Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Short but sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKlgX2KzzOk&t=82s

The rest of the video is pretty rockin', as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Odette posted:

They all have really nice bikes.

Except that one with the scooter.

.........who has arguably the nicest bike of them all?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

Short but sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKlgX2KzzOk&t=82s

The rest of the video is pretty rockin', as well.

Everything in that video was insane. Does poo poo like this happen in the US as well, and we just don't get it on video, or is Russia as nuts as it looks?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's longer videos of it but those guys with the 3-piece band on the sidecar rig are fantastic. That's the kind of poo poo you only ever see in Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the 70s.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Boat posted:

Everything in that video was insane. Does poo poo like this happen in the US as well, and we just don't get it on video, or is Russia as nuts as it looks?

When Russians get drunk, they get DRUNK. Cheap vodka is one hell of drug.

Couple this with the traditional Russian "we're hosed anyway, we can't change what's coming, so it's probably OK" style of fatalism plus the impossibility of efficiently governing and policing a country that big, with that low a population density and with such a storied history of corruption and hosed up things just tend to happen.

There are a couple of "we love America" videos on the same Youtube account. They're pretty good, too.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Took this one this weekend up at the New England Air Museum

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

Snowdens Secret posted:

It's so flat and shiny that it looks like it was rendered in the Quake 3 engine or something :psyduck:

Was that shopped?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

love the subtle HDR effect...

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's like a glowing one from fallout had sex with an army HD.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
It's very un-subtlely HDR'ed, yep. I wanted it to look kind of propaganda poster-y. The lighting was standard museum dim fluorescent so un-doctored photos are pretty bland. 3 frames +-2ev with the camera sitting on a railing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HD:argh:

Has there ever been a good HDR image?

toolshed
Sep 1, 2001

Phat_Albert posted:

Like CGI, all the good ones are the ones you don't notice.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

HNasty posted:

Cool just what motorcycling was missing! More west coast self obsessed "lifestyle", faux genuine bullshit. Nice helmets too.

Also one of them listed "part time model"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lmDTSQtK20c#t=10s

Helmets?

OH MY GOD THERE ARE WOMEN IN THOSE PICTURES! :gonk:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Speechless.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Spiffness posted:

Speechless.

I saw that... some idiot bought it on a whim, I bet, and then realized how stupid it was and is trying to recoup his losses.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How can you possibly have 12K invested in a couple wheels, tires, a sprocket, some forks and a bunch of bent tubing??

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Wanna put a ninja 250 engine in that.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I just imagine the bill for the bent tubing was in the many of thousands of dollars. Bro got fleeced.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Phat_Albert posted:

Not so subtle, but I think it's well deserved here. New York skyline. Pimpin mah products.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

SaNChEzZ posted:

Not so subtle, but I think it's well deserved here. New York skyline. Pimpin mah products.

You own New York? 1%er! :argh:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Gnaghi posted:

You own New York? 1%er! :argh:

Oh poo poo! Suddenly the 1% badges on Harley accountants makes sense!

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Ola posted:

Oh poo poo! Suddenly the 1% badges on Harley accountants makes sense!

It's like the real world version of the poor farm.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Cop just practicing some moves
http://wimp.com/practicessuperman/

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

What happens when my roommate gets bored
http://youtu.be/yX5TMn6nQWU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

NitroSpazzz posted:

SLAYER DAN

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

It might not be such a good idea to walk on a dirtbike track when people are riding on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtPf1lpCISw

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Snowdens Secret posted:

Any chance we could see the original, properly exposed image, and not what you puked radioactive photoshop crap over?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Check that seat out, you could put a big 'ole fat rear end on there... gawd ahmighty.

You have some awesome roommates.

hahaha this video keeps getting better and better.

"What's a tire wear?"

invision fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 19, 2011

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Pagan posted:

Any chance we could see the original, properly exposed image, and not what you puked radioactive photoshop crap over?

You mean that's real? I thought that was something from Battlefield or something.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Odette posted:

You mean that's real? I thought that was something from Battlefield or something.

No, that's what happens when someone with no photographic eye realizes they've taken a boring picture and tries to "spice it up." It's the equivalent of someone in the kitchen dumping ALL THE SPICES on your food because hey, a little tastes good, right, so a lot tastes better!

We make fun of people like that in Creative Convention all the time. What's sad is, the subject itself is pretty interesting, and doesn't need a ton of lovely processing.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

invision posted:

hahaha this video keeps getting better and better.

"Motorcycle ridin's dangerous, an uh you just gonna crash, it's gonna happen and when it does you better be drunk so you don't feel it.

This is the cut down version, pretty sure the original is 20+ minutes long.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Pagan posted:

No, that's what happens when someone with no photographic eye realizes they've taken a boring picture and tries to "spice it up." It's the equivalent of someone in the kitchen dumping ALL THE SPICES on your food because hey, a little tastes good, right, so a lot tastes better!

We make fun of people like that in Creative Convention all the time. What's sad is, the subject itself is pretty interesting, and doesn't need a ton of lovely processing.

The only thing worse than HDR is the people who spurge the gently caress out about it at every opportunity.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Pagan posted:

Its the same with most techniques though, maybe you should get the RAWs and show him how to develop it properly rather than sperging so much.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Pagan posted:

hahaha those jerks editing their pictures!!!!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
This is straight from the (+0.0)RAW with just the crop. I don't really care if you sperg, after going through a couple hundred shots I was bored and it was very much a "dump in all the spices" shot. It takes like a minute in Aperture, I don't even own photoshop.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

WHY IN THE gently caress is the seat nicely kept leather but the RIFLE and IMPORTANT MILITARY STUFF CONTAINED IN SADDLE BAGS contained in unkept, spotty LEATHER OF poo poo! WHAT IN THE HELLFUCK?! Everybody should just stop everything and just die, this can't be. Don't post random cycle pictures and videos for pleasure and entertainment anymore, it's all over.

Ola fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 19, 2011

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Snowdens Secret posted:

I don't even own photoshop.
wink wink say no more

Sicarii
Sep 29, 2011

Ola posted:

WHY IN THE gently caress is the seat nicely kept leather but the RIFLE and IMPORTANT MILITARY STUFF CONTAINED IN SADDLE BAGS contained in unkept, spotty LEATHER OF poo poo! WHAT IN THE HELLFUCK?! Everybody should just stop everything and just die, this can't be. Don't post random cycle pictures and videos for pleasure and entertainment anymore, it's all over.

I feel like the leather actually looks like leather and that that seat just looks like boring plastic.

Oh and there's probably nothing important in the bags

Wait I better post a video

http://vimeo.com/27346422

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Slim Pickens posted:

Sidecar motocross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBMZW6fRkoU

Not kidding, if anyone can help me figure out how to do this for any reasonable amount of money I will do it.

From the side car.

With a helmet cam.

I've already found a driver.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Seriously, I can't find a league or association or what not that runs this kind of race in my area, but would enter it immediately given a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aww, I wanna ride sidecar. :(

I have no clue if anyone does this in the states, but you bet your rear end I would drive to Northern CA to be a part of it.

Have some sidecar moto pics.