Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Baby, how can loving you be so wrong...
When it feels so right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Made this really cool livery for the Chevy Team Earth R1 car, made it a true American (None of that green viny poo poo), and I wish I could sell the design, but I can't, because my godamn game cannot save designs or access any.

Seriously, how is this not happening to anybody else? There's really cool limited designs out there, and i can't download them.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Fargin Icehole posted:

Made this really cool livery for the Chevy Team Earth R1 car, made it a true American (None of that green viny poo poo), and I wish I could sell the design, but I can't, because my godamn game cannot save designs or access any.

Seriously, how is this not happening to anybody else? There's really cool limited designs out there, and i can't download them.

I had the same issue, here's what I did to fix it;

I went to my dashboard and then over to the system settings. System Settings > Memory > Forza Motorsport 4.

Inside the Forza Motorsport 4 memory folder you are going to see a bunch of files, one or a few might be corrupted and these will be easily distinguishable by a yellow caution exclamation mark or something like that. You need to delete these files and everything will be back to normal. For some odd reason FM4 doesn't have a clean install for some people and that is the only fix for it so far. Unfortunately that means if your main save file is corrupted then you're starting from scratch, however that has rarely been the case so far. In the end though that should fix your issues as FM4 will then populate those missing files with fresh and correct ones.

As bizarre as this sounds I'm seriously not trolling - http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/turn-10-offers-a-fix-for-forza-4-corrupted-save-bug/

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Since I love amateur racing, here's a livery I made based off a car in BMWRDC UK. :v:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I had the same issue, here's what I did to fix it;

[solution]

As bizarre as this sounds I'm seriously not trolling - http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/turn-10-offers-a-fix-for-forza-4-corrupted-save-bug/

I did follow the advice a few weeks ago when i got this problem and, unfortunately, there are still no files that are shown as corrupted. The other workaround was to turn off Multiscreen, except mine was off already.

Also, instead of getting a message that "My save is corrupted and that you should delete it" as shown in the link you provided, my poo poo just locks up instead, either during a save (which i guess is a good indicator, despite the assurances that folks that have this problem say the save isn't actually corrupted) or when you just access your tab.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 28, 2011

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
How exactly does one win a unicorn car? I thought they were all just auction house things?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Usually a game with devs type event where like the one we had today. You sit around an IRC lobby with the devs and a million retarded pubbies and wait for one of the devs to announce that they're starting a game. Then you have to find that game and join it, and depending on the dev they'll give anyone who is able to join a unicorn or set benchmarks such as "top 3 get one". I was lucky to get in a few soccer games with one of the devs who gave all joined a random one and said anyone who score a goal gets to pick their unicorn. The only game that was played to completion ended 2:0 and I scored both goals :smug:
Unfortunately I was only allowed 1 unicorn and picked the HKS Time Attack for which I was promptly reprimanded by Cubivore :(

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
The servers were down all evening but the good news is that it looks like the glitch with the club garage showing blank cars has been fixed!

I'm getting some serious feedback or something with my microphone so I haven't been talking in a lot of the games I've participated in.

Here's what I've been driving lately:

AwwJeah fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 28, 2011

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

A5H posted:

gently caress, why can I never find devs to win unicorns :(

Even finding them can be a double edged sword. During one of the Game with devs for FM3, I was put in the devs' lobby a few times equaling about 3/4 races during a 4hr period or so. I won two unicorns and a DLC code, so I went to post a generic tank you on the forums. There were literally people pissed that my small number of races over a FOUR hour period had kept them from winning DLC codes/Unicorns.

Puddin posted:

How exactly does one win a unicorn car? I thought they were all just auction house things?

Taking part in the FM community. From competing in photo competitions to time trials, racing during Game w/ Devs events, and Turn10 has even given some away as prizes for triva questions on twitter. They also gave them away for pre-ordering FM4 and when their twitter feed reached a high number of followers. You can also import and you had in FM3. The auction house has some but they're also sometimes put there to catch people who've hacked to get more credits.

There is no perfect way, watch the Forza forums and look for contests that you might to good in. I can't design liverys or do time trials worth poo poo, and it took a long time for me to win a unicorn off twitter, but only an afternoon to complete the rest of the unicorn set in FM3 thanks to a Game w/ devs.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Dear Falken,

Please stop beating my time on the Supercar Showdown as it is causing me to swear quite loudly at my TV.

