Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

A new God of War game would be fantastic. God of War 3 is easily one of the highlights of this console generation for me and to have another game would be awesome.

As for a Smash Bros clone with Sony characters? I've wanted a game like that for ages, especially since Sony has such a huge roster of characters that they could choose from, and if they went the LBP route by allowing people to make their own arenas it would be so fun. I suspect it's absolute bullshit considering the site that's reporting the news, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sony doesn't have enough cartoony or realistic guys to pull it off, I think. It has to be one or the other. Mixing both would just be weird.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
With Cole in tekken x street fighter for vita, and kratos in mortal kombat. Well anything is possible. Id probably buy the game if it was accessable enough, like smash bros.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Aphrodite posted:

Sony doesn't have enough cartoony or realistic guys to pull it off, I think. It has to be one or the other. Mixing both would just be weird.

They would probably have to include third party mainstays that are "iconic" to the PlayStation brand, if Solid Snake can fit in Brawl then Old Snake could fit in Sony's equivalent.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Aphrodite posted:

Capcom has no problem doing both for the Vs series. Why should Sony care?

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think it would be weird at all personally, especially since the Marvel vs Capcom games (and Tatsunako vs Capcom) pull off realistic with cartoony absolutely fine. I mean they have characters like Chris Redfield and Dante taking on characters from Megaman and Okami, and it works fine. All it requires is a good, consistent art style and acknowledging the fun, wacky nature of it.

I mean heck, if Capcom can put out a game where Ryu and the guy from Dead Rising punch the crap out of one of the mechs from Lost Planet, then I'm sure Sony could handle Kratos going apeshit against Metal Gear, Cole and Ratchet :D

Edit: If they do make this they'd obviously have to have one of the creatures from Shadows of the Collosus too :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not Kratos and Cole who would be weird, it's generic military guys like Hale and the guy from Killzone nobody can name.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

It's not Kratos and Cole who would be weird, it's generic military guys like Hale and the guy from Killzone nobody can name.

Well, yeah it would be a problem if they just went and picked lead characters to represent each game.

Killzone and Resistance could both be represented by an enemy character. Just pick a Helghast soldier for one and a Chimera monster for the other, since both games have like a half-dozen different variants of them you could pick, say, a jetpack Helghast and big heavy Chimera. So one would be a zippy flying type with projectiles and an emphasis on zoning while the other would be a more slow, lumbering one oriented on breaking through attacks and getting in close.

Both Smash Bros and Marvel try pick characters that come from far left field to round out their casts so they don't get too homogeneous.

I like to fantasize about a possible Sony crossover fighter. A neat thing is to try and think of how many characters, maybe one per franchise, you could think could be made to fit in a fighting game like that. I think I got like 25 last time.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Well I like to think that if Sony brought characters over from those two franchises they'd give us something interesting like a Chimera and Helghast character (maybe Radec?) rather than the heroes. They could then include weapons from the franchises as pickups (mutator from Resistance, disco ball from Ratchet and Clank etc) and just have some fun with it :shobon:

Edit: Policenaut get out of my head.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I know this is going to sound like a dumb thing to bring up, but why would they al be fighting in the first place? It's not necessarily important, but it just seems weird that some of the characters mentioned are theoretically dead, and from completely disparate worlds, but they got brought together somehow just to fight. At least Smash Bros. had the underlying concpet of them being toys, and the whole game leading up to fighting the hand that controls you. What would be the whole thing with this game, should it happen?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

SpacePig posted:

I know this is going to sound like a dumb thing to bring up, but why would they al be fighting in the first place? It's not necessarily important, but it just seems weird that some of the characters mentioned are theoretically dead, and from completely disparate worlds, but they got brought together somehow just to fight. At least Smash Bros. had the underlying concpet of them being toys, and the whole game leading up to fighting the hand that controls you. What would be the whole thing with this game, should it happen?

A PlayStation Move Heroes time warp.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're gathered from various points in time and universes to defeat the Anti-Monitor.

Sony has the DC license, right?

Alternately they're fighting for Michael's love.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd rather have absolutely no explanation like in Marvel or Jump Ultimate Stars than give any kind of standing legacy to PlayStation Move Heroes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Aphrodite posted:

Hahaha.

Policenaut posted:

I'd rather have absolutely no explanation like in Marvel or Jump Ultimate Stars than give any kind of standing legacy to PlayStation Move Heroes.

Yeah, Jump Ultimate Stars didn't have anything deeper than manga characters fighting each other, so I suppose if the emchanics work well enough, it doesn't matter. Like I said, I know it's a stupid thing, but I think it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

I also think it would be cool to get some fringe, thrid-party characters like Altaïr/Ezio or Mercer from Prototype in the mix.

e:
YESSSSSS!
v v v v v v v v

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 1, 2011

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I know this is going to sound like a dumb thing to bring up, but why would they al be fighting in the first place?

I dunno, Kevin Butler had an awesome idea? He could be the end boss.

Urban Achiever
Mar 29, 2005

MUFFlNS posted:

I dunno, Kevin Butler had an awesome idea? He could be the end boss.

This post wins.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Has anyone had any issues with Battlefield 3? I have been playing it lately to take a bit of a break from Dark Souls and after 3-4 matches the PS3 will usually beepbeepbeep and turn itself off. It restarts just fine with a touch, however.

