Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
RIP Dan Wheldon. Videogame racing significantly safer than IRL racing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daft chunK
Jan 23, 2008

Wut

Jarf posted:

My E-class racer :coal:

E class is the new F aint it?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Daft chunK posted:

E class is the new F aint it?

Pretty much. E class is a lot more versatile now that they've reordered the PI ratings.

Daft chunK
Jan 23, 2008

Wut

BlazeKinser posted:

Pretty much. E class is a lot more versatile now that they've reordered the PI ratings.

also the serious reduction in the number of F class cars.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

SAEG represent! You guys are a blast to race with. Especially now that people are actually starting to get their own builds out there.

Being able to have more than 8 cars on the track is just what this game needed.

I'm the blue 510 in these pics!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Couple of silly as hell vinyl requests, but if anyone could put together the Cascadia flag:

And the Cosmoline logo:

You'd make some folks happy :shobon:

I'm loving the little touches in this game, like the hood cowl inductor flap on the Chevelle coming up at speed :neckbeard:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Previa_fun posted:

I borrowed a friend's 360 and was so excited to download and play the demo and OH HEY loving TERRIBLE MUSIC YOU CAN'T TURN OFF. Maybe I'm dense and I missed that option.

Put an MP3 on a USB stick, play and then pause it via the dashboard. Go back into Forza and enjoy the glorious engine roar!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Me and 3 mates are dominating on soccer in evos and imprezas against hummers. I've not laughed so much at a game ever hahaha. Amazing.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Couple of silly as hell vinyl requests, but if anyone could put together the Cascadia flag:

You'd make some folks happy :shobon:

Seconding this!

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

F & B ready for SAEG; any other spec races planned?

gt: pissboy spastic

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
A 'My Name is Earl' paint job from their BRAT would be great too:
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_45175-Subaru-BRAT-1987.html

Guess it'd have to be on an El Camino. Could do this for the El Camino too:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Manual shifting is so difficult, is there any way to get used to it or a tutorial or anything?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Brace posted:

Manual shifting is so difficult, is there any way to get used to it or a tutorial or anything?

Set the controller up so that A shifts up and X shifts down. At least then it will feel natural and intuitive on your hand and you won't have to move your thumb around to do it.

As for getting a feel for it, just go to free race mode and play around on a couple of straights. The general idea is that while you have your foot on the gas, you pretty much always want to keep the revs as high as possible without redlining 100% of the time. Simple as that!

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

GreatGreen posted:

Set the controller up so that A shifts up and X shifts down. At least then it will feel natural and intuitive on your hand and you won't have to move your thumb around to do it.

As for getting a feel for it, just go to free race mode and play around on a couple of straights. The general idea is that while you have your foot on the gas, you pretty much always want to keep the revs as high as possible without redlining 100% of the time. Simple as that!

I find turns to be the most difficult, trying to guess how many gears to shift and how much to break, but I have troubles with breaking even in automatic...

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Brace posted:

I find turns to be the most difficult, trying to guess how many gears to shift and how much to break, but I have troubles with breaking even in automatic...

Shifting gears pretty much always comes down to the particular car you're driving. Try to get a feel for exactly how fast you'll be going during each gear shift of your particular car (shift to 2nd at 40 mph, 3rd at 70 mph, etc) and make your shifts quickly right around or right after the apex of the turn based on your speed at the time.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
First night of racing with SAEG tonight and it was awesome. The club garage is such a great idea, as it's one thing to race with cool cars but it's better when they all have awesome paintjobs / tunes.

Car football is an absolute riot. Not just saying that because we won :getin:

Brace posted:

I've just recently changed to using manual (this is with a controller) and I love it. Then again I may be the only one who hasn't remapped the shift up/down buttons :shobon:

But yeah practice is basically the only real way to get better at it. Don't be afraid to rev the ever-living gently caress out of a car before changing. Downshifting is maybe a little trickier to nail (I still find myself loving this up) but it comes with time too.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Ziploc posted:

How do I remove a car from a car group?

EDIT: Not club, group.

Anyone?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

GISH request sent under gamertag WALTSPOORAZTEC

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Haak posted:

First night of racing with SAEG tonight and it was awesome. The club garage is such a great idea, as it's one thing to race with cool cars but it's better when they all have awesome paintjobs / tunes.

Car football is an absolute riot. Not just saying that because we won :getin:

I've just recently changed to using manual (this is with a controller) and I love it. Then again I may be the only one who hasn't remapped the shift up/down buttons :shobon:

But yeah practice is basically the only real way to get better at it. Don't be afraid to rev the ever-living gently caress out of a car before changing. Downshifting is maybe a little trickier to nail (I still find myself loving this up) but it comes with time too.

Yeah, even though I'm loving up with it(obviously) it's so much nicer to be able to get through a corner without having to kill the breaks, and coming out of a corner and dusting every other car on the track is great.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Jarf, got any screenshots of the Nurburgring GP and Norschlife races?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well, I started a car club with some IRL friends, but they are all terrible and don't have any fun racing with me. So I think I'm going to ditch them and send a request to GISH so I can get in on some goon races. (And to have access to the nice garage).

