Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice

Ozmodiar posted:

Sprint to Launch LTE Advanced Network in 2013

14 months away...:negative:

\/\/\/\/ Yep. I can't type worth a poo poo today. Edited to correct it.

I thought I covered this a page or two back; this aggressive rollout plan assumes they can find financing because they don't have the capital to finish the Network Vision rollout. If their next few quarters show good subscriber post-paid adds due to the iPhone then this will probably be easy. If not then they'll have to beg for cash.

If (big if) they can roll things out on schedule like they plan then this whole Network Vision and Backhaul upgrade will kick rear end... it should bring max (or near max) 3G CDMA speeds to the vast majority of their coverage areas and their LTE coverage will match their 3G coverage (unlike WiMax).

Their new multimode cabinets also support EVDO Rev B which has a theoretical 14.7M/sec download speed (using multiple channels) or 4.9M/sec with a single carrier. The iPhone 4S CDMA chip supports Rev B but no word yet if Sprint plans to enable it, if Apple turned support on, whether Sprint has the available channels in most markets to support the 14.7 speed, etc so YMMV.

Once iDEN is dead it will also mean much better 3G coverage indoors (3G moves from 1900 to 800Mhz).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Can you summarize the current and future frequencies for each service on Sprint?
(And other carriers too, if you know them or have a good source to point us/me to.)

Ralphus
Dec 15, 2003

bobula posted:

So has anyone tried the new EVO that came out a few days ago? I'm thinking about replacing my original EVO with it. How does it measure up?

The Evo Design? I'm on US Cellular now since Sprint's service in my area is pretty bad now, but i got the HTC Hero-S on USCC. It's basically the same as the Design. I had a Moment, an Evo 4g, Evo Shift, Motorola Electrify (Photon), and now this. I think I like it the most out of all of the phones. It's a bit smaller than my old Evo, 4" vs. the 4.3", but I love having a smaller phone. It has a higher resolution screen (QHD) and even though it's only a single core it's pretty damned fast. It's got the 2nd gen snapdragon with the Adreno 205, so it's a decent step up from the original Evo's Adreno 200.

It's by no means the fastest, top-of-the-line phone out, but for me it doesn't really matter. I use my phone for txting, navigation, facebook, and basic games like peggle so I don't *need* multiple cores and a super fast gpu. It does run any game I've thrown at it though, and nothing has seemed choppy or anything like that. This will easily hold me over for at least a year I think, then I'll get another multi-core phone. I love my Electrify but the screen bothered me and the camera wasn't as good as the one in my Evo Shift (in my non-professional opinion anyway- it sucked in low light and was just overall rather cumbersome). The Hero-S has a f2.2 camera so it takes great pictures in low light and it's not a pentile screen like the Electrify so it takes care of my 2 main issues. Battery life is miles better than my original Evo too, I usually charge overnight and then I'm good the entire day with moderate to somewhat heavy usage.

Overall I really like this phone a lot. It's not the latest and greatest thing out, but if you're happy with your Evo 4g and just want a mild speed bump and a great camera and QHD resolution I'd say go for it. It's a great little phone and I have zero regrets about buying it (my old Moment, on the other hand... ugh).

So far there's little to no development going on with it, that's the only possible negative that I can see. I was told by a tech at USCC that it will eventually get ICS, but I'd really like to see at least a root exploit for it and CM7/9 would be fantastic. Hopefully some others will chime in if they've bought one too, I'm curious what other people think of it.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

td4guy posted:

Update on that hacked-subsidized iPhone from apple.com. I received it, but it didn't say Sprint anywhere on the packing list or the box. I took it to the Apple Store and they scanned the barcode and told me it was Sprint. Hooray! So no worries there. Good luck on your orders, everyone.

