Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just finished the DLC. I really quite enjoyed it, and even though I was wary to the pricing of it, I will probably probably play through it at least two more times, and at 5 hours a playthrough, thats pretty solid.

The plot was really quite good, and the self contained nature of the DLC really helped highlight how good the level design was. I liked the characters, the invariable conspiratorial twist at the end was quite cool, and the boss encounter was MUCH better designed and executed than any in the main game.

To anyone who has done it apparently you can save Dr. Kavnagh AND the prisoners? How is that possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
edit: nevermind.. guess the game dumps you there anyway

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 21, 2011

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes

In Training posted:

Just finished the DLC. I really quite enjoyed it, and even though I was wary to the pricing of it, I will probably probably play through it at least two more times, and at 5 hours a playthrough, thats pretty solid.

The plot was really quite good, and the self contained nature of the DLC really helped highlight how good the level design was. I liked the characters, the invariable conspiratorial twist at the end was quite cool, and the boss encounter was MUCH better designed and executed than any in the main game.

To anyone who has done it apparently you can save Dr. Kavnagh AND the prisoners? How is that possible?

I had to watch a youtube video to find out but on the first floor of the detention cells there's a heavy crate with a vent behind it. If you go through and use your jumping aug to climb up some pipes you'll get access to the gas dispenser. Just shoot it to save everyone. Obviously, you can't get the Factory Zero achievement and this achievement in one playthrough.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

In Training posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkZmiDNGjYU

(massive spoiler, do not click if you haven't beaten the dlc)

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Stump Truck posted:

I had to watch a youtube video to find out but on the first floor of the detention cells there's a heavy crate with a vent behind it. If you go through and use your jumping aug to climb up some pipes you'll get access to the gas dispenser. Just shoot it to save everyone. Obviously, you can't get the Factory Zero achievement and this achievement in one playthrough.

Wow, i found that room before and figured it was just a hidden target tracking room and thats it... pretty dumb that they expect you to go BACK there

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Stump Truck posted:

Obviously, you can't get the Factory Zero achievement and this achievement in one playthrough.

Not true. Break the big crate hiding the vent by throwing smaller crates at it, bring some cardboard boxes inside to help you jump up, bring a fire extinguisher or similar all the way up to throw at the gas dispenser to break it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I just started installing the DLC, figured it's a good time for second playthrough. Someone mentioned it hasn't been melded to the normal gameplay like Tongs mission, so where does it start then? Is it just some separate module you play via main menu?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

On PC it is a separate entry in your library for some reason.
But it takes place right after you board the container in the Henghsa harbor

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
The Missing Link is already 25% off ($11.25) at GetGames.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Thanatron posted:

hey no problem. take your time. I'm still here :)

My buddy appears to be very interested in buying the jacket. We'll see tomorrow for sure.

We tried to grab a picture, but we both ended up laughing in them and they turned out pretty drat ugly because the only one there to take the picture had no steady hands, so it looked really bad and blurry. Tried to use some blur-remover tips, but it just got too bad.

So, in the meantime, my buddy is bringing in a camera tomorrow and then we will pose together. Suggestions for awkward poses, please, it was way too awkward to stand there all serious-like.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Mordaedil posted:

My buddy appears to be very interested in buying the jacket. We'll see tomorrow for sure.

We tried to grab a picture, but we both ended up laughing in them and they turned out pretty drat ugly because the only one there to take the picture had no steady hands, so it looked really bad and blurry. Tried to use some blur-remover tips, but it just got too bad.

So, in the meantime, my buddy is bringing in a camera tomorrow and then we will pose together. Suggestions for awkward poses, please, it was way too awkward to stand there all serious-like.

Takedown pose.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

arioch posted:

Takedown pose.

