Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No, because

quote:

When wielding a weapon of your size, you follow the same rules that Small creatures do.
i.e. no two-handed weapons, versatile weapons two-handed only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

No, because

i.e. no two-handed weapons, versatile weapons two-handed only.

Oh well. Pixies can still wield the Heavy War Pick (+2, 1d12) cause it's listed with the Small property. :) They just can't use Mordenkrads or Mauls or Greatbows...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They're picksies!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Oh gently caress you :golfclap:

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Do as you like. It's not my job to kill you.
Just found this while making my Pixie Sorcerer of Certain Doom:

If you take Mastery of Knives and equip a kukri or katar (which as per Mastery of Knives you can use as a dagger), Lightning Cuts does not properly populate the card with the weapon's data when it comes to populating weapon effects / damage.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

nothingxs posted:

Just found this while making my Pixie Sorcerer of Certain Doom:

If you take Mastery of Knives and equip a kukri or katar (which as per Mastery of Knives you can use as a dagger), Lightning Cuts does not properly populate the card with the weapon's data when it comes to populating weapon effects / damage.
This is because Mastery of Knives makes kukris/katars count as daggers for implement purposes only. The power, meanwhile, looks at whether you're wielding a dagger (as in the weapon), finds that you don't, and so refuses to display any stats, much like when you are looking at Twin Strike without wielding two melee weapons, for instance.

I looked at this issue a while ago, but as far as I can tell there's no fix for it that doesn't result in kukris/katars being equivalent to the weapon "dagger" for all purposes, including qualifying for Sneak Attack and the like.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

This is because Mastery of Knives makes kukris/katars count as daggers for implement purposes only. The power, meanwhile, looks at whether you're wielding a dagger (as in the weapon), finds that you don't, and so refuses to display any stats, much like when you are looking at Twin Strike without wielding two melee weapons, for instance.

I looked at this issue a while ago, but as far as I can tell there's no fix for it that doesn't result in kukris/katars being equivalent to the weapon "dagger" for all purposes, including qualifying for Sneak Attack and the like.

Can we create a "clone" weapon for the kukri and katar? Call them KukriDagger and KatarDagger and make the CB treat *those* as daggers?

As a temp. workaround (or a permanant one, I suppose) you can equip a dagger and rename it to be kukri or katar. You'll just have to adjust the damage die value and remember the stats of the real katar/kukri (brutal 1 or high crit, I believe.) But the power will calculate correctly (unless one of those is not a +3 prof. weapon.)

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

My solution was an accurate dynamic dagger. Then I just make it a kukri and use kukri stats for it (for now).

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

nothingxs posted:

My solution was an accurate dynamic dagger. Then I just make it a kukri and use kukri stats for it (for now).

Except that you can't use the Accurate dagger superior implement with a kukri. You can only treat the kukri as an dagger for the purpose of Sorcerer powers.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Yeah, but I'm really only using it to stab people in the chest with lightning cuts and then returning it back to its original shape for DIS.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

ProfessorCirno posted:

My apologies if this came up previously, but I noticed that Flaming Weapon uses the pre-DM Kit wording rather then the "gently caress fire users, just gently caress them" wording the DM Kit uses. Intentional?

...Anyone?

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate

Malachamavet posted:

It seems like Mighty Crusader Expertise isn't in the builder?

Reposting from a month ago; there's a few of the feats from that article in there (the arcane ones) but a few missing (like Mighty Crusader)

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ProfessorCirno posted:

...Anyone?

I don't know what you're talking about; in my CB it has the updated "All untyped damage" change.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Just logging on to say I am backing off for a spell. The reason being is work is pulling on me way to much, also I think I need to slow down with the part files. The last batch was way to rushed and, in my own opinion, had way to many mistakes in it.

I really appreciate the community catching the errors and posting the fixes. And a major thank you to Greyhawk for posting a quick fix in the file.

I will try to keep up in the forum to help but I cant guarantee anything for the next couple of weeks.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Malachamavet posted:

Reposting from a month ago; there's a few of the feats from that article in there (the arcane ones) but a few missing (like Mighty Crusader)

Mighty Crusader was added last week if I'm not mistaken

Psych0M0nk3y
May 31, 2011
Is there any aspect of the Mordenkainen's book that no one is working on or needs assistance with? I'm happy to help if it would speed up the process.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tivaan posted:

Just logging on to say I am backing off for a spell. The reason being is work is pulling on me way to much, also I think I need to slow down with the part files. The last batch was way to rushed and, in my own opinion, had way to many mistakes in it.

I really appreciate the community catching the errors and posting the fixes. And a major thank you to Greyhawk for posting a quick fix in the file.

I will try to keep up in the forum to help but I cant guarantee anything for the next couple of weeks.

Don't worry about it too much, man. We appreciate the help!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Both the short and the long version of the description of the Axe Strike feat from MME currently read "you can expend a use of power strike to deal damage to the target". As the feat then goes on to state that this damage increases to 10/15 at 11th/21st level, would it be correct to suggest that the descriptions should read "to deal 5 damage"?

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship

MMAgCh posted:

Both the short and the long version of the description of the Axe Strike feat from MME currently read "you can expend a use of power strike to deal damage to the target". As the feat then goes on to state that this damage increases to 10/15 at 11th/21st level, would it be correct to suggest that the descriptions should read "to deal 5 damage"?

The short should probably read 5/10/15 damage, and the long should explain in detail.

Koranak
Aug 5, 2011
The benefit line of the feat "Elusive Hexer" is wrong. It should read "When an enemy takes damage from your warlock’s curse on your turn, you are invisible until the end of that turn." The correct version can be found in the compendium and in the compiled issue of Dragon #390.

I'm not sure whether it's better to post stuff like this here, email it, or post it in the bug list document... I put it in the bug list just before reconsidering and posting it here as well. In the future, which option should I use?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Just tried making a Cleric and equipping a Pike, but it's not being treated as proficient. (I can work around it by adding WP: Pike as a bonus feat, so not the end of the world at the moment.)

