Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Idiot race posted:

you cant just post this and not say how damnit, unless its a photoshop :argh:

Try taking photos in a tunnel :ssh:
This is what it normally looks like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
You are submitting photos for their photo contests, right? Right?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Saw new car list, got mildly stoked. Gonna buy dat Typhoon and 2012 Charger SRT8 for sure, probably not gonna bother with anything else except maybe the Bel-Air and Aventador.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

einTier posted:

You are submitting photos for their photo contests, right? Right?

I probably should have entered something for the alps contest, it's the prettiest track for photomode (Camino Viejo is also nice). Indy is pretty boring by comparison :(.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

You do make some drat nice liveries, sir.

That DLC pack is tempting me much more than I thought it would. I wonder what the cost breakdown for buying individual cars is going to look like - because if it's like 2 bucks a car then I may as well bundle. If I'm gonna bundle up I may as well get the season pass, right?

Oh no - I've fallen into their perfectly laid out trap. :master:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ak Gara posted:

I wish boardering for letters was easier, but this is as close as I can do for now. Things missing: hood pins, exhaust holes in the rear of the car, and that stupid bird decal on the rear quaters that I aint even gonna try.

To do borders on lettering relatively easily, group all of the text you want to border, stamp and bump it up and to the left a couple notches, stamp it and bump it down and to the right the same amount, and then if you need to, stamp it one more time and sizing expand it a couple digits vertically. Works easiest if you change the hue of the new layers and the transparency on the to-be-bordered text so you can see where the new layers sit exactly.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Anyone else have a love of making horrendously ugly tuners?

:allears:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out how to make the kangaroo's from the following crest:
http://www.sigaustralia.com/images/userfiles/Australia-police.jpg

Any suggestions? Each attempt I've done turns out like long cat with huge floppy feet. :(

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Bentai posted:

I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out how to make the kangaroo's from the following crest:
http://www.sigaustralia.com/images/userfiles/Australia-police.jpg

Any suggestions? Each attempt I've done turns out like long cat with huge floppy feet. :(

Well to be perfectly honest the kangaroo in the crest looks like a long cat with huge floppy feet as well so you can't be too far off.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Sunday Punch - is that livery available?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Can anybody scan the QR code in the DLC trailer at about 00:20 seconds in? My phone seems to be having trouble with it.

Edit:
I decided to bite the bullet on the wireless speed wheel. Amazon was $10 off and BF3 gave me a $20 credit with them, so getting it half off wasn't too bad. I'll be sure to post my take on it.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 28, 2011

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

This is in the storefront right? Whats the keyword, or whats your GT?

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

BrokenKnees posted:

Can anybody scan the QR code in the DLC trailer at about 00:20 seconds in? My phone seems to be having trouble with it.

my phone can't pick it up either

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Shogunner posted:

Anyone else have a love of making horrendously ugly tuners?

:allears:
Is this based on a real car? Because I could be wrong but I don't think Nissan would ever be spelled out like that. It would be in English letters or it would be 日産. :spergin:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

The QR code is http://r.beetagg.com/?4854M1 which takes you to http://www.risicompetizione.net/

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I couldn't quite place my finger on why I like the traffic modes so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHT6pN3dv3E

Ah, that's it - you can drive like a psychopath on purpose!

Also with the help of Sunday Punch I hammered out this livery for the Aston V12 Vantage;

The Alps is such a pretty track :allears:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Anyone else having issues with the Forza servers being down? or is it just on my end :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Anyone else having issues with the Forza servers being down? or is it just on my end :(

Yep, maintenance right now.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Hey, can somebody whip me up the Kanjo for "I pooped my pants" Thanks.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Watching this video of Le Mans 1955 makes me wish there were more 50's race cars than the Aston and the Jag. Hopefully the Porsche 550 will show up again via DLC if they manage to sort out the rights. There was a Merc in that video too that had an airbrake, the idea of a car in the 50s having an airbrake is blowing my mind and would look awesome in Forza 4.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I want DLC that has more everyday cars. I want to have races on Fujimi Kadio with stock Ford Windstars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jarf posted:

Watching this video of Le Mans 1955 makes me wish there were more 50's race cars than the Aston and the Jag. Hopefully the Porsche 550 will show up again via DLC if they manage to sort out the rights. There was a Merc in that video too that had an airbrake, the idea of a car in the 50s having an airbrake is blowing my mind and would look awesome in Forza 4.

I want more 70s Le Mans race cars. But the 50s work too.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Jarf posted:

Let me say that watching the aero work on the Bugatti Veyron SS tonight blew my freakin' mind. I knew they were implementing it this time, but since I usually race in-cockpit and haven't been racing against Veyrons, I had totally forgotten it. I decided to watch from the rear as I got the 241 mph achievement, and watching all the things that wing did was just awesome.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
They have DTM, I'd love to see some BTCC cars make the cut too. Would.make for some awesome full field races.

We could have BTCC rules too, ie smash the poo poo out of anyone and be a dick in general on the race course.

Wait, that's just pubbie races.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Got another Unicorn today. The Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

It's got those fancy vents that open at a certain speed. :smug:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Getting annoyed at the servers. Several times now--tonight included--I can join an invite, get the "connecting the lobby screen", hear other club members chatting, and then get booted out.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
So are both car clubs full? Tried to join both and they both indicated they had reached maximum capacity. Any alternate clubs to join or should I just try again later?

Gamer tag SixthGeared

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Tonight's Forza 4 multiplayer:

Came for the racing, stayed for Perfect Grade's horrible jokes. :D

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Appriciate the invites, but I could hardly even stay connected to live nevermind the forza servers, connection was terrible most of the day :(

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

How many affinity levels are there per manufacturer? I thought there was only 10 per?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I think 50. You get a badge thing for 25, so it goes at least that high.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Lyer posted:

How many affinity levels are there per manufacturer? I thought there was only 10 per?

Try 50. Badge only goes up to 20 though.

Edit: gently caress, beaten.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You start getting a crap load of money at level 10+ on those manufacturer affinities. So it pays to grind them out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah, between manufacturer affinity and driver level after 50, the game just seriously piles on the cash like it's raining money. It owns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm glad it does, because there are some very expensive cars in this game, and i'm a big enough of a sperg that I want to collect all of them. Console racing sims are like Pokemon to me.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

ChocNitty posted:

This is in the storefront right? Whats the keyword, or whats your GT?

GT is AkGara, tagged with something like 1995 Skyline GT-R R33 LM LeMans, but as most goons, we also tag everything with LLJK

That reminds me, what's up with the storefront saying I got money but when I go to collect, it never gives it to me?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

The End posted:

Sunday Punch - is that livery available?

It's not at the moment but I can upload it to the store if you like!

Ak Gara, you need to hammer on the 'receive credits' button 5 or 6 times before it will give you your credits in the storefront. It did the in Forza 3 too and I'm baffled as to why they didn't fix it. Your GT-R LM is really nice by the way :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

gently caress, why can I never find devs to win unicorns :(

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
drat. I saw an RUF Rt 12 R in the auction house with a pretty low buy out price but couldn't buy it because it's 'exclusive content'. Why even allow them to be put up if no one but an LE owner that already has it can bid on it? Or maybe no one can?

Do they ever drop the restrictions on LE cars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

A5H posted:

gently caress, why can I never find devs to win unicorns :(

Why are the Game With Devs events always at 3:00 AM, I'll never get a Camaro SS at this rate :negative:

• Locked thread