So many to chose from, a few pictures would be nice, for quick reference when he gets here tomorrow.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLj4E9hV-8A&t=103s

This one looks nice and easy to do.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Contagion soundtrack is a LOT like the music in deus ex. I recommend people listen to it, and if youre still playing the game just let it run in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZ_uXOQU7A

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

Thanks to the guys and gals at Eidos Montréal I've got 3 Steam keys for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" to hand out! All that I require in return is for you to think of an Augmentation you'd like to see in the game's world, then design that and present it to all of us.

• It can be purely in text form as a description, or you can use visuals, photoshops or mspaints as an aid. All I ask is that you put at least some effort into these - even if it's minimalist mspaint humor.
  • You can do this "seriously" and actually think of some plausible backstory, the science(babble) behind it and possible applications for it, or...
  • You can do it "humorously" and have it be an augmented dick joke (don't actually do this unless you can pull it off properly - "lol your dick gets aug'd" isn't enough), or...
  • Whatever crazy impossible things (that probably shouldn't ever exist) your minds can come up with works too. Just try and really sell it.
  • Multiple entries are allowed - just don't spam low-effort ones, please.
  • If you want to, please post your Steam ID along with your entry. Otherwise, just wait and see in case you win and post it then. The winners can also PM me the IDs over the forums if they have Platinum. I just need to be sure I'm sending to the proper person and not have some random lurker bug me on Steam going "hey it's totally <winner>, can I haz DLC plz".
  • The best three entries will win one key each! The deadline is on Monday, October 24th at 23:00 GMT (19:00 Eastern, 16:00 Pacific - I hope the math is right, otherwise US goons please correct me on this). After that, I may need an hour or two to make up my mind. This may take longer (probably not, but just throwing it out there just in case)

I'd suggest to make your ideas count - even if it's something completely wacky and out there, try to make it sound plausible, even if the laws of reality should never ever allow it to exist. :v:

blaitarch
Nov 19, 2002

Tecman posted:

Thanks to the guys and gals at Eidos Montréal I've got 3 Steam keys for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" to hand out! All that I require in return is for you to think of an Augmentation you'd like to see in the game's world, then design that and present it to all of us.

• It can be purely in text form as a description, or you can use visuals, photoshops or mspaints as an aid. All I ask is that you put at least some effort into these - even if it's minimalist mspaint humor.
  • You can do this "seriously" and actually think of some plausible backstory, the science(babble) behind it and possible applications for it, or...
  • You can do it "humorously" and have it be an augmented dick joke (don't actually do this unless you can pull it off properly - "lol your dick gets aug'd" isn't enough), or...
  • Whatever crazy impossible things (that probably shouldn't ever exist) your minds can come up with works too. Just try and really sell it.
  • If you want to, please post your Steam ID along with your entry. Otherwise, just wait and see in case you win and post it then. The winners can also PM me the IDs over the forums if they have Platinum. I just need to be sure I'm sending to the proper person and not have some random lurker bug me on Steam going "hey it's totally <winner>, can I haz DLC plz".
  • The best three entries will win one key each! The deadline is on Monday, October 24th at 23:00 GMT (19:00 Eastern, 16:00 Pacific - I hope the math is right, otherwise US goons please correct me on this). After that, I may need an hour or two to make up my mind. This may take longer (probably not, but just throwing it out there just in case)

I'd suggest to make your ideas count - even if it's something completely wacky and out there, try to make it sound plausible, even if the laws of reality should never ever allow it to exist. :v:

Joke entry skull-gun

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Tecman posted:

-Hand Cannon: Hand transforms into something similar to Barrett's weapon. Make it use Typhoon ammunition to minimize integration issues.
-Stunna Shades: Retract your shades at anytime! Jensen mutters "I never asked for this" each time you put them back on.
-Parkour: Allows you to do ridiculous stunts/takedowns like slides, sweep kicks and wall-kicks. Just rip Fedorova's animations.
-Ahab: Fire your arm blades as projectiles. Either make them retrievable or allow your body to construct new ones over time or using Typhoon ammo.

