Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phil Resch
May 11, 2006
Goon Through Charity (And Don't I Forget It)

BrokenKnees posted:

Amazon had a sale and I bit the bullet, and my copy should get to me sometime next week. Should I download any of the DLC right off? I'm hesitant to drop 1200 points for The Missing Link, just because I will still have the whole game to play, but are either of the weapon DLCs must have from the start?

The short version is you don't need the DLC.

The Missing Link is a standalone piece of content. It takes place somewhat far into the main narrative, but you will access it separately. So you can wait until you beat the game.

The other two DLC options are both preorder bonuses. As far as I know, there's no way to turn them off. If you have the PC version, you can use Gibbed's mod from the OP to access most of the bonuses.

The Explosives Mission Pack comes with an extra mission, which is inserted into the narrative. I watched the entire thing on YouTube, and it didn't look terribly impressive, but it features a Deus Ex 1 cameo. The pack also comes with a grenade launcher (which you barely use), some thrown explosives (some people have used 'em against bosses), and some automatic hacking devices (which are a convenience).

The Tactical Enhancement Pack comes with a double barreled shotgun, an underpowered-but-silenced sniper rifle, and $10,000. The money might be useful early on in the first hub area, but it doesn't take long before you're rolling in cash, even without the boost, so it's not really necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Tecman posted:

[*]You can do it "humorously" and have it be an augmented dick joke (don't actually do this unless you can pull it off properly - "lol your dick gets aug'd" isn't enough), or...

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Tecman posted:

Introducing the latest in fashion augs, with military grade technology to ensure you never have to be worried about your look again.
Using modified cloaking techniques, you can give yourself the appearance of wearing any style and colour of clothing with a mere thought. Have you run into someone with the same t-shirt slogan? Change it! Going to a white tie event with a swimming pool? No sweat! Fancy dress? Only limited by your optional DLC packs. Buy the entire Gucci collection for 50% off with all new augs.
For a small additional cost, also comes with the latest in fat cloaking devices, to always appear to be your ideal weight.
Because you're worth it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SA_Firemonkey

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Is there any other planned DLC for the game? Just bought Missing Link, but I haven't heard about any other missions, or DLC.

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005

Tecman posted:

The Bowel Stimulus Augmentation

Previous work in the field of nonlethal applications of sonic waves proved fruitless(link). Although the research was a failure, scientists did stumble upon the fact that a certain frequency of sonic energy aimed at the intestines of an animal with the correct dietary track could stimulate the bowels and induce the need to defecate.

The tactical usefulness of this was not recognized by anyone at the time. In fact it took a researcher at Sarif Industries who stumbled upon the old document after a recent company takeover. He noted the potential of the finding in the margins of the report before forwarding the document to Sarif himself.

Initial field tests have shown the augmentation to be an effective aid to distraction. Guards of vital access points can be induced to leave their post to relieve themselves. At maximum output the device can be used to cause someone to fully poo poo their pants, for example someone in a crowded area could cause enough of a distraction to pass through unnoticed. Further research is required but the Head of Security fully endorses the technology and wishes to be fitted with it soonest.

Gay but Spooky fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 23, 2011

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We haven't gotten a really good picture of us taken yet, but I managed to get us both on the same picture with help of a good camera, photoshop and taking pictures at a black sphere in front of us at the dead of night.

I certainly didn't ask for this.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Tecman posted:

Thanks to the guys and gals at Eidos Montréal I've got 3 Steam keys for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" to hand out! All that I require in return is for you to think of an Augmentation you'd like to see in the game's world, then design that and present it to all of us.

