Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hey, he looks loving DAPPER.

Mina Harker is going to go apeshit for that guy, no word of a lie. His eyes burn like embers... in the night...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Hey, he looks loving DAPPER.

Mina Harker is going to go apeshit for that guy, no word of a lie. His eyes burn like embers... in the night...

Only after she asks her nuncle.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I finally finished ADWD on the bus today....sure glad a whole chunk of the finale was spent on Dany wandering around wondering why she's bleeding out her vag.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

"A Song of Ice and Lemoncakes" [actual title], posted by Dragoninstall four days ago on his/her DeviantArt:

goddamnit, link instead of timg because it's bloody HUGE

Yeah. Wow.

(Also, between the title and a "~OF THE NIGHT~" he/she threw in the comment, it seems a safe bet that he/she is a goon or a lurker. Well, unless westeros.org or other places have the same memes as this thread.)

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

That's really really good, it's suprising how many people I can identify.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

[u]"A Song of Ice and Lemoncakes".

Laughed at Bran hitting his head on the doorway. Also this little guy

haha look at him go

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

But if everyone has anime hair how will we know which one is Rhaegar?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can identify everyone except the guy with the green flaming sword next to Beric, the guy with the bow and the crow up near the Wights, and the guy with black-and-white hair near Aerys.

Who are those?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm having a lot of fun reading the pages of this thread where everyone was finishing DWD.

What's everyones thoughts on what Victarion Greyjoy is going to end up doing?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm having a lot of fun reading the pages of this thread where everyone was finishing DWD.

I think he'll be the catalyst for Dany finally leaving Essos, due to dragon-related shenanigans. And then he'll die.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I'm kind of embarrassed to have to ask, but who is it actually sitting the Iron Throne in that picture? I wish I could recognise more characters.

Is there a chance that the guy with the bow and the crow is Qhorin? The crow doesn't seem to be exactly sitting on his shoulder, could just be flying by?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He seems like a cool guy, he'll probably die offscreen next book(pffahahaha)

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He'll find Dany, try to take her home as a sea queen or whatever, rape her, get killed by Khal Newguy, and his fleet will be how Dany gets her Mongol army to Westeros.

quote:

I'm kind of embarrassed to have to ask, but who is it actually sitting the Iron Throne in that picture? I wish I could recognise more characters.

White hair so it's a Targaryen. Sitting on the Throne so it's a King. I guess it could be Mad King Aerys, which would make the kids Danaerys and either Rhaegar or Viserys? Doesnt make a ton of sense though since Aerys is usually depicted as an older crazy guy like Howard Huges or whatever. I guess it could be Rhaegar and the kids are Dany and Viserys, which makes a little more sense image-wise but Rhaegar was never King so still a little weird.

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 24, 2011

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
gently caress the Dothraki then. Dumbass fake mongol savages, how DARE you mess with my boring vikings!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well, Moqorro the red priest sounded extremely supportive of Dany's anti-slavery stance in Tyrion's chapters so i wonder if he saw what the horn actually does in the flames of the volcanoes and isn't actually going to gently caress Victarion over.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Dany will leave with him and he'll sacrifice her to the gods in exchange for dragon control.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

I'm just disappointed in Dany, how she contracted a case of the stupid after being rather sharp for the last 3 books, seriously, your children are waiting for you :(

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's some impressive artwork.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jakabite posted:

Dominion posted:

White hair so it's a Targaryen. Sitting on the Throne so it's a King. I guess it could be Mad King Aerys, which would make the kids Danaerys and either Rhaegar or Viserys? Doesnt make a ton of sense though since Aerys is usually depicted as an older crazy guy like Howard Huges or whatever. I guess it could be Rhaegar and the kids are Dany and Viserys, which makes a little more sense image-wise but Rhaegar was never King so still a little weird.

Rhaegar and Aerys are already in the image at bottom right.

It's Aegon and his two sisters.

Jakabite posted:

Is there a chance that the guy with the bow and the crow is Qhorin? The crow doesn't seem to be exactly sitting on his shoulder, could just be flying by?

No, the Halfhand is to the left of Mag the Mighty. He's the one with a bandaged hand. I dunno though, it's hard to tell.

Brannock fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 24, 2011

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Toplowtech posted:

Well, Moqorro the red priest sounded extremely supportive of Dany's anti-slavery stance in Tyrion's chapters so i wonder if he saw what the horn actually does in the flames of the volcanoes and isn't actually going to gently caress Victarion over.

Yeah I never quite understood why exactly Moqorro in Tyrions chapters mentioned seeing a sign about the Kraken and how bad they are and then when he shows up with them he's all for helping them out. I assumed they were sailing into trouble but I guess I won't know until I'm an old man with a salt and pepper beard, mostly salt.

I think the one addition to the whole story that never sat well with me was this whole Rh'llor thing, it seemed to sort of come out of nowhere especially considering that it's "magic" and religion that actually worked, even if it was only sometimes. At least with the Weirwoods/Old Gods there was a lot of set-up and hinting until you finally got to a deep cave where elves danced and sang with tree roots. It seemed like Rh'llor showed up on the scene and all of a sudden there were glowing swords, prophecies that panned out in a few chapters and voodoo leeches that killed off kings.