Also, the Battle Cleric's Weapon Mastery at-will isn't listing the base +2 to damage in the description or the weapon output. It'd be even better if it could detect two-handed weapons and automatically add the additional +2 there.

Likewise with Weapon of Divine Protection, if it's possible to detect Simple weapons and put the +1d6 in the damage line that'd be good. The online CB has managed this part (but not the BC Weapon Mastery part), but I imagine it uses different tricks in weapon damage calculation.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Just tried making a Cleric and equipping a Pike, but it's not being treated as proficient. (I can work around it by adding WP: Pike as a bonus feat, so not the end of the world at the moment.)
It's erroneously classified as a military weapon in 40-gear.part rather than as a simple weapon. (Its entry in 04-new-items.part also seems to be incorrect as it makes the pike a two-handed weapon when it should be one-handed.)

quote:

Also, the Battle Cleric's Weapon Mastery at-will isn't listing the base +2 to damage in the description or the weapon output. It'd be even better if it could detect two-handed weapons and automatically add the additional +2 there.

Likewise with Weapon of Divine Protection, if it's possible to detect Simple weapons and put the +1d6 in the damage line that'd be good. The online CB has managed this part (but not the BC Weapon Mastery part), but I imagine it uses different tricks in weapon damage calculation.
To the best of my knowledge the LCB supports none of this, at least not cleanly. There might be an "ugly" way to make it work, though – I'll look into it some more.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 13, 2011

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

MMAgCh posted:

It's erroneously classified as a military weapon in 40-gear.part rather than as a simple weapon. (Its entry in 04-new-items.part also seems to be incorrect as it makes the pike a two-handed weapon when it should be one-handed.)

Wait, what? The Pike in MME is a military two-handed weapon, so it sounds like both those entries are correct. Where are you seeing a version that's simple and one-handed?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Sefer posted:

Wait, what? The Pike in MME is a military two-handed weapon, so it sounds like both those entries are correct. Where are you seeing a version that's simple and one-handed?
The LCB lists the pike as a simple one-handed weapon right now, but treats it as a military two-handed weapon, so something isn't correct. (I don't own the MME, but it's been my understanding that the pike is supposed to be the one-handed one.)

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

MMAgCh posted:

(I don't own the MME, but it's been my understanding that the pike is supposed to be the one-handed one.)

You're mistaken; looking at MME right now, it's definitely listed as a military two-handed weapon.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Aladar posted:

You're mistaken; looking at MME right now, it's definitely listed as a military two-handed weapon.
In that case it's behaving correctly mechanically in the LCB and simply needs its description adjusted.

On an unrelated note, I've been tampering with the battle cleric powers and am by now fairly certain that they cannot be made "simple weapon only" the way the builder supports "two melee weapons only" or "two-handed reach weapon only". The damage bonuses can, I think, be applied correctly, but it doesn't seem possible to make non-simple weapons not work with these powers outright.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
I've just checked, and it is indeed a 2H Military. I thought I'd read in the 4E thread that it was Simple.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

October is always a busy month for me. However, since I haven't added much lately and I received my copy of the Madness at Gardmore Abbey today I have encoded it and added it to the builder. Enjoy

Spoiler Information for DMs
This adds the new version of the Deck of Many Things (and preserves the Dragon magazine version as well). Also under Artifacts are all 22 card effect powers. Also includes the rare neck and sword on the magic item cards. Deck boons under boons naturally.

Vhex
Mar 30, 2011

"Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."
Awesome! Thanks GHF!

Is there a feed or something (Google+ maybe?) where I can see what you guys are working on so I'm not overlapping?

Vhex fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 14, 2011

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Just finished writing up the XML part for everything in the Class Acts: Assassin, Secrets of the Ninja article from Dragon 404. I separated the new weapon (kusari-gama) and two new magic ki focuses (Manual of Ninjutsu and The Ineffable Secret of Death) from the powers/class features, to make it easier to move the data into the right files.

My apologies in advance for loving with your page width.

EDIT: Fixed the powers for The Ineffable Secret of Death not showing up.

Class features and powers:
code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E">
	<AppendNodes name="Attack Finesse (Executioner - Heroic)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HEROIC_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
		<rules>
			<textstring name="Kusari-gama:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" requires="Way of the Ninja" />
		</rules>
	</AppendNodes>
	<AppendNodes name="Attack Finesse (Executioner - Paragon)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_PARAGON_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
		<rules>
			<textstring name="Kusari-gama:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" requires="Way of the Ninja" />
		</rules>
	</AppendNodes>
	<AppendNodes name="Attack Finesse (Executioner - Epic)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_EPIC_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
		<rules>
			<textstring name="Kusari-gama:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" requires="Way of the Ninja" />
		</rules>
	</AppendNodes>