Here's my steam ID because I know Stunna Shades is going to win it. http://steamcommunity.com/id/fennesz_/ :smug:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The thing about designing augmentations within the Deus Ex world is that it's easy to forget how widespread they are. We only saw the things Sarif installed into Jensen, or what JC could find canisters for. There's a whole world of creations that we never got to see.

Some months prior to the incident at Sarif Industries, the conglomeration of Youtube, Twitter and Facebook, YTF, commissioned an alternative to the CASIE social enhancer. The Social Media Enhancer, much like its sister aug, has multiple functions, all tweaked to allow you to better interact with the world in which you live in.

-Upload your blood alcohol and glucose levels every twenty minutes!
-Take pictures and video of absolutely anything you may be looking at at the time. Everyone will know exactly what you're doing at any moment in your life!
-Upload tweets and status updates directly from your brain! (YTF is not responsible for any physical, economical or emotional damage that may be related to this function)
-Find out when your favorite celebrity is having an affair with their partner the moment that they start thinking about it! You'll be on the cusp of breaking entertainment news before it even happens!
-Convenience in purchase like never before! The Social Media Enhancer will immediately bring up the full-length commercial of even just a still billboard image of the same product, along with a full catalog of products from the same company and directly opening a PayPal window to buy it, right now!
-Instantly saved passwords for any account system you need! Not just YTF directly, but also PayPal, Picus Web, Steam-PSN, and even your work passwords and bank account are all safely stored externally; you'll never forget a password again!

YTF's Social Media Enhancer is already the most popular augmentation in the civilized world! All your friends have it; do you?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Cleretic posted:

The thing about designing augmentations within the Deus Ex world is that it's easy to forget how widespread they are. We only saw the things Sarif installed into Jensen, or what JC could find canisters for. There's a whole world of creations that we never got to see.

1/25 of the world's population in the game is augmented. That upgrade chip everyone got cost $3 million apiece. There's a whole world of creations no one in the game world will even know exists. :)

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Tecman posted:

Name: Master Recharger
Augmentation Tree: Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter
Upgrade Requirement: Energy Level Upgrade 2, Recharge Rate Upgrade 2
Upgrade Cost: 1 Praxis Point
Use: Allows energy recharge to recharge up to 3 energy cells without food.
Activation: Automatic
Energy Consumption: None
Info: Master Energy Converter users will only need 20 seconds for one cell to recharge fully, 30 seconds for the second cell to recharge fully, and 40 seconds for the third cell to recharge fully.
Story: The user has completely mastered the Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter. The user after normally recharging the first energy cell can use its power to slowly refill two other energy cells using the power from the first at a slower rate without the use of food or other energy recharging items.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/insider/

Went with a serious entry. This is something I thought the game really needed so it wasn't hard to think up.

insider fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 22, 2011

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Tecman posted:

Temperature Regulator Augmentation
Where: Somewhere in the torso
Visibility: No
Purpose: The Temperature Regulator Augmentation is meant for comfort, allowing the augmented body to artificially generate heat or to cool down to comfortable levels. In regular environments, this allows the user to always feel comfortable no matter what temperature the person is exposed to. While the human body can normally cool down by sweating, or heat up by... heating up, the TR Augmentation accelerates this process and can usually bypass the need for sweating.

However in extreme cases, such as being trapped in a snowstorm on a mountain, this augmentation can help lessen the risk of hypothermia and other temperature related risks. It cannot fully prevent these risks, especially over a prolonged duration, but it greatly improves the users chances of survival.

Battery Cell Preserver
Where: Somewhere in the head.
Visibility: No
Purpose: Normally, when the battery cells that facilitate augmentations deplete, they do not regenerate unless they still hold a charge or are the final backup battery. In these scenarios, you would usually restore them by gorging upon candy bars. However, with the Battery Cell Preserver augmentation upgrade, each and every battery can now recharge automatically, independently, and simultaneously, allowing for greater productivity and efficiency of the augmented user. These are still very experimental and there are also prototypes modifications to this augmentation to allow the user to replenish energy cells via alcohol, although these have yet to prove themselves as working models.
derp: I left this window open while coming up with ideas. I guess someone beat me to this one. (previous post) I too thought this was a very obvious addition.

