Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

LemonRind posted:

Can anyone give me advice on how to beat the 2 silver knights in andor londo right before getting into the interior. When I try to get close to one the other shoots me in the back, and even if I close to the one nearest to the entrance it just shoots me off the ledge. I don't really do much ranged, and this part is just frustrating the hell out of me.

Is that on the roof where they're shooting you with arrows?

Attack one of them and start retreating. These guys can't handle corners worth poo poo so hang out near the corner and put the corner directly between you and him. When he swings at you, back up and he should just fall off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

:stare:

THERE'S A BONFIRE RIGHT NEAR THAT DOOR?!

This whole time whenever I've died or done the cheapo soul farming trick in Darkroot Garden, I've had to start all the way back in the UP bonfire...how did I never notice that one right loving there before?!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Well, not really getting summoned. Screw it, I'm gonna go join the covenant led by the girl with the huge loving titties.

Tarradax
Jan 8, 2008

It will work!
Okay, so I have a Tower Shield I got off the big knight fella just before Iron Golem. I have upgraded it to +10 (Same guy is great for farming Large Titanite Shards, btw. He dropped about 80% of the time and it takes about a minute to kill him, go to the bonfire and repeat). How do I upgrade the shield further? Can I even upgrade it further? I have 4 boss souls sitting in my inventory, I really want to use them.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

LemonRind posted:

Can anyone give me advice on how to beat the 2 silver knights in andor londo right before getting into the interior. When I try to get close to one the other shoots me in the back, and even if I close to the one nearest to the entrance it just shoots me off the ledge. I don't really do much ranged, and this part is just frustrating the hell out of me.

I was stuck there for 3 hours. Eventually what I did was charge up the middle beam, and get in front of the top pillar on the left of the beam so the left archer couldn't shoot you. Then as soon as I saw the right archer launch an arrow, I'd sprint up and over at the left archer. I would leap over his arrow and then he'd pull out his sword and I moved down a bit onto his beam so he couldn't kill me. Then I dispatched him, then charged across at the right guy, leaping/rolling over/through his arrows. It's not "too" bad that way. Still have to watch out for falling off, and if you never get hit twice in a row (my problem was being shot once in the front/back and getting staggered, and the following shot from the other would knock me off) you should be ok.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

LemonRind posted:

Just run up, run to the right, and pray that he jumps off the cliff. Then keep running around the corner and drop down to the bonfire in the left door.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Rough Lobster posted:

Well, not really getting summoned. Screw it, I'm gonna go join the covenant led by the girl with the huge loving titties.
Summoning is weird. Class was canceled, so I played some DS. I got summoned for a boss I thought I was too high level for after about a 2-5 minute wait each time at 11am EST. Now it's 2pm EST, and I haven't gotten a bite for a really long time.
edit: Just got summoned.

Does anyone know for sure if I can kill the fat miracle trainer in Firelink Shrine without any penalty or any sort of damage to my storyline?

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 12, 2011

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

DrBouvenstein posted:

This whole time whenever I've died or done the cheapo soul farming trick in Darkroot Garden, I've had to start all the way back in the UP bonfire...how did I never notice that one right loving there before?!

It's hidden behind an illusory wall, because From Software are dicks.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well it's behind an illusory wall.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Jadz posted:

Also what I figured. And are you referring to the shortcut from the church to the cemetery/shrine? If so, I found that :)

I think he means you should fall down the elevator shaft. There are some nice goodies down there for the taking. Just run past the skeletons on the way out.

Tarradax
Jan 8, 2008

It will work!

Elysiume posted:

Does anyone know for sure if I can kill the fat miracle trainer in Firelink Shrine without any penalty or any sort of damage to my storyline?

Make sure to buy the 5k Talisman he's selling, it's got a hefty boost to miracle power without requiring faith.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tarradax posted:

Make sure to buy the 5k Talisman he's selling, it's got a hefty boost to miracle power without requiring faith.
So that's a yes? :D

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

LemonRind posted:

Go for the right one, he is the closest and he is an rear end in a top hat. If you can take him down you can go back for the other guy on the left. For the right guy you can't block or get hit, try to time your dodge rolls and pray when you get close to him he pulls out his sword and tries to melee you. If you really must get the shiny on the left it's just a soul of the hero or brave warrior or something. I was pretty livid when I lost my 20 humanity to those trigger happy fucks. I'd go as far as to say that part of anor londo is about as bad as the tomb of the giants.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Alright, I'm at the 2 gargoyles, the closed gates by onion head, the forest guarded by the headless electric demon, and bad fps-ville filled with ghosts below firelink. Where and what am I supposed to do now? I'm thinking the gargoyles, but holy poo poo they are not easy.