<RulesElement name="Way of the Ninja" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CAA_1" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 1:43:54 PM">
    <Category> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3534,1 </Category>
    <Flavor> The Way of the Ninja teaches that secrets are power. Use the secrets you have learned to strike in an unexpected way. Utilize all that you know to defeat your target, and to accomplish your mission. Keep safe the secrets of your clan, even if it means your death. Mixing melee, reach, and ranged weapons means that you will never be caught off guard no matter the situation, but your opponents will. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain the powers ninja-to rush, poisonous shuriken, and whirling kusari-gama; attack finesse/proficiency w/ kusari-gama and shuriken, use ammo poison w/ shuriken. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
    <specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_1,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_2,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_3 </specific>
    <specific name="Type"> At-Will </specific>
    <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_466 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_1,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_2,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_3 </specific>
    <specific name="_CS_ShortDescription"> @ </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_1" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_2" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_3" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(KUSARI-GAMA)" type="Proficiency" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SHURIKEN)" type="Proficiency" />
    </rules>
You gain the powers ninja-to rush, poisonous shuriken, and whirling kusari-gama. In addition, you have proficiency with shuriken and the kusari-gama, your Attack Finesse class feature also applies to kusari-gama and shuriken, and your assassin poisons that can be applied to ammunition can also be applied to your shuriken.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Ninja-to Rush" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_1" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 12:46:41 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_CLASS_POWER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CAA_1,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_36,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION </Category>
    <Flavor> Coming from an unexpected direction, surprise and momentum combine to form a powerful strike. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
    <specific name="_SkillPower" />
    <specific name="Display"> Assassin Attack  </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Martial, Weapon </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type"> Melee weapon </specific>
    <specific name="Requirement"> You must use this power with a short sword. </specific>
    <specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
    <specific name="Attack"> Dexterity vs. AC. If you have jumped, fallen, or flown this turn, you gain combat advantage against the target for this attack. </specific>
    <specific name="Hit"> 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
    Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. </specific>
    <specific name="Special"> When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack. </specific>
    <specific name="_Associated Feats" />
    <specific name="_Subclasses"> ID_FMP_CLASS_811 </specific>
    <specific name="Level" />
    <specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
    <specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CAA_1 </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Poisonous Shuriken" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_2" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 12:46:41 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_CLASS_POWER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CAA_1,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_36,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION </Category>
    <Flavor> Your foes barely feel it when the sharp metal pierces their skin. They certainly feel it after that. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged weapon </specific>
    <specific name="Requirement"> You must use this power with shuriken. </specific>
    <specific name="Target"> One, two, or three creature </specific>
    <specific name="Attack"> Dexterity vs. AC </specific>
    <specific name="Hit"> 1[W] damage.
    Level 21: 2[W] damage. </specific>
    <specific name="Special"> If you deliver an assassin poison with this attack, it applies to each target hit by this attack, even if the poison would normally be applied to only a single piece of ammunition. </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Whirling Kusari-gama" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_3" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 12:46:41 PM">
    <Flavor> Though your foe is watching the chain, it really should be watching the sickle. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Requirement"> You must use this power with a kusari-gama. </specific>
    <specific name="Attack"> Dexterity vs. Reflex </specific>
    <specific name="Hit"> Dexterity modifier damage, and the target falls prone. You can shift 1 square and make the secondary attack with the secondary end of the kusari-gama </specific>
    <specific name="	Secondary Target"> One creature </specific>
    <specific name="	Secondary Attack"> Dexterity vs. AC </specific>
    <specific name="	Hit"> 1[W] damage.
	Level 21: 2[W] damage. </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Smoke Bomb" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_4" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 12:46:41 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_38,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_39,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_IMMEDIATE_REACTION,2 </Category>
    <Flavor> With an alchemical concoction mixed with a bit of shadow magic, you conjure a wall of smoke to cover your escape. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
    <specific name="Display"> Assassin Utility 2 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Shadow, Zone </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Immediate Reaction </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type"> Close Burst 1 </specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"> An enemy enters a square adjacent to you. </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> The burst creates a lightly obscured zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. You can then shift up to your speed. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 2 </specific>
    <specific name="Power Type"> Utility </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Feathery Tread" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_5" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 12:46:41 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_38,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MINOR_ACTION,6 </Category>
    <Flavor> Even the sea cannot keep you from your target. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Assassin Utility 6 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Shadow </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Minor Action </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type"> Personal </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> Until the start of your next turn, you float an inch above the ground. You ignore difficult terrain and can both move across liquid and stand on it as if it were solid ground. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 6 </specific>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Veil of a Thousand Faces" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CAA_6" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2011 12:46:41 PM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_10,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_38,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,10 </Category>
	<Prereqs> Flawless Disguise </Prereqs>
	<print-prereqs> You must have the Flawless Disguise class feature. </print-prereqs>
    <Flavor> You shed your identity as easily as you shed your clothes. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Assassin Utility 10 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Illusion, Shadow </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> You craft a new disguise. You gain a +2 power bonus to the Bluff checks made to prevent detection. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 10 </specific>
</RulesElement>
</D20Rules>
New weapon and magic items:
code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E">
   <RulesElement name="Kusari-gama" type="Weapon" internal-id="ID_FMP_WEAPON_D404_CAA_1" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2010 1:16:17 PM" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_11,ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_7,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_TWO-HANDS,ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_10,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HANDED,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SELECTABLE </Category>
      <specific name="Full Text"> Kusari-gama
Superior double melee weapon
Cost: 10 gp
Damage: 1d8
Proficient: +2
Range: -
Weight: 3 lb.

Originally a tool used by farmers and peasants to tend crops and for a variety of other mundane uses, the kusari-gama was adopted as a weapon by the ninja because of both its flexibility and its ability to pass unnoticed as a common item.

This weapon features a sickle (or kama) on one end of a chain and a heavy weight on the other, with the weight swung with great force and used to either entangle or trip a foe, and the kama used to slice at a vital part of the body.

Properties: 
Defensive (A defensive weapon grants you a +1 bonus to AC while you wield the defensive weapon in one hand and wield another melee weapon in your other hand. Wielding more than one defensive weapon does not increase this bonus. To gain this benefit, you need not attack with the defensive weapon, but you must be proficient with it.).
Reach (With a reach weapon, you can attack enemies that are 2 squares away from you as well as adjacent enemies, with no attack penalty. You can still make opportunity attacks only against adjacent enemies. Likewise, you can flank only an adjacent enemy.).

