Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

Temascos posted:

I would go if I had money to spare for train travel, but sadly that is not the case :(

Speaking of Journey has there been any news of a release date yet? I played the beta and absolutely loved it. Best desert I have ever seen in a game!

I'm fortunate enough to be a waste of space masters student in Nottingham, so I'm going to pretend I don't have infinity deadlines looming and take a peak in at both.

I think the last that was said about Journey was that it had been delayed until 'Spring' 2012 and nothing beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I really hate qtes and I just saw something during a cutscene in Uncharted 1, can I ignore them?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I really hate qtes and I just saw something during a cutscene in Uncharted 1, can I ignore them?

There are like three of them, so it's not so bad.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The QTEs in Uncharted 1 were so useless and out of nowhere that they got completely rid of them in 2.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

the truth posted:

GTA V trailer is coming next Wednesday.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

I still haven't even played GTA IV.

I bought it the day it came out. :(

I also have Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories to play. Rockstar, can you wait another year or two please?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
With the money reference, it looks like GTA V might be set in Vegas?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

jerkstore77 posted:

Well they did do a fictionalized version in San Andreas already. I hope not, having lived here my whole life I can tell you Vegas really isn't that interesting. Outside of the strip all we have are shopping malls and track homes for days :unsmith: Also there's not even any real gangs, just lots of illegals in the northeast.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Jjaarreett posted:

Well they did do a fictionalized version in San Andreas already. I hope not, having lived here my whole life I can tell you Vegas really isn't that interesting. Outside of the strip all we have are shopping malls and track homes for days :unsmith:

Shopping malls aren't exciting?

Someone hasn't played Dead Rising 2 :cross:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

jerkstore77 posted:

The rumors out there are already circulating that it is Los Angeles (again). So maybe it might include some Vegas. Hope that it's wrong though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Man, I'm getting sick of the shooting in this game already. I'm trying to save some chick but they just keep throwing wave after wave. Bah.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Man, I'm getting sick of the shooting in this game already. I'm trying to save some chick but they just keep throwing wave after wave. Bah.
Yeah, wave after wave of enemies is definitely what Uncharted is all about, to the point that you start wondering what on earth they are paying all these mercenaries to march to their deaths at such an amazing rate.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just FYI, Homefront went up on the PSN Store for $39.99 today... but under the Special Deals section they have a bundle that says it's the full Homefront game + all DLC for $34.99. I think my brain just exploded. Anyway, just a heads-up for anyone who was looking to purchase the game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Did Amazon stop selling PSN cards? I see third party vendors charging like several dollars OVER value with a 4-5 day ship time, but none ACTUALLY from Amazon.

[edit]
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210333p1.html

Wow. gently caress that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Man, can't I just get a platformer with great graphics and no combat crap :( I don't mind combat but I just entered the fortress and the combat is not all that great.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Man, can't I just get a platformer with great graphics and no combat crap :( I don't mind combat but I just entered the fortress and the combat is not all that great.
Are you punching people?

Learning to abuse the shoot-shoot-shoot-punch combo makes the combat a lot more fun.

EDIT: VV It was ok. The reviews were middling to halfway decent. It's just that "decent" doesn't interest folks when they're staring down a new Battlefield AND a new CoD.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 26, 2011

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

...! posted:

Just FYI, Homefront went up on the PSN Store for $39.99 today... but under the Special Deals section they have a bundle that says it's the full Homefront game + all DLC for $34.99. I think my brain just exploded. Anyway, just a heads-up for anyone who was looking to purchase the game.

Isn't that game kind of bad? That MP demo wasn't too hot from my experience.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Homefront is a budget version of Battlefield basically.

Get it only whenever it reaches u$20.

TheUkuleleFanboy
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks to the people who gave me Uncharted 1 tips. But I don't think I'm going to try Crushing anymore because I'm just not having fun with it.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Uncharted is much more a shooter than a platformer, so if you're looking for just a platformer it's not a very good choice.
If you want a straight up platformer you could try De Blob 2. I've only played the first one but that was pretty fun and the sequel is apparently more of the same.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

How's Daytona USA, if anyone's picked it up yet? Is it accurate to the arcade version?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shalinor posted:

Are you punching people?