• It can be purely in text form as a description, or you can use visuals, photoshops or mspaints as an aid. All I ask is that you put at least some effort into these - even if it's minimalist mspaint humor.
  • You can do this "seriously" and actually think of some plausible backstory, the science(babble) behind it and possible applications for it, or...
  • You can do it "humorously" and have it be an augmented dick joke (don't actually do this unless you can pull it off properly - "lol your dick gets aug'd" isn't enough), or...
  • Whatever crazy impossible things (that probably shouldn't ever exist) your minds can come up with works too. Just try and really sell it.
  • Multiple entries are allowed - just don't spam low-effort ones, please.
  • If you want to, please post your Steam ID along with your entry. Otherwise, just wait and see in case you win and post it then. The winners can also PM me the IDs over the forums if they have Platinum. I just need to be sure I'm sending to the proper person and not have some random lurker bug me on Steam going "hey it's totally <winner>, can I haz DLC plz".
  • The best three entries will win one key each! The deadline is on Monday, October 24th at 23:00 GMT (19:00 Eastern, 16:00 Pacific - I hope the math is right, otherwise US goons please correct me on this). After that, I may need an hour or two to make up my mind. This may take longer (probably not, but just throwing it out there just in case)

I'd suggest to make your ideas count - even if it's something completely wacky and out there, try to make it sound plausible, even if the laws of reality should never ever allow it to exist. :v:

Sarif MK XXVI "Pheidippides" Leg Enhancement
Prerequisites: Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis, Silent Movement
Energy Usage High/One Unit (see below)

An enhancement to Sarif's standard mil-spec Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis, the MK XXVI "Pheidippides" Leg Enhancement completely replaces the lower limbs and pelvis with an advanced quasi-superconductive synthetic musculature built around carbon nano-composite "bones". This, along with re-engineered high traction feet allow the user to run at speeds in excess of 120KPH for as long as their internal bio-electric reserves allow.

*Manufacturer's Note*
This prosthesis' feet are not compatible with ordinary footwear, and are not recommended for those requiring 'discrete' augmentations. Damage to clothing may occur during high-speed running. This augmentation is intended for use by military/ law enforcement and security personnel only, and its use is not permissible under the bylaws of the International Olympic Committee, NFL, NBA, MLB or the Special Olympics.

Gameplay
The aug will allow Jensen to run at extreme speeds at a energy cost equal to level 2 cloaking (can be used with run silent/cloak). Jensen can also target a distant enemy(ies) and sprint at them to preform a takedown.

CAPTAIN SHIT
Mar 10, 2001

guff
Overload
Prereq: Three Batteries, Recharge Upgrade 2

Jensen can funnel a powerful electrical current into electronic devices, using one or two battery charges and ruining the device. Used on security terminals and alarm panels this will cause a system failure, disabling any connected cameras or active alarms and rendering the terminal or panel useless. Used on a turret or security bot, this will immediately deactivate the device, placing it into an inactive mode. If used on a regular computer, this will wipe the drive, rendering the terminal unusable for reading emails about backstory (or for achieving goals) but still returning any of the nodes squares (XP, credits) to the player.

The hacking minigame in DX:HR is really good as hacking minigames go but in a game as replayable as DX, minigames still can grow tedious.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Tecman posted:

Let's try a real one first...

CASIE 2.0
Visibility:
None.
Purpose: An upgrade to the standard CASIE aug. Allows the user to modify their own tone and body language to further manipulate the targets. Useful for haggling down prices at shops. Can also be used to stop enemies from going hostile.

And now for another:

Mankind has faced an epidemic for thousands and thousands of years. Every day, we live in fear that we'll eventually succumb to this horror. I am of course talking about male pattern baldness. David Sarif, a man that suffers from this tragedy, however, has found a way stop it once and for all.

You've tried the hair plugs, the toupees, the comb-overs, the hypnotism, but you haven't tried the Sarif Industries Hair Dispensing Device! Embedded into your scalp, the SIHDD instantly creates a full head of hair whenever you like! But that's not all, let's say you're going out for a night on the town. You could go for the middle aged, bachelor look:

...Or, you could spice it up with something new!

The possibilities are endless!*

The Sarif Industries Hair Dispenser. The next time people wonder how YOU'RE the life of the party, tell them, "My hair is augmented".

*possibilities might not be endless

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In the real world, communication has become our main path of technological advancement. Internet, mobile phones, social media, Bin Ladin's death hit Twitter before it reached CNN. In light of this I find it surprising that augs like Jensen still need to pick up a newspaper or read their email. Having Pritchard as a pocket hacker solves some issues with gathering information on-site but it isn't perfect.

