Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
So, F:NV can actually be made pretty!

Got everything up and running again!
Man, now I just wish there were some power armors that didn't have ridiculous gigantic pauldrons. I refuse to use power armor because of how dumb the pauldrons look.

ATTENTION GAMES STOP IT WITH THE loving PAULDRONS ALREADY.

hairrorist fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*
Anyone got a copy of AlexScorpion's armours that they'd be willing to upload somewhere? All I can find is a dead link to a no-longer existing Nexus page from this retirement topic.

In particular, I'm after the files from the Desert Scorpion set: Desert_Scorpion-V3-35668-1.rar, New_Vegas_Battle_Suit-35668.rar, Combat_Package-35668-1.rar and any related files (I think all I'm really after is bags.dds, bags_n.dds, body.dds and body_n.dds).

Gutrot fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 23, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MadPierrot posted:

I've rescinded my criticism of EVE. Using the compatibility patches and no crashing.

The highly endorsed Freeside overhaul, however, isn't all that terrific. Since I've been messing with low-level modding for a while, I figure I'm going to try and retool it to not be incredibly jarring while still having Freeside be a little more expanded. I don't even know where or how to start though. Any tips?

Same here. I've been using the latest version of EVE with compatibility patches and haven't experienced any crashes that could be attributed to it. I apologize, EVE.

Hairrorist, can you edit your post so it's not breaking the borders?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Dux Supremus posted:

These probably aren't all that great, but it goes to show the in-game face editor sucks (Captain Obvious reporting!) while the one in the GECK is alright if you're willing to waste an hour or two iterating and checking in-game.

Is there a good mod for pre-set faces out there that isn't just 'generic anime girl' or 'characters from fallout 3 and NV'? Those look pretty decent-- better than anything I can come up with.

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005
How do you edit what music plays where? There's a couple tracks that I'd like to 86 and I want to add in more of the music from the game's Fallout 2 folder.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Welp, completely forgot about F:NV when I re-installed windows and formatted everything so I lost a huge update to MEP (all the legion stuff + "merging" lots of area's re-Populated Wasteland touched, or whatever the new updated version is called) and a big hardcore rebalance mod I was tweaking as an alternative to... Arwens (and thats about it in FNV unfortunately), see you in Skyrim!

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gutrot posted:

Anyone got a copy of AlexScorpion's armours that they'd be willing to upload somewhere? All I can find is a dead link to a no-longer existing Nexus page from this retirement topic.

In particular, I'm after the files from the Desert Scorpion set: Desert_Scorpion-V3-35668-1.rar, New_Vegas_Battle_Suit-35668.rar, Combat_Package-35668-1.rar and any related files (I think all I'm really after is bags.dds, bags_n.dds, body.dds and body_n.dds).

I mirrored NVBS on The Armory's hosting and it's linked in the OP linked in the thread fffff unless you're thinking of something else.

Oh, and the complete rebalancing has been completed for TA 2.5 with the optionals are their way. The final stretch of testing and tweaking starts this week for those of you who actually still follow our progress. :)

Naky fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 23, 2011

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Syrant posted:

Is there a good mod for pre-set faces out there that isn't just 'generic anime girl' or 'characters from fallout 3 and NV'? Those look pretty decent-- better than anything I can come up with.
Not that I've found. I've been slowly piecing together and modifying things from Nexus to get characters that don't look like poo poo yet also aren't anime or creepy. Might put it up when I'm done.

Best advice I can really give is to use the GECK to play around with preset faces (under NPCs), because the editor is different and more powerful. Check it using the plastic surgeon menu and repeating until you're happy with it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Dux Supremus posted:

Not that I've found. I've been slowly piecing together and modifying things from Nexus to get characters that don't look like poo poo yet also aren't anime or creepy. Might put it up when I'm done.

Best advice I can really give is to use the GECK to play around with preset faces (under NPCs), because the editor is different and more powerful. Check it using the plastic surgeon menu and repeating until you're happy with it.