Each version of the iPhone 4S has its own model number for carrier and size. I knew for sure it was a Sprint version because of the model number. I also tried to insert different model numbers into the malformed url to see if it would display another version with the subsidized price to no avail.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ralphus posted:

but I'd really like to see at least a root exploit for it and CM7/9 would be fantastic.
Hopefully there'll be an official unlocker for it on htcdev.com in short order. If not, never buy HTC phones again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ender.uNF posted:

I thought I covered this a page or two back; this aggressive rollout plan assumes they can find financing because they don't have the capital to finish the Network Vision rollout. If their next few quarters show good subscriber post-paid adds due to the iPhone then this will probably be easy. If not then they'll have to beg for cash.

If (big if) they can roll things out on schedule like they plan then this whole Network Vision and Backhaul upgrade will kick rear end... it should bring max (or near max) 3G CDMA speeds to the vast majority of their coverage areas and their LTE coverage will match their 3G coverage (unlike WiMax).

Their new multimode cabinets also support EVDO Rev B which has a theoretical 14.7M/sec download speed (using multiple channels) or 4.9M/sec with a single carrier. The iPhone 4S CDMA chip supports Rev B but no word yet if Sprint plans to enable it, if Apple turned support on, whether Sprint has the available channels in most markets to support the 14.7 speed, etc so YMMV.

Once iDEN is dead it will also mean much better 3G coverage indoors (3G moves from 1900 to 800Mhz).

I don't hold my breath for either the Rev B upgrade or LTE in my area. I know the wimax rollout has been incredibly limited but to not put up more than a token site (literally a mall parking lot in the suburbs) in the closest metro to KC (Omaha) belies a lack of prioritizarion for my little city.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

The Entire Universe posted:

I don't hold my breath for either the Rev B upgrade or LTE in my area. I know the wimax rollout has been incredibly limited but to not put up more than a token site (literally a mall parking lot in the suburbs) in the closest metro to KC (Omaha) belies a lack of prioritizarion for my little city.

If you have 3G coverage now you will have LTE coverage no later than by sometime in 2013 (assuming happy path schedule)

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Ozmodiar posted:

Sprint to Launch LTE Advanced Network in 2013

14 months away...:negative:

\/\/\/\/ Yep. I can't type worth a poo poo today. Edited to correct it.

14 months until LTE Advanced, regular old LTE in early 2012. So they'll have LTE soon, and real 4G LTE in 2013.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice

ilkhan posted:

Can you summarize the current and future frequencies for each service on Sprint?
(And other carriers too, if you know them or have a good source to point us/me to.)

The final talley:

850mhz - 1X Advanced voice + 3G EVDO rev B
1900mhz - LTE/LTE Advanced
1600mhz - Lightsquared LTE. (pending FCC approval)
2500mhz - when Clearwire goes bankrupt, WiMax shutdown and used for LTE

Verizon and ATT got spectrum in the recent 700mhz auctions but I don't know off hand what their other frequency assignments are. The thing about these blocks is they are nationwide bands so it makes things 10x easier than regional bands like the 2500mhz stuff.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is 1900mhz low enough for decent building penetration, or are we still going to have to be mostly outside to take advantage?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Thanks Ender.uNF.
So going forward Sprint and VZW are both going to be CDMA/LTE. How hard will it be for the manufacturers to physically build one phone and select carriers based on software? AKA are the frequency differences enough to require a different hardware version?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ender.uNF posted:

Verizon and ATT got spectrum in the recent 700mhz auctions but I don't know off hand what their other frequency assignments are.
Verizon and AT&T both have 850 and 1900 band allocations that they're currently using to provide CDMA and GSM/UMTS service respectively. Verizon also have a significant chunk of 1700 (AWS) band that they've never lit up.

Ender.uNF posted:

How hard will it be for the manufacturers to physically build one phone and select carriers based on software?
The number of bands you try to support with a radio and the harder/costlier it is to engineer. We see this now in UMTS devices which typically support only two or three UMTS bands. Hence why nearly every device on the market is either AT&T 3G (850/1900) or T-Mobile 3G compatible (1700), but not both.

That said, Verizon and Sprint both have allocations in the 1900 band. Although their "800" bands ("Cellular" and ESMR) are technically separate, they're adjacent to each other and future devices will likely support both. This makes 700 band support a Verizon exclusive, and 1600 support a Sprint/Lightsquared exclusive. We might see Sprint devices supporting 700 LTE and Verizon supporting 1600 LTE, but who knows.

