Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

God I love this little bastard. Best level up reward ever, especially when you throw some dark, matte gray Volk TE37s on it :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

I have a tiny soft spot for Mustangs. I just need to get a good paint job on it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Asmodai_00 posted:

I have a tiny soft spot for Mustangs. I just need to get a good paint job on it.

I think I do too...now that I think about it, every time I've been presented with a Mustang as an option, I've taken it.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

T1g4h posted:

God I love this little bastard. Best level up reward ever, especially when you throw some dark, matte gray Volk TE37s on it :h:
Yep, I chose the same car. If I ever buy a second car (because I wouldn't want to daily drive the M3, don't need to pile the miles on!) I'd get a '89 MR2.

Disease
Oct 6, 2011

Deeters posted:

Walmart ran out of LCE's and sent me an email:

:stare: I guess I've got some money to buy DLC.

I just got this email too. Nice to get Forza 4 for free and all, but this was my first, and last, time pre-ordering a game online.

Am I correct in assuming all of the in-game stuff you got with the LCE can be purchased as DLC? It's just the VIP pack and an American muscle car pack, right?

Anyway its set to arrive next Tuesday. I'll add people here on these last few pages asking for adds when I get it. Looking forward to the Rivals feature.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

T1g4h posted:

Ha, I chose the same reward with that same paintjob. It's one hell of a D class car

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

I saw the Volt project and had to try one of my own. This is as hard as I can possibly try to make the Volt a cool car, and I verified that it can win C-class races. I'd stick to the level bits, and avoid Fujimi. LLKJ club garage'd.

BUY ME A CAT
Oct 18, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joining the goon group was the best decision I've made today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOroW8-7KEE

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Why yes, the hood-mounted tach DOES work from cockpit view

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

TannhauserGate posted:

I saw the Volt project and had to try one of my own. This is as hard as I can possibly try to make the Volt a cool car, and I verified that it can win C-class races. I'd stick to the level bits, and avoid Fujimi. LLKJ club garage'd.

Hey, it's the Blundervolt SS! :haw:

I hope folks will be putting more crazy project cars into the club garage, unicorns and expensive Ferraris are great but trying to wrestle with looney stuff like this is tons of fun on its own too.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
I have to apologize to those I was racing with earlier. That classic Corvette was not fully stock. I had quick-upgraded it to D-class :blush:

The GNX was definitely stock though :hellyeah:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

TravBot posted:

I have to apologize to those I was racing with earlier. That classic Corvette was not fully stock. I had quick-upgraded it to D-class :blush:

That's ok, I still drat near beat you in the Starion. Just one more lap...

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
I went online to try out the ridiculously fun looking car soccer, only to find out that pubbies had already managed to devolve it into "Just use a Hummer Bumper Car Bullshit Smashfest". There was no soccer, and more importantly, no fun to be had. Goddamned pubbies...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

BUY ME A CAT posted:

Joining the goon group was the best decision I've made today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOroW8-7KEE

If there is a Share Full Replay thing or something similar I'd be happy to capture the race.

That goes for everyone if you want any lap on Rivals capped since I at least know where I can watch that.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

ComfortablyNumb posted:

I went online to try out the ridiculously fun looking car soccer, only to find out that pubbies had already managed to devolve it into "Just use a Hummer Bumper Car Bullshit Smashfest". There was no soccer, and more importantly, no fun to be had. Goddamned pubbies...

Once the rest of the world gets their copies and the club rushes settle down, we'll have to look into getting a proper car soccer league going. US team in '65 Mustangs vs. UK team in DB5's would be pretty boss.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Is there a place where goon games are started? I've been wanting to try out some online idiocy and I'm not sure the best way to go about it since we're at 98 LLJK members.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

sandoz posted:

Why yes, the hood-mounted tach DOES work from cockpit view

Oh my god how many cars can have hood mounted tachs?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Asmodai_00 posted:

Is there a place where goon games are started? I've been wanting to try out some online idiocy and I'm not sure the best way to go about it since we're at 98 LLJK members.

Basically send out an invite to club members from a private online lobby and wait to see who shows up. If you go to the My Club section under Community, it'll show who in the club is online at the moment so you can guess whether or not it's worth shooting out an invite (it usually is though).

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The 69 Judge had a factory hood tach, so I don't think anything else in the game does. Though I wouldn't mind seeing an 80 Turbo Trans Am, just for the hood mounted boost gauge lights.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Whoever is user [lljk]rgoer, I just bought your Focus replica skin. Nice as hell, good job.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

Oh my god how many cars can have hood mounted tachs?

Heck if I know, I'm not a muscle car guy really.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

TravBot posted:

The GNX was definitely stock though :hellyeah:

I did some modifications to my little black Mustang, so it should be fully ready for a Nurburgring rematch with your factory Buick.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I think the only other one with an external tach is the late 60s era Trans Am.

PrettyhateM
Apr 17, 2002
LLJK car club is already full :( I am a very sad panda....

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Was there a reason that they mounted then on the hood originally, other than being different and cool?

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

PrettyhateM posted:

LLJK car club is already full :( I am a very sad panda....

There's a limit?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

100 people max.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Good news: My CSR Wheel + porsche petals shipped.
Bad news: It arrives next week.
Ugly news: I already got Forza 4 :/

e: screenname is shodangr. Can I get it on the LLJK madness?

shodanjr_gr fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 13, 2011

ZombieLicker
Jan 3, 2008

by T. Finn
How does everybody figure out setting up spring rates and dampers? ive never figured out a good way to do it

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
I'd like in on whatever LLJK 2.0 becomes.

crabfriend
Oct 12, 2010

NO
The 2002 Turbo is such a fun car to drive, I think I've fallen in love.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

crabfriend posted:

The 2002 Turbo is such a fun car to drive, I think I've fallen in love.

poo poo yes. It sounds amazing as well.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

My screen name is Teffers Bob and I would like to be added to the lljk2.0 as well. Man, this game is addicting, have been playing it for the better part of last night/today.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ZombieLicker posted:

How does everybody figure out setting up spring rates and dampers? ive never figured out a good way to do it

In FM3 I normally used the setup calculator spreadsheet to get a baseline and then made adjustments from there.

Oh apparently the guy who made the FM3 calc is working on one for 4 also, cool.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4856463.aspx

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
If you think the idea of rolling a hybrid doing 140mph sounds fun, then I highly suggest hitting up the club garage and trying out the A-class Prius built by dblOderp. The world would be a scary place if things like this actually existed in real life.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If anyone wants to join another car club, I started one. GISH. There's no one else in it so anyone that wants in, feel free. I doubt my friends are getting forza, so it can be lljk 2 for all I care.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just made a 472HP Starion. I loving love this game. Now I'm browsing Craigslist for a Starion.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If you imported the Delorean, I suggest you take it up to 88 mph. You're gonna see some serious achievement poo poo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Nissan Leaf I hate you. You timeout the auctions servers, and then have crashed my xbox twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Finally managed to wrangle a LCE out of Best Buy, after they pulled the ultimate dick move. Got both a box with Fuzzy dice on my porch and an email with a DLC code, but the actual game itself was still back-ordered. Managed to get it changed to instore pickup with little hassle, so I've started dicking around tonight.

Question, do the DLC cars autmatically get put in your garage, or do you have to buy them from the ingame store? The BMW 1M wasn't gifted to me so I had to buy it with credits. Or did I just input all my DLC codes in the wrong order?

It was:

BMW 1M
Launch Bonus Car Pack
Bonus Track Pack
LCE DLC
and then I bought the Season Pass

• Locked thread