"Cassandra" communication sniffer
This augment maintains a wireless connection into local networks. Using user-set relevance filters (adaptation on the fly is difficult due to the lack of a true AI) it can pull messages directly to the user's visual/audio feed as they become available. Black market or military versions have been outfitted with hacking tools to try and pick up enemy communication. This has led to the Cassandra nickname, as a well-informed operative can keep one step ahead of his enemies. As a result, though, terrorist groups have come to rely more on codephrases and misinformation than on digital encryption, so its usefulness in the field is debated.

3 Stacked Midgets
Jul 29, 2004
Triple Threat
In the DLC, is there any way to save Nina? It seems like it hints that if you disable security and kill guards, she can escape, but I'm not sure.

I've searched around and can't find out how.

The DLC is absolutely worth buying. I loved the twists the story takes and how the dialogue responds so closely to how you play through the mission.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Momomo posted:

The possibilities are endless!*

The Sarif Industries Hair Dispenser. The next time people wonder how YOU'RE the life of the party, tell them, "My hair is augmented".

*possibilities might not be endless

I don't mean to alarm you Jensen but you're lips are upside down. You might want to go back to LIMB and oh maybe have them fix that.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

randombattle posted:

I don't mean to alarm you Jensen but you're lips are upside down. You might want to go back to LIMB and oh maybe have them fix that.

"Why, do you want to kiss me, Francis?" :smugcybershades:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

oddspelling posted:

"Why, do you want to kiss me, Francis?" :smugcybershades:

Be careful what you wish for.. Jensen.

I am so sorry..

Poppleganger
Jul 29, 2004
AR$E
This is about the point where Jensen would start freaking out and breaking things because he doesn't understand the internet. and now I've just written fanfic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I never asked for this.

suburban wine mom
May 27, 2004

VJeff posted:

I never asked for this.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

randombattle posted:

:stare:

So very very sorry.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
I hate you so much, randombattle. :)

http://sci-ence.org/augmentation/

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I was playing through the dlc and spied a Praxis kit on the roof of a tower thing, but I didn't have the jump aug to reach it.

Using those explosive barrels was a heavy risk, but the prize...

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Tactical Anatomy Coordinator
Prerequisites: None
Energy Usage: Low

An enhancement containing a library for effective close combat takedowns and a link to central nervous system for high speed coordination with operative augmentations which execute these maneuvers.

In practice, the library contains useful knowledge for all kinds of takedowns and redirects user when tactical errors are detected. For example, the augmentation corrects hideous cognitive errors where a user might think that wrestling a target to the ground and breaking their arms is a way to subdue them silently, and instead suggests how to actually aim elbow blades to vital organs while disabling victims ability to signal for help.

Dynamic Experience Analyzer
Prerequisites: Tactical Anatomy Coordinator
Energy Usage: Low

An expansion augmentation to TAC, which helps the user to analyze and process incoming information more effectively. In other words, since the user is no longer completely retarded, they will receive 30 more experience points for deadly takedowns.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I always thought the Icarus system was cool but kind of out of place - you have a whole electrical lightning flight system built in but you only ever use it for one ability. It's noisy, it's loud, and it's powerful. It would work well for the run and gun game rather than a stealth the stealthy route, and provide a significantly different feel to the game.

I've reworked it - so here we go:

1. Icarus Field Generator
Pre-reqs: None (Prereq for Icarus Landing System & Flight System)
Energy usage: Medium
Cost: 2 Praxis Points

The Icarus Field Generator creates a field around the user that deflects most small arms fire and reduces the damage from explosives and large caliber weapons. Activation of the field lasts for 10 seconds per battery but can be switched on and off at will.

Activation of this ability creates a very visible and audible effect so all nearby entities will be aware of your location.

2. Icarus Landing System
As is, but requires the Icarus Field Generator as a prereq. Only costs 1 Praxis Point.

3. Icarus Flight System
Pre-reqs: Icarus Landing System
Energy usage: High

The Icarus Flight System allows the user to levitate above the ground for 10 seconds. The user controls the flight direction using his/her hands, meaning that no weapons may be used during this period. The Flight system creates a barrier around the user that deflects small arms fire, but not explosives or large caliber weapons.

