Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Jarf posted:

e: also, this is definitely the furthest I have gone on two wheels without tipping the car over. I had it balanced like that until I hit the kerb on the next corner which righted my car and let me carry on.

I did almost exactly the same thing when I first got F3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFBFCnUK7E

Aaaah memories... can't wait to try out the new DLC tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Lovin' the new Bel Air.

It lets you add a spare tire as an upgrade. This is awesome.

Edit: When in stock configuration, it accelerates like molasses, handles like a brick, and takes up half of the road. I already love it.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 1, 2011

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It must be 100% impossible to pass that car on the Nurburgring.

What a glorious boat.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lovin' the new Bel Air.

It lets you add a spare tire as an upgrade. This is awesome.

Jesus loving christ. Between this and the front bumper bar for the new Charger, I really like the direction Turn 10 is taking with visual upgrades. I hope they go further in the next game and let us change trim levels for cars that it'd make an obvious difference in.

Also, I am going to drive the hell out of this car. I was starting to like my Coronet as an A-Class boat, but I think this'll replace it (if it's somewhat competitive in A, anyway).

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

tehsid posted:

Hmm. Funny you say that, as I have the slim 4 gb (only picked it up for this) with a 500gb portable HDD plugged into it. Might very well be the problem...
I broke open my old 20gb drive, took it out and placed it in the 4gb slim. I can now view/save replays (THANK YOU SO MUCH PUDDING!) but I'm still not able to see rival ghosts in rivals mode. I only tested out the Reasonable priced car Top Gear rival race, but nothing... any ideas? Never mind, I can see them and its awesome now. I feel like I have the full game at last. Thanks for the advise pudding!

tehsid fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 1, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There's a weird rear end glitch on the new dodge, can someone else see if they get it?
When I apply a numberplate decal the the back bumper, it's mirrored down the centre.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Humerus posted:

Well I went back to the Dashboard Marketplace and downloaded the free car, then went into FM4 and now the pack is there. I don't know if it was neccessary to download the Scirocco, but either way I have my Aventador now!

U.S. goon with season pass, I also had to do the same thing. Pack Would not show up in Forza marketplace until I downloaded the Scirocco from xbox marketplace.

Just an FYI for anyone else with season pass having trouble. If the new pack doesn't show up for you in the in-game marketplace, go to the xbox marketplace and download the scirocco, which is free. Then the whole pack will show up in the forza marketplace.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I found this piece of junk for a reasonable price on the auction house. Probably sat in someones backyard for the past couple decades:

Put on some custom paint, add a set of 19"s on that bitch, and it's as good as new.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks better in the rusted state.

Also, the Belair accelerates like tub of molasses because they put in the two speed powerglide transmission instead of the three speed manual.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just an FYI for anyone else with season pass having trouble. If the new pack doesn't show up for you in the in-game marketplace, go to the xbox marketplace and download the scirocco, which is free. Then the whole pack will show up in the forza marketplace.

Thanks goon! Now if only I could find a trick to join online races 100% of the time :downs:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That Impala has a really amazing rust job.. are the layer groups available in the AH anywhere?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This game can be pretty sometimes.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Why isn't the lovely photo I took yesterday online for me to look at?

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

MalleusDei posted:

Why isn't the lovely photo I took yesterday online for me to look at?

If it's a big shot you need to make sure at least one normal picture is uploaded. If it's just a normal picture, I don't know. Should be there.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

In game credits cost for those curious about the November DLC pack. Not as bad as I thought some would be.

code:
Audi R15++ - 2,500,000
Ferrari 458 GT2 - 1,000,000
Lamborghini Aventador - 400,000
Aston Martin Virage - 200,000
Audi RS3 Sportback - 60,000
Chevrolet Bel Air - 60,000
Dodge Charger - 38,000
