Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Okay so I figured out that my nurburgring 2:00:700 time was a dirty lap and ranked 18th fastest amongst those (but still 6000+ rank overall), but my earnings were maxed at 50k each time. Then when I got my first clean lap at 2:10, I was ranked 700-something and was ready to earn 150,000 each win.

I think however the traffic AI sucks rear end and perfect laps are shitsauce and difficult to earn due to lambos dinging my quarterpanel on the last corner. They consistently waste my effort for that entire lap, so gently caress it!

*pulls down pants, jumps out the window*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm sorry if some people think there's to much silliness in the LLJK races. In all the games I've hosted, I've just tried to do what people say they want to do. :saddowns:

This is the thing about LLJK, the overall tone of the racing really comes down to who's hosting a particular session since there's so many members. I kinda wish there was a way to tell who is hosting a session beforehand since that gives a pretty good indicator of what to expect once you've raced with them a few times.

Not that I'm accusing anyone in particular of being a bad host, just echoing the sentiment that some days I'm more in the mood to do something a bit more structured than a Lol Goonbus Rush.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I noticed there wasn't a BMW 1-series M car in the LLJK garage, so I put one in there. It appears that all the unique cars are truly unique, as I don't have a Mini Clubman or a Honda CR-Z at all. I can't buy them, I can't view them, they might as well not exist.

I'm curious if those cars show up in the club garage, can anyone use them? Or only those of us who purchased the LCE, or only those of us that purchased that particular LCE.

Odd. I find that I can see the Subaru WRX STi (Amazon) and the Mini John Cooper Works (Wal-Mart), but not the Alfa Romeo Guielietta (Game Stop) or the Honda CR-Z (Target). Why? Can those who didn't get the LCE from Best Buy see the 1-series M?

einTier fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 21, 2011

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kachunkachunk posted:

Okay so I figured out that my nurburgring 2:00:700 time was a dirty lap and ranked 18th fastest amongst those (but still 6000+ rank overall), but my earnings were maxed at 50k each time. Then when I got my first clean lap at 2:10, I was ranked 700-something and was ready to earn 150,000 each win.

I think however the traffic AI sucks rear end and perfect laps are shitsauce and difficult to earn due to lambos dinging my quarterpanel on the last corner. They consistently waste my effort for that entire lap, so gently caress it!

*pulls down pants, jumps out the window*

Oh god yes.

Here is my Track Days at Le Mans Clean in an R-Something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZr0ncbVRtI

It's terrifying going from 210 something RIGHT DOWN to 40 mph because some AI Jerk is taking the corner a little safe. And the last corner going "Oh god it's clean just careeefulllyy get past this guy..."

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 21, 2011

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

crazkylo posted:

It feels a little cheap when I park in front of the finish line and wait 10 seconds for my rivals ghost to catch up just before I tap the gas and cross the finish. I wonder if anyone has gone against one of my ghosts just to find my car sitting by the finish waiting for them V:confused:V
The ghost parks on the line when you finish anyways. Unless he saw you start up again, he probably wouldn't know :shobon:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm sorry if some people think there's to much silliness in the LLJK races. In all the games I've hosted, I've just tried to do what people say they want to do. :saddowns:
Yeah, literally every LLJK game I've been in has been a consensus, and so far they've all been actual races on tracks with car class restrictions. Except for the one "five Lotus Elans and a musclecar" race, but even that was an actual race. (It was fun being the Camaro, trying to waddle around without hitting people, like avoiding stepping on eggshells)

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Heh yeah I can tell you're being really defensive about it. I dunno what to think. I don't like the AI, but I still like the idea/mode.

Perhaps it's also because other people could find that "magic lap" where the AI drivers are not tying up the circuit's most critical corners, which lets you net in the perfect lap. I noticed things were REALLY not in your favor if you're too slow for the first two turns on the nurburgring R3 challenge, but lap 3 was also surprisingly clear on some turns. It's hard to say, as player involvement moves some cars around a bit.