Learning to abuse the shoot-shoot-shoot-punch combo makes the combat a lot more fun.

EDIT: VV It was ok. The reviews were middling to halfway decent. It's just that "decent" doesn't interest folks when they're staring down a new Battlefield AND a new CoD.

Yes, I find that once you get the increased speed unlock the combat becomes more fun, because you just zooooom around punching dudes out and popping back behind cover cause all these guns are lovely except a couple which you can never find enough ammo for.

Also camera angles make me want to choke something at times.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Harlock posted:

The rumors out there are already circulating that it is Los Angeles (again). So maybe it might include some Vegas. Hope that it's wrong though.

That'd be a bummer, I've always been hoping they'd do something in the Pacific Northwest. GTA4: Puget City would have been awesome, with hilly city streets, the viaduct on the waterfront, mountains, beautiful scenery... then again, with how laggy Liberty City could get, maybe we do need a desert locale.

And, of course, powerful gangs in Seattle would be a big stretch, plot-wise.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
An non-US location is completely off the table, I suppose. No GTA Bangkok or GTA London (again anyway) or GTA Tokyo or GTA Shanghai...

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

vote_no posted:

That'd be a bummer, I've always been hoping they'd do something in the Pacific Northwest. GTA4: Puget City would have been awesome, with hilly city streets, the viaduct on the waterfront, mountains, beautiful scenery... then again, with how laggy Liberty City could get, maybe we do need a desert locale.

And, of course, powerful gangs in Seattle would be a big stretch, plot-wise.
Screw that, I want GTA: The Great North. Tooling around Anchorage in a beat up pick-em-up truck, drinking, fishing, ... drinking... etc. Then halfway through the game you have to escape to Canada, and you start running drugs across the border or something.

Really, I'd settle for any area that wasn't a desert or city. I really enjoyed the middle bit of San Andreas. Though I'd make an exception for another Vice City-era game, if they could nail the soundtrack again.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
It would be incredibly disappointing if they picked a city they've already used yet again.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Shalinor posted:

Screw that, I want GTA: The Great North. Tooling around Anchorage in a beat up pick-em-up truck, drinking, fishing, ... drinking... etc. Then halfway through the game you have to escape to Canada, and you start running drugs across the border or something.

Really, I'd settle for any area that wasn't a desert or city. I really enjoyed the middle bit of San Andreas. Though I'd make an exception for another Vice City-era game, if they could nail the soundtrack again.

As you might have guessed by my avatar, that would definitely be my first choice. But I figure Seattle is at least plausible, it's close enough to a world city. Either way I think we keep getting New York and Los Angeles because gangster stories fit them, and Rockstar doesn't realize that we don't give a poo poo about the story in GTA.

I thought LA Noire was horrible and RDR was fantastic, so I'm cautiously optimistic about GTA5 even if it's set somewhere we've been before. And, actually, I'd take another shot at Miami.

edit: I was just looking at the GTA5 logo resembling money and realized that they are probably going to go with Washington, D.C. That has some serious potential for story, and they could pretend Appalachia and the ocean are a lot closer than they are!

vote_no fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 26, 2011

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
In other news, Festival of Blood continues with the movie theater in-jokes:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Behonkiss posted:

In other news, Festival of Blood continues with the movie theater in-jokes:

Ugh! Whys my PS3 download so slow? Im supposed to be geeting 35 mps here, and Im only at 8% in 1.5 hours of downloading it.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

If you have PSN+ you can get a free 60 minute trial, you can beat almost 50% of the single player campaign in that time.

I actually liked the Homefront single player campaign, it was kind of fun, but I beat it in just under 4 hours and sent it back to Gamefly. If you're not in it for the multiplayer, it's literally a one-sitting rental at best.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Megasabin posted:

It would be incredibly disappointing if they picked a city they've already used yet again.

Agreed. GTA4 looked pretty at the time and San Andreas in HD would be cool but it wouldn't have anywhere near the same jaw drop as something new, like a non-American city or Alaska as mentioned above or the dusty Texas badlands (with horses from RDR :)).