Shoulder Blade Exhaust
Where: The shoulder blades
Visibility: Yes
Purpose: There are several different models currently in existence, but the main purpose is for heavily augmented bodies to avoid overheating. Overheating is very, very rare and generally requires extreme conditions to achieve, but the exhaust systems can be augmented on special request orders. Usually they are included with persons equipped with very experimental and sometimes unstable augmentations, as well as certain work environment conditions that require rapid emergency cooling. When activated, the mechanical shoulder blades pop out, revealing small exhaust pipes that quickly eject heat. There is special clothing that can be worn to accommodate this augmentation, including several very fashionable trench coats. There is also heavy speculation that there are human jetpack augmentations in development with the Shoulder Blade Exhaust as an important component and inspiration.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Tecman posted:

Contest.

Triage Accelerator
Visibility: Nil
Purpose: This enhancement to the Sentinel RX was developed as a result of new information gained on the healing processes of the human body, as a result of increased demand from military and law enforcement. On the choice of the owner, the triage uses bioelectric energy via a dedicated current to dramatically speed up the wound-sealing processes of the Sentinel RX. At least one full battery is required to activate it, but the enhancement will only use as much of it as it needs. (1 battery = 100 health, regen rate is upped to 25/second while active, with no waiting period)
Praxis cost: 2

deepshock fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 22, 2011

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just finished this game. Definitely enjoyed it, was pretty excellent. I like to take my sweet goddamn time sneaking around and taxing bad dudes, so I spent just shy of 40 hours completing it. I don't know that I killed more than half a dozen guys outside of the required boss fights. Erm, excluding a couple times I may have turned some robots/turrets on the enemy...if I don't pull the trigger, it doesn't count, right? :ohdear:

A couple questions:

When you and Malik get shot down, does anything happen if you go back and clear the area? Since I was playing full stealth & minimal casualties, I opted to just leave that hornet's nest untouched, but I was curious what might have happened had I gone for plan B.

Also, can you opt not to upgrade your chip to prevent the glitches? Or is that actually required? I saw the end result of that action coming from a a hundred miles away, but decided to do it right away anyhow. Does the story allow you to just forego that line altogether and not have to deal with the "new features" of the upgrade?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Munki posted:

Just finished this game. Definitely enjoyed it, was pretty excellent. I like to take my sweet goddamn time sneaking around and taxing bad dudes, so I spent just shy of 40 hours completing it. I don't know that I killed more than half a dozen guys outside of the required boss fights. Erm, excluding a couple times I may have turned some robots/turrets on the enemy...if I don't pull the trigger, it doesn't count, right? :ohdear:

A couple questions:

When you and Malik get shot down, does anything happen if you go back and clear the area? Since I was playing full stealth & minimal casualties, I opted to just leave that hornet's nest untouched, but I was curious what might have happened had I gone for plan B.

Also, can you opt not to upgrade your chip to prevent the glitches? Or is that actually required? I saw the end result of that action coming from a a hundred miles away, but decided to do it right away anyhow. Does the story allow you to just forego that line altogether and not have to deal with the "new features" of the upgrade?

A. Malik survives if you take everyone down fast enough.

B. You don't have to do it. If you opt out, it makes the boss fight in the body room somewhat easier.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Bad Munki posted:

Point A: Malik survives and you're feel like a total badass for saving her. Indeed, you are a total pussy for leaving her behind, regardless of your run

Point B: During the fight with Whatshisface you get a smug line and do not have a hosed up HUD and Augments. Otherwise, it changes nothing.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

When you say go back, do you mean after you leave the area? Because you can't reenter once you leave, but you can choose to stay and save Malik. It's possible even on a pacifist playthrough.

Bad Munki posted:

You can choose not to get the upgrade. You are then able to use your augs in the fight against Namir.