While in flight the user may use an Icarus Boost to charge to a targeted location. The charge will damage and stun anything in proximity to the targeted area.

Caution: If the flight exceeds 10 seconds, the Icarus system will shut down and become inoperable for 30 seconds while it undergoes nanite repair. Please be advised that associated Icarus products, such as the Icarus Landing System, will be inoperable during this period.

4. Icarus Burst
Pre-reqs: Icarus Field Generator
Energy usage: Medium (Half a battery)
Cost: 1 Praxis Point

The Icarus Burst allows the user to focus the energy from the Icarus Field Generator into a cone directly in front of the user. Anything caught within the burst will suffer both electrical damage and be propelled backwards at a high velocity. This ability is creates vivid visual and audible effects and alerts any nearby enitites to your location.

Unless the user is braced the force of the burst will propel the user backwards as well. Please use caution when using this ability on rooftops and ledges.

Steam account is cheesegrinder btw.

PS: release this in an expansion pack called Daedalus Rising, have some company steal Icarus tech and all the enemies you fight fly around like magneto.

Goffer fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 24, 2011

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tecman posted:

Thanks to the guys and gals at Eidos Montréal I've got 3 Steam keys for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" to hand out! All that I require in return is for you to think of an Augmentation you'd like to see in the game's world, then design that and present it to all of us.

• It can be purely in text form as a description, or you can use visuals, photoshops or mspaints as an aid. All I ask is that you put at least some effort into these - even if it's minimalist mspaint humor.
  • You can do this "seriously" and actually think of some plausible backstory, the science(babble) behind it and possible applications for it, or...
  • You can do it "humorously" and have it be an augmented dick joke (don't actually do this unless you can pull it off properly - "lol your dick gets aug'd" isn't enough), or...
  • Whatever crazy impossible things (that probably shouldn't ever exist) your minds can come up with works too. Just try and really sell it.
  • Multiple entries are allowed - just don't spam low-effort ones, please.
  • If you want to, please post your Steam ID along with your entry. Otherwise, just wait and see in case you win and post it then. The winners can also PM me the IDs over the forums if they have Platinum. I just need to be sure I'm sending to the proper person and not have some random lurker bug me on Steam going "hey it's totally <winner>, can I haz DLC plz".
  • The best three entries will win one key each! The deadline is on Monday, October 24th at 23:00 GMT (19:00 Eastern, 16:00 Pacific - I hope the math is right, otherwise US goons please correct me on this). After that, I may need an hour or two to make up my mind. This may take longer (probably not, but just throwing it out there just in case)

I'd suggest to make your ideas count - even if it's something completely wacky and out there, try to make it sound plausible, even if the laws of reality should never ever allow it to exist. :v:

The Quiet Storm

Sidegrade from the Typhoon Explosive System.

The Typhoon is an excellent short-range weapon, but in the context of stealth operations, the ability to do a sexy little pirouette and commit jihad is limited. After the abundant field data gained from illegal use of the Typhoon, a firmware update and modification to the forearms of the Typhoon user allows the use of single 'rounds' from the Typhoon's packs.

CORE AUG:

Typhoon ammunition is tracked differently upon activation. Each unit of ammo counts as 10; use of the conventional Typhoon attack methodology uses 10. Use of new abilities consume one unit of ammo per use. Use of singular Typhoon rounds does not incur an energy cost.

Typhoon rounds can now be used as grenades. While weaker than conc/frag grenades and without any delay on impact, they are relatively more abundant and can be thrown more accurately. There is a 2 second cooldown to represent your hand refilling with delicious throwing explosion ball.

UPGRADE ONE:

Typhoon rounds can be set to activate on sharp motion, allowing for the creation of booby-traps. Additionally, it becomes possible to covertly place the rounds in the inventory of unalarmed guards; upon abruptly leaping to attention when an alarm IS triggered, the round will explode, horribly mutilating their abdominal/groin region!

UPGRADE TWO:

Typhoon rounds can be set to activate on a time delay, ranging from ten seconds to thirty minutes. Use a standard figure to spread confusion among enemy forces, or synchronize their clocks and rapidly insinuating miniature explosive into the pockets of your enemies. They shall surely not be looking for you when they all explode at the lunch table!