GT: Doctor Nutt

e: Actually sent one to LLJK, looked like there were a couple spots left. If they've already been claimed, let me know and I'll send one to GISH.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 17, 2011

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Hey, who wanted the Suntory Boss Coffee commodore?

Message me, my GT is SHoGuNN3R if you want it.

There's also a minimal sponsors and a 2-tone version as well.

Also, heres a nifty livery I made for free for Inwo 3000.

I was going for an 80's rally look. I'm taking possible request if anyone wants.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

How do you handle putting horizontal stripes on a car where the front or rear quarter panels are curved? Been toying with this on my Datsun 510 and I can't get it to stay straight on the front.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Brace posted:

Want to get real good real fast?

Test Drive > Nurburgring. You can't rewind in test mode, so turn the damage off. Learn one of the greatest tracks in the world as you master your driving skills. Check out your lap time, and compete with yourself to lower that lap time. You'll be so focused on shifting and steering that you will sometimes completely quit looking at the track. Nurburg will do you the favor of biting you if that happens. When you can comfortably lap Nurburg with a manual transmission and simulation damage, not only can you drive manual, but you know the track as well.

If you seriously can not get the car around Nurburg yet, load a simple playground like Maple Valley short or one of the Benchmark Ring inner bits and just putt around practicing your shifting until you can get back out to a real track.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I sent a request AGAIN.

xultxforcex

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Shogunner posted:

Hey, who wanted the Suntory Boss Coffee commodore?

Message me, my GT is SHoGuNN3R if you want it.

There's also a minimal sponsors and a 2-tone version as well.

Also, heres a nifty livery I made for free for Inwo 3000.

I was going for an 80's rally look. I'm taking possible request if anyone wants.

I squealed irl.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So I just drove the Mazda Furai for the first time.

Oh my loving God. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

After waiting for it to show up in the Used Marked in Gran Tursimo 5 (and it never showing), actually getting to drive it instantly and with no trouble at all, any time I want in Forza 4 makes me glad I bought this game. The fact that the car happens to be an asphalt devouring demon is just icing on the cake!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ahaha, holy poo poo. I'm ranked 180th on the Bernese Alps Festival Circuit, R3 class, in terms of lap times. Using a stock Robertson Racing GT Mk. 7. Feels awesome :neckbeard:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brace posted:

Yeah, even though I'm loving up with it(obviously) it's so much nicer to be able to get through a corner without having to kill the breaks, and coming out of a corner and dusting every other car on the track is great.

Most corners are second or third gear. Keep to that rule and you'll have 95% of corners worked out.

Also the things that slow down and stop your car are called brakes :)

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

You Am I posted:

Most corners are second or third gear. Keep to that rule and you'll have 95% of corners worked out.

Also the things that slow down and stop your car are called brakes :)

How did I even misspell that... I swear I knew they were called brakes! :smith:

crabfriend
Oct 12, 2010

NO
Sent a request to join GISH, gt is sfrofu. Also the Stradale is the best car.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Ziploc posted:

Anyone?

Move it to a special group for just that car then delete that special group. Then it wont be in any group.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

When I was a young boy, I met Kitt at the Knight Rider attraction in Universal Studios. I asked him if he was faster than the batmobile. He started quoting performance stats as given by Warner Bros, and his own stats, claiming he could smoke the batmobile (at least the 90s era model).

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Shogunner posted:

I'm taking possible request if anyone wants.

I posted one a page or two ago. It's for the company for which I work, Karma Coffee. I put up a picture:

I would love to see that incorporated into a racing livery, maybe for a BMW 2002 or something similarly fun to drive. I would even be happy with just a decal for the symbol and text, or whatever you're up for. If you don't feel like it, don't worry.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I passed along a request to join GISH. WeeBairns

ChocNitty posted:

Nice.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

TravBot posted:

I posted one a page or two ago. It's for the company for which I work, Karma Coffee. I put up a picture:

I would love to see that incorporated into a racing livery, maybe for a BMW 2002 or something similarly fun to drive. I would even be happy with just a decal for the symbol and text, or whatever you're up for. If you don't feel like it, don't worry.

I don't have the time right now to do the elephant. I'll try sometime in the week if I have time though. :)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

And tires might not always be the best thing to do. If the car has no power in the first place, you might want to look into increasing that if it already turns well. Just drive a car stock and see what it does and what you want it to do. No one is going to tune every car the same, and you shouldn't. Tune it to how you like to drive. If you like to always be gripping the road, up the tires and be careful with power. If you like to slide through corners, forget about tires and just add more POOOOOOWEEEER.

Yeah, my personal view is that tire compound upgrades take up a lot of PI, and sometimes just widening the tires or upgrading the suspension may be all you need to get the handling you're looking for. Those two things take up a lot less PI that can be used for other upgrades.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
Added myself to the spreadsheet so I dont get randy booted from LLJK. I will be gone from Nov 21-Dec 21 because of deployment training and then deployment from feb until august sometime.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Shogunner posted:

I don't have the time right now to do the elephant. I'll try sometime in the week if I have time though. :)

No worries. It's only a request because I'd get a huge kick out of it and have zero creative ability myself, so anything would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress do you do these topgear bowling things, the score is stupidly high for some reason. Somehow i'm having problems getting enough points with a 500bhp hummer on slicks.

• Locked thread