Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Pakled posted:

I voted for A because I don't like how some people in this thread are voting on how they want Azerbaijan to be 400 years in the future instead of based on current events and A is most likely to defeat them :colbert:

That is an odd thing to dislike. How else would you prefer people justify their vote? None of the choices are based on current events - a military choice would be available if so, because Russia gaining an Attack Azerbaijan mission is a huge red flag. But if it is gamey to vote based on a theme that has emerged for this particular LP - multiculturalism, liberalism, whatever - then it is doubly so to vote based on the mission that Russia has drawn.

You should vote for what you feel is best. Voting based on spite makes this feel like a real-life American election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I wonder how many votes C would have if everybody who voted something else because they saw C as a lost cause actually stood up for their ideals. I for one am willing to throw my vote into a cause I believe in. gently caress tolerance. We need money.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

- We need diplomacy and allies when Russia comes knocking
- Aram III is a coward so it seems that he would want to put some of the responsibilities on other people
- Time to set Azerbaijan's administrative structure into stone and make the Shura an official institution
- We are ALREADY the most tolerant country in the Islamic world by far, probably in the entire world, calm down a bit.

Also, updated the ruler tree with Nasir II, who was pretty awesome on all accounts. Made the background lighter, so everything should (?) be readable now.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/2KOx9.gif :nws: huge file warning as always

Preparing for an onslaught from the two headed eagle. Could sure use an Rafiq now.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 12, 2011

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Personally, I was aiming more at convincing the Sultan to do something diplomatically in the hope that he'll actually pay attention to getting other allies. Besides, I'm not really in favor of much expansion at the moment - I LIKE the idea of Azerbaijan as a middle-range regional power that relies more on soft diplomacy than empire.

Actually, there's a quick poll. How many of the folks here would want to see Azerbaijan expand significantly, and how many would prefer to see Azerbaijan's borders kept more or less as they currently are?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Darth Windu posted:

That is an odd thing to dislike. How else would you prefer people justify their vote? None of the choices are based on current events - a military choice would be available if so, because Russia gaining an Attack Azerbaijan mission is a huge red flag. But if it is gamey to vote based on a theme that has emerged for this particular LP - multiculturalism, liberalism, whatever - then it is doubly so to vote based on the mission that Russia has drawn.

You should vote for what you feel is best. Voting based on spite makes this feel like a real-life American election.

Even without knowing their mission, they just broke military access, which you usually only do when you're planing a war.

Plus the mission doesn't even need spies to view, so I assume it's fairly common knowledge among our diplomats and government.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

KnoxZone posted:

I wonder how many votes C would have if everybody who voted something else because they saw C as a lost cause actually stood up for their ideals. I for one am willing to throw my vote into a cause I believe in. gently caress tolerance. We need money.

:hfive:

Tolerance is freedom, and freedom is capitalism, and capitalism is MONEY!

IF YOU LIKE MONEY, STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU LIKE!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sod it, I'm switching my vote from
B
to

Inflation is really annoying in EU3 and it looks like most of the ways of mitigating it have been nerfed (including national bank).

[edit] and to you pragmatic people out there. The ready cash a bit of additional "free" minting will get us is more useful than a tiny increase to getting through a diplomatic request will be.

Btw Wiz, have you rebalanced sphere of influence bonuses?

Munin fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 13, 2011

Nepalese Robot
Feb 14, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Do you have autism or something

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

All the votes for A is a bit bizarre.

yermato
Feb 20, 2011

Seems to be the better choice.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tomn posted:

Personally, I was aiming more at convincing the Sultan to do something diplomatically in the hope that he'll actually pay attention to getting other allies. Besides, I'm not really in favor of much expansion at the moment - I LIKE the idea of Azerbaijan as a middle-range regional power that relies more on soft diplomacy than empire.

Actually, there's a quick poll. How many of the folks here would want to see Azerbaijan expand significantly, and how many would prefer to see Azerbaijan's borders kept more or less as they currently are?

I like Azerbaijan as it is, maybe push Armenia back a little and annex Erzerum, but mostly it's pretty awesome right now. We are already pretty big. WizMod also is good enough that we don't need to have our fingers in every pile to ensure a realistic outcome. Also, with our Tolerance(TM) we could establish ourself as an immigrant country punching above it's borders on a map when Vicky II rolls along - shame that EU III doesn't do immigration.

Though it would be cool to have some refugee events where Azerbaijani border provinces get +base tax or more people if some certain events happen in neighboring countries.

On the other hand, Russia isn't going anywhere. Might have to get

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Nepalese Robot posted:

Do you have autism or something

Do you?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Get the bank. Get it.