Group: 
Flail (Weapons in the flail group have a flexible material, usually a length of chain, between a solid handle and the damage-dealing end of the weapon.). </specific>
      <specific name="Weight"> 3 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 10 </specific>
      <specific name="Range" />
      <specific name="Damage"> 1d8 </specific>
      <specific name="Proficiency Bonus"> 2 </specific>
      <specific name="_Primary End" />
      <specific name="Weapon Category"> Superior Melee </specific>
      <specific name="Hands Required"> One-Handed </specific>
      <specific name="Item Slot"> Two-Hands </specific>
      <specific name="Group"> Flail </specific>
      <specific name="Properties"> Defensive, reach </specific>
      <specific name="_Secondary End"> ID_FMP_WEAPON_D404_CAA_2 </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Kusari-gama - Secondary end" type="Weapon" internal-id="ID_FMP_WEAPON_D404_CAA_2" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="10/11/2010 1:16:19 PM" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_1,ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_2,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HANDED </Category>
      <specific name="Full Text"> Double axe - Secondary end
Superior double melee weapon

Damage: 1d6
Proficient: +2

Properties: 
Off-Hand (An off-hand weapon is light enough that you can hold it and attack effectively with it while holding a weapon in your main hand. You can&apos;t attack with both weapons in the same turn, unless you have a power that lets you do so, but you can attack with either weapon.).

Group: 
Light blade (Light blades reward accuracy as much as force. Pinpoint attacks, lunges, and agile defenses are the strong points of these weapons.). </specific>
      <specific name="Weight" />
      <specific name="Gold" />
      <specific name="Range" />
      <specific name="Damage"> 1d6 </specific>
      <specific name="Proficiency Bonus"> 2 </specific>
      <specific name="_Primary End"> ID_FMP_WEAPON_D404_CAA_1 </specific>
      <specific name="Weapon Category"> Superior Melee </specific>
      <specific name="Hands Required"> One-Handed </specific>
      <specific name="Item Slot"> Off-hand </specific>
      <specific name="Group"> Light blade </specific>
      <specific name="Properties"> Off-hand </specific>
      <specific name="InternalOnly"> 1 </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Kusari-gama)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(KUSARI-GAMA)" source="Core" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_10,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SUPERIOR,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MELEE </Category>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Kusari-gama)" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(KUSARI-GAMA)" source="Player&apos;s Handbook,Player Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands">
    <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_FEAT_178 </specific>
    <specific name="_RequiresID"> ID_FMP_WEAPON_D404_CAA_1 </specific>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Gain proficiency with the Kusari-gama. </specific>
    <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(KUSARI-GAMA)" type="Proficiency" />
    </rules>
You gain proficiency with the Kusari-gama.
</RulesElement>

<AppendNodes name="Weapon Group (Flail)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_GROUP_(FLAIL)" source="Core" >
		<rules>
		</rules>
	</AppendNodes>

<RulesElement name="Manual of Ninjutsu +1" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_1" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <Flavor> The most basic manual of the ninja teaches the secret of using the shadows as a weapon. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 3 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 680 </specific>
    <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Ki Focus </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
    <specific name="Armor" />
    <specific name="Weapon" />
    <specific name="Item Slot"> Ki Focus </specific>
    <specific name="Requirement"> Must be able to use Ki Focuses as an implement. </specific>
    <specific name="Prerequisite" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +1d6 damage </specific>
    <specific name="Special" />
    <specific name="Power" />
    <specific name="_Rarity" />
    <specific name="_Monster" />
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +1 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Granted Powers" />
    <specific name="Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> When you use assassin&apos;s strike on a target granting combat advantage to you, you can reroll any of the power&apos;s damage dice that come up as a 1. Continue until all the dice roll higher than a 1.
Level 13 or 18: Reroll 1s or 2s; result higher than a 2.
Level 23 or 28: Reroll 1s, 2s, or 3s; result higher than a 3. </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Manual of Ninjutsu +2" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_2" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <Flavor> The most basic manual of the ninja teaches the secret of using the shadows as a weapon. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 8 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 3400 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Requirement"> Must be able to use Ki Focuses as an implement. </specific>
    <specific name="Critical"> +2d6 damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +2 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> When you use assassin&apos;s strike on a target granting combat advantage to you, you can reroll any of the power&apos;s damage dice that come up as a 1. Continue until all the dice roll higher than a 1.
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Manual of Ninjutsu +3" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_3" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 13 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 17000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +3d6 damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +3 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Manual of Ninjutsu +4" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_4" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 18 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +4d6 damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +4 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Manual of Ninjutsu +5" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_5" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 23 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 425000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +5d6 damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +5 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Manual of Ninjutsu +6" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_6" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 28 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +6d6 damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +6 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +3" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_7" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 15 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 25000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +3d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +3 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Rarity"> Rare </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> Any attack you make with this implement against a target granting combat advantage to you deals extra necrotic damage to that target. The damage equals to this item&apos;s enhancement bonus. </specific>
    <specific name="Power"> Power (Daily): No Action.
Trigger: You use assassin&apos;s strike on a bloodied target.
Effect: The damage from assassin&apos;s strike is maximized.
Power (Encounter): Free Action.
Trigger: You reduce a creature adjacent to you to 0 hit points with an attack using this implement.
Effect: You are insubstantial and phasing until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily): Minor Action.
Effect: Your next attack this turn is made against the target&apos;s lowest defense. </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +4" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_8" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 20 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 125000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +4d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +4 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> Any attack you make with this implement against a target granting combat advantage to you deals extra necrotic damage to that target. The damage equals to this item&apos;s enhancement bonus. </specific>
Trigger: You reduce a creature adjacent to you to 0 hit points with an attack using this implement.
Effect: Your next attack this turn is made against the target&apos;s lowest defense. </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +5" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_9" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 25 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 625000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +5d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +5 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +6" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_10" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 30 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 3125000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +6d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +6 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>
</D20Rules>

scpredmage fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 14, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Could someone edit the properties of the light mace (from MME) to read "off-hand", rather than "offhand"? The lack of a hyphen seems to break a few things, such as the Tempest Technique bonuses for wielding weapons with the off-hand property.

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
Got a couple of things I wanted to post.