Edit: Or what the guy above me said.

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 22, 2011

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I suspected that was the case on both counts. Darn it, and darn it. :)

PEN FIFTEEN
Jul 22, 2007
I just picked this game up today and am having a blast so far. Just a few newbie questions that I couldn't find the answers to in the FAQ in the OP...

What is the advantage of using the lethal takedown? Both lethal and non-lethal appear to have the same result except one gives more XP.

Where can I find more automatic unlocking devices? Hacking minigames seem to be all the rage these days and as with every other game they get loving tedious after a while. At least in Bioshock by the midgame you were swimming in auto-hacks, they seem to be quite rare in Deus Ex.

Can you ever get any more than the first battery to recharge? I'm trying to decide between the extra batteries/faster recharge rate.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Tecman posted:

That is pretty awesome! I'll take a shot at that.

Threat Assessment Scanner
Visibility: Nil
Purpose: Much like the mark and tracking system this one would allow you to make a quick scan of someone and it tells you how tough they are, if they have heavy armor, what weapon they are using, if they have any keys or items.

Remote Spider-Hand Drone
Purpose: Since Jensen has a crazy set of hands that can turn into like crab spider hands I think it would be hella awesome if he could detach his hand and have it act like a primitive spy drone. It would crawl around real low to the ground and go up walls and would be able to scout a head and help tag people for the mark and track aug. Naturally you would be able to use computers since it is your hand but I don't think the base aug should allow you hack anything.

If you are discovered the hand will automatically recall back to you but you would have to avoid combat since you cannot shoot people with no hand.

I always kind of frustrated trying to figure out a good way to actually use the mark and target aug. It always seemed easier to just take a dude out if I could see him.

If we are allowing upgrades for these augs then naturally you should be able to upgrade it so you can hack but I think the coolest possibility would be have it be able to remotely control robots by latching onto them like that one zombie game with the severed hand.

and my steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/randombattle

Come on guys lets see some of those crazy aug ideas!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tecman posted:

Vocal Correction Augmentation
Visibility: Subtle markings on the throat.
Purpose: This augmentation both replaces the vocal chords and adds an electronic calibrator which can tune the user's voice to many tones and pitches. This basically allows people have very clear and broad sound projection. Another ability this grants is impersonation of other voices. This augmentation is currently under review for strict regulations due to the high potential of illegal abuse. Alternatively this allows enables an easy road into a form of ventriloquism with enough training and tweaks.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

PEN FIFTEEN posted:

What is the advantage of using the lethal takedown? Both lethal and non-lethal appear to have the same result except one gives more XP.

Where can I find more automatic unlocking devices? Hacking minigames seem to be all the rage these days and as with every other game they get loving tedious after a while. At least in Bioshock by the midgame you were swimming in auto-hacks, they seem to be quite rare in Deus Ex.

Can you ever get any more than the first battery to recharge? I'm trying to decide between the extra batteries/faster recharge rate.

Unconscious enemies can be revived by others, but really, it's not much of an issue. Just keep using non lethal takedowns and hide their bodies. They not only give you slightly more XP, they are also the only 100% silent offensive weapon/maneuver in the game. Don't bother with lethal takedowns except if you want to see their animations or something.

Automatic unlocking devices are only present if you have one of the preorder packs and there's a few of them scattered around, but most of them will be bought in shops. They are relatively rare and there's no infinite source for them, but there's enough if you save them for high level locks. If the shops ran out, you can't really get easy access to more unless you stumble upon them somewhere.

Only one battery ever recharges by itself and thanks to this the extra batteries are kinda worthless: it's one of the main complaints people have for the game. Only genuine use for them is to not waste any extra "batteries" worth of candies that recharge more than 2 of them at once. I wouldn't bother.

suburban wine mom
May 27, 2004

The Artisanal Curator

The newest in augmented reality development for the urban accomplisher. Are you tired of waiting in line at the post office and just staring blankly into back of the head of the stranger in front of you? Snap out of the scalp trance and snap into The Artisinal Curator augmentation from HipstaCorp.