I was like hey that's not fair. Especially after how many characters lamented Gods not actually existing.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Jakabite posted:

Iron Throne is Aegon I, either side of him are his sister-wives. Bow/crow is Bloodraven.

Ones I'm unsure of are as follows:

Osha, maybe?

completely at a loss here.

I'd say this is Tyrion but he looks so ridiculously old that I'm not sure.

only one I can think of is Daario, but no mustachios or beard.

Arya? Maybe? but she looks too old and the sword isn't needle, I don't think.

Yeah, who the gently caress is this?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah I never quite understood why exactly Moqorro in Tyrions chapters mentioned seeing a sign about the Kraken and how bad they are and then when he shows up with them he's all for helping them out. I assumed they were sailing into trouble but I guess I won't know until I'm an old man with a salt and pepper beard, mostly salt.
Well he stayed on the wreckage in the middle of the sea a few days watching the flame of the volcanoes, then when the Iron men found him he immediately try to gain Victarion's attention while the other iron men clearly wanted him dead (or at least back in the water), so it's possible he saw in the flames that helping Victarion with his maester/hand problem was the only way for him to survive and reach his goal (Dany).

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

whowhatwhere posted:

Brienne of Tarth.

quote:

Joffrey with a bandage on the left hand (after Arya's direwolf bit him)?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
No, Joffrey's the smug poo poo between Jaime/the Hound/Tywin/Cersei/Tommen/Myrcela.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I am very disappointed at how little rape and food is in that drawing.

If you read this thread, artist, you should feel very bad.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

whowhatwhere posted:

No, Joffrey's the smug poo poo between Jaime/the Hound/Tywin/Cersei/Tommen/Myrcela.
Well since he is next to Dany and Drogo, i think it may be Viserys?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Mr Crustacean posted:

I'm just disappointed in Dany, how she contracted a case of the stupid after being rather sharp for the last 3 books, seriously, your children are waiting for you :(

Dany was always stupid, don't kid yourself.

Doesn't Darkstar have black and white hair?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

bigmcgaffney posted:

Dany was always stupid, don't kid yourself.

Doesn't Darkstar have black and white hair?
Yes, he has thick silver hair with "a streak of black dividing it". So i guess the white bearded kingsguard on the other side is Arthur Dayne.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

whowhatwhere posted:

Iron Throne is Aegon I, either side of him are his sister-wives. Bow/crow is Bloodraven.

Ones I'm unsure of are as follows:

Osha, maybe?

completely at a loss here.

I'd say this is Tyrion but he looks so ridiculously old that I'm not sure.

only one I can think of is Daario, but no mustachios or beard.

Osha, no idea at all, Tyrion, Viserys, Arya (peep the coin and her placement next to Jaqen and Gendry), and Brienne.

The artist wasn't too accurate in some depictions - Qyburn for example looks nothing like how he's described in the book.

If bow guy is Bloodraven who's the ancient tree guy with leaves floating around him?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

whowhatwhere posted:

I think arya is down at the bottom with the dagger on her hip, that's closer to what appears to be the Starks and Northmen section. But I'm drawing a blank on who it would be, a woman with a sword and a...amulet? Whatever it is she's carrying.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dominion posted:

I think arya is down at the bottom with the dagger on her hip, that's closer to what appears to be the Starks and Northmen section. But I'm drawing a blank on who it would be, a woman with a sword and a...amulet? Whatever it is she's carrying.

The one you're looking at bot near the Greyjoys is Asha.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Brannock posted:

The one you're looking at bot near the Greyjoys is Asha.

Hmm, so it is.

So, right under who we assume is Osha, we have Jojen and Meera Reed, Bran riding Hodor, whose the guy/kid to the right of Hodor?

\/\/\/ Yeah, you're right. I didnt think it was sickly enough to be Jojen.

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 24, 2011

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Rickon riding Shaggy, Meera, Bran on Hodor, Jojen, Theon Greyjoy.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This picture needs more Boltons. Also, more Hot Pie.

The woman at the bottom right is Lyanna, right? I think it makes sense, because then if the picture loops around she and Eddard are looking directly at each other.

Really enjoying the drunk look Cersei has.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Victarion is so loving awesome in that image.

Who is the guy standing behind Strong Belwas (to the left)?
As well, who is the guy glowing green behind Melisandre?

I was able to name everyone of them besides these two.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
That's super cool.

^^ Guy behind Belwas is Jorah Mormont, I think?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Lenin Stimpy posted:

The first is Ser Jorah Mormont, I think. And the guy with the flaming sword is probably that priest that fought at the tourneys with a flaming sword. I forget his name.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Victarion is so loving awesome in that image.

I was able to name everyone of them besides these two.

Thoros of Myr?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Every character in that picture that isn't fat or a dwarf has the same face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

savinhill posted:

Every character in that picture that isn't fat or a dwarf has the same face

Well it's anime style so no poo poo.