Tarradax
Jan 8, 2008

It will work!

Elysiume posted:

So that's a yes? :D

I killed him. He was judged for being an emo crybaby.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Zebrasectomy posted:

Hey, sounds like we're rocking the same gear.

Anywhat, There's a safe spot to stand where the Hydra won't hit you. Facing the Hydra, approach from the far right and look for a corpse floating in the water. Kind of near the mountain wall. There's a spot around there that's safe to stand in..

I've tried going beyond the Hydra and so far it's just been painful death.

My current loadout is leather armor (with Wanderer Hood), hollow soldier shield (with light crossbow as secondary on left hand), scimitar+4 (with longbow as secondary on right hand) and I keep the Dragon Sword, a spear and a battleaxe handy for when they seem appropriate. I think tonight after work I'll spend some time farming souls (NOT from the grove!) so I can buy enough titanite to reinforce my armor and shield to at least +2 apiece, and MAYBE get my sword all the way up at +5.

Then I'ma go ring me a bell :black101:

edit:

evilalien posted:

I think he means you should fall down the elevator shaft. There are some nice goodies down there for the taking. Just run past the skeletons on the way out.

Oh that! I got that at the very beginning of the game - that's how I discovered the skeletons to begin with. Bastards chased me all the way to the shrine and killed me to death :downs:

Jadz fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 12, 2011

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Killed this games Yurt easy enough but now the boss of the area is wrecking my rear end in. I guess I'll have to summon help or something!

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

it's big money postin' baby boy

Macksy posted:

Alright, I'm at the 2 gargoyles, the closed gates by onion head, the forest guarded by the headless electric demon, and bad fps-ville filled with ghosts below firelink. Where and what am I supposed to do now? I'm thinking the gargoyles, but holy poo poo they are not easy.

I'd say go ahead and do the gargoyles.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nauggins posted:

I'd say go ahead and do the gargoyles.

It's funny how to fight them again later and think "What the gently caress was so hard about these guys?"

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Does anyone know of a good onehander that scales with str? Trying to pair something with my tower shield because my spear is doing pitiful damage and most of the heavier weapons have way too much of a stamina drain/swingback.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tarradax posted:

I killed him. He was judged for being an emo crybaby.
His negativity has gone on far too long! There shall be a reckoning for him downing my spirits! :black101:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Macksy posted:

Kill the Gargoyles. Or if you are having trouble kill (or run past) the demon outside the blacksmith and do Darkroot Garden. There are some decent items to be found there and the boss is piss easy.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Maybe I'm the only one who cares about achievements/trophies for this game but I just realized that to get each of the covenant trophies, you don't actually have to join. You just have to get to the screen where you select Yes/No and then wait a few seconds and it'll pop up. I wish I had known that before joining the forest one, as leaving them even using the dude in the bell tower still gave me sin and required 120k souls to absolve. :(

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009
Ok so i ran into the guy who wants me to join the covenant.. can i join another if i join this one or am i just screwed if i pick the wrong one?

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

G.I. Jaw posted:

Shield up and charge the hell out of the one on the left. He's standing on a ramp that if you run down, the archer on the right will not be able to hit you. It's a very narrow area to fight in though so you have to be careful and make sure to never put your back to the edge or he'll knock you off.

Afterwards just go beat up the one on the right. The good news is, there's a bonfire immediately after them, and a shortcut past them opens up later so you don't have to go through that crap again if you die.

I've been trying this, but the other knight just shoots me from behind. Guess it's time to learn to roll better.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Foxhound posted:

Does anyone know of a good onehander that scales with str? Trying to pair something with my tower shield because my spear is doing pitiful damage and most of the heavier weapons have way too much of a stamina drain/swingback.