The other bizarre part is that it doesn't do this for any other game. I've played Dark Souls for 60+ hours and I haven't had one crash while playing that, and only one other time after Madden.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that? I just had my PS3 sent in to Sony this past June. Anyone know if I'd still be under their repair warranty?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hey, so, I cancelled my Uncharted 3 pre-order on Amazon, but apparently not early enough to not recieve the pre-order bonus. Anybody want it?

e:Looks like somebody got it, and then didn't tell me. Jerk. Sorry, Crows!

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 1, 2011

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Hey, so, I cancelled my Uncharted 3 pre-order on Amazon, but apparently not early enough to not recieve the pre-order bonus. Anybody want it?
R3BN-J3N6-R6NN
This code will give you access to the Carpet Bomb Kickback, Clip Size Mod for Para 9, and Clip Size Mod for G-MAL.
Tried to grab it but it was already in use. Thanks anyway!

Curse you, lurkers! CURSE YOU!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
So speaking of bosses:

Deus Ex, third boss.

What the gently caress.

Everywhere I read, which hasn't been a lot of places because I'm trying to avoid spoilers, just says use typhoon or throw explosives or otherwise just blow him to bits, but he's severely wrecking my poo poo. Any time I start firing on him he unleashes that ridiculously strong gun of his and it pretty much wrecks me if he manages to catch me with 2-3 shots from it. He usually only gets me with one, but THAT still leaves me with like 60 health, so if he gets lucky, or I get unlucky and run into him before I heal... yeah. I've got a heavy machine gun, a modded-all-to-hell combat rifle, the PEPS, the tranq rifle, and the tazer gun. I have three EMP grenades but if I'm lucky I MIGHT be able to stun him with the first one I throw when we first start [since he stands still for a moment] but I can never peg him with others. I don't even know if they're really stunning him either. The heavy machine gun just takes too drat much time to spin up to be practical against him, unless I trick him into shooting into a wall while I spin it up, then pop out and get maybe 5-6 rounds into him before he recovers and starts shooting again. There's got to be some trick to this, otherwise I guess I'll backtrack and hack/stun enough people to get the experience I need to buy the typhoon.

:arghfist::(

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 1, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MUFFlNS posted:

A new God of War game would be fantastic. God of War 3 is easily one of the highlights of this console generation for me and to have another game would be awesome.

You know, I was just thinking yesterday about how God of War 3 was really good. That's been one of my favorite PS3 exclusives, next to Uncharted 2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I said come in! posted:

You know, I was just thinking yesterday about how God of War 3 was really good. That's been one of my favorite PS3 exclusives, next to Uncharted 2.

God of War 3 had all the trappings of a good game except for the main character, and to some degree, the plot. I wouldn't mind another game literally hollowing out the plot and main character and keeping the graphics, gameplay, and general tech behind GoW3.

Kratos can die, though.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
In God of War 4, Kratos unleashes his rage on... um... Aristaeus, god of cheese-making?

Or maybe he just heads over to Dionysus' place and enjoys a drunken orgy or two.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Jamesman posted:

In God of War 4, Kratos unleashes his rage on... um... Aristaeus, god of cheese-making?

Or maybe he just heads over to Dionysus' place and enjoys a drunken orgy or two.
In God of War 4, Kratos, realizing his failures, seeks to save the world from tyranny on high by killing the last of the gods...

Himself!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Zeus isn't the most powerful being in ancient Greek mythos. For example, there is Uranus, the god of the sky and basically father to almost everyone else. There are still creatures bigger and stronger than Titans, such as the Hecatonchires. But, you're really getting outside of the characters people know from that mythos, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Personally, I'm holding out hope that GoW4 is about a redeemed Kratos who no longer is filled with hatred opening a cake shop in modern day New York.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Jeff the God of Biscuits.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!
They should just bring in other pantheons. I want to smash Jesus' face in with Mjolnir.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Personally, I'm holding out hope that GoW4 is about a redeemed Kratos who no longer is filled with hatred opening a cake shop in modern day New York.

Well they showed clips of him watching over future wars, so they can spin off a new series, "Call of Kratos", a quick time event FPS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Call of Duty already is a quick time event FPS.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Call of Duty already is a quick time event FPS.

You can't have too many, people never get tired of them.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Crows Turn Off posted:

Zeus isn't the most powerful being in ancient Greek mythos. For example, there is Uranus, the god of the sky and basically father to almost everyone else. There are still creatures bigger and stronger than Titans, such as the Hecatonchires. But, you're really getting outside of the characters people know from that mythos, though.

So you're saying you DON'T want to see him face off against Aristaeus, god of cheese-making. :/

Did I mention he's also the god of bee-keeping?

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
I'm all for a God of War where killing a hydra gets you a care package drop.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Shalinor posted:

In God of War 4, Kratos, realizing his failures, seeks to save the world from tyranny on high by killing the last of the gods...

Himself!

Match the symbols in sequence to drink JD and sob!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

quote:

The rumors floating around the interwebs are that the next installment in the series will hit Holiday of next year, which could be plausible.

I want to see Kratos saving Christmas.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Krad posted:

Kratos seeks out and kills pagan Solstice deities so that Jesus can be born and subsequently die for our sins

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Krad posted:

Kratosmas 2012.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

spidoman posted:

Jeff the God of Biscuits.

I love you so much for this.

Also, sometimes Internet rumors are true...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SamBishop posted:

Also, sometimes Internet rumors are true...

If you're loving talking about that SSMB style game... I don't even know what I will think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Aphrodite posted:

They're gathered from various points in time and universes to defeat the Anti-Monitor.

Sony has the DC license, right?

Evidently reading these threads backwards provides some unique misunderstandings, such as a Super Smash Brothers style Arrested Development game.

It's likely someone already had that idea and it's terrible

• Locked thread