This makes me question just what lap the opponent's ghost was recorded in.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Anyone know how to fix the problem with cars not loading in the club garage? I can't see the last dozen or so that have been uploaded, they show up as empty black squares.

Tried clearing my cache but no luck.

AwwJeah fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 21, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
^^^
Oh, you!

So has Turn 10 said anything about why shared cars are showing up without thumbnails or stats in club garages? Because it really defeats the purpose of having a shared garage if nobody can see what any of the cars actually are.

einTier posted:

I'm curious if those cars show up in the club garage, can anyone use them? Or only those of us who purchased the LCE, or only those of us that purchased that particular LCE.

They show up in the garage, but anyone who doesn't have that DLC can't use them as it just says "This car is DLC and cannot be purchased at this time". So until they make the preorder cars available to everyone, it's not very useful to most folks.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
I took the new Supercharged Death out in multiplayer tonight to claim its first victim:

I was trying to pass you clean, but the kerb kicked me up on two wheels into your camaro :(

I also owe a massive apology to ziploc (I think) whom I somehow managed to hit 3/4 times in the first 20 seconds or so of a race. My bad.

yes we nyan
Aug 17, 2007

ha, ha, haaa~

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Here's an excerpt of some C-class goon racing. Fun as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmkjwhxHAo

Someone forgot to tell the Alitalia livery'd car that they aren't playing Ridge Racer. Holy crap.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I thought I was getting pretty good at racing.. so I tried setting some times on rivals on the Nurburg Grand Prix Circuit... :smith:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Inbetween some "normal serious" racing in an LLJK lobby, we ran the GOONBUS TRAIN on some R cars.

Goon Squad assemble :clint:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Captain Hair posted:

I took the new Supercharged Death out in multiplayer tonight to claim its first victim:

I was trying to pass you clean, but the kerb kicked me up on two wheels into your camaro :(

I also owe a massive apology to ziploc (I think) whom I somehow managed to hit 3/4 times in the first 20 seconds or so of a race. My bad.

My poor IROC-Z :(

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Does GISH have open slots? Semi-tired of LLJK gimmick races I keep going into for a second then just quitting since it's tag or something.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

yes we nyan posted:

Someone forgot to tell the Alitalia livery'd car that they aren't playing Ridge Racer. Holy crap.

That's me :mad: I'll ridge racer whenever I want.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Shogunner posted:

Does GISH have open slots? Semi-tired of LLJK gimmick races I keep going into for a second then just quitting since it's tag or something.

If your in europe you could join SAEG, we pretty much do circuit racing apart from the odd match of car football

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Idiot race posted:

If your in europe you could join SAEG, we pretty much do circuit racing apart from the odd match of car football

I'm not, but, it'd be cool getting an invite one and awhile from some of you guys, since the only SAEG guy I'm friends with is Falken.

One of you add me possible? GT is SHoGuNN3R

Also, Car Football owns so I'm down.

King of all Machines Operate
Sep 23, 2005
uterus puncher ):
Just got this game and holy hell is it fun. Could I get an invite to GISH?
Gamertag is blastxcore

King of all Machines Operate fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 21, 2011

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I don't know if anyone is interested, but if you have a facebook account TopGear is giving away an avatar shirt that says "I am the Stig" http://tinyurl.com/5savbtt

On a different note, Traffic races scare the poo poo out of me. Didn't realize how close this was until I looked at the replay.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

BlazeKinser posted:

They show up in the garage, but anyone who doesn't have that DLC can't use them as it just says "This car is DLC and cannot be purchased at this time". So until they make the preorder cars available to everyone, it's not very useful to most folks.

Well crap. I'll go pull it out. There's too many bullshit cars in there as it is.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Just resubmitted a request for lljk, I thought I added myself to the spreadsheet, but must've missed something.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

What's your GamerTag? It's not in the spreadsheet, and the Storefront in Forza isn't finding "Ak Gara."

It's AkGara, I also tag everything with LLJK.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Cannot Find Server posted:

Turn 10 just wiped the lower class leaderboards and fixed the retarded Super Bee/Dart bullshit, so now we can have races where dudes aren't running 5+ seconds faster than anyone else.