The upshot is that a device doesn't have to support all the bands a provider uses, just enough of them to be useful. Even if the only LTE band in common between Verizon and Sprint was 1900, a device that supports 1900 LTE should work on both. In contrast, the T-Mo problem is that their 3G service is only on 1700, so phones must support that unique band in order to use T-Mo 3G.

The other thing is that providers generally want devices capable of supporting at least some of their competitors bands for roaming purposes. UMTS roaming compatibility isn't a big deal in the US since AT&T and T-Mo devices can fall back to GSM (and slow data) when roaming on each others' networks. But since the eventual goal is to move all services to LTE, Verizon and Sprint definitely will want eventual roaming compatibility with each others' LTE networks.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Update: I just got done with the Sprint Q3 results call and it turns out that they are working on a Clear deal for LTE but Sprint won't be able to inject any cash so *if* Clear gets additional funding to roll out LTE then Sprint will be able to use their network in areas where Sprint's network doesn't have 4G or when Sprint's network is overloaded. They talked a bit about having this dynamic handoff capability that would automatically adjust for load, etc so we'll see.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is 1900mhz low enough for decent building penetration, or are we still going to have to be mostly outside to take advantage?

The typical description is that 2.5Ghz is very poor (only near exterior walls if at all).
1900Mhz is behind 1-2 walls for good reception
850Mhz gets you interior (3-4 walls) and even elevators (to some degree)

ilkhan posted:

Thanks Ender.uNF.
So going forward Sprint and VZW are both going to be CDMA/LTE. How hard will it be for the manufacturers to physically build one phone and select carriers based on software? AKA are the frequency differences enough to require a different hardware version?

The existing iPhone 4S does this right now - it supports a CDMA 1x voice, EVDO data, GSM voice, EDGE 2G data, and HPDSA 3G data. Qualcomm makes a single chip that supports all of it.

In fact LTE itself has two completely different radio interfaces - TDD (time-division, or CDMA-esque) vs FDD (frequency-division, or GSM-esque). But I believe every handset is required to support both.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

stuff

This is still true to a degree but is becoming less and less so. Software radios and/or pentaband chips are cheaper and cheaper, the main problem comes with antenna design since the length and shape affect the performance in specific frequency ranges.

I think you are correct though - we will see more and more phones with a chip that supports CDMA, GSM, and LTE across a wide variety of frequencies. Whether the handset makers will bother implementing all of those is another matter entirely.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Anyone having problems updating to the newest HTC software patch on the evo 3d? I'm rooted, and I just get the android guy and a triangle exclamation point.

tomguycot
Jan 11, 2001
Forum Veteran

TLG James posted:

Anyone having problems updating to the newest HTC software patch on the evo 3d? I'm rooted, and I just get the android guy and a triangle exclamation point.

It worked on mine, but I'm not rooted.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

TLG James posted:

Did you use the official unlock method?

If not, it's probably a GOOD thing the update is failing. You'll likely lose root if you accept this update. Wait for a rooted stock ROM to show up on XDA and flash that instead.

If you did use the official unlock method, then I have no idea.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
LTE-Advanced will be going in the 800 mhz band eventually (but only CDMA first), also no official word on EVDO Rev B

BTW and this might have been mentioned, but 2500 mhz isn't total crap. In fact it's a valuable asset if you also have holdings in lower bands such as 800 mhz. Since the frequency is so much higher, it can support a higher throughput and therefore a greater amount of users and data. That's why the handoff stuff is so important, if you can create a stable handoff protocol then you can blanket city outdoors with LTE/WiMax on 2500, and then let your users who are in less signal-friendly places take up your 800 mhz bandwidth.

vvvv Most of the newer phones released (I think, like, the EVO 3D, Photon, and SGS2E4GT - that tally isn't gospel, though) have the 800 mhz CDMA chip built in, IIRC

torb main fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 27, 2011

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Ender.uNF posted:

The final talley:

850mhz - 1X Advanced voice + 3G EVDO rev B
1900mhz - LTE/LTE Advanced
1600mhz - Lightsquared LTE. (pending FCC approval)
2500mhz - when Clearwire goes bankrupt, WiMax shutdown and used for LTE

Verizon and ATT got spectrum in the recent 700mhz auctions but I don't know off hand what their other frequency assignments are. The thing about these blocks is they are nationwide bands so it makes things 10x easier than regional bands like the 2500mhz stuff.