P.S. I beat your time again :coal:

Sincerely,
Jarf

e: may as well use this post to show off our Datsun 510 spec antics

Jarf fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 28, 2011

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
Woke up this morning to a brave new world where you can actually see what cars are in the club garage now!

Also yeah, that Datsun spec was a stroke of genius. Mad fun.

edit: Nice, I made into a screenshot for once! The dust cloud means I'm going fast. That's all. :colbert:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

Dear Falken,

Please stop beating my time on the Supercar Showdown as it is causing me to swear quite loudly at my TV.

P.S. I beat your time again :coal:

Sincerely,
Jarf

e: may as well use this post to show off our Datsun 510 spec antics

did you get a pic of the sweet parking job we all did at fujimi :D, or did it not record on the replay

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Idiot race posted:

did you get a pic of the sweet parking job we all did at fujimi :D, or did it not record on the replay

I'm attempting to render it at this very moment in time oddly enough. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh wow, I actually had trouble choosing which level 48 reward car I wanted. They were all so good. :stare:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I am spamming the poo poo out of this thread but here take this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWKZQzhvOk
Yes it is the Datsun incident.

vv It cuts out just after that. He rolled over the line after the countdown timer ended.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 28, 2011

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Jarf posted:

Amazing, but it missed the yellow Datsun rolling over the line at a about 5mph, which for some reason was hilarious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jarf posted:

I want to see more stuff like this. :D

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sorry Caseface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inmx1574eLc

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

I said come in! posted:

Ooh wow, I actually had trouble choosing which level 48 reward car I wanted. They were all so good. :stare:

(Not all choices shown)
There are some really good rivalries

Level 30 - Legend of Le Mans
1966 Ford GT40 MkII
1967 Ferrari 330 P4

And then there are crises of conscience

Level 5 - Friday Night Cruiser
1960 Chevrolet Corvette
1957 Ford Thunderbird
:argh:

While other times the choices are not really choices

Level 17 - Featherweight
2004 Opel Speedster Turbo
2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo

Overall it's a very interesting system, and if they could just make up for the difference in car values there would be some really tough ones.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I said come in! posted:

I want to see more stuff like this. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWAbwE_eM0k
Here's one demonstrating the dangers of racing muscle cars on Maple Valley. Really wish I had a DVR or that they would allow you to transfer videos via a USB drive.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 28, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jarf posted:

Here's one demonstrating the dangers of racing muscle cars on Maple Valley. Really wish I had a DVR or that they would allow you to transfer videos via a USB drive.

Does Yuns play Forza? He has an amazing video capture card and recorded all of the goon GT5 races. You need to get him in on your races. He is the goon to goto for all of this stuff.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

TannhauserGate posted:

(Not all choices shown)
There are some really good rivalries

Level 30 - Legend of Le Mans
1966 Ford GT40 MkII
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
Aw man I'm sitting at 29 and now I've got to hit 30 as soon as possible.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
There's actually a third choice there too. Shelby Cobra Daytona coupe.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Pitch posted:

Aw man I'm sitting at 29 and now I've got to hit 30 as soon as possible.

Online racing is really the way to go for driver level. Go for a couple laps with a goon club and it's like an easy 16-24k experience

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Jarf posted:

"EuroGruppen - we can't drive muscle cars"

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Q_res posted:

I liked it better when it sounded like an easy choice. :(

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Oh god just looked at the car rewards online and I hit level 25 next.

Ferrari GTO vs Lamborghini Countach.

80's Pin-Up is too right, it's my bedroom poster all over again. Head says Ferrari, heart says Lambo...

It'll be the Lambo.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

I said come in! posted:

Whoa 48 already? Have you done the multiplayer side of the game yet?

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Oh god just looked at the car rewards online and I hit level 25 next.

Ferrari GTO vs Lamborghini Countach.

80's Pin-Up is too right, it's my bedroom poster all over again. Head says Ferrari, heart says Lambo...

It'll be the Lambo.

Some of the choices are just down right mean.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Ferrari GTO is never the wrong option.