The Artisinal Curator is an augmented reality visual/aural/taste modifier that simultaneously preserves your current environment but enhances its cultural richness. Working directly with your nervous system the augmentation interrupts, filters out, and/or replace the undesirable stimuli with something better. The Artisinal Curator is the ultimate in real time cultural enhancement.

Suddenly the placid stacks of post office boxes are replaced with the latest visual media downloaded directly from art galleries around the world. As for that flat diet soda you were sipping it has been exchanged for a selection from the finest of organic imported wines. Topping it all off any music detected by the augmentation hardware will be seamlessly replaced with a Pitchfork approved track for your listening pleasure.

Firmware updates currently under development will make it possible for The Artisinal Curator to completely replace banal conversation about the weather with insightful philosophical discourse.

Stay enlightened always and everywhere with The Artisinal Curator.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Ethanol Reprocessing Upgrade

One of the great early fights in the development of augmentations was the question of how to provide power to the implants. Although early designs favored a central power source for ease of maintenance, the nature of augmentations being spread around the body greatly complicated connecting every possible implant to any one place in the human body. In the end, decentralized fuel cells drawing on blood sugar won out, as the human body already uses this mechanism to fuel itself. That, however, quickly led to problems where overuse of augmentations rapidly depleted blood sugar levels. In lieu of subjecting users to the dangers of entering hypoglycemic shock from overuse, augmentations had to be limited in how much blood sugar they could draw, but on the other hand, the body's own regulatory mechanisms did not allow a great surplus of blood sugar to be introduced safely. The solution, imperfect as it was, was to rely on quickly digestible food to power bursts of intense augmentation use.

But what about alternative fuels available in the bloodstream? It had to be widely available, persist in the bloodstream and ideally have no negative side effects if depleted. In a stroke of inspiration, engineers hit upon the idea of using ethanol. Direct ethanol fuel cells, a category of proton-exchange fuel cells, had been tested before for other applications, but never considered for use in implants. Experimental rigs soon proved the concept, but also illustrated a flaw: at implantable sizes, ethanol-based fuel cells simply did not provide enough power, and with most engineering effort going into blood sugar-based technology, there were only small increases in efficiency over the development cycle. Even combined cycle sugar/ethanol fuel cells remain niche as the increase in power generation is generally considered too small to justify the increased cost. Some military-grade augmentations include these cells to decrease reliance on highly-processed "augment food" in the field - however, the function is rarely actually enabled, as logistics generally keep easy pace with supplying the lightweight and compact concentrated carbohydrate products, while commanders fear that the secondary effect of rapidly clearing up blood alcohol will encourage excessive drinking. (Some troops argue that it would also completely kill the buzz, taking the fun out of the whole experience.)

In-game effects: Costing 1 praxis point, this augmentation rapidly processes blood alcohol into usable energy. Each alcoholic drink consumed will recharge a little bit of an energy cell, with the harder stuff restoring up to a full cell. Further, the vision-blurring effect of alcohol will pass much quicker, making it possible to consume alcohol in the middle of a fight and live to tell the tale.

Gatac fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 22, 2011

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Threat Down Shield
Where: Located in the arm \Rhino Armor Section of Augs
Visibility: When Activated
Purpose: Ever feel the need for a quick mobile cover that doesn't require batteries? If you answered yes, then try our Threat Down Shield activate when you are randomly caught in the open without any nearby cover. With the shield activated it will give you that extra three seconds to get to some nearby cover and deal with that nuisance and taking no damage while it is active. Returning fire not allowed for 2 seconds after activation. Remember You didn't ask for this.

USB Battery Charger
Where: Finger (Upgrade to the vibrating dong version for extra praxis)Hacking Ability
Visibility: None
Purpose: Missing that pep in your step? We have got the answer for you. With this Aug charge those batteries on the go with any nearby computer. Helps for the time when you need to take down those two pesky patrols walking around. Be careful though it is loud and only lasts for a few minutes before the charge wears off.