3G is currently on 1900mhz right? So when they eventually add 3G to 800mhz will it work on current phones or only new phones that support EVDO rev B?

What are the chances the first LTE phones will be LTE advanced compatible? If LTE advanced does come out a year after LTE it might be worth passing on the first LTE phone if it doesn't support it.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Ralphus posted:

The Evo Design? I'm on US Cellular now since Sprint's service in my area is pretty bad now, but i got the HTC Hero-S on USCC. It's basically the same as the Design. I had a Moment, an Evo 4g, Evo Shift, Motorola Electrify (Photon), and now this. I think I like it the most out of all of the phones. It's a bit smaller than my old Evo, 4" vs. the 4.3", but I love having a smaller phone. It has a higher resolution screen (QHD) and even though it's only a single core it's pretty damned fast. It's got the 2nd gen snapdragon with the Adreno 205, so it's a decent step up from the original Evo's Adreno 200.

It's by no means the fastest, top-of-the-line phone out, but for me it doesn't really matter. I use my phone for txting, navigation, facebook, and basic games like peggle so I don't *need* multiple cores and a super fast gpu. It does run any game I've thrown at it though, and nothing has seemed choppy or anything like that. This will easily hold me over for at least a year I think, then I'll get another multi-core phone. I love my Electrify but the screen bothered me and the camera wasn't as good as the one in my Evo Shift (in my non-professional opinion anyway- it sucked in low light and was just overall rather cumbersome). The Hero-S has a f2.2 camera so it takes great pictures in low light and it's not a pentile screen like the Electrify so it takes care of my 2 main issues. Battery life is miles better than my original Evo too, I usually charge overnight and then I'm good the entire day with moderate to somewhat heavy usage.

Overall I really like this phone a lot. It's not the latest and greatest thing out, but if you're happy with your Evo 4g and just want a mild speed bump and a great camera and QHD resolution I'd say go for it. It's a great little phone and I have zero regrets about buying it (my old Moment, on the other hand... ugh).

So far there's little to no development going on with it, that's the only possible negative that I can see. I was told by a tech at USCC that it will eventually get ICS, but I'd really like to see at least a root exploit for it and CM7/9 would be fantastic. Hopefully some others will chime in if they've bought one too, I'm curious what other people think of it.

I love CM7 and despise Sense, so I'll probably hold off on any decision for this phone until I see where development is headed. Thanks for the info, though. I just want something a little better, and honestly, a smaller screen would be nice. The EVO is kind of ginormous, but it's been good to me the past year and change.

Ralphus
Dec 15, 2003
I really would like to see CM too, I miss it. Sense 3.0 isn't all that bad though, I started using all the stock stuff instead of launcher pro and fancy widgets etc. and it's been pretty nice. The screen size is what sold me on it and the CPU/ GPU was enough of an upgrade from my Shift. I wish I knew how to help find a root exploit but I don't think there's anyone working on it really and I don't know where to start :(

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice

ZeroAX posted:

3G is currently on 1900mhz right? So when they eventually add 3G to 800mhz will it work on current phones or only new phones that support EVDO rev B?

What are the chances the first LTE phones will be LTE advanced compatible? If LTE advanced does come out a year after LTE it might be worth passing on the first LTE phone if it doesn't support it.

Alman hit this but Sprint has been quietly shipping phones with support in mind for what they are doing. This has me hopeful that includes Rev B w/multiple channels because that means my iPhone 4S will be able to start doing those 14Mbit download speeds.