Obvious in Retrospect
Arm augmentation: Jensen gains the ability to lock one of his wicked awesome deadly arm swords out, allowing melee attacks. Locking an arm sword in place costs half a cell, unlocking is free. You cannot use a gun with your arm sword out as that would violate Samurai honor (mines and grenades ok).

Say Your Prayers Fatso Because You're Already Deadtek Murder Enhancement System
Upgrade off the Quicksilver. Your takedowns either horribly contort and joint-break the enemy (if non-lethal) or just straight up cause head/organ explosion (if lethal). Enemies finding your grisly, psychotic handiwork have a short delay in utter shock at your machinelike brutality, similar in duration to conc knockdown; until this effect 'clears,' they do not alter the alert situation, allowing you a better chance to disable them.

MannTek Hybrid Cloak System
Alternate upgrade from the base cloak system. If you choose this upgrade, you CANNOT increase duration of an individual energy cell for cloaking purposes, and vice-versa.

As the metamaterial layers in Jensen's skin and awesome supersuit achieve a correct image balance, Jensen may remain still indefinitely while maintaining the benefits of cloaking. Battery does NOT recharge during this period, however, and drains normally while Jensen is in motion. The cloak must be deactivated, or candy bars/mayo eaten, to recharge energy.
Enemies may still notice large objects you're carrying, or bump into you.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I don't need a Steam code but I'd gladly pay for DLC that made ALL my batteries recharge automatically, gently caress

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
So, I bought the Missing Link DLC and from what I'Ve read it's supposed to fit into a part near the end. It doesn't though it seems to be a stand alone mission!?
I'm exactly at the part in the game where it is supposed to fit in, but it just skips the mission as if nothing happened, and I can only start it as a standalone mission.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Holo Clone
Visible: Yes
Useage: 1 cell/5 seconds

An enhancement that puts a holographic Jensen nearby, placeable by the player. It will attract attention/gunfire just like the real Jensen, allowing Jensen to lure NPC's to their doom. Tier 2 makes it last 7.5 seconds, Tier 3 can move up to 10 feet (direction and distance designated by player), Tier 4 lasts 10 seconds.

Cyber-quilitrist
Visible: No

Be able to have noise come from a designated spot. This could be books falling, footsteps, coughing or even gunfire. The player can either designate a distance away to have their footsteps come from, or a specific spot (up to 20 feet away) to have the noises they make come from. Second and third level allow for short looping sounds such as footsteps, gunshots, breathing.

Ammunition Crafter
Location Arm:
Visible: Yes

Jensen can break down ammunition of one type and make it into another type, with some loss of mass. Tier 2 allows creation of rifle ammunition. Tier 3 allows for creation of mine templates and grenades

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 24, 2011

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lollerich posted:

So, I bought the Missing Link DLC and from what I'Ve read it's supposed to fit into a part near the end. It doesn't though it seems to be a stand alone mission!?
I'm exactly at the part in the game where it is supposed to fit in, but it just skips the mission as if nothing happened, and I can only start it as a standalone mission.

It fits in chronologically. It's not intended to be like the Tong DLC that is part of the normal.game. It is pretty silly to have to stop the game where you're at, play ML, and then continue. However it makes sense due to how the DLC is structured that it would be it's own separate entity.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

PaybackJack posted:

It fits in chronologically. It's not intended to be like the Tong DLC that is part of the normal.game. It is pretty silly to have to stop the game where you're at, play ML, and then continue. However it makes sense due to how the DLC is structured that it would be it's own separate entity.
That still seems really, really lame. :(

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

That and that 95% of the people who buy it will have already played through the game at least once, and might not want to have to do another playthrough of most of the game just to reach the new content.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
Part of me holds out hope that they'll find some way to work it back in though I fully realize it will never happen.

:ohdear:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Been playing the DLC. Just got to a part... :( × 100... You know what I mean.