Are you using Police's head mesh as a base? Because if you are and you're making presets in GECK, I'd be all over that. If you're not, well, you should be because his head mesh rules.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Apparently not. Link me up?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Dux Supremus posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3376713&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=196#post394610146

This is his post about it.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Fomm still sorts load orders from first to last, meaning the last item in the list will be loaded last and overwrite the above, correcT?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Are there any HUD mods that make it so the compass doesn't fade on one side? I like having the compass in the middle of my screen, but the way it fades on the right and chops off on the left is bizarre.

Cortex
Apr 2, 2011
Agh, I've reinstalled my game and reinstalled all my mods, which helped out a bit with my CTD's, but I still can't play more then 5 minutes anymore without having a CTD, I'm hoping somebody would know what my issue could be, I got a merged patch on my mods in Wyre Bash, so I don't know at all :/ :

FalloutNV.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Active Wasteland.esm
Afterschool Special.esm
Kaya47NF.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
RustTownV1Master.esm
Military NV Backpacks.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Caliber.esm
CFWNV.esm
More Perks.esm
NPC Project.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
MoMod.esm
Project13 - Populated Wasteland.esm
The.Armory.esm
OutfitsReColorNVMaster.esm
DWCNV.esm
Blck_Fx NV-- Add Casque M1.esp
OFT_NoIWR_Merge_Base.esp
CASM.esp
Bobblehunt.esp
Readius_NV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
Bitter Springs Revisited.esp
Monster Mod Wasteland Edition.esp
AFNV_PartOne.esp
Buriedmobilehome.esp
GoodspringsFarmhouse_v1.2.esp
Laurens_Bathroom_poetry.esp
NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
Tibersmapmarkers.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
NVR_rePopulated Wasteland_Patch.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Radio Free Wasteland.esp
Continue After End.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
TheCollector.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
More Perks Update.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
ManualReload.esp
mojave music radio expanded v1.1.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
ZLArmaments.esp
DragonskinTacticalOutfit.esp
DragonskinBonusPack.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
NCR Rearmament v1.5.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Immersive Karma.esp
AllCompanionsEssential 2.0.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Destructibles.esp
Buck's Place.esp
noautoaim.esp
Level Cap 100.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
dD-Reduced Ragdoll Force.esp
Modified Combat Values v2.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
PipLantern.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
New Vegas Error Corrections - NO DLC.esp
LoneWandererOutfits.esp
Novac Motel - Couriers Room.esp
Novac Motel - Exterior.esp
DragbodysLegionReplacerV01.esp
LegionGladiatorPA.esp
Radio Free Christmas.esp
NVEC The New Bison Steve Hotel Patch - NO DLC.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Fellout.esp
NPC Project - Aerotech Office Park.esp
Bandshirts_NV.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
RustTownAdditions3.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Total active plugins: 103
Total plugins: 125

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Get FNVedit and read the first two chapters of the manual here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38413. Then go through activating five mods at a time and running a conflict filter if no fatal errors occur, just conflicts, great, enable five more and so on until your whole load order will complete a valid conflict filter.

If you do get an error that crashes FNVedit, something is wrong and will cause the game to crash as well, so you'll need to disable mods one by one until you isolate the one causing the issue and decide if you want to keep that mod or discard it. If you want to keep it, you'll have to play with its load order until you can complete a conflict filter, then go back to adding five at a time or so. Painstaking and annoying, yes.

Once you're able to get a conflict filter to successfully complete you can make your merged patch, do any manual edits you want and then do a Master Update. This -should- result in an error free game.

gently caress you, Gamebryo.

hairrorist fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 24, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

az posted:

Fomm still sorts load orders from first to last, meaning the last item in the list will be loaded last and overwrite the above, correcT?

Correct.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope
"Project Reality"

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Cortex posted:

Agh, I've reinstalled my game and reinstalled all my mods, which helped out a bit with my CTD's, but I still can't play more then 5 minutes anymore without having a CTD, I'm hoping somebody would know what my issue could be, I got a merged patch on my mods in Wyre Bash, so I don't know at all :/ :

New Vegas Error Corrections is meant for small load orders or the vanilla game without any mods installed, with a load order as big as yours all it is doing is causing conflicts with other mods.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Dux Supremus posted:

Since then I exchanged the EGT files (so that skin toning actually works) and reworked the texture so that it fits better with the skin on type3 and the head doesnt look sawn on anymore so much. If there's interest I could upload it. Only thing I sadly cannot fix is the freakishly long neck/generally bad mesh there because mesh editing of a head includes some voodoo regarding to the face morphs for which you need a hex editor and months of time. Sorry 'bout that.