Get Over Here, Scorpion Aug
Where: Arm
Visibility: When activated
Purpose: Ever wanted that guard closer to you so you could punch in his smug face. We feel your pain, this Aug extends the arm to reach out and grab that smug guard. Also use it for picking up out of reach items with out being seen. Be careful though guards can break free out of the weak hold and call for help. Intended for advanced users only.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Tecman posted:

Thanks to the guys and gals at Eidos Montréal I've got 3 Steam keys for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" to hand out! All that I require in return is for you to think of an Augmentation you'd like to see in the game's world

Manipulator Enhancement System
Coming soon from Sarif industries is the next step to a new you:
By upgrading to this new set of arm-based manipulators ("from now on referred to as "hands") you gain access to 6 expansion ports.
These ports come standard with the Generation 4 baseline finger set and can be expanded, replaced and combined at your own leisure.

Optional equipment is still in development, but David Sarif himself revealed 2 optional units at the press conference:

SR-1F Media Interface Plug
Replacing the index finger slot with this digital interface manipulator enables the user to reroute his usual cranium augmentation to this unit.
This will allow the user to plug the SR-1F directly into his or her own media interfacing equipment or home media.
Making a more natural experience, the SR-1F allows even the most basic of cranial augmentations a normal looking posture when interfacing with computers, terminals or home entertainment.
Sarif Industries is not responsible for damage to cranial augmentations manufactured by other companies, driver and hardware compatibility can not be guaranteed.
Sarif Industries holds all rights to quality control and optional driver software, but is not responsible for any military, black-ops or illegal use of the SR-1F.

T3R-A5H Thermal Plug
Mounted on the ringfinger, this optional equipment allows induction based heating of small objects.
Placing the unit on an object made out of any conducting alloy will allow induction based energy and heat transfer to take place.
As a secondary feature the unit also functions as a lighter for smokers.
The T3R-A5H is property of Sarif Industries, all rights reserved

In addition to the optional functions the manipulator retains all basic strength and functionality up the the 5xxx series heavyweight model.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Vajra Electronic Scrambler and Preventative Engagement Remote (VESPER)
Location Brain augment. Upgraded via Hacking Talents.
Visibility None.

Purpose: Originally developed in 2021 by Zenith Dynamic for wartime usage, the Vajra Electronic Scrambler and Preventative Engagement Remote is a device made for the stealthy and non-aggressive combatant. The VESPER is capable of temporarily disabling any alarm panel (active or otherwise) within a 100 yard radius. The VESPER's secondary feature is an alarm trap. By remotely hacking the alarm panel, Jensen gains the ability to active the alarm panel's biometric countermeasure. This means that any guard that attempts to activate the alarm will be stunned by the alarm's built-in security system. The process of activating this feature, however, will short the alarm out.

C.R.E.A.M.
Location Accessible via the CASIE Mod.
Visibility None.

Purpose: Created in 2015 by Professor Raekwon Shirazi, the CREAM Module utilizes the CASIE Mod's pheromonal capabilities which allows Jensen to have the upper hand at card-based games of chance. By using the ID (Inspector Deck) Display software (compatible with all AR HUDs), Jensen can count his cards and determine the hands of others with 90% accuracy. The Inspector Deck Display's revolutionary card-counting system is able to download information from the cloud-based Universal Guideline of Drawing database (UGOD) and calculate the chances and probabilities of each player's hand being successful or unsuccessful. This augment isn't for those who seek to make a quick buck. The user of this tech must be a methodical man that is trained in its applications.

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fromdreamland/

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 22, 2011

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

randombattle posted:

Remote Spider-Hand Drone
Purpose: Since Jensen has a crazy set of hands that can turn into like crab spider hands I think it would be hella awesome if he could detach his hand and have it act like a primitive spy drone. It would crawl around real low to the ground and go up walls and would be able to scout a head and help tag people for the mark and track aug. Naturally you would be able to use computers since it is your hand but I don't think the base aug should allow you hack anything.

