Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Irn--Bru posted:

I swear to god I WILL someday make a clean lap around the 'ring in the trackday rivals event.

edit: yussss :smug:

I did in my 458 but it took me 10 mins haha. Still ranked 300 in world or something stupid since nobody can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

A5H posted:

I did in my 458 but it took me 10 mins haha. Still ranked 300 in world or something stupid since nobody can do it.

Yeah I was the same, 10 minutes something and ranked 280ish. It's definitely my fave rivals challenge that I've tried. Get's really intense when you're trying to overtake 3 slow fucks on the outside of a corner 9 minutes into a lap.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Irn--Bru posted:

I swear to god I WILL someday make a clean lap around the 'ring in the trackday rivals event.

edit: yussss :smug:
I finally did it again this morning. It's a monster bitch. Now that I've posted a lap that's worthy of a 3xx time, I'll probably go back and try to really do it. My strategy was basically to bomb the hell out of the first 3 minutes or so of the track and then back off until the carousel, then drive extremely conservatively from there.

I bonked up too many laps at the eight-nine minute mark. God, those hurt.

Also, did anyone else start to notice that some of the cars had personalities? Like the BMWs were super aggressive, the Lotus and Mercedes SUVs would always see you coming on on the side and give you room to pass, and those goddamn Holdens and Renaults would seemingly deliberately drive right into the side of you. I had so many laps ruined by those bastards. I'd be nearly finished with the pass, there would be plenty of room for us both, and *BOOMP* they drive right into the rear quarter panel of my car.

ZombieLicker
Jan 3, 2008

by T. Finn
all this talk about the ring track day made me want to take a shot at it.

::smug::

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My driving time is over 26 hours so far, and i've only completed 20% of the Event List so far. I am really liking how huge it is, there is always something new to do and I never have to repeat a single race.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I'm at 2.5%, which is insane since I'm already level 40 and swimming in cars and spacebucks.

I've been trying to test out new builds for GTCC by doing event list races, and it's ridiculous how many of them actually fit. I needed to take a B-class El Camino out on Leguna Seca and Road America, and there were eligible events for both.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Not good. Not good.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I said come in! posted:

My driving time is over 26 hours so far, and i've only completed 20% of the Event List so far. I am really liking how huge it is, there is always something new to do and I never have to repeat a single race.

I think it's a bit too big, actually. Obviously they don't force you to do every race, but it's still silly that most races end up with you driving around in first place for ten minutes, then they want you to do that five more times. It gets kinda dull.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wee Bairns posted:

Not good. Not good.

Yeah, you really need to get some better cooling on those brakes.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Sigh. I am messing around with an A class Supra, and I was really hoping to listen to the drat thing winny like a horse when I entered corners, but sadly, I can't even really hear the twin turbos. (When the turbo dumps on the one Supra that is always at the track when I do flagging, it really does sound like a horse whinnying.)

Is there anything I could do to make the turbo sound more noticable upgrade wise?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Some good racing tonight. :)

I'm in the pink one!

Some people got lost.

Okay a lot of people got lost.

Common guy in front, make a mistake!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

jadebullet posted:

Sigh. I am messing around with an A class Supra, and I was really hoping to listen to the drat thing winny like a horse when I entered corners, but sadly, I can't even really hear the twin turbos. (When the turbo dumps on the one Supra that is always at the track when I do flagging, it really does sound like a horse whinnying.)

Is there anything I could do to make the turbo sound more noticable upgrade wise?

There's a setting in Audio that lets you select car or tires somewhere. I use tires so I can corner on the edge of friction. What is yours set to?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Oh, I can hear my engine noise just fine, the problem is, it doesn't even sound like it is turboed to me. At least in my experience, the turbos in a supra have a very noticeable sound upon shifting, especially downshifting, but I can't hear any of that. Maybe if I make it a single turboed car rather than twin turboed it will actually sound like it has one in it.

Also, what is the advantage of twin turbo over turbo. I noticed that a single turbo raises the Pi a bit with the Supra.

alr
May 14, 2009
No idea about real life, but in game it's a slightly different torque curve and different weight. I've noticed the turbo and blow off valve sounds on some cars though and they were rather loud, definitely noticeable over the engine. I think it was my S2000 had a very audible single "pssh" while something else had the kind of noise you're describing. I'd guess upgrade just the turbo and see if it has any effect?

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
V8's own god drat

We need a goon 16 man v8's race sometime.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Shogunner posted:

We need a goon 16 man v8's race sometime.

Tonight is hand out candy to begger children night in my neighborhood. Drop me an invite, gt: Swedespeed740.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
I just hit 150.

This was achieved by driving a Peugeot 905C for 2,056 miles in about 18 hours.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

PopeOnARope posted:

I just hit 150.

o_O

but ... how..?
Where do you find the time?

I feel like I spend too much time on it as it is and I'm at ~75 or so

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
If you're really bored, you can set up a "multiplayer" race on Benchmark A with a full set of AI opponents and 50 laps. 20 minutes = 150,000 credits, but no promises for your sanity if you try to do it multiple times in a row.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PopeOnARope posted:

I just hit 150.

