Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it
Currently can't hook up my Xbox to the internet because I live out of a hotel room. Is this worth getting without having Live? I do love Forza, but I just don't know. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

DrPain posted:

how do you guys justify spending $500+ on peripherals?!!? I'm sure it must be real real awesome, but drat. That a lotta bux for one game.
Picture three theoretical hobbies:
1) Video game driving with a Fanatec
2) Buying a new car on credit
3) Having a baby

One of these options costs $500 one time, two of them cost considerably more than that every month for the term of "Forever", or 36 months, whichever applies.

Many will "own" a new car, many will have a bebeh, few will know the pride of owning a video game peripheral that costs as much as Samoa's annual GDP.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wolfy posted:

The club system makes it really easy to race with us. At any time you can just invite your online club members to the game you're in. Usually there's a room or two going just for LLJK. I'm constantly getting invites when I'm playing single player.

Cool. I just sent a request to GISH because LLJK was full :argh:

I just got the 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Stradale and its so beautiful, and sounds the part too. I love classic cars :allears:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

azerdude32 posted:

Whats the best way to get in touch with fellow goons? I have a Mac and can't really IRC chat (or I can, I just don't know of a way).

Also, I'm going to apply to LLJK or GISH. Gamertag: azerdude32

No idea what the IRC channel is for this game, but Colloquy is a good Mac IRC client, or you can use Adium.

Idiot race posted:

Whats your GT? I need to have some dinner and then maybe a lil bit of racing if anyone else is on mebbe.

There was a guy who wanted me mr2 tune yesterday clutchoid? I'll put that up on my storefront with a SAEG tag.

Also is there anyone who could make the following as vinyls? I'm no good at this painting lark.

edit: oh yeah i've got the hang of manual+clutch, god i'm killing the ai with this so bad I might have to turn it off. It still makes my thumb hurt a bit because I think I must be holding the controller like a retard.

Edit: ffs the forza server is loving up again :argh:

Hell, I have free time and could always use the spacebucks/practice. I'll take a crack at this later tonight, if you still need them.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

No idea what the IRC channel is for this game, but Colloquy is a good Mac IRC client, or you can use Adium.

Hell, I have free time and could always use the spacebucks/practice. I'll take a crack at this later tonight, if you still need them.

#forzagoons on irc.synirc.net

It is in the OP. :ssh: If you're on a Mac, you can just go to http://www.mibbit.com and use their site to chat.

TotallyGreen
Jun 30, 2002

REMIND ME AGAIN, HOW
THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED
ONES MOVE.
Looking for a recommendation here:

My dog ate my Forza 2 disc a few months back, and I'm feeling the itch to play a racing game again. I'm a fair weather racing game player at best, and probably only put 20-30 hours into Forza 2. I'm only going to play single player.

Are the improvements in 4 enough better that I should go buy it rather than just buying 3 ultimate and saving 30 bucks?

TotallyGreen fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 18, 2011

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I HAVE ALSO SENT A REQUEST TO GISH

gt: aphex

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Here is one of today's Jarf Invitational Races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ9xQZg33Q

If anyone has a better idea how to record them, I'm all ears. I was just randomly jumping and trying to find the best races. Missed most of the battle for 1st on the last few laps.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh look what car is back!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Minimaul posted:

Go to your dash then settings or whatever the memory, then forza4 then look for the save file that has the "!" next to it and says corrupt. That's the one that you need to delete. If it's your save file, you're hosed. If it's a different one (like tuning file) you'll lose that tune but nothing else.

Sweeeeeet, it wasn't my save file :D No idea wtf it was though.
Thanks man!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

TotallyGreen posted:

My dog ate my Forza 2 disc a few months back, and I'm feeling the itch to play a racing game again. I'm a fair weather racing game player at best, and probably only put 20-30 hours into Forza 2. I'm only going to play single player.

Are the improvements in 4 enough better that I should go buy it rather than just buying 3 ultimate and saving 30 bucks?

First: Yes.

Second: Do you want to play with a bunch of goons? Get 4.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Athanatos posted:

Here is one of today's Jarf Invitational Races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ9xQZg33Q

If anyone has a better idea how to record them, I'm all ears. I was just randomly jumping and trying to find the best races. Missed most of the battle for 1st on the last few laps.

That is awesome. You are awesome. I suck so bad at turn 3 of Road America. TommySA's finish was spectacular.

Also, here is hello spaceman's awesome crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_XY2rIWzI

Jarf fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 18, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

TotallyGreen posted:

The improved handling and sound alone are worth spending the extra money, but also F4 makes it much, much easier to just pick the cars you want and play around with them since in-game money is so much easier to come by.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

BlazeKinser posted:

The improved handling and sound alone are worth spending the extra money, but also F4 makes it much, much easier to just pick the cars you want and play around with them since in-game money is so much easier to come by.

Having played 4, 3 sucks. There is no going back, don't do it, get 4.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Just ran into three of you GISH fuckers in Hummer busses. Luckily managed to avoid any pileups, thank god a Spirit R is more agile than a schoolbus.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh jesus they let you save in bmp this time round!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
I made another rat look, I fear this is becoming an addiction :ohdear:

Getting around 200k cr a day now from the storefront, which is more than I ever made in all of F3! Infact my lavish spending can't keep up with it, I've hit 1mil ingame for the first time now I'm just dying to waste it on something rediculous like a countach or a billion camaros.

