and because kicking people off cliffs will never get old. :black101:

Raibead fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 12, 2011

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

So many skeletons. Infinity skeletons. Regenerating skeletons. Big skeletons. Small skeletons. Dog skeletons. Wheel skeletons. Skeletons until you want to scream.

Wheel skeletons :argh:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Cakeequals posted:

So, I keep fighting Lautrec and it's like banging my head into a wall. If it was just him, it wouldn't be a problem, but, like every other cheating bastard you invade, he has two buddies. What am I doing wrong here?

Don't use lock-on and just circle the caster until you can get a backstab. After it dies, just let Lautrec roll at you and hit him during the animation.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Cakeequals posted:

I used bow+arrow from way up on the stairs to hit him. One of his companions came, the other got stuck on the steps. Then I abused the small width of the area we were standing on to fight them one at a time.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
okay someone tell me how the four kings is supposed to be a remotely winnable fight

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mayor McCheese posted:

I looked them up, and lo and behold, they're skeletons with wheels. I feel like that shouldn't surprise me, but for some reason it does.

Does anyone have that upgrade chart? I can't seem to track it down.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Heavy neutrino posted:

okay someone tell me how the four kings is supposed to be a remotely winnable fight

Two hand your weapon. Heaviest armour you've got. Relentless rushdown. Only stop to heal. It's pretty much the only way to do it

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Raibead posted:

Don't you miss out on the rest of his items and the bitchin' armour this way?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mayor McCheese posted:

KANG KANG KANG KANG KANG KANG *guard crush* *hit hit hit hit die*

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Elysiume posted:

I looked them up, and lo and behold, they're skeletons with wheels. I feel like that shouldn't surprise me, but for some reason it does.

I can see the justification for a Divine Weapon just for those little bastards.

Edit ^^^^ THISSS

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Shumagorath posted:

Don't you miss out on the rest of his items and the bitchin' armour this way?

Thats the thing, his armor really isn't *that* good. It looks nice but it doesn't do anything that the 90 other armor sets making GBS threads up my inventory do. And it upgrades off of twinkling titanite which just wont do.

Edit: While I'm talking armor sets, does anyone know where to get Dragonslayer Ornstein's armor? I seen a guy the other day using the helmet.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 12, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally discovered the area above the Hydra once you kill it... HOLY poo poo. This is nuts. I am pretty far in but never did this area. Finished Anor Londo, have some decent gear and one shot everything in the old world and can handle anything else with ease (except Catacombs, Demons Lair and now this).

The 3 cats were a pain in the rear end and killed my framerate when two of them charged me but they are dead. I decided to skip the boss and went the other way. The mushroom men are cool, they don't attack. Than I encounter real people... WOW, great AI but it's tough as poo poo. I get double teamed out my rear end, two or three of these guys are invisible and it's tough keeping the shield up with that. I can see why people like it for grinding but man, I need better weapons.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I kind of want to see how his storyline plays out, but NG+ onward I will definitely kick him off the edge and laugh.

Phonics
Apr 6, 2009

by XyloJW
PSA: Buy indictment from the NPC in the Bell Tower and use them if you get invaded so the book of the guilty actually works.

Sumixam
Jun 9, 2004

Always got to wash them at their ends.
What do I do with Lotrek?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Two questions:

1.) Is the gold-hemmed robe set worth upgrading?

2.) Can you upgrade it normally?

I'm thinking of maybe switching from the elite knight set to the robes and dropping Havel's Ring in favor of the hornet's ring. +crit on a +8 Uchigatana is pretty sweet. The leggings give better stats than my +3 elite knight leggings (somehow) and I believe that if I brought everything up to +3 it'd be better overall (except the poise) than the elite knight set.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

Phonics posted:

PSA: Buy indictment from the NPC in the Bell Tower and use them if you get invaded so the book of the guilty actually works.

Please.

I need people to invade. The New Londo Ruins are just so empty without me in your game hiding with Ghosts.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Deamon Ruins: I killed the Taurens but cannot seem to get this loot that's on the side of the wall, guarded by lava. I can't seem to run up to it. Any tips?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Sumixam posted:

What do I do with Lotrek?

Assuming you mean Lautrec: Let him commit his murder, deal w/o having the Firelink bonfire for awhile, then kill him and collect your bitchin ring and armor later on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Holy gently caress this game is brutal. I got it earlier today and have died countless times both on my way to the taurus and to the lead up to the boar. I knew what I was getting into but drat if I haven't threatened to return this loving game 10 times by now.

Also, gently caress the elites :( It seems like their pattern is very set wherein you attack them when they recoil from hitting your shield. Until they change that up completely and then attack you again immediately breaking any cycle they had before. poo poo.

• Locked thread