Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Have the loading screens still got the random facts on them? Like "The first automobile was invented by Ian Car and was powered by steam and fire"

I liked those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Logue posted:

Loving racing the the LLJK crew. I don't even want to know how many hours I've wasted these past few days. However, we really need to clear out our club garage. There's just waaaay too much stuff in it.

The club garage should be for precisely tuned, unique, and/or otherwise hilarious vehicles. If there is a vehicle very similar to yours in there already, maybe reconsider sharing it.

I'll remove mine, doesn't help that there is an achievement for sharing something with the club.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jersey_Guy posted:

Since LLJK was full I sent a request to GISH.
GT= JerseyGuy187

I'll be on tonight to approve anyone who wants in.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Logue posted:

Loving racing the the LLJK crew. I don't even want to know how many hours I've wasted these past few days. However, we really need to clear out our club garage. There's just waaaay too much stuff in it.

The club garage should be for precisely tuned, unique, and/or otherwise hilarious vehicles. If there is a vehicle very similar to yours in there already, maybe reconsider sharing it.

I tried to clear out some of my cars, but I can't figure out how...

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Adam Kensai posted:

Whenever I try to save anything, I get an error message that tells me my save file is corrupt and I should delete it and then everything will be puppies and rainbows. 1) Is that the real solution? 2) What do I lose if I delete it?

Dunno if anyone answered this, but I had the same problem. Its a little file under Xbox Settings>Memory>Forza 4. Its a little file that was doing nothing as gar as I can tell. Once deleted everything was fine.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

General Probe posted:

I tried to clear out some of my cars, but I can't figure out how...

Go to your garage, highlight a car that you've shared, select it and unshare it.

I think that our club garage should consist only of Unicorns and insane things like R3 Ka's.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

Brainwrong posted:

Have the loading screens still got the random facts on them? Like "The first automobile was invented by Ian Car and was powered by steam and fire"

I liked those

No, I liked them too, though a few more would have been nicer than seeing the same ones over and over. Instead you get a picture of your car and the track conditions.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How many codes should be with my LCE?! I only see 3?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Had my first online race. It went pretty smoothly. Got 3rd place with this bad boy:

A car that stirs fear among the D class.

ZombieLicker
Jan 3, 2008

by T. Finn

Doctor Butts posted:

Is there a way to remove the default decals on a car? For instance, the stripes on the ol' Trans Am?

The only way I know is too use a giant square vinyl in the color of the car over every side

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

A5H posted:

3 and the disk. Your preorder bonus comes from the company you preordered from. Best Buy claims they are emailing it to people, gamestop should be on the receipt, and I am not sure about the other companies.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Irish Legend posted:

3 and the disk. Your preorder bonus comes from the company you preordered from. Best Buy claims they are emailing it to people, gamestop should be on the receipt, and I am not sure about the other companies.

Sweet, cheers. How do I get the new M5 then??

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Someone in the GTCC club who didn't get the pre order car from gamestop needs to try to use the Alpha I shared. Not sure if that will work, but I figured we should give it a try.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Cannot Find Server posted:

Go to your garage, highlight a car that you've shared, select it and unshare it.

I think that our club garage should consist only of Unicorns and insane things like R3 Ka's.

We can definitely live without the standard prize cars and F200 cars since pretty much everyone has those. I'd also ask folks to make sure the cars they share are actually driveable, because maxed out econoboxes that can't turn or brake or do anything but ricochet off a wall at 200mph are just a waste of space.

A5H posted:

Sweet, cheers. How do I get the new M5 then??

Go to the marketplace from the game's main menu, it's a free download.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BlazeKinser posted:

I'd also ask folks to make sure the cars they share are actually driveable, because maxed out econoboxes that can't turn or brake or do anything but ricochet off a wall at 200mph are just a waste of space.

Excuse me, R3 Ka's last night was pretty much the greatest thing ever :colbert:

Well, greatest thing behind Elise vs. Hummer.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Well yeah, but we don't really need 10 of them in the club garage. Especially when anybody can build one in five seconds now thanks to the free parts.

Plus I have no idea if there's any limits to how many cars can be in the garage at any given time.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Top 500 in the reasonably priced car. Oh yeah.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

Do you get cars or other things for hitting levels 51-150 or are they just there? Do they start to take forever to get through?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You start getting a lot of money is how I understood it. The 50 - 150 grind is suppose to be very long.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

They made it so only the top 1% of people who played forza 3 would hit level 150 after playing for two years. At least, that's what they said in previews. Everything after 50 is just cash.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

So, I've got an xbox 360 slim 4gb(won it from burger king last year, woohoo). This game has convinced me that I finally need a hard drive for it. I've basically got just enough room for the disk 2 install, but not enough for the DLC that it came with. If I do get one, do I have to start over or will the save still be there from(what I'm guessing) the onboard storage?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Wow, for a completely fictional vehicle they sure put a lot of detail into the Warthog's presentation. It'd be hilarious if the final DLC car pack included this as a driveable option.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Professor Bling posted:

That's loving awesome. Did the stock graphics transfer to the hood scoop or is that a vinyl group?

King Cobra supremacy, bitches.

The default graphics transfer, awesomely enough. Where's my Firebird?

Brainwrong posted:

I liked those

same tried and true game playing

tried and true game playing

tried-and-true game-playing

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

A5H posted:

This is what I noticed also, no code on any of the emails from game either. I'm hoping the pre-order code might be e-mailed tommorow seeing as the games not 'out' yet idk.

Also this game is phoenomenal, apart from the loving lovely boring flat topgear track with stupid tiny coned corners after massive straights and playing hunt the loving tiny apex. gently caress the topgear track its the worst gently caress it im not bitter or anything.