All you people voting diplomats are going to look pretty silly when those military alliances the diplomats broker don't get honored, and you know that will happen.

We are going to get rocked by the Russian juggernaut and we will need an economy that can buy as many wet naps as possible to clean our people's blood off the palace walls.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah, in gameplay terms, A is probably the least helpful. But whatever you know, this is what comes of lots of people who have no idea how to play this game voting.

You can choose your vote based on RP or in-character reasons other than tolerance, you know. The votes aren't just for national ideas, they're for how Wiz continues to play the game. The vote for the cabinet is a vote for Azeri 'soft power' and an attempt to obtain hegemony in the region through diplomacy, as well as maintaining a large coalition of allies so that we don't get killed all the time.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 12, 2011

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Tomn posted:

My fundamental instincts are expansionist: For all the 'neat borders' debates, I still maintain the neatest borders are the seas. Nonetheless, I'm trying to rein that in for the sake of Azerbaijan not conquering the world, although with all the exploits gone I'm not certain if it would be possible. So I'm torn between deliberately staying modestly-sized on the one hand and pushing the boundaries of the modifications to see how far we can go, because that may be necessary in giving us enough mileage to survive as a moderate power at all. I'm overall happy with Wiz's policy with going with the personality of the sultans, whilst hoping for a few magnificent bastards.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I'm agreeing with The Saurus, diplomacy to cage in the Bear.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Munin posted:

Sod it, I'm switching my vote from

to

Changing your vote is fine, just don't include two icons. Thank you!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Current Vote: 70 - 62 - 26

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 12, 2011

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Saurus posted:

You can choose your vote based on RP or in-character reasons other than tolerance, you know. The votes aren't just for national ideas, they're for how Wiz continues to play the game. The vote for the cabinet is a vote for Azeri 'soft power' and an attempt to obtain hegemony in the region through diplomacy, as well as maintaining a large coalition of allies so that we don't get killed all the time.

The people who are choosing A seem to largely justify it in response to Russian aggression.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm hoping that WizMod has something that doesn't make all of your allies abandon you instantly...right...?

...right?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

The people who are choosing A seem to largely justify it in response to Russian aggression.

Really? I put in my vote that I was voting A because, considering that we are Azerbaijani nobles, it would seem rather silly for us to support anything other than the Sultan having to permanently consult Azerbaijani nobles. Voting to increase our power. I agree that the actual gameplay bonuses are limited, but that's irrelevant.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I really wish Battlefield Commissions was on the table. I think we're going to need the generals.

In light of it not, losses to mercs are losses we don't have to replace.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Tolerance forever.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Bah lack of a decent Military Ruler.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
It's looking like B has far and away the most people voting for a unified purpose. Votes for A seem a lot more splintered.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

DarkCrawler posted:

Preparing for an onslaught from the two headed eagle. Could sure use an Rafiq now.
#flagchat; Would Russia still adopt the double-headed eagle in a world where the Byzantine Empire is still around? I guess they could claim to be heirs to the legitimate rulers in Cherson, but still.

e; Maybe use a flag where the Coat of Arms of Muscowy is more in focus for Victoria 2?

Kainser fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 12, 2011

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I just want to point out that a vote for A is a vote for Crete.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Also you can use two icons, just make sure it's [old vote] -> [new vote]. Still would prefer just one icon! (I know what you've voted for already)

68 - 62 - 27

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's still time for everyone to come to their senses and switch their votes to C.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Tomn posted:

I think we're pretty good right now. Maybe we'll annex Erzerum, but I don't really expect us to get into major wars of conquest.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There are limits to power, as those who put their hopes in a constitution always discover...Constitutions become the ultimate tyranny. They're organized power on such a scale as to be overwhelming. The constitution is social power mobilized and it has no conscience. It can crush the highest and the lowest, removing all dignity and individuality. It has an unstable balance point and no limitations. I, however, have limitations. In my desire to provide an ultimate protection for my people, I forbid a constitution.

-Paul Atreides

, because the spice must flow.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Man some people are getting really upset about people voting differently than them, mostly because of something that happened like 3 years ago in the Hohenzollern LP. It's pretty ridiculous to accuse someone of ruining the internet game that you are watching by voting for a cabinet because you thought historical-fiction version of Germany 400 years after the game's current position wasn't as satisfying as you would have liked. In point of fact it shows a level of anxiety totally incommensurate both to the context and the content of the votes cast herein.

Why it's so ridiculous I think I'll vote for again just to point out how nonsensical it is.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've historically abstained from Wiz-LP-voting and its associated dramafests, but hell with it, we needs them duckets.

• Locked thread