Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So I uh, made a thing.

If anyone likes the "Support our troops" magnets or my flag, I've tagged them on the storefront with lljk.

I'm thinking of making a bunch of popular terrible bumper stickers, if you guys have any requests just let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

The F class hybrid event is the worst thing in the world. It's all quiet, slow, and as awkward as it is boring. I had to turn it off after a lap because I just couldn't take it. At least it can be interesting when there's 12 goons in electric cars but against the AI.... no thank you

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day
Also, the way they set up the sections for painting the Hummer is... problematic. If you haven't tried it, see above. Those weird strips of blue that are running off the side are virtually impossible to paint correctly. I think there's a strip or two that are even mapped to the wrong place relative to the decals, so covering up the problem areas is almost possible.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Got my fanatec today, and it is ~AwEsOmE~. I can't drive anything above e class so far (losing control in a fiesta) but it's so amazing to drive this way. The control I have over the car, the shifting, the everything is so awesome. I'll still be controllering for racing online and the world tour for now, but I'm working on using the wheel. It's a long journey ahead of me.

SnowWolf
Nov 20, 2005
Some videos of a Forza 4 promotional event in London: most expensive car park ever? Who else to guard it but the Stig ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGfSTkaqLRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsBbx4v96U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSMBL6JaU4I

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Yyyyep, servers are definitely getting slammed right now. Seems like nobody can stay connected to any lobbies for more than a couple minutes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TannhauserGate posted:

Also, the way they set up the sections for painting the Hummer is... problematic. If you haven't tried it, see above. Those weird strips of blue that are running off the side are virtually impossible to paint correctly. I think there's a strip or two that are even mapped to the wrong place relative to the decals, so covering up the problem areas is almost possible.

I might fix that if I feel motivated, but I think for a lovely gimmick paint job it looks passable enough.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

May I possibly get an invite to a goon club? Gt: InvadeFranceNow

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

BlazeKinser posted:

Yyyyep, servers are definitely getting slammed right now. Seems like nobody can stay connected to any lobbies for more than a couple minutes.

I can't even stay connected to Xbox Live. I can get into lobbies and race, but after a race I'm dropped. Even if I'm just playing the game with live on, I'll get dropped doing career, tuning, etc. loving poo poo is pissing me off

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Xbox Live has been buggered for a little while now, it's absolutely useless. I can't even get party chat going with somebody who lives down the road any more.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

I think the Bernese Alps might end up replacing Maple Valley as my personal test track. Just spent 20 minutes running the 22B around it and it was absolutely magical how well this car and track go together.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

It was doing it yesterday too... S maybe it's just the hosed Xbox Live or some poo poo.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
The sense of speed in this game is miles above any other racer that I've played, and they accomplish it without eyegouging motion blur...

Plus with the new sound work you get a much better feeling of what the car is doing. I'm absolutely in love with it.

Can't wait for the Fanatec to get here....

DakkaUT
Sep 27, 2004
Invite request sent to GISH as TexOFA

Finally driving with a manual, making the game so much better.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!
I just sent an invite to GISH as well, gamertag RopeyRope. I got this game on launch day and I've barely had time to play it.. can't wait to play it online with non asshats :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How are people getting decals/vinyls on their headlights? I tried doing it with a Ford Ka, but the manufacturer logos wont cover them, they go invisible over the headlights.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Only certain cars have paintable headlights. Generally old cars.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Request sent to GISH

GT: Strenots

Strenots fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 14, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Minimaul posted:

Only certain cars have paintable headlights. Generally old cars.

You have to install the racing front bumper to get the headlight covers as well.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Ruff posted:

oh man we only have 7 people in GISH. Anyone who did not get into LLJK because of the 100 member limit should apply to GISH.

Also, we should put club information in the op for people new to the thread so they know where to apply.

SP can you add club info to the op? Or maybe to the reserved post.

Added car club stuff to the second post. If I hosed it up/left something out, let me know.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
How improved are the in-race graphics from Forza 3? Not that Forza 3 was an ugly game by any means, but it desperately needed some anti-aliasing. I'm going to purchase regardless, but it's still something that's on my mind.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

shymog posted:

How improved are the in-race graphics from Forza 3? Not that Forza 3 was an ugly game by any means, but it desperately needed some anti-aliasing. I'm going to purchase regardless, but it's still something that's on my mind.

Very noticeably, especially if you have a decent TV. I still notice some jaggies on my 42" 1080P but oh my god what a difference from Forza 3

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

How do you use a custom skin when racing online? I found a pretty cumbersome way to do it and I think there has to be a faster way, but I can't figure it out.

