Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

That's a pretty convenient thing to have. Girlfriend on demand. Bam.

By the look on her face, it may not be that useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also, bets on how crazy Robot is going to get? :ohdear:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Smitface looks great. Love everything so far.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Aww, Kat's little flower headband :3:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
So wait, was Parley just called into Smitty's presence against her will? I mean, if she was just going to come when she was ready, he wouldn't be able to be all suave about predicting it. Also she looks a bit freaked.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Smitty said Parley wanted to come but was late. Therefore she appeared at that moment. As per the parameters of his power, I assume it'll work out alright in the end.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Haha Christ I finally caught up, this comic is loving amazing. I've read through the archives three times in the past few days. WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS FORCE ME TO READ THIS BEFORE :argh:

I should imagine even if you're used to being suddenly teleported, it still comes as a surprise when it happens. Then again, I also expect drama. :ohdear:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fangz posted:

I assume it'll work out alright in the end.

Except for the part where he'll be punched in the face, yeah, I suppose it worked out perfectly. :v:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Remember, it's Parley who can teleport. Smitty just predicted when she'd turn up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Remember, it's Parley who can teleport. Smitty just predicted when she'd turn up.

Yeah, but she was having random teleportation problems, and he makes random stuff happen in an orderly way that works out.

If he gestures at a spot and says 'bam', she'll probably 'randomly' pop in there.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Saoshyant posted:

Except for the part where he'll be punched in the face, yeah, I suppose it worked out perfectly. :v:

The punch will eventually lead to a make-up make-out.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I didn't notice Reynard was in Annie's bag until the 3rd time I read the strip. Glad to see he's in this chapter too. Loving Parley's face in the final panel.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 24, 2011

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

If Smith predicted it, why would she be the one who is surprised? :confused:

Also, Smith grew up a lot.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
You'd think someone with probability powers would have been able to guess the right sound effect.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Never noticed the subtly coloured speech bubbles before. Can't wait to see where this is going.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Puberty gave Smitty an extra helping it seems.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

This feels like a euphemism for somebody being a werewolf. "One full moon, Smith noticed there was hair where there was no hair before."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I imagine Parley was trying and failing to get her teleport mojo working and Smitface did his anti-entropy thing to flip her proverbial switch-- much to her surprise.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

So is this Kat's way of dressing more femininely, or

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Is it just me or does Smitty look really chunky in the second panel?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Revolver Bunker posted:

He's almost as old as Jack now!

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

WeaponBoy posted:

Is it just me or does Smitty look really chunky in the second panel?

Those collared shirts flare out like that in the back.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really really do like how they just change hair and clothes between stories. Just thought I'd mention that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I hope Smitty and Parley get some limits on their abilities in this chapter. Gunnerkrigg has (rightly) played fast and loose with the etheric rules so far but once characters start actively using them, they need some boundaries.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

SynthOrange posted:

I really really do like how they just change hair and clothes between stories. Just thought I'd mention that.

It can't be too fun drawing the kids in the same uniform 90% of the time. And yeah, little things like that do a lot for the immersion.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

1stGear posted:

I hope Smitty and Parley get some limits on their abilities in this chapter. Gunnerkrigg has (rightly) played fast and loose with the etheric rules so far but once characters start actively using them, they need some boundaries.

Well, Smitty's ability is more or less to put things in order, right?

So it sorta makes sense to make Parley show up for a meeting she's late to, whereas he probably can't do much if she needs to get to the bottom of the chasm just to solve a mystery or something.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Minrad posted:

Well, Smitty's ability is more or less to put things in order, right?

So it sorta makes sense to make Parley show up for a meeting she's late to, whereas he probably can't do much if she needs to get to the bottom of the chasm just to solve a mystery or something.

I'm not sure if you're being ironic, but Smitty actually has the ability to get things down to the bottom of a chasm, just so somebody can solve a mystery or something.

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.
I just want to say that I marathoned through this comic art about a week ago, and despite knowing the update schedule, check the page several times a day hoping for something new. Thank you so much for this, tea-san, you're a wonderful storyteller and artist.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
This is my reaction to every Gunnerkrigg update: Oh man oh boy oh man oh geez.
I can't wait to see where this one will go. I hope it'll be something addressing the big plot.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
On reflection, panel 2 seems to suggest that Annie is continuing to develop her hair-powers. Specifically, into a scorpion tail.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

All Smitty's quiet confidence was for nothing. :(

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Purple reminds me somewhat of an ex fairy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no, bad friends!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Oh hey it's Twilight Sparkle and Applejack.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I like that new girl's hair.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I like that new girl's hair.
The one with the tennis racket? Me too. :allears:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Not So Fast posted:

Oh hey it's Twilight Sparkle and Applejack.

Who?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ironic Twist posted:

Who?

This post is honestly refreshing. Good thing for first thing in the morning.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Tennis girl seems really familiar for some reason. I do love the hair on the other girl, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

inthesto posted:

Tennis girl seems really familiar for some reason. I do love the hair on the other girl, though.

It's Jones. She's Jones. (she's Eglamore)