(screenshot for head/body seam color comparsion. Its still there and it's pretty much impossible to fix but I think it looks better now than it did in the version of this head before)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I would love for you to upload the files. I'm still using the one you posted originally a while back.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

MadPierrot posted:

IWS was recently updated and it adds a shitload of spawns and options regarding them. With all the modules activated and set on high things will look less like a wasteland and more like a military occupation.

edit: <Feral Ghoul Party ROAD TRIP :toot:>

After enabling FGR in one of my runs recently, I decided to go take a look at the REPCONN launch site.

Ghouls can be a problem. What's scarier is that not only are Deathclaw populations up, a shitload of them are Alpha Males. :ohdear: I cruised over to the Gypsum Train Yard, and there were 20+ Alphas on the screen at once. :stare:

There were some more behind the edge of the hill and train cars, as well.

Plus a few Young, Blinds and "vanilla" Adults.

Never did get back to the Prometory that run...

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Upmarket Mango posted:

I would love for you to upload the files. I'm still using the one you posted originally a while back.

Will do then, I'll also try to throw in some actually working eyelashes this time.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Hey Omnicarus, and anyone else that may have encountered this really odd problem.

Lombard is great and working fine but I encountered somthing for the first time and it deals with the weapon wall.
I believe I understand that the wall has 2 textures saved in it so it shows the regular or special version of what you stuck in it. This is why modded weapons do not show those mods on the wall, it would be nuts to add all those possible model combinations into a display.

So I have a (sweet sweet) minigun showing on the wall, I'm over at the armor lockers futzing about with whatever I'm going to wear for my next "help a few humans, into the grave" robot excursion.

I back up and hear a clink, the mini gun is on the ground, broken into 2 pieces, the gun and ammo pack. I can't pick it up or interact except kicking it around the floor like the worst soccer ball ever. It's still in the wall and it dissapears when I take it out. I put it back in and it appears back on the floor. I've restarted the game to no effect so I stuck the gun (which still works and animates correctly when equipped) into a locker and pretended it didn't happen.

I have used weapon walls ALOT and have never seen this...did I huff paint by accident? When I get home I'll edit this with a picture showing the "broken" minigun.

Now I have nightmares dealing with all my weapons falling off the wall and forsaking thier duties, laughing at me.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I'm about to get back into this with all the DLC, and want to start fresh. I had previously installed a number of mods, but they are likely out of date. I deleted everything in the Data folder that wasn't an official esm, bsa or nam (I've never noticed these before) and all subfolders except for Videos, Music, Shaders and Sound. Then I let Steam verify and redownload 4 files. Loaded up my most recent save (NVSE complained about being out of date, but with no mods that seemed to be fine) and confirmed it didn't instantly crash. Am I good to go, or is there anything else I should do to ensure I won't run into problems down the line?

E:
Tried running around for a bit outside and crashed after a few minutes, not unexpected with the missing mods. So I tried a fresh character and had no issues, until I tried to close the game and it froze on me. All I have installed is FOMM and NVSE, it is not a big problem but annoying nonetheless - google tells me this is an old problem, but I don't remember it from when I last played.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 24, 2011

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*
Booyah.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44515

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

I can't read any of that.

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*
They link to bigger images. Just clickthrough, then click on the new image.

Also, ask me how much I'm loving the Low Profile Armour moLOTS.

Gutrot fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 24, 2011

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Heh, the point isn't what the menu says, its that someone released an ingenious interface mod that lets you add and remove weapon mods as god intended. I linked it a few pages ago but version 1.0 came out today and its bug free as far as I can tell.

You need the new version of NVSE posted at the NVSE site earlier today.

Where's that mod from Gutrot? I was just bitching about how dumb power armor looks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

hairrorist posted:

Heh, the point isn't what the menu says, its that someone released an ingenious interface mod that lets you add and remove weapon mods as god intended. I linked it a few pages ago but version 1.0 came out today and its bug free as far as I can tell.

You need the new version of NVSE posted at the NVSE site earlier today.

Where's that mod from Gutrot? I was just bitching about how dumb power armor looks.