I got the impression from the Sprint presentation that they are going directly to LTE Advanced and in fact have already started rolling it out in anticipation of turning it on mid next year. They divided the country into three blocks and have three separate vendors working on each block. However they need 7 billion in financing over the next two years to finish the roll-out so that schedule depends on how much financing they can get (some of which will be vendor financing which is more of a given... If they can put most of Network Vision on vendor financing then it will make things much easier).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Sprint's been on 1900 for years, so if you have been getting voice/3G inside, then it'll be fine.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

TLG James posted:

If you aren't running completely stock software on your phone DO NOT TAKE OTA UPDATES EVER.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong
Sprint employees in this thread, looking for a little guidance.

Me = Sero Premium, upgrade eligible.
Wife = $30 Sero, upgrade eligible in June.

I ordered the 16gb iPhone today online using the upgrade pricing on my line, with the intent of putting it on my wife's line. What's the best way to accomplish this? Do I have to activate the iPhone on my line first and then move it to hers? Obviously her plan has to be upgraded to Sero Premium plus Premium Data, but I won't call in for that until I get a shipping notice from Sprint.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

vwman18 posted:

Sprint employees in this thread, looking for a little guidance.

Me = Sero Premium, upgrade eligible.
Wife = $30 Sero, upgrade eligible in June.

I ordered the 16gb iPhone today online using the upgrade pricing on my line, with the intent of putting it on my wife's line. What's the best way to accomplish this? Do I have to activate the iPhone on my line first and then move it to hers? Obviously her plan has to be upgraded to Sero Premium plus Premium Data, but I won't call in for that until I get a shipping notice from Sprint.

There isn't a rebate on it or anything, you can just call in and get it activated for her line when you get it. No problem whatsoever.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Duckman2008 posted:

PM me your last name and cell number, I can check it out Wednesday.

Any luck checking this out?

Battle Cattle
Aug 13, 2003

MOO.
drat. I ordered the subsidized iPhone Sunday, was hoping it would come - no dice, just got cancelled.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dan Hesse says that Sprint's unlimited phone data is being kept around longer due to the iPhone 4S.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/27/dan-hesse-the-sprint-iphone-is-actually-helping-keep-unlimited-data-around-longer-for-smartphones/

He says that the iPhone uses Sprint's network more efficiently than Android devices and helps reduce the rate of smartphone consumption.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

The guy that wrote that article is dumb, he thinks that adding subscribers that use less data is still a bad thing since he forgets that those subscribers are actually paying for their service without sucking up network resources. Also he uses too many commas.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Battle Cattle posted:

drat. I ordered the subsidized iPhone Sunday, was hoping it would come - no dice, just got cancelled.

Doh, mine just got cancelled too. I have to say Apple even writes Price Mistake emails more competently than other companies.

Still, drat you Slickdeals!! :argh:

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
I've got a family plan with 5 lines, and we're upgrade eligible. Four of us still have Samsung Moments, and one is on a Hero. Obviously the next best thing is always just around the corner, but right now we're kinda paralyzed by the arrival of ICS and the Galaxy Nexus.

We're not really thrilled with our current device selection on Sprint - We're pretty much locked between the Evo 3D or maybe the Nexus S (none of us like the Photon's screen, and the SGSII, well, 4 of us are using Moments, and I don't like what I read about the LOS issues...)

So, our current thinking is to sit tight for a bit, at least through the end of November, and see if there is any device news. We're more or less OK waiting for a bit and hoping to find a device launching with ICS. Are we being retarded? Is it going to be Feb - March time frame before anything would launch with ICS? Are we better off just taking an upgrade that will be a massive improvement over our current phones and doing it now?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Raised by Hamsters posted:

I've got a family plan with 5 lines, and we're upgrade eligible. Four of us still have Samsung Moments, and one is on a Hero. Obviously the next best thing is always just around the corner, but right now we're kinda paralyzed by the arrival of ICS and the Galaxy Nexus.

We're not really thrilled with our current device selection on Sprint - We're pretty much locked between the Evo 3D or maybe the Nexus S (none of us like the Photon's screen, and the SGSII, well, 4 of us are using Moments, and I don't like what I read about the LOS issues...)