Then I need to take it into rivals mode because goddamn you guys are knocking me down alot since all i've been doing is drat vinyls.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

I would love to do some Goon Races, I'm in a Car Club with a friend, so I can't join the goon ones. I'm hanging out in the IRC, just wanted to throw it up here too.

GT - UnheardWar

Public races are awful. We joined a race that had 4 members of a car club in Hummers that just blocked everyone on the track. They just went really slow so we'd keep lapping them, then do it again.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

What's the best car to upgrade for the 1/4 mile drag challenge?

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

Jarf posted:

That is awesome. You are awesome. I suck so bad at turn 3 of Road America. TommySA's finish was spectacular.

Also, here is hello spaceman's awesome crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_XY2rIWzI

Haha, holy poo poo. I didn't think of it at the time but someone crashing in the tunnel near the end of the full Fujimi Kaido we did filled me with similar terror / mirth. SAEG owns.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Has anyone done an E28 like Rusty Slammington yet?! I would love one if so.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
New use for Goonbus:

1 driver in Lotus Elise/Exige
Everyone else in a Goonbus Hummer

Oval track, simulation damage on, Lotus guy drives in the correct direction for the race, everyone else drives the other direction and attempts to murder him in the face on the straights. His evasiveness will cause Goonbussers to flip their own Hummers attempting to slay him, and be left as detritus/obstacles with sim damage on.

If Lotus Guy can complete his (10 or whatever) laps before the Destruction Squad can kill his car (to the point he can't limp back to the pits without everyone gangbanging him endlessly) he wins, if he gives up from compete car ruination and hilarious ownage, then Destruction Squad wins.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

BrokenKnees posted:

Just ran into three of you GISH fuckers in Hummer busses. Luckily managed to avoid any pileups, thank god a Spirit R is more agile than a schoolbus.

Excuse me, sir. There were 4 of us :frogc00l:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Yo Idiot race, I don't know what this thing means and I can't really read it but it's on my storefront:

Gamertag is gregchiasson and I threw them up there pretty cheap, just so I can whore out for credits on that GTCC vinyl leaderboards.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Jarf posted:

Got my A class car, a DeTomaso Pantera 8)

It's so awesome it makes Ferrari's loving explode when they see it coming!

Currently uploading the video to this, it has to be the most spectacular single car crash I've seen yet.
The first race on line and I get involved in this amazing crash. I was the Merc that ploughed right into that Ferrari, I managed to take out another car and then the Ferrari ploughed into my spun out rear end!

Thanks for the races guys! Today I learned that I need some A class practice.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I can't believe how much fun the Top Gear track is. Was racing against a friend and AI last night, he was in a V12 Aston Martin Vantage, me in a Ferrari 360 (modded to be at the top of A class) and we were having a great time. Especially once you have worked out how to attack the follow through and the corner after it.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

Yo Idiot race, I don't know what this thing means and I can't really read it but it's on my storefront:

Gamertag is gregchiasson and I threw them up there pretty cheap, just so I can whore out for credits on that GTCC vinyl leaderboards.

I love it. What kind of car is it?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
It's an MR2

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Yeah, it's the old rear end MR2. I love it except for the stupid door handle looking like some sort of accent mark over the e there. I think that's an e anyway.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Is there any way to increase the AI difficulty without changing the "controls" difficulty? For some reason, I've been trouncing every race in Career mode despite an often terrible understeer problem, yet I step into online races and can't get above 8th.

That, or how the hell are people so good online?

Also,

ANAmal.net posted:

Oh MR2, I love you. That car is what got me really, really into this game—it just had such fun handling. That may be the best storefront design I've seen yet, really nice and clean letter-work.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 18, 2011

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Take 10 got it close with the Cat vs Mouse picture; they should use this instead:

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

Is the art under design or vinyl group? I couldn't find it.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Partial Octopus posted:

:frogsiren:If you are not registered to this list by friday wednesday you will be kicked from lljk:frogsiren:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'm going on a trip this weekend starting thursday so I'm just going to say gently caress it and kick people out wednesday.

:dealwithit:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Partial Octopus posted:

Is the art under design or vinyl group? I couldn't find it.

It's just the vinyl groups, yeah. I can throw the entire car design up there, but I usually just post the decals. The round one on the hood and the words on the side should definitely both be up there.

Honestly all I did with the car was paint the hood and the wing blue to match the dot on that fancy-looking i, you aren't missing much.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So I am curious, are there any bonuses to driving with assists off (abs, traction control, Stability control, simulation steering) Like being able to corner better once you get how to down, or anything like that?

I remember reading in this thread a few pages back that driving manual with the clutch can help you actually go faster once you get the hang of it. Considering trying that out when I get home tonight.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Asmodai_00 posted:

Take 10 got it close with the Cat vs Mouse picture; they should use this instead:

That is VERY SILLY.

So car clubs, right? I saw you weirdos put like a million cars in the shared car area. How many can a club have at once? Can you drive them concurrently? Can you tune them? Are they available in online races?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Does the AI get less lovely at any point in the game? I'm level 43 and smoking them left and right...

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
What difficulty have you set them at?

edit: and suddenly I get invited to some goon races. I really want to join up but am afraid my car will magically start floating like what happened when someone lagged in forza 3, My connection isn't the best

crazkylo fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 18, 2011

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

crazkylo posted:

What difficulty have you set them at?

My "game difficulty" is set to advanced...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effect
Jul 31, 2003
This game is amazing, its starting to get difficult after a few seasons so now i have to actually tune cars!

I'm going to friend some Australians, mostly for rivals mode. (I'm Fedex Kinkos)

• Locked thread