I think he's talking about LPAM, which was my first foray into something resembling modding. I failed terribly at properly implementing it into the game, and it's indefinitely on the back burner until I have more time to pull it apart. There's a download link many pages back, if you want to dig it up.

I'm glad you like it, though, Gutrot. :cheers:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Gutrot posted:

They link to bigger images. Just clickthrough, then click on the new image.

Also, ask me how much I'm loving the Low Profile Armour moLOTS.

How did you get that scar on your face?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Smuggins posted:

Hey Omnicarus, and anyone else that may have encountered this really odd problem.

Lombard is great and working fine but I encountered somthing for the first time and it deals with the weapon wall.
I believe I understand that the wall has 2 textures saved in it so it shows the regular or special version of what you stuck in it. This is why modded weapons do not show those mods on the wall, it would be nuts to add all those possible model combinations into a display.

So I have a (sweet sweet) minigun showing on the wall, I'm over at the armor lockers futzing about with whatever I'm going to wear for my next "help a few humans, into the grave" robot excursion.

I back up and hear a clink, the mini gun is on the ground, broken into 2 pieces, the gun and ammo pack. I can't pick it up or interact except kicking it around the floor like the worst soccer ball ever. It's still in the wall and it dissapears when I take it out. I put it back in and it appears back on the floor. I've restarted the game to no effect so I stuck the gun (which still works and animates correctly when equipped) into a locker and pretended it didn't happen.

I have used weapon walls ALOT and have never seen this...did I huff paint by accident? When I get home I'll edit this with a picture showing the "broken" minigun.

Now I have nightmares dealing with all my weapons falling off the wall and forsaking thier duties, laughing at me.

This happens to some people and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I honestly don't know how this could happen short of it being another mod loving with the weapon models. The weapon models I use from the vanilla game literally can't be processed by the havok physics engine. :psyduck:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

How did you get that scar on your face?

I think that's Geonox's "Hero" Race.

EDIT: Yup.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
So, other than NVB and NVBII are there any great content mods? I've heard good things about Bison Steve but was that it gives you some pretty ridiculous gear.

Is Dog City Denver any good? Sounds like it might be. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41751#content

War Never Changes looks pretty interesting as well. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40266

Anyone tried these or any other quests that stand out as gems? NVB series was so good it felt like part of the vanilla game. Puce's Tales were quite good as well.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Omnicarus posted:

This happens to some people and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I honestly don't know how this could happen short of it being another mod loving with the weapon models. The weapon models I use from the vanilla game literally can't be processed by the havok physics engine. :psyduck:

That's what I thought. Other than PNV and WME I don't have any other weapon effecting mods but I'm sure something is screwy somewhere. But it's less than a nuisance.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

hairrorist posted:

So, other than NVB and NVBII are there any great content mods? I've heard good things about Bison Steve but was that it gives you some pretty ridiculous gear.

Is Dog City Denver any good? Sounds like it might be. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41751#content

War Never Changes looks pretty interesting as well. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40266

Anyone tried these or any other quests that stand out as gems? NVB series was so good it felt like part of the vanilla game. Puce's Tales were quite good as well.

War Never Changes adds an NPC that randomly teleports to your location every time you enter a new area. Uninstalled it very quickly.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

hairrorist posted:

Bison Steve is pretty good, it does give you a couple of nice rewards but it doesn't flood you with OP items or anything. If it bothers you, you can tweak the stats of the armor pretty easily in NVEdit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Bison Steve is pretty awesome, unless you like the unique gun Lucky which you'll lose if you trigger the quest for the Casino before getting it.

Whoops.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
So have anyone tried using NV Error Corrections - Reduce CTD? Does it work?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Hellbunny posted:

So have anyone tried using NV Error Corrections - Reduce CTD? Does it work?
Noooope. It's made by a bunch of crazies with minimal understanding of xEdit and bulletproof self-confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Talkie Toaster posted:

Noooope. It's made by a bunch of crazies with minimal understanding of xEdit and bulletproof self-confidence.

I like the disclaimer at the end:

quote:

This work is the work of hairylegs222 and robert01. It is NOT allowed to be modified and/or redistributed anywhere, ever, period.

Bwahahaha