So, our current thinking is to sit tight for a bit, at least through the end of November, and see if there is any device news. We're more or less OK waiting for a bit and hoping to find a device launching with ICS. Are we being retarded? Is it going to be Feb - March time frame before anything would launch with ICS? Are we better off just taking an upgrade that will be a massive improvement over our current phones and doing it now?

I would just wait - you have the NS and 3D about 4-5 months back with the NS only packing a single core processor and the 3d not a Tegra 2, and both are wimax, which is probably not going to be rolled out in too many more places given the LTE plans set forth by Network Vision. I would say wait until the LTE phones come out, should be some point next year, but you have 4 people using Moments :gonk:

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Have any show-stopping bugs cropped up on the Epic 4G Touch yet? I have a couple friends who are looking at it and they wanted my opinion.

As far as I know, it's one of the best phones out on Sprint right now, and I haven't seen anything to indicate it's as problematic as the Epic 4G was...

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
gently caress Apple cancelled my malformed url order. loving Slickdeal idiots

:negative:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Toebone posted:

Any luck checking this out?

Ugh, we got a big shipment of iPhone 4S's in and I have been absolutely swamped. My apologies dude, I will try and check this out tomorrow.

The Entire Universe posted:

I would just wait - you have the NS and 3D about 4-5 months back with the NS only packing a single core processor and the 3d not a Tegra 2, and both are wimax, which is probably not going to be rolled out in too many more places given the LTE plans set forth by Network Vision. I would say wait until the LTE phones come out, should be some point next year, but you have 4 people using Moments :gonk:

LTE phones are over 6 months away, I think waiting on old hardware is kind of silly. 2 options:
1. Upgrade to the Evo 3D (I like the Nexus, but the Evo is still probably a better buy) and be done with it. Its a good phone.

2. Buy Evos off craigslist, don't renew contract and upgrade in June.

Those are the 2 best ideas right now, either go for bank off whatever badass phone stands out to you, or hold out on used phones off craigslist. Hell, the Evo 3D may only go for $200-250 off craigslist now a days, the used phone market is starting to get flooded.

Ozmodiar posted:

Have any show-stopping bugs cropped up on the Epic 4G Touch yet? I have a couple friends who are looking at it and they wanted my opinion.

As far as I know, it's one of the best phones out on Sprint right now, and I haven't seen anything to indicate it's as problematic as the Epic 4G was...

Working in a local tech center i haven't seen any come back honestly, but that's just one store's experience. I would bet it isn't near as bad as the Epic or Transform were. I still say go for it at your own risk, and don't expect ICS anytime soon.

For iPhone lovers the 4S is starting to come in in larger shipments, albeit once a week so far, so keep checking around.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

averox posted:

gently caress Apple cancelled my malformed url order. loving Slickdeal idiots

:negative:

I had an arguement about tipping with them a few weeks ago. They claimed an 8-12% tip should be standard.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

TLG James posted:

I had an arguement about tipping with them a few weeks ago. They claimed an 8-12% tip should be standard.

That's great because I work in the service industry myself now. Tips are tips but sub-10% sucks loving balls. Worst offenders are rich people.

Best tippers are people from the service industry itself. 122% tip on $82 made my night one night.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
If I am going to buy a phone off of Craigslist, how do I confirm that the ESN is clean? Do I call Sprint with the phone info under the battery?

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

berzerkmonkey posted:

If I am going to buy a phone off of Craigslist, how do I confirm that the ESN is clean? Do I call Sprint with the phone info under the battery?

I'm wondering that myself. Also, am I understanding the popup blurb on Sprint's site correctly, that we could sign a new 2-year with only some lines selecting a new phone, and the remaining lines would retain their upgrade credit for later use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Raised by Hamsters posted:

I'm wondering that myself. Also, am I understanding the popup blurb on Sprint's site correctly, that we could sign a new 2-year with only some lines selecting a new phone, and the remaining lines would retain their upgrade credit for later use?
I do believe that is correct, but I think you will have to renew your contract for two years again when you decide to upgrade those phones. Duckman may need to verify that though.