Most gorgeous styling in the history of automobiles, and once you put some upgrades into it, the engine note rises to match the body.

Only downside to the car is it's fairly difficult to tune it to be competitive. I left mine in A class, and it drives okay and has good power.. but there are many cars that do both better.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I went for the GTO, but I'm pretty sure I don't like driving it. I also got the Bertone at level 35, because I wanted to unleash the man tide.

Q_res posted:

This is actually the correct choice.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Philip J Fry posted:

Do they ever drop the restrictions on LE cars?
They eventually did for Forza 3. The game was released in October of 2009 and in March of 2010 they allowed people to buy the VIP pack, which gave you all the exclusive content and VIP status. I'd suspect they'll do the same this time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

Whoa 48 already? Have you done the multiplayer side of the game yet?

I just hit 50 a few minutes ago. I've been trying to play with goons, but haven't been able to get into any races yet. I accept the invites, but when it goes to loading the lobby, I just get kicked back to the main menu.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

ANAmal.net posted:

This is actually the correct choice.
The GT40 is my first choice but buying it outright costs pocket change compared to the Daytona Coupe or the P4 so it feels like I shouldn't take it for free. :smithicide:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Hey GISH members, I'm going to start pruning. Anyone have any ideas as to a fair way to do it?

My thought was to cut anyone below level 20, and who either A) hasn't been on XBL in a week or B) doesn't have Forza as the last played game. Too much, too little?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ghetto Blaster posted:

"EuroGruppen - we can't drive muscle cars"

I was doing a bit of testing with my C3 Vette on the ring, spun at the karussell and got the car stuck :whoptc:

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

Hey GISH members, I'm going to start pruning. Anyone have any ideas as to a fair way to do it?

My thought was to cut anyone below level 20, and who either A) hasn't been on XBL in a week or B) doesn't have Forza as the last played game. Too much, too little?

I was thinking last night the main clubs could do a weekly elimination race where last place gets kicked out of the club

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

I said come in! posted:

I just hit 50 a few minutes ago. I've been trying to play with goons, but haven't been able to get into any races yet. I accept the invites, but when it goes to loading the lobby, I just get kicked back to the main menu.
Yesterday was apparently a clusterfuck for the servers.

I'm just stunned that you're at level 50 already. I figured it would be a couple weeks before you had the time to fully digest the game. What are your impressions so far? What does GT5 really do better?

On a side note about the servers, I spent about a hour between last night and this morning laying down a perfect lap with traffic on the Nurburgring in rivals mode. It takes real patience and the right about of balls to go for a pass nine minutes in that might result in the computer turning into you (apparently the BMW Z4s are incredibly aggressive and the Renault Meganes are incredibly timid, don't give you room, and don't see you). I managed to put down a ten minute lap. Slow, but good enough to get me high in the rankings and secure 150,000 credits.

And the server poo poo itself. I got my credits, but didn't get credit for the lap. On the upside, I can try again and get the huge bounty all over again. On the downside, I'm not sure I really want to subject myself to that torture again. So much is out of your hands and the lap is so long.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
It hurts to see the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and the Noble M600 in the auction house knowing I can't bid on them and that I would already own them if stupid best buy hadn't hosed up my LCE order...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

einTier posted:

I'm just stunned that you're at level 50 already. I figured it would be a couple weeks before you had the time to fully digest the game. What are your impressions so far? What does GT5 really do better?

The only thing I feel that GT5 does better is that Indy and Nurburgring are better in that game. GT5 has some really unique cars that i'll miss, but it's not like you could do anything with them anyways. The thing I love about Forza 4's career mode is that it covers everything and i'll never do the same race over and over again. So far i've yet to repeat a single race. In GT5 there were a couple races I did over 300+ times.

I should also add that I felt comfortable with Forza 4 the second I started it up. While it's significantly better than Gran Turismo, it still copies the formula that GT has been using since the first game. So I think anyone who has been playing these sort of console racing sims for a long time, will have no problem jumping into Forza.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

AFewBricksShy posted:

It depends on whether or not WP7 puts its games on that list. At least for me.

e: I haven't played FM4 in a couple days because I have had to go back in to work, but I'd still prefer not to be cut from GISH. I'll probably be on tonight.

• Locked thread