First, I noticed that the Polyglot Gem doesn't have the same update as the Gem of Colloquy, allowing you to select a language. So I added that in, and it seems to work. (Verified that having more than 1 doesn't make you select more than 1 language, but by all means, test it first).

code:
  <RulesElement name="Polyglot Gem (heroic tier)" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_3875" source="Adventurer&apos;s Vault">
    <Flavor> This intricately carved gemstone holds the secrets of language within its many facets. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Gold"> 1800 </specific>
    <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Wondrous Item </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Item Slot" />
    <specific name="Requirement" />
    <specific name="Critical" />
    <specific name="Special"> If you create a polyglot gem, you can imbue it only with a language you know. </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> Each polyglot gem contains the knowledge of one language, chosen when the item is created. As long as you carry the gem on your person, you are able to speak, read, and write that language fluently.
If you carry more than one polyglot gem on your person, none of them function. </specific>
    <rules>
      <select type="Language" number="1" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
The next thing I'm going to mention isn't a fix per-say, but rather I wanted to open up a discussion about making a change with the essentials classes. Specifically about their fixed level powers.

I've been playing around with the Hexblade lately, and I really wanted to use Acolyte Power to swap out Master of Magic for something else (since it has a level, I believe that this can be done). However, because the <grant> tag is being used, the character builder doesn't allow you to do that. So, I propose changing this:

code:
<grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_13665" type="Power" />
For this:

code:
<select type="Power" number="1" Category="ID_FMP_POWER_13665" default="Master of Magic" />
This, of course, could be applied to a variety of the fixed powers. What this will do is similar to the Eldritch Blast selection (automatically selecting Eldritch Blast), but it is the only choice available. This will also be useful in the future should WotC decide that they can choose another specific power.

Obviously, to do this to all the essentials classes will be a lot of work, which is why I wanted to open up the discussion. Do you think it's worth it?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Entilzha4 posted:

The next thing I'm going to mention isn't a fix per-say, but rather I wanted to open up a discussion about making a change with the essentials classes. Specifically about their fixed level powers.

I've been playing around with the Hexblade lately, and I really wanted to use Acolyte Power to swap out Master of Magic for something else (since it has a level, I believe that this can be done). However, because the <grant> tag is being used, the character builder doesn't allow you to do that. So, I propose changing this:

code:
<grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_13665" type="Power" />
For this:

code:
<select type="Power" number="1" Category="ID_FMP_POWER_13665" default="Master of Magic" />
This, of course, could be applied to a variety of the fixed powers. What this will do is similar to the Eldritch Blast selection (automatically selecting Eldritch Blast), but it is the only choice available. This will also be useful in the future should WotC decide that they can choose another specific power.

Obviously, to do this to all the essentials classes will be a lot of work, which is why I wanted to open up the discussion. Do you think it's worth it?

That would be awesome to implement, for sure.

AlphaAnt
Jun 24, 2011
I coded up the Hordelands Nomad and Sohei this morning, so I could use one of them for tomorrow's game. Let me know if you find any errors. Enjoy!

code:
<!--Sohei-->
 <RulesElement name="Sohei" type="Theme" internal-id="ID_FMP_THEME_D404_CT_SOHEI" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:08:56 AM">
	<specific name="Creating"> Sohei are religious devotees focused on martial practice. Although they might have different religions, purposes, and techniques, divine power unites them. Most of these warrior-monks come from among weapon-using divine classes, such as the avenger, cleric, paladin, and runepriest. Some sohei focus more on the martial aspect of training than on the supernatural, as fighters, rangers, and warlords do. Obscure religious orders that are devoted to primal or ancestral spirits could train barbarians, druids, seekers, and wardens to become sohei. Other cults might focus on the power of the mind over the body. Psionic practitioners such as ardents, battleminds, and monks could be sohei among these sects. Religious devotion can also involve arcane practice or shadow magic; a pious assassin, blackguard, hexblade, or swordmage might become a sohei. </specific>
    <specific name="_PARSED_SUB_FEATURES"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI1,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI5,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI10 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_14172,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI6,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI10,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI3,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI13,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI23 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI1" type="Class Feature" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI5" type="Class Feature" level="5" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI10" type="Class Feature" level="10" />
    </rules>
In Kara-Tur, as in the West, grand shrines can be found in the teeming cities. However, those seeking a quicker path to enlightenment or total devotion to the gods prefer remote monasteries or temples. Such places of worship offer immersion in spiritual pursuits and isolation from the distractions of civilization. Most are hidden high in remote hills or mountains, making the very act of finding the place a show of one's dedication to the sacred.

An urban shrine's clergy can look to the local authorities for protection from monsters, bandits, andenemies of the faith. A wilderness temple's devotees cannot; most secluded places of worship are as much fortress as monastery. Just as such a holy place needs walls, it also needs guardians who share the spiritual values of their less militant fellows. 

A sohei, sometimes called a yamabushi ("mountain warrior") due to the usual site of farflung monasteries and shrines, is a monastic soldier trained as a temple guardian. Rather than focusing on intense religious instruction, a sohei receives training in meditation, body control, and martial techniques. Although devoted clergy of the same religion or sect might practice pacifism, a sohei warrior-monk does not.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Starting Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI1" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 11:17:41 AM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain the sohei flair power. </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI1 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI1" type="Power" />
    </rules> 
A key tenet of your early training is the importance of pressing your initial attack. As you finish off one successful strike and turn to confront a second target, your enemies get an idea of who they're up against.

Benefit: You gain the sohei flair power.
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Level 5 Sohei Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI5" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 11:17:41 AM">
    <Category> 5 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain a +2 power bonus to Insight checks and Perception checks. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 5 </specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Insight Misc" value="+2" type="Power"/>
      <statadd name="Perception Misc" value="+2" type="Power"/>
    </rules>
A sohei must spot danger, overt or subtle. The quiet of the surrounding forest is a portent, and the furrow in a temple visitor's brow a warning. When a threat is revealed, a sohei acts without hesitation.