That said, it would be hilarious if it was Liberty City again.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Chard posted:

I'm talking about how the basic skeleton guys from 1-1 can launch their powerful attack, and then they get about five seconds in which they can instantly snap into hitting me. There is literally no animation in between "I just attacked" and "dealing damage to Chard". Maybe my game is borked or something; it's jerky as hell where every other action is smooth. Also, arrows absolutely track, you can see it quite plainly.

And I didn't walk in blind, I expected this game to be hard, brutally hard. Hard I can handle, but when things are designed to gently caress you just because, that's bad design. Learning patterns is fine if those patterns actually loving hold each time, but they straight don't and I'm done. Enjoy it if you can, I guess.

e: First time I got all the way to Tower Knight with a Soldier, this weekend I tried Temple Knight and Hunter, both of which I liked more but still not enough to redeem this poo poo heap.

You're having problems with poo poo in 1-1 :stare:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Glumwheels posted:

Real Demon's Souls starts... later.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Glumwheels posted:

There were quite a few people who were having trouble with 1-1. Its not exactly rare or anything.

Urban Achiever
Mar 29, 2005

GUI posted:

The QTEs in Uncharted 1 were so useless and out of nowhere that they got completely rid of them in 2.

There's also like three logs you have to walk over while keeping your balance using your sixaxis. Thankfully this crap was also removed in U2.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

blackguy32 posted:

There were quite a few people who were having trouble with 1-1. Its not exactly rare or anything.

The first time I played Demons' Souls, there was an all white world event going on, and I spent about three hours dying to black phantom dreglings in 1-1 before I figured out where to go.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

I did too. That loving demon thing with the blue eyes and a spear killed me like three times, and each time the enemies respawn, awwwfuck that poo poo.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

iastudent posted:

How's Daytona USA, if anyone's picked it up yet? Is it accurate to the arcade version?

It is basically what the arcade version would have wanted to be. Solid 1080p/60, they got rid of the pop-in on the first two courses (but there is still some on the third for some reason.) They even kept the same crappy texture filtering as the arcade version.

The analog controls seem fiddly at first but are fantastic once you adjust to them. It controls just like the arcade version, not the CCE or Dreamcast versions. My steering wheel cords got cut (sigh) so I sadly am not able to test that feature out.

Karaoke mode is hilarious, and I haven't dug into the challenges or online yet. Not many people on the leaderboards so far. You can switch between the arcade and arranged (Saturn version, I think) music. The pit crew is way more quiet than the arcade version. Maybe I accidentally adjusted them in the menu.

Overall, highly recommended if you are a fan of the arcade game. It is still a very fun game to play, and still looks pretty drat good considering they didn't upgrade the graphics beyond making them 1080p and widescreen.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Has anyone checked out Pixeljunk Sidescroller yet? There's so many games I want to buy this next month but I could proooobably spare an extra :10bux: if Sidescroller as good as the other Pixeljunk games...

Millions fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 26, 2011

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Urban Achiever posted:

There's also like three logs you have to walk over while keeping your balance using your sixaxis. Thankfully this crap was also removed in U2.

And it's coming back in the Vita game, presumably just to show off the fact that the Vita has motion controls.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Millions posted:

Has anyone checked out Pixeljunk Sidescroller yet? There's so many games I want to buy this next month but I could proooobably spare an extra :10bux: if Sidescroller as good as the other Pixeljunk games...

I picked up that and the Infamous Blood Fest thing. They both seem pretty short but quite fun. Sidescroller isn't as good as Shooter, but shooter was just a fantastic toy with a lot of fun levels (that didn't feel like a lot because they were so fun you wanted more).

Its structured like an arcade game, it looks to have maybe 15 levels that are about 10 minutes each maybe. More could unlock, and higher difficulties will definitely unlock. I mainly look forward to getting someone else to play with, local only, and dodging some bullets. Hopefully the higher difficulties make things appropriately more crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In case anyone is wondering how exactly the Infamous DLC works with the story its kind of implied (not really a spoiler because its the very first thing you see when you start it up) that none of this actually happened as the whole thing is framed with Zeke telling the story to try to pick up a girl at a bar. Played a little bit and its pretty cool although they do kind of strip down the gameplay by removing the power management and just giving it to you as straight upgrades by doing stuff.

• Locked thread