I havent even started career yet but i've spent allot of time trying out different cars in the free mode.

Also has the europe club been setup yet?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

Really want to see me driving under Cube's Hummer. And 3 Hummers spontaneously flipping / rolling on a straight.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

TeffaBob posted:

So, I've got an xbox 360 slim 4gb(won it from burger king last year, woohoo). This game has convinced me that I finally need a hard drive for it. I've basically got just enough room for the disk 2 install, but not enough for the DLC that it came with. If I do get one, do I have to start over or will the save still be there from(what I'm guessing) the onboard storage?

As far as I have seen the 4gb is onboard flash memory and your harddrive slot is empty. So installing a MS harddrive, or some other workaround, should really just add storage to your xbox and not delete or overwrite what you already have.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

Yeah, jumped the gun on that post as I just did a bit more research. Found something I missed earlier, I guess you can use a thumb drive as storage, so I popped an 8gb that I had laying around and voila. The more you know I suppose.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pudgygiant posted:

Really want to see me driving under Cube's Hummer. And 3 Hummers spontaneously flipping / rolling on a straight.

I'll be uploading it to the youtube when I get home!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BlazeKinser posted:

Wow, for a completely fictional vehicle they sure put a lot of detail into the Warthog's presentation. It'd be hilarious if the final DLC car pack included this as a driveable option.

Enough people are asking for it and the car is already finished, so I don't see why not. I really expect this to be DLC as well.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

AlmightyPants posted:

Is there any way to adjust the force feedback level on the MS Wireless Wheel? Or the sensitivity? Or anything? I really want to like this game with the wheel I just bought for it. But after a couple of hours I'm tired of fighting with it every inch of the way. I picked up the controller after an hour with the wheel and ran a perfect lap. With the wheel I'm constantly losing control and crashing. The steering feel is absurdly heavy. And should I hit a bump or get tapped by another car I pretty much lose control, fishtailing back and forth until a wall stops me.

Right now I'm very disappointed in the wheel and I'm trying to give it all the chances in the world to impress me but it's not. Help!

You should be able to adjust wheel settings in controller options. Advanced settings or something. If you want to stop spinning out, either stop overcorrecting or turn off simulation steering. The steering assist keeps you from overcorrecting.

The force feedback is what tells you about your front end grip. When it's strong as you turn, your tires are sticking to the pavement. As the fronts break traction, the wheel will get "loose". The wheel will vibrate as you lose rear end grip.

Real tires essentially do the same thing, it's just amplified a bit to help with the fact that you don't feel the g forces. You can turn down the strength of the force feedback in that menu, though, if you want. Mess with those settings until you get something you're happy with.

Edit: Seriously, try the steering assist. It's done very well, and the only thing you'll notice is that you aren't spinning.

Day Man fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 13, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

I said come in! posted:

Enough people are asking for it and the car is already finished, so I don't see why not. I really expect this to be DLC as well.

I'm just wondering how the heck you're supposed to see over the instrument panel. It sticks up so much over the steering wheel that it looks like it'd realistically obscure your line of sight unless you're halfway standing up.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

BlazeKinser posted:

I'm just wondering how the heck you're supposed to see over the instrument panel. It sticks up so much over the steering wheel that it looks like it'd realistically obscure your line of sight unless you're halfway standing up.

The Forza devs said no in one of the developer things. The Hog has massive 4-wheel steering, and does not use rubber tires. They don't have the physics to make it like the game. Not only that, but they're still going for the all ages rating. Even if they put it in, it wouldn't work right.

I said come in! posted:

Or a seven-foot-tall green supersoldier?

e: Those are kind of backwards aren't they?

TannhauserGate fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

The club will be called Something Awful Eurogrüppen with the acronym being SAEG.

You're so efficient it's scary. Are you part German?
Just installing the game to my HDD now whilst I watch a bit of Top Gear on Dave then I'll be sure to look it up.

Install disc 1, enter 3 DLC codes, play a laughable intro race where I literally just had to hold down the right trigger and steer, install disc 2. NOW I CAN PLAY!

e: Sent you a request to join.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 13, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Okay after playing for a bit, couple of questions.
How do I do matte paint?
How do I despoiler stuff?

Disappointed on wheel/kit selection and lack of overfenders/wheels.

Seems great though.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

A5H posted:

How do I do matte paint?

Seems great though.
Can't do matte paint, can't despoiler stuff that has it built in.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

real_scud posted:

Can't do matte paint, can't despoiler stuff that has it built in.

If it's bolted on (RS200) it comes off fine, though.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Oh yeah, baby. Think I need to work on the eyebrows some more, but goddamn.

Havn't even raced yet, spent almost 2 hours in the game though.

Oh and my Limited Edition DLC content code? I'm guessing thats VIP and stuff? Because I put it into my xbox and I chose "download now" but it was never added to my downloads que... what gives?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

A5H posted:

How do I do matte paint?

Seems great though.

Theres one dodge with what looks like matte black paint, maybe you can use the last colour setting?

Also i've sent a thing to the eurogoon club SAEG

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TannhauserGate posted:

Not only that, but they're still going for the all ages rating.

Does the engine just make one loud "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" for its sound or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Captain Hair posted:

Oh yeah, baby. Think I need to work on the eyebrows some more, but goddamn.

Havn't even raced yet, spent almost 2 hours in the game though.

Oh and my Limited Edition DLC content code? I'm guessing thats VIP and stuff? Because I put it into my xbox and I chose "download now" but it was never added to my downloads que... what gives?

All the data was included in one of the other packs, so it just downloaded a key and finished almost immediately.

• Locked thread