What I ended up doing was creating a custom tuning setup for the car I wanted to use, which changes nothing but uses the skin I want, then when I'm in the multiplayer lobby I load that custom tuning setup. There must be a better way though :( What do you do if you don't own the car? I don't own the Hummer but I want to use the goonbus online.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If you don't own the car, I'm pretty sure you are s o l as far as designs go.

Or join a car club that had the goonbus in it. GISH has the upgraded hummer now but I haven't painted it yet. I can't share the goonbus paintjob because I didn't create it.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 14, 2011

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

PirateNipple posted:

How do you use a custom skin when racing online? I found a pretty cumbersome way to do it and I think there has to be a faster way, but I can't figure it out.

What I ended up doing was creating a custom tuning setup for the car I wanted to use, which changes nothing but uses the skin I want, then when I'm in the multiplayer lobby I load that custom tuning setup. There must be a better way though :( What do you do if you don't own the car? I don't own the Hummer but I want to use the goonbus online.
Get the car out of your garage. When you are picking a car go all the way to the left in the list, your garage will be listed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why i love forza summed up into 1 image

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011
For those of you having trouble connecting to other goons, use this guide to help open up your NAT.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

DrNutt posted:

So I uh, made a thing.

If anyone likes the "Support our troops" magnets or my flag, I've tagged them on the storefront with lljk.

I'm thinking of making a bunch of popular terrible bumper stickers, if you guys have any requests just let me know.

Just popped in to...

How the gently caress can a game on the 360 look this good?! :psyduck:

GT5 looks like a ps2 game compared to this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

GT5 looks like a ps2 game compared to this

That's because half of it is a PS2 game converted to HD.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

I said come in! posted:

That's because half of it is a PS2 game converted to HD.

Yeah I knew this would be a terrible example, should have went with my initial "makes Forza 3 look like an Xbox game".

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 14, 2011

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004
I assume everyone else but me already found the option to have the Stig as your driver in replays. But since I haven't seen it mentioned yet:

• Save a replay at the end of a race
  • Go to My Profile - Media - My Replays
  • Press Y to change the driver
  • Load a replay and watch as the Stig drives your lap
  • Take photos :allears:

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
So uh. I can't really get into car clubs for the time being. But me and another goon (Brenkelieshere) are generally running a few longer races a night. You should add us from the spreadsheet.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Is my perception skewed or are some of the tracks wider than they really are? Nurburgring especially, I don't recall it being so wide in pictures I've seen and from GT5 and Shift 2.
You're not mistaken. They made a couple of tracks a little wider, particularly sections of Nurburgring, to facilitate passing and provide for better racing.

Ruff
Aug 24, 2007

I am buying cars to fix up / customize on the auction house and trying to decide if I should just fully upgrade them or not. All the parts are free so should I always just upgrade the car as high as it can go to the highest class, upgrade it just 1 class up or upgrade it to the max of its current class. I want to of course have the cars sell for as high as possible and have the best chance of selling but was not sure if it is always best to just upgrade them to as high as possible or not. Does it matter?

Ruff fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 14, 2011

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004

einTier posted:

You're not mistaken. They made a couple of tracks a little wider, particularly sections of Nurburgring, to facilitate passing and provide for better racing.

Was that a change in Forza 4? Because in Forza 3 the width seems to be uniformly the same as the actual track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so3xHVsJH8s

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I sent a request to GISH, my gt is p0l1cy.

I'm going to try to drive a different car for every world tour event. I think it'll be a while before I run out.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Anyone figured out if you can disable the dirty lap penalty for custom online races?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I dont see any option to pick a club members car for any events. Are you only able to use other members cars to test drive?

Ruff
Aug 24, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

I dont see any option to pick a club members car for any events. Are you only able to use other members cars to test drive?

They are only for online racing as far as I know and there should be a crew garage option when selecting cars if you are in a crew and there are cars in the garage.

On a different subject, I really wish they changed the affinity rewards. Free parts should not be available at level 4. They make 50 affinity levels for manufacturers and give free parts at level 4. Would rather have it at 10 at least, if not 15 or 20.

Ruff fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Ruff posted:

They are only for online racing as far as I know and there should be a crew garage option when selecting cars if you are in a crew and there are cars in the garage.

On a different subject, I really wish they changed the affinity rewards. Free parts should not be available at level 4. They make 50 affinity levels for manufacturers and give free parts at level 4. Would rather have it at 10 at least, if not 15 or 20.

Do they start handing out free cars as affinity rewards at any point?

• Locked thread