The Super Bee was ridiculously overpowered. I was ripping through corners faster than light AWD cars in that huge boat.

I love me some corny movie cars

ZiggyJJ
May 26, 2001

ChocNitty posted:

I hope you're not granny shifting in that thing and double clutching like you should.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
When they said "wheel physics" they weren't kidding around.

This game can look so drat real.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011
Sorry, I couldn't find it browsing the thread, but what exactly do the steering assists do? I'm using the MS force feedback wheel, and I just noticed I had them on for the first few races I did. Does the game ignore that setting with the wheel (like the way FM 3 changed the steering assists internally when you had the wheel connected?) or have I been playing 'wrong' so far?

Heck is it even meant to be turned off with the MS wheel (e.g. is it meant to be turned off on Fanatech wheels?)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This is weird.

Playing World Tour. In the E-275 BMW 2002 Turbo, Clubman level... it offers me a Nissan E-275 event? Make must be Nissan, year must be pre-1980. I think, I'd like to try that!
So I switch to my E-275 1971 Skyline, and go back. Now, the make/model event is for the F-200 Ford Ka. What?

I guess if I cared I could just go to the event list and do it that way, but am I crazy or is something wrong here? Why is the game showing me events that my car won't qualify for, and then when I switch cars it does it again?

Either I am missing something or?

ZiggyJJ
May 26, 2001

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is weird.

Playing World Tour. In the E-275 BMW 2002 Turbo, Clubman level... it offers me a Nissan E-275 event? Make must be Nissan, year must be pre-1980. I think, I'd like to try that!
So I switch to my E-275 1971 Skyline, and go back. Now, the make/model event is for the F-200 Ford Ka. What?

I guess if I cared I could just go to the event list and do it that way, but am I crazy or is something wrong here? Why is the game showing me events that my car won't qualify for, and then when I switch cars it does it again?

Either I am missing something or?

I've had this happen too - I think it randomly generates 3 events each time you back out to change cars and go back in to World Tour.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Can you select the third event, then change to the appropriate car? That would make sense, if being a little counter-intuitive.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Can you select the third event, then change to the appropriate car? That would make sense, if being a little counter-intuitive.

Yeah, if you select the Skyline event it'll say "Your BMW isn't eligible for a Skyline event dumbass! Change car or cancel?".

AwwJeah posted:

Nice shot, that looks very wheelistic!

Filthy scum
Jul 7, 2003

Just to let Jarf, or whoever the SAEG boss is, that I'm locked out from using xbox live for 25 days... :smith:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Samurai Monkey posted:

Just to let Jarf, or whoever the SAEG boss is, that I'm locked out from using xbox live for 25 days... :smith:

Did you make a livery that consists solely of the word 'oval office' or something?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cannot Find Server posted:

Nice use of the braking line at about 55 seconds in :stare:

Braking line? He obviously thought they were speed boosters.

:gonk:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
My crappy first attempt at something serious in the livery editor.

Can't get some of the text right but still needs finishing.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

AwwJeah posted:

This game can look so drat real.

Very impressive, but it would be even more realistic if you photoshopped the Forza logo out.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I wish you could flip a vinyl shape on one of its axes

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Doctor Butts posted:

I wish you could flip a vinyl shape on one of its axes

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that you have to scale them to do it - change the X size from 1 to -1 or whatever - especially since it doesn't work on groups, just individual pieces. I wish they'd fixed that in the move from 3 to 4, and I'd like to have a text editor that lets you use the on-screen Xbox keyboard to quickly add letters, instead of putting them on them one layer at a time. The vinyl editor is still an amazing piece of work, though, and I can't imagine Forza without it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can flip things on the x axis. Paste your group onto the side of a car, go to the other side and press A and select "insert from other side" and it will import everything from the other side but mirrored. Might work on the Y axis if you rotate it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yea that works like a charm but its a pain in the rear end to do that poo poo on a hood of a car :(

• Locked thread