Augmentation idea
Forensic Hacking Acuity.
Requires: Retinal Prosthesis > Smart Vision
By combination of emitted reagents and visual spectrum shifting, Jensen's Smart Vision software can analyze wear and oil and bacterial accumulation to automatically determine likely keyboard password characters and likely keypad numerals, in no particular order. The software will also be able to visually determine what a user types at a distance if both their hands and the face of the keyboard is visible. Useful if you can spy a user logging on to a secure system.
Multi-spectrum analysis with smart vision takes several seconds perfectly still and up close; spying for passwords can take any amount of time patiently watching a user.
Accuracy-enhancing reagents can only be emitted if C.A.S.I.E. augment is enabled.

Tecman posted:

I hate you so much, randombattle. :)

http://sci-ence.org/augmentation/

This makes me wonder... Jensen's spine is also reinforced with (structual/load-bearing) augmentation, right?

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 24, 2011

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Augmentation idea:
Impact Predictor
Requires: Sprint Enhancement
Energy usage: High

Levels:
1: 2 second duration
2: 5 second duration
3: 10 second duration

When activated, it integrates with Jensen's augmented physical senses to determine possible objects that may collide with him. It then uses his strengthened legs to rapidly move him out of harm's way. The result is Jensen zooming from one spot to another as bullets, melee attacks, and explosives come his way.

Can be toggled between auto-activating upon sensing imminent threat, and manual activation.

This let Jensen get the jump on people during gun fights by running headlong into gunfire, could be coupled with takedowns for some major badassery.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Okay, I've thought long and hard about this, and it wasn't easy since a lot of these owned for one reason or another, but...

:siren: The Winners for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" Contest!:siren:

• Gatac's Ethanol Reprocessing Upgrade - Some of the best ideas are simple. This one just felt like it could actually fit into the game so you'd have an additional source of energy restoration, plus it has the added bonus of making me think of some hilarious scenarios where Social Bossfights could turn into Out-drink-the-boss "fights" in order to get information and Adam walking around punching people in the face, then downing an entire bottle of Whiskey right after each takedown and getting drunk as hell for a moment, bitching how he never... well, you know by now. The first CGI trailer even foreshadowed this with that glass of liquor! I had difficulty choosing between this and Vanderdeath's VESPER, especially its alarm trap capabilities, and it was a really hard choice. :(

• Cleretic's YTF Social Media Enhancer - This was probably my favorite "joke" entry, just because it actually isn't and if you think outside of the game's context, not only do I see this happening but it would probably happen extremely quickly with how "social media" is expanding today. The drat thing would probably drown you in ads like some augmented reality video concepts have shown, and for a "joke", it's a drat scary one. Especially since another goon already visualized it. The Bowel Stimulus Augmentation by Red Beaver and Einhorn's The Artisanal Curator both came close to beating this, but I think the "Bowel Disruptor" should stay in Transmet, the game is brown enough as it is, and the AC didn't have the YTF. :) Talk about an endgame corp.

• koreban's Energy Siphon (plus the takedown variant) - This one is also something that could have actually worked in the game, even if balancing it once you start hitting augmented folks over and over again would have been difficult. Both this and the Ethanol Reprocessing Upgrade would have given you more energy to play around with and not resort to regenerating all your pips, which could break the game hilariously thanks to the takedowns (seriously, try doing a gibbed's mod enabled run with infinite energy). I was also considering randombattle's (I still hate you btw :3: ) Remote Spider-Hand Drone simple because I loved Bot Domination in IW and Jensen's hand in crab-mode looks awesome. But then again, like I've already said, sometimes the best ideas are simple, and I get the feeling if they had implemented this, it would have been *snicker* buggy.

Gatac has Plat so I can PM him the code, Cleretic has an AIM profile so I'll try there, otherwise I'll need some sort of contact info, same with koreban. Let's get you guys hooked up! :3:

Seriously, I love you guys and a lot of these were a ton of fun to read, I just wish I had more DLC codes to give out. However, if you play Team Fortress 2 and submitted an entry, I've got 10 Genuine Purity Fists to give out as well - first come first serve!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tecman posted:

[*]Cleretic's YTF Social Media Enhancer - This was probably my favorite "joke" entry, just because it actually isn't and if you think outside of the game's context, not only do I see this happening but it would probably happen extremely quickly with how "social media" is expanding today. The drat thing would probably drown you in ads like some augmented reality video concepts have shown, and for a "joke", it's a drat scary one. Especially since another goon already visualized it. The Bowel Stimulus Augmentation by Red Beaver and Einhorn's The Artisanal Curator both came close to beating this, but I think the "Bowel Disruptor" should stay in Transmet, the game is brown enough as it is, and the AC didn't have the YTF. :) Talk about an endgame corp.

gently caress yeah! I didn't even expect to win, I just had fun writing that one. I just called on the shittiest things I knew about Facebook, Youtube and Twitter and turned them up to completely ridiculous levels.

I've got no problem with my Steam profile being up and around, it's Slendermann and I'm all over the TF2 threads anyway. I just didn't want to seem presumptuous by putting it out up front.

suburban wine mom
May 27, 2004

Tecman posted:

Seriously, I love you guys and a lot of these were a ton of fun to read, I just wish I had more DLC codes to give out. However, if you play Team Fortress 2 and submitted an entry, I've got 10 Genuine Purity Fists to give out as well - first come first serve!
Hey, I'd love some runner up Deus Ex swag for TF2. I'll be playing for the next little while and my steam thingy is http://steamcommunity.com/id/NumberOneSniper .

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Should I play the missing Link after I finish the main story of HR?

Tecman posted:

I didn't see the contest earlier, but if I try to submit something now can I get one? :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 25, 2011

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Tecman posted:

Okay, I've thought long and hard about this, and it wasn't easy since a lot of these owned for one reason or another, but...

:siren: The Winners for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" Contest!:siren:

• Gatac's Ethanol Reprocessing Upgrade - Some of the best ideas are simple. This one just felt like it could actually fit into the game so you'd have an additional source of energy restoration, plus it has the added bonus of making me think of some hilarious scenarios where Social Bossfights could turn into Out-drink-the-boss "fights" in order to get information and Adam walking around punching people in the face, then downing an entire bottle of Whiskey right after each takedown and getting drunk as hell for a moment, bitching how he never... well, you know by now. The first CGI trailer even foreshadowed this with that glass of liquor! I had difficulty choosing between this and Vanderdeath's VESPER, especially its alarm trap capabilities, and it was a really hard choice. :(

• Cleretic's YTF Social Media Enhancer - This was probably my favorite "joke" entry, just because it actually isn't and if you think outside of the game's context, not only do I see this happening but it would probably happen extremely quickly with how "social media" is expanding today. The drat thing would probably drown you in ads like some augmented reality video concepts have shown, and for a "joke", it's a drat scary one. Especially since another goon already visualized it. The Bowel Stimulus Augmentation by Red Beaver and Einhorn's The Artisanal Curator both came close to beating this, but I think the "Bowel Disruptor" should stay in Transmet, the game is brown enough as it is, and the AC didn't have the YTF. :) Talk about an endgame corp.

• koreban's Energy Siphon (plus the takedown variant) - This one is also something that could have actually worked in the game, even if balancing it once you start hitting augmented folks over and over again would have been difficult. Both this and the Ethanol Reprocessing Upgrade would have given you more energy to play around with and not resort to regenerating all your pips, which could break the game hilariously thanks to the takedowns (seriously, try doing a gibbed's mod enabled run with infinite energy). I was also considering randombattle's (I still hate you btw :3: ) Remote Spider-Hand Drone simple because I loved Bot Domination in IW and Jensen's hand in crab-mode looks awesome. But then again, like I've already said, sometimes the best ideas are simple, and I get the feeling if they had implemented this, it would have been *snicker* buggy.

Gatac has Plat so I can PM him the code, Cleretic has an AIM profile so I'll try there, otherwise I'll need some sort of contact info, same with koreban. Let's get you guys hooked up! :3:

I submitted some, can I claim one?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I would like to accept your fist, Tecman, I am delmesa on Steam. I am unsure how to contact you directly other than the thread :ohdear:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Darn I was hoping I could score me a copy of the DLC. Sadly I was outmatched but never the less I salute you winners. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Congratulations everybody. There were some seriously cool ideas thrown out there.

• Locked thread