If you are discovered the hand will automatically recall back to you but you would have to avoid combat since you cannot shoot people with no hand.

I always kind of frustrated trying to figure out a good way to actually use the mark and target aug. It always seemed easier to just take a dude out if I could see him.

If we are allowing upgrades for these augs then naturally you should be able to upgrade it so you can hack but I think the coolest possibility would be have it be able to remotely control robots by latching onto them like that one zombie game with the severed hand.

and my steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/randombattle

Come on guys lets see some of those crazy aug ideas!

This is a really cool idea. It feels like one of those things you could spend hours screwing around with in-game.

I don't have the game on Steam (360 console peasant :whatup:), but this seems fun anyway, so here's mine.

Hand Stun Gun
Visibility: Requires an augmented arm and hand and all the visibility that entails, but has none itself.
Purpose: A Stun Gun dart is loaded into a clip in the forearm, and an apparatus bearing similarity to a wristwatch is positioned on the wrist. When necessary, the watch flips up, acting as a pair of crosshairs (alternatively, users with retinal augmentations can opt to have crosshairs overlayed directly over their eyes). Simply stick out your index finger, pointing it at the target and press a button at the base of your palm to fire a Stun Gun Dart from your finger. A safe, nonlethal, easily concealed option for any dangerous situation, ideal for private security and law enforcement personnel. Due to the nature of this augmentation, a consultation with a LIMB clinic surgeon and a permit to carry concealed weapons are necessary prior to surgery.

Human Spider System
Visibility: When activated.
Purpose: A series of fibers lining augmented limbs designed to simulate the effects of a spider's Scopulae that allow the user to, for brief periods, walk and climb on walls as if they were Spider-Man himself. This augmentation is still in the prototype stages, and as such, it is highly recommended that any users consider the Human Spider System greatly consider equipping themselves with the Icarus Landing System as well, so any failures or misapplications of the Human Spider System can be reported in person, rather than through the user's next of kin.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Energy Siphon
Prerequisites: Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter Energy Cell Upgrade 1
Purpose: Microporous membranes in the augmented hand allow small electromagnets to interact with augmentation nanosystems in an incapacitated, augmented enemy, allowing energy to be drawn equivalent to 1 energy cell worth over 20 seconds. During this time contact with the target must be maintained for the flow of energy to completely charge an energy cell, early termination of the energy flow results in a microvoltage spike and thermal discharge, instantly depleting the charging cell, plus one additional cell or doing average damage to the user.

Prerequisite for:

Instant Takedown Energy Siphon
Prerequisites: Requires Instant Take-Down, Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter Energy Cell Upgrade 2
Purpose: When utilizing a takedown, either lethal or non-lethal, microporous membranes on the hands and located on the armblades allow tiny electromagnets to interact with the nano-electrical systems of augmented enemies, siphoning some power from their augmentation systems during the takedown maneuver.
For each enemy disabled in this fashion, after consuming the inital power cell cost to perform the takedown, this augmentation system instantly regenerates 25% energy to the consumed cell (25% full for single takedown, 50% for double), allowing for faster regeneration of the cell following a takedown.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Amazon had a sale and I bit the bullet, and my copy should get to me sometime next week. Should I download any of the DLC right off? I'm hesitant to drop 1200 points for The Missing Link, just because I will still have the whole game to play, but are either of the weapon DLCs must have from the start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

BrokenKnees posted:

Amazon had a sale and I bit the bullet, and my copy should get to me sometime next week. Should I download any of the DLC right off? I'm hesitant to drop 1200 points for The Missing Link, just because I will still have the whole game to play, but are either of the weapon DLCs must have from the start?

The grenade launcher you don't get to nearly the end anyway and the missing link doesn't go into the main game at all so you should be fine DLC-less for quite some time.

• Locked thread