Benefit: You gain a +2 power bonus to Insight checks and Perception checks.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Level 10 Sohei Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_SOHEI10" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 11:17:41 AM">
    <Category> 10 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description">  You gain a +1 power bonus to saving throws against fear effects and effects that render you dazed, dominated, or stunned.</specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+1" type="Power" condition="vs. fear effects" />
      <statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+1" type="Power" condition="vs. dazed, dominated, and stunned" />
    </rules>
Duty requires the sohei to maintain clarity of purpose and to avoid outside inf luences, especially magical ones. Meditation and religious devotion help a sohei develop a mind stronger than that of the typical warrior. When others might break under the strain of mental pressure, the sohei remains resolute.

Benefit: You gain a +1 power bonus to saving throws against fear effects and effects that render you dazed, dominated, or stunned.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Flair" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI1" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MINOR_ACTION,1 </Category>
    <Prereqs> Sohei </Prereqs>
    <Flavor> The blood you've drawn spurs you on, and you lash at other enemies around you with divinely inspired fury. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Attack </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Divine, Weapon </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Minor Action </specific>
    <specific name="Requirement"> You must have hit an enemy with a weapon attack during this turn. </specific>
    <specific name="Target"> One creature
Level 21: One or two creatures.	</specific>
    <specific name="Attack"> Primary ability vs. AC </specific>
	<specific name="Hit"> 1[W] damage
Level 21: 2[W] damage</specific>
    <specific name="_ThemePower"> ID_FMP_THEME_D404_CT_SOHEI </specific>
    <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_THEME_D404_CT_SOHEI </specific>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Parry" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI2" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:32 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_IMMEDIATE_INTERRUPT,2 </Category>
    <Flavor> Divine guidance helps you place your weapon in the path of an attack. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Utility 2 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Divine </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Immediate Interrupt </specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"> You are hit by a melee or ranged attack while you are holding a weapon. </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> You gain a +2 power bonus to the defensed targetted by the attack until the end of your next turn. </specific>
The first steps toward weapon mastery are defensive; the wielder must survive in order to defeat the enemy. When a foe's attack hits, a sohei can steel his personal defenses against that attack in the instant before it connects.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Clarity" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI6" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:36 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_NO_ACTION,6 </Category>
    <Flavor> When an enemy tries to slip away from you, you stick to it. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Utility 6 </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> No Action </specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"> You start your turn subjected to a dominating or stunning effect that a save can end. </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> You make a saving throw against the effect. </specific>
Sohei battle on in spite of adversity. When an enemy hinders that fighting spirit, the spirit rebels. A sohei's meditative exercises sharpen this ability, allowing the warrior to cleanse the body or mind with a single act of focused will.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Invincibility" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI10" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:40 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_NO_ACTION,10 </Category>
    <Flavor> Your conscious mind can no longer be relied upon, so your sense of self retreats to your innermost soul and keeps acting. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Utility 10 </specific>
	<specific name="Trigger"> You start your turn dominated, stunned, or unconscious and have at least 1 hit point.</specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> You ignore the triggering condition and are instead dazed for the same duration as the triggering condition. </specific>
Perfection in sohei training allows the soul to control the body when the mind is sapped. This unconquerable aspect of a sohei's spiritual being is related in tales in which a celebrated sohei would not be felled until his or her duty was done.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Advance" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI3" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,3 </Category>
    <Flavor> Centering yourself as you move, you draw your weapon and rush to engage your enemies. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Attack 3 </specific>
	<specific name="Hit"> 2[W] + Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage </specific>
	<specific name="Effect"> You grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn. </specific>
	<specific name="Special"> You can draw a weapon when using this power. When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack. </specific>
When foes threaten the temple or its allies, sohei charge fearlessly to the front. This initial advance allows the temple guardians to form battle lines and, combined with sohei flurry, deliver a vicious opening assault designed to break enemy formations and weaken the foes' resolve. An advancing sohei can do the same when leading the charge of a smaller group.
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Rush" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI13" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,13 </Category>
    <Flavor> You attack without consideration for your own safety, trusting in the power of the divine to see you through the fight. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Attack 13 </specific>
	<specific name="Hit"> 3[W] + Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage </specific>
	<specific name="Effect"> You grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn. </specific>
	<specific name="Special"> You can draw a weapon when using this power. When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack. </specific>
An experienced sohei can quickly draw his or her weapon and rush forward to open with a brutal, focused attack.
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sohei Supremacy" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_SOHEI23" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,23 </Category>
    <Flavor> More than one foe faces your attack, which you bring to bear with a swiftness granted by unshakable focus and the power of faith. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Sohei Attack 23 </specific>
    <specific name="Target"> One or two creatures </specific>
	<specific name="Hit"> 3[W] + Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage </specific>
With supreme skill and deep faith, a sohei steps into combat with a savage attack against multiple foes.
  </RulesElement>

<!--Hordelands Nomad-->
 <RulesElement name="Hordelands Nomad" type="Theme" internal-id="ID_FMP_THEME_D404_CT_NOMAD" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:08:56 AM">
	<specific name="Creating"> Nomads of the Hordelands are predominantly human, although a few have nonhuman blood. Every adult nomad is a warrior, though with varying skills, and all nomads respect primal spirits rather than deities. Martial practitioners and primal spellcasters are most widespread; only a few tribesfolk practice arcane arts. Fighters, rangers, and warlords are common, as are barbarians, druids, seekers, shamans, and wardens. Warlocks, especially those of the fey or vestige pact, and sorcerers are the usual wielders of arcane power among the nomads. These people consider a "shaman" to be anyone who has powers unrelated to weapon use, even if those powers are not primal. </specific>
    <specific name="_PARSED_SUB_FEATURES"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD1,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD5,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD10 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_14172,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD6,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD10,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD3,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD13,ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD23 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD1" type="Class Feature" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD5" type="Class Feature" level="5" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD10" type="Class Feature" level="10" />
    </rules>
Between Faerun and Kara-Tur is a vast steppe, held through history by more than one ancient empire. Despite the area's turbulent past, the advent of the Spellplague, and the rise of the Tuigan nation of Yaimunnahar, the folk of the Hordelands live as they have for centuries. Because the steppe offers few resources, all the nomads of the Hordelands (Taan, as they call themselves) are master riders and hardy survivalists. They rely on their mounts and livestock, as well as connections to nature and primal power, for survival.

