Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

So... E-class is enough to do some light modding, or are we going higher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Just put in a request for LLJK (was only showing 99 members when I had a look)

GT: Moootallica

Failing that, anybody keen on an Oceania Car Club? Might make it a bit easier to organise races.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

TannhauserGate posted:

That is absolutely hideous.

...I want it.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Remember guys, you win or lose in the first corner.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

TannhauserGate posted:

Someone was definitely high.

Any ideas on what people will decide as the de facto cars to race in each class are? In FM3, I always picked a car I liked the look of, or a unicorn car I had painted with rainbows and stars. I'd actually like to stand a chance of winning a few races this time around.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

BrokenKnees posted:

Someone was definitely high.

Only high on brake dust and burnt rubber.

Figure 8s have to happen. I'm on vacation this weekend or else I'd draw up plans.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Cojawfee posted:

My car is a 328i, and Turn10 won't put in anything besides M cars. I'd like to see some inline sixes or something. Be able to use a bimmer in a lower class.

...You have a shitload of BMW i6s. 3.0 CSL, E24 635, E28 M5, E36 M3, E46 M3, all the Z3s/Z4s, 1 series M. I dunno, I'd rather the great BMW M cars than my 330i. Still annoyed they didn't include the E34 M5. The S38B36/38 sounds loving amazing at WOT and I have faith that the sound guys could capture it.

edit: That does bring up one question though: can you do any motor swaps with the BMWs? e36 and e28/e34 motors into e30s are common as hell swaps.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 13, 2011

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So i found out what happens if you go into a wall roof first doing 270mph

your paint leaves.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Powershift posted:

So i found out what happens if you go into a wall roof first doing 270mph

your paint leaves.

:raise:

I need to get into faster cars, apparently.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
nevermind, stupid network

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 13, 2011

Hepnotic
Jan 23, 2003
optional; no images are allowed, only text
Please add me to this car club. GT: Hepnotik

If it ends up being full, or its not goin on, we should start up a second club.

I decided to spring for the season pass. Those muscle cars were just too pretty to resist.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Asmodai_00 posted:

:raise:

I need to get into faster cars, apparently.

it was on the second strait on old lemans. was sideways before it hit the gravel, and only had the time to do 1/4 of a rotation before slamming into the wall.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any way to adjust the force feedback level on the MS Wireless Wheel? Or the sensitivity? Or anything? I really want to like this game with the wheel I just bought for it. But after a couple of hours I'm tired of fighting with it every inch of the way. I picked up the controller after an hour with the wheel and ran a perfect lap. With the wheel I'm constantly losing control and crashing. The steering feel is absurdly heavy. And should I hit a bump or get tapped by another car I pretty much lose control, fishtailing back and forth until a wall stops me.

Right now I'm very disappointed in the wheel and I'm trying to give it all the chances in the world to impress me but it's not. Help!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sunday Punch posted:

I ordered online, did you do it in store? I know JB HiFi also had different prices depending on how you preordered.
Instore, too impatient to wait for mail. Got a SMS last night saying the game was ready to pick up this morning, might have a chat about getting credit for the difference in cost.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Just sent a request to the LLJK car club, my GT is snarlingleaf, please add me whoever is the admin

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Still getting a lot of "Attempting to join Lobby..." "Player Unreachable"

I just want to race with goons :(

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Still getting a lot of "Attempting to join Lobby..." "Player Unreachable"

I just want to race with goons :(

Yeah same here, got invited by two different people and I car hear them, but just can't connect.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I put this in the LLJK club garage. S class. Fukken rules.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Oh crap, you know what? With all the other stuff to do I completely forgot about setting hotlap times on the leaderboards! Better go sneak in a few so I can brag about being in the top 10 before they get overpopulated with perfect builds and glitch exploits.

E: LLJK is ranked 10th in circuit racing, between Reddit Racing in 9th and Team GameFAQs in 11th. What wonderful company we're keeping.

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 13, 2011

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Lyer posted:

Yeah same here, got invited by two different people and I car hear them, but just can't connect.

I can't connect either even though 12 different people tried inviting me

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Missed out on the Goon Club :( If someone starts a second goon club, would like very much to join. Gt is AztecTwoStep

Also, been using the MS Speed Wheel and you know what, the thing rocks. It's no replacement for a proper wheel, but it scratches the itch.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

You Am I posted:

Instore, too impatient to wait for mail. Got a SMS last night saying the game was ready to pick up this morning, might have a chat about getting credit for the difference in cost.

My online preorder from JB Hifi is still showing as "Awaiting Shipment" :smith:

Probably won't even get it until Monday at this rate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

God, that is so sexy. :fap:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Lyer posted:

If you're having this problem you need to open up your router's NAT

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I would sell every part of my body that is not required for driving to own that thing.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If anyone wants to get in a second club, send a request to GISH. It's a tag I used with a couple of friends for blops. They aren't getting forza, so I figured I'd start it as an overflow for lljk.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Wow, soccer is the greatest thing ever.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Wolfy posted:

Wow, soccer is the greatest thing ever.
Or worst. A bunch of us just did it with Hummers. Hilarious but stupid.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

They really need to make it so that invites to club games only show up if you're actually in forza.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
16 player A class: Survive the 1st turn.

Bentron in here with us as I'm pulling up the rear.

If you see a [Yen] give an ol' wave as you fly by us.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 13, 2011

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Kenshin posted:

Or worst. A bunch of us just did it with Hummers. Hilarious but stupid.
I was there. It was awesome.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Whoospy doodle

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
A-CLASS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACING

FEATURING: FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI, BUGGATI, LOTUS

And my Toyota Trueno :hehe:

Also thanks to Shogunner for consistently hosting fun games tonight!

AwwJeah fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 13, 2011

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

In the club garage now. Go ahead and take it for a spin around the Top Gear test track.

Warning: Forests of chest hair.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
Has that car got albino nipples?

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

JaysonAych posted:

Whoospy doodle

Man... the lighting in this game.

Sick photo.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TannhauserGate posted:

In the club garage now. Go ahead and take it for a spin around the Top Gear test track.

Warning: Forests of chest hair.

That's loving awesome. Did the stock graphics transfer to the hood scoop or is that a vinyl group?

King Cobra supremacy, bitches.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Incidentally, has anyone found a satisfactory method of switching back and forth from the speed wheel to a controller?

Jersey_Guy
Aug 12, 2009
Since LLJK was full I sent a request to GISH.
GT= JerseyGuy187

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!
Best feeling: Owning the nurburgring challenge in the Radical without loving up.

Worst feeling: After thinking there's no way you possibly could have driven any better, you find out the guy in first place on the leaderboard did it 50 seconds faster than you.

• Locked thread