Actually the best strength scaling weapons seem to be the clubs/hammers. The basic club you can buy from the very first merchant is one of the game's best Str scalers, with an A rating right off the bat.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Orcrez posted:

Ok so i ran into the guy who wants me to join the covenant.. can i join another if i join this one or am i just screwed if i pick the wrong one?

You can join as many as you want as many times as you want as long as you haven't pissed them off. I've joined all of them on my playthrough, some of them multiple times.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Assuming that I don't have any ranks in any covenant yet, is there any penalty to me for joining each one to get all their cool new members gift packages, and then going back and staying with the one I want to stick with, or does constantly running around joining them all count as a betrayal?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Orcrez posted:

The fat dude with the morningstar, Way of the White? You can join it. I abandoned it for the Warriors of Sunlight and nothing bad happened.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

qbert posted:

Maybe I'm the only one who cares about achievements/trophies for this game but I just realized that to get each of the covenant trophies, you don't actually have to join. You just have to get to the screen where you select Yes/No and then wait a few seconds and it'll pop up. I wish I had known that before joining the forest one, as leaving them even using the dude in the bell tower still gave me sin and required 120k souls to absolve. :(

Leaving Covenants shouldn't give you any sin. Someone probably fell off a ledge and you got blamed for the death.

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

It's funny how to fight them again later and think "What the gently caress was so hard about these guys?"

I've only fought the two in the Parish, but yeah, if you don't let them punk you out they're not too bad.

Plus by killing them I got sort-of revenge on Maneater from Demon's Souls.

Maneater :argh:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

keyframe posted:

pvp is absolutely terrible in this game. I wouldnt mind if I lost to someone who is good, every time I died to a invader it is because he was a lagging rear end in a top hat who did backstabs from the front while none of my hits register.

To be fair that's not very different from the first game but stuff like the Fog ring just fucks things up even further, the combat relies on targetting. There's nothing wrong with stuff which makes you a bit invisible and untargetable from a distance, but all the time?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Palleon posted:

Assuming that I don't have any ranks in any covenant yet, is there any penalty to me for joining each one to get all their cool new members gift packages, and then going back and staying with the one I want to stick with, or does constantly running around joining them all count as a betrayal?

There is no problem doing this so go right ahead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LemonRind posted:

I've been trying this, but the other knight just shoots me from behind. Guess it's time to learn to roll better.

Here's what I did, go light enough to have the fastest sprint and roll available. Run all the way to the left one and hope you get hit just before you reach him. If you do your body should fall near the knight , he'll go into melee and take a swing, but since you are still recovering he'll miss and fall trough the hole. Turn around and move to the one on the right rolling as the arrow is about to hit you. Close up and fight him in the corner just before you reach the ledge where he was standing.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Palleon posted:

Not that I can tell. I've hopped Covenants a few times and rejoined old ones (even the apparently finicky Cat Covenant) without any trouble. You do lose levels, but I hadn't bothered with getting any past level 1 yet.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What should I be assisting on as at SL30? I'm not getting as many bites as I'd like on Gaping Dragon.

Drawback to being summoned: tons of humanity that I can't store safely.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Traxis posted:

The Spider Shield blocks ALL the toxin and its pretty hard to miss if you went through the Depths to get to Blighttown so there is no reason not to use it.

I've never had the Toxic build up from blocking it with a regular shield get to the point where it actually poisoned me so there's really no reason to use it, at least in my case.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I want to try out a magic build so I can use that sweet looking Magic Spear from the Big Hat guy. Is a full magic build viable at all?

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I've never had the Toxic build up from blocking it with a regular shield get to the point where it actually poisoned me so there's really no reason to use it, at least in my case.

I've been using the Hollow Warrior Shield +3 and the Elite Knight set, and I swear I get insta-toxin'd. Are you using armor with crazy poison resist and/or do you have a load of resilience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hy_C posted:

I want to try out a magic build so I can use that sweet looking Magic Spear from the Big Hat guy. Is a full magic build viable at all?

As in demon's souls, it is the easy way out in this game. You have a limited number of spells this time though, and can't refill until you reach a bonfire.

But the blessed/magic enchanted weapons scale with Int decently and deal pretty high damage.

• Locked thread