People of the Hordelands venerate Teylas, the Sky Lord, who is called Akadi in Faerun, and worship Etugen, Earth Mother, known among Faerunians as Grumbar. Additionally, and to a lesser degree, the nomads idolize a plethora of other primal spirits. Some of these latter entities live in named places, such as oases, across the plains. Others represent important or fierce animals of the prairie.

Tribal customs among the nomads focus on pleasing the spirits as they seek to ensure that the elements remain in balance. Those living in the Hordelands believe that bad luck, such as an inability to find water, is the work of offended spirits. To aid them in their work with the spirits, the nomads use primal magic, and their familiarity with it grants them a sixth sense when it comes to spiritual influences. Not only do they gain closeness to the spirits that surround them, they can sense the presence of myriad fey crossings on the plains, which provides them with the opportunity to interact with fey creatures, too.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Hordelands Nomad Starting Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD1" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 11:17:41 AM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain the Hordelands Nomad flair power. </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD1 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_FEAT_30" type="Feat" />
	  <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SHORTBOW)" type="Proficiency" />
    </rules> 
Hordelands nomads are born to ride and shoot from the saddle. Fast travel, skilled riding, and accurate shooting are central to the nomadic way of life. As a nomad, you have spent more years in the saddle than not. Few can match your adeptness at fighting while astride a mount.

Benefit: You gain proficiency with the shortbow. You also gain the Mounted Combat feat.
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Level 5 Hordelands Nomad Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD5" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 11:17:41 AM">
    <Category> 5 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain a +2 power bonus to Insight checks and Perception checks. You can also use Nature instead of Arcana to sense the presence of magic and to make knowledge checks about elemental, fey, or shadow creatures. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 5 </specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Nature Misc" value="+2" type="Power"/>
    </rules>
Hordelands nomads have a knack for interacting with the natural world, as well as for sensing the mystical and the elemental. Most tribesfolk use this ability to avoid offending the spirits. As an adventurer, you can use your aptitude to discern nearby supernatural influences or creatures.

Benefit: You gain a +2 power bonus to Nature checks. In addition, you can use the Nature skill as if it were Arcana to sense the presence of magic, and to make monster knowledge checks about creatures that have the elemental, fey, or shadow origin.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Level 10 Hordelands Nomad Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_D404_CT_NOMAD10" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 11:17:41 AM">
    <Category> 10 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description">   You gain a +1 power bonus to saving throws. If you are attempting to avoid being knocked prone while mounted, your bonus is +5 instead.</specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+1" type="Power"/>
      <statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+5" type="Power" condition="vs. being knocked prone while mounted" />
    </rules>
Spirits favor those who show them reverence, and Hordelands nomads have an immense amount of respect for them. Your own deference to the spirits has granted you a small boon in the form of greater luck.

Benefit: You gain a +1 power bonus to saving throws. If you are attempting to avoid being knocked prone while mounted, your bonus is +5 instead.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Steppe-Horse Spirit" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD2" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:32 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_33,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MOVE_ACTION,2 </Category>
    <Prereqs> Hordelands Nomad </Prereqs>
    <Flavor> You draw deeply upon your tie to the land and leap into motion, avoiding retaliation with your first steps and moving with ease despite hindrances. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Hordelands Nomad Utility 2 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Primal </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Move Action </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> You move up to your speed, ignoring difficult terrain and suffering no negative effects for squeezing. If you are mounted, you can instead grant your mount this power's effect. </specific>
    <specific name="_ThemePower"> ID_FMP_THEME_D404_CT_NOMAD </specific>
    <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_THEME_D404_CT_NOMAD </specific>
A spiritual kinship with the plains ponies of the Hordelands is foremost in a nomad's upbringing. The horse moves with clever grace and sure footing. Riders of the steppes learn to utilize this ability in the saddle and draw upon their connection with Earth Mother to mimic their mount while out of the saddle.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Breath of Teylas" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD6" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:36 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_33,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_9,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_IMMEDIATE_REACTION,6 </Category>
    <Flavor> The wind is knocked out of you, but the breath of Teylas sustains you and carries you to safety </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Hordelands Nomad Utility 6 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Healing, Primal </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Immediate Reaction </specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"> An enemy bloodies you or scores a critical hit against you. </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> You spend a healing surge and regain a number of additional hit points equal to your highest ability modifier. Then, shift up to half your speed. If you are mounted, your mount also regains a number of hit points equal to your highest ability modifier, and it can shift instead of you. </specific>
Beneath the steppe's vast sky, a nomad can feel the awesomeness that is Teylas, the Sky Lord. The great sky spirit moves as the breath in every creature's lungs. He is life. When life is threatened, through Teylas it endures. When you are threatened, Teylas moves through you to support you.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Hordelands Nomad Invincibility" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD10" source="Dragon Magazine 399" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:40 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_UTILITY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_33,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_IMMEDIATE_INTERRUPT,10 </Category>
    <Flavor> Earth spirits return control of your movement to you when an enemy tries to push you around. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
    <specific name="Display"> Hordelands Nomad Utility 10 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Primal </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Immediate Interrupt </specific>
	<specific name="Trigger"> You or a mount you are riding is subjected to forced movement or knocked prone. </specific>
    <specific name="Effect"> Neither you nor your mount is forcibly moved or knocked prone. Instead, you or your mount can shift up to the number of squares you would have been moved forcibly. </specific>
The earth is a mother to the tribes of the Hordelands. She gives sustenance and shelter. Her body is a source of protection and solidity. Steppe tribesfolk keep their feet or the hooves of their horses firmly planted. Each nomad keeps his or her soul properly grounded by respecting the spirits of the earth. These spirits can reciprocate, providing stability when it is needed.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Sky Arrows" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD3" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_20,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_33,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_NO_ACTION,3 </Category>
    <Flavor> With a whispered homage to the storm spirits, you loose a ranged attack that rumbles with thunder. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Hordelands Nomad Attack 3 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Primal, Thunder </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type"> Special </specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"> You hit an enemy with an at-will ranged attack. </specific>
	<specific name="Effect"> The enemy takes 1d8 extra thunder damage from the attack. </specific>
Legends of the Hordelands nomads speak of the otherworldly nature of their ranged attacks. Those who have witnessed the nomads fight tell of the accompanying boom of thunder that resonates when their arrows strike home.
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Hordelands Nomad Rush" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD13" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_33,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_56,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_NO_ACTION,13 </Category>
    <Flavor> Calling upon the storm spirits, you send forth an attack imbued with thunder or lightning. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Hordelands Nomad Attack 13 </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Primal, Varies </specific>
    <specific name="Trigger"> You hit an enemy with an at-will ranged attack. </specific>
	<specific name="Effect"> The enemy takes 2d8 extra thunder damage or 2d8 extra lightning damage from the attack. </specific>
Some tales describe how a nomad whispers to an arrow or a wand before attacking. Such shots can carry the fury of Teylas in his storm form.
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Hordelands Nomad Supremacy" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_D404_CT_NOMAD23" source="Dragon Magazine 404" revision-date="6/28/2011 9:24:27 AM">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_2,ID_FMP_CLASS_3,ID_FMP_CLASS_4,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CLASS_7,ID_FMP_CLASS_8,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CLASS_53,ID_FMP_CLASS_104,ID_FMP_CLASS_124,ID_FMP_CLASS_125,ID_FMP_CLASS_126,ID_FMP_CLASS_127,ID_FMP_CLASS_128,ID_FMP_CLASS_129,ID_FMP_CLASS_134,ID_FMP_CLASS_147,ID_FMP_CLASS_148,ID_FMP_CLASS_362,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CLASS_466,ID_FMP_CLASS_472,ID_FMP_CLASS_529,ID_FMP_CLASS_602,ID_FMP_CLASS_705,ID_FMP_CLASS_713,ID_FMP_CLASS_716,ID_FMP_CLASS_719,ID_FMP_CLASS_722,ID_FMP_CLASS_779,ID_FMP_CLASS_784,ID_FMP_CLASS_788,ID_FMP_CLASS_790,ID_FMP_CLASS_793,ID_FMP_CLASS_811,ID_FMP_CLASS_813,ID_FMP_CLASS_817,ID_FMP_CLASS_821,ID_FMP_CLASS_883,ID_DAB_CLASS_1,ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_HYBRID,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_1-1,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_2-1,ID_TIV_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3,ID_TIV_HYBRID_CLASS_FH-SS_100_3-1,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_11,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_20,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_33,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_NO_ACTION,23 </Category>
    <Flavor>Thunder accompanies the crackle of lightning as you call upon the spirits of the storm to strike your foe. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Display"> Hordelands Nomad Attack 23 </specific>
	<specific name="Effect"> The enemy takes 2d8 extra thunder damage or 2d8 extra lightning damage from the attack. </specific>
Veterans among the Hordelands nomads send forth both a wave of thunder and the shock of lightning in each attack they make from afar.
  </RulesElement>

Shadowbane01
Apr 4, 2011
I'm totally inept at figuring out where to put these snippets into the part files, but i'm dying to see the new ninja stuff and the new themes. so i was wondering if they would get put into an update?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah all of a sudden I'm chomping at the bit to play a pixie or a ninja, or a ninja pixie even if they can't use one of the ninja weapons.

One thing I've noticed is that a couple of the feats that add damage on a hit are instead saying that they add to damage rolls, which unless there was errata and the actual text of the feats was not changed for some reason should not be how it works.

Crippling Crush, Deadly Axe I think it was the one that adds con modifier on OAs with an axe, and Headman's Chop at the very least and possibly one or two more although I don't remember which off hand. Headman's Chop is also showing up as +10 to damage rolls for some reason, and I was fairly sure it was +5 damage on a hit.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ryuujin posted:

Headman's Chop is also showing up as +10 to damage rolls for some reason, and I was fairly sure it was +5 damage on a hit.

It's showing up fine on my end:

+5 to damage rolls against a prone target - Headsman's Chop.

Please post a build of your character, maybe there's some cross-feat stuff that's going on which messes up headsman's chop.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Figured I do a couple of things this morning or afternoon where ever u may be

Currently running tests on the Polyglot Gem and Secrets of the ninja with CB

and then will work on the new theme post

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Drewjitsu posted:

It's showing up fine on my end:

+5 to damage rolls against a prone target - Headsman's Chop.
It does show up as +10 when you are using a khopesh, which counts as both an axe and a heavy blade and so inadvertently receives the bonus twice. I don't recall any other weapon off the top of my head that belongs to both weapon groups, at least.

Edit: it looks like changing the feat as follows should fix the khopesh problem at least. Luckily there are no other axe/heavy blade weapons from what I've seen, or this wouldn't be so simple.
pre:
<rules>  
   <statadd name="axe group:damage" value="+5" not-wearing="weapon:khopesh" condition="against a prone target" />
   <statadd name="heavy blade group:damage" value="+5" not-wearing="weapon:khopesh" condition="against a prone target" />
   <statadd name="khopesh:damage" value="+5" condition="against a prone target" />
</rules>

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psych0M0nk3y
May 31, 2011
I submitted the following change for the Blackguard to the Dudes.

On line 2645 of the 12-paladin.part file, changed the code to read:

code:
<select type="Power" number="1" Category="ID_FMP_CLASS_4,daily,15" />
This allows Blackguards the ability to choose a new daily at level 15, rather than replacing a previous daily.

• Locked thread