Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Possible scar reference, although it could just be suicide fairy being mean.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=315

Annie didn't get cut until after she met the fairies, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

She is talking about Annie's makeup.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Did Tom change something about his lettering? It looks a lot better now than in those early chapters, but it's the same font. Is it just that it looks better printed smaller?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Quite excited to start a new chapter, this'll be the first one I've read as it comes out from the beginning (did the big archive read about half way through Give and Take).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did Tom change something about his lettering? It looks a lot better now than in those early chapters, but it's the same font. Is it just that it looks better printed smaller?

The letters are spaced closer now, even accounting for a smaller font. Also they seem to be thicker.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
As a marine bio student and avid diver I have to wonder why Annie is so grossed out. Oceanic crustaceans making out is one of the most beautiful, natural sights in the world.

Ok I couldn't even type that without bursting into laughter, I know exactly why she's making that face, as I have made it

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like how she was making the same face in the solid world.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DarklyDreaming posted:

As a marine bio student and avid diver I have to wonder why Annie is so grossed out. Oceanic crustaceans making out is one of the most beautiful, natural sights in the world.

Ok I couldn't even type that without bursting into laughter, I know exactly why she's making that face, as I have made it

Little derail, but leopard slug mating is legit astounding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVi4Z6CjZk

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
That was an amazing video. I never knew slugs rubbed their head-dicks and made a neon blue flower with them until this very minute.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's gross! I'm never having sex ever again!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Phy posted:

Little derail, but leopard slug mating is legit astounding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVi4Z6CjZk

Fun fact: if their giant neon slug dicks get too knotted up one of the slugs will chew off the other ones dick so it can leave.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

VanSandman posted:

I like how she was making the same face in the solid world.

Yeah, I just noticed that as well. Hilarious.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phy posted:

I happened to have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGwlEJTjc4 playing in the background when I watched that. Surprisingly good music for watching twirly glowy giant slug head-dick sex.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Fun fact: if their giant neon slug dicks get too knotted up one of the slugs will chew off the other ones dick so it can leave.
I was going to watch the video but this has horrified me and now that link shall remain forever unclicked.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I just realized that I've been reading Bud's lines in the voice of Jake, from Adventure Time (same guy who voices Bender). He's a cool dude who just wants to party and he has a lovely lady friend.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AfroSpatula posted:

That was an amazing video. I never knew slugs rubbed their head-dicks and made a neon blue flower with them until this very minute.

While dangling from a thin streak of mucus, don't forget.

Wait... acrobatic neon blue head-dick sex? Jim Cameron's got some 'splainin to do.

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.

Elysiume posted:

I was going to watch the video but this has horrified me and now that link shall remain forever unclicked.

Watch that video. No dick chewing, just beautiful wildlife doing beautiful things.

Edit: Don't forget, Sir David Attenborough!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

AfroSpatula posted:

Edit: Don't forget, Sir David Attenborough!

He just narrates, though. He's not participating.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A good prank, that's a good prank.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

SynthOrange posted:

A good prank, that's a good prank.

This is incorrect, the right answer is "a dumb prank."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was being sarcastic you good poster!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tollymain posted:

I happened to have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGwlEJTjc4 playing in the background when I watched that. Surprisingly good music for watching twirly glowy giant slug head-dick sex.

Extremely disappointed that this link did not point to Barry White. :colbert:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Zenzirouj posted:

I just realized that I've been reading Bud's lines in the voice of Jake, from Adventure Time (same guy who voices Bender). He's a cool dude who just wants to party and he has a lovely lady friend.

This is perfect.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Welp, you know this chapter is gonna own.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I just wish I knew who was going to be in it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Gunnerkrigg Court: Now partnering with Sanrio!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Thank goodness for a new chapter. I am tired of all this lovey dovey teenager stuff...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Tom, you are getting very good at this.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I just wish I knew who was going to be in it.

You big silly, it's right in the title: Eglamore's Day Out.

Hammer Backspace
Jan 3, 2011

we're gonna throw a world domination slumber party and we're not inviting any boys!!!!
I can't get on the Gunnerkrigg site; anybody else having this problem?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Hammer Backspace posted:

I can't get on the Gunnerkrigg site; anybody else having this problem?

I think it's on Dreamhost, and they're down right now. I'd imagine they'll sort it soon enough.
Edit: It's back!

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 21, 2011

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, the mystery of Jones' party hat shall be resolved.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Podima posted:

Ain't no mystery, Bud put it there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Podima posted:

Ain't no mystery, Jones is the god of hats.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Looking forward to the background shot of Parley and Smitty eating sandwiches in the second-to-last strip of this City Face arc!

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

loquacius posted:

Looking forward to the background shot of Parley and Smitty eating sandwiches in the second-to-last strip of this City Face arc!

I'd love a surprise City Face arc. I was visiting NYC recently and I saw a pigeon eating a bagel on the ground. I said to the person I was with "Look! A human business man" before remembering that it's not a very well known reference and I probably shouldn't blurt it out loud in public for no reason.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

QueerPope posted:

I'd love a surprise City Face arc. I was visiting NYC recently and I saw a pigeon eating a bagel on the ground. I said to the person I was with "Look! A human business man" before remembering that it's not a very well known reference and I probably shouldn't blurt it out loud in public for no reason.

City Face was how I got my boyfriend to start reading Gunnerkrigg. He loved the beak line so much that he's coined the phrase, "thinking with your beak" whenever he comes up with a good idea.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Someone has been practising.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's a pretty convenient thing to have. Girlfriend on demand. Bam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Bip is one of my favorite sound effects.