Did you drive this in rivals mode or something? Grats on being the first goon I think to hit 150? There's another one that is close, last I checked he was like level 136, unless thats you. :p

alr
May 14, 2009
Either a custom race on an oval with no damage and a taped accelerator, or he really loves driving that car.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

So, with the new physics, I really, really like R2 and R3 racing now. I hated both of those in 3, but I just spent the past two days racing pretty much only cars in R2 and R3, and I'm in love.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Did you drive this in rivals mode or something? Grats on being the first goon I think to hit 150? There's another one that is close, last I checked he was like level 136, unless thats you. :p

That was him. Next would be either me or Hump Dumper.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

I said come in! posted:

Nah, I did the 3 laps of LeMans Multiclass Race. It came with a nice 75% bonus per race, meaning I netted about 33.2KXP per 11 minutes.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I'm about to hit 90. And finally got Affinity 25 for BMW. Probably could have done it sooner but I've been driving all sorts of fun cars.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Anyway I can get an invite into one of these car clubs? My current one only has a couple friends from work and they suck. GT is 'Fresh Clam', I've been goon racing since the earliest days of Forza.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minimaul posted:

I'm about to hit 90. And finally got Affinity 25 for BMW. Probably could have done it sooner but I've been driving all sorts of fun cars.

I just hit 71 myself. Event List is not leveling me up as fast as I would have liked. After you hit 50, it seems you need to do the race car events to go anywhere quickly. But i've been sick too, so I didn't put in nearly as much time as I wanted to yesterday or today.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I just hit 71 myself. Event List is not leveling me up as fast as I would have liked. After you hit 50, it seems you need to do the race car events to go anywhere quickly. But i've been sick too, so I didn't put in nearly as much time as I wanted to yesterday or today.

Yeah things have slowed down for me as well. But I've been having more fun hammering out the events I want to do. Build a car the tune it as I go through a series of races.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minimaul posted:

Yeah things have slowed down for me as well. But I've been having more fun hammering out the events I want to do. Build a car the tune it as I go through a series of races.

I'm in this for the long haul anyways. I'll be playing Forza 4 for the next two years, i'm positive of that. If I can get every car in my garage before Forza 5, that'll be awesome. Which shouldn't be a problem. I'm sitting at 168 cars right now.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I'm in this for the long haul anyways. I'll be playing Forza 4 for the next two years, i'm positive of that. If I can get every car in my garage before Forza 5, that'll be awesome. Which shouldn't be a problem. I'm sitting at 168 cars right now.

We don't doubt you,ISCI! I was looking for you in IRC today to see if you were sick. Race, get better, and race.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Holy crap, and you just the got the game a few days ago!??!?! I have like 20 hours but I've had it since the release, dang job and social life (even though a lot of my friends also have the game and we play online).

What I am doing is beating the World Tour first then going back to do the event list.

On that note: The League of Legends is insane! I've had no issues with the other 9 season but here the AI is just inhuman, bumping, ramming, and insane driving. I turned off rewind for all the other seasons but I had to turn it back on since one little slide or slip means one dude is right on you and they are not happy just passing noooo they attempt to PIT you or push you in the grass and then just drive off. Only 19 more races to go.....

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm trying to get the achievement from racing on every track. Is there an easy way to find out what tracks I haven't raced on yet?

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom
I'm sticking with D class until I get better, and plan on racing every top goon ghost on the circuit leaderboards. No assists, but no clutch. I'm learning how to race incredibly fast and seeing the rewards of tuning properly. Good feeling to be able to confidently swap out handling for more power. GISH goons should go beat my time so I can watch your ghosts and work towards beating them again!

Also no xbox for a week (brother is borrowing) so don't kick me!

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

ChocNitty posted:

I'm trying to get the achievement from racing on every track. Is there an easy way to find out what tracks I haven't raced on yet?

Sick Jack Dagnels anime.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Hey, I raced with some of you guys last night and was doing poorly (because I don't have an F200 car ). The last race I took part in was Fujimi Kaido downhill, and I was disconnected from Live as the race ended.

Upside: The game thinks I finished in first place and gave me more money.
Downside: People think I'm a butthurt last-placing jerk.

I just wanted to clear that up.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Oh Spaceman, you know what they say - if you had to say something... :wink:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Racing Datsun 240Zs with Sunday Punch is awesome. His has gobs of power, mine is built more for grippy cornering. Makes for competitive fun and depending on the track it can be a serious battle. More of you guys need to get in on this :D

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Yeah we should organise a Datsun Racing League of some kind.
I too have photos

Yes I was drifting everywhere what of it :colbert:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I just hit 67 yesterday. Spending today burning through the event list and listening to loud music.

Bear in mind that I got my game a week late because UPS hosed up, but because of that fuckup I ended up getting the LCE for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Day Man posted:

So, with the new physics, I really, really like R2 and R3 racing now. I hated both of those in 3, but I just spent the past two days racing pretty much only cars in R2 and R3, and I'm in love.

R1 is pretty sweet too. Maple Valley, Infineon, and Bernese are all transformed by those cars.

Taking the long sweeper and the downhill run on Bernese flat out will pucker your rear end in a top hat, but after you do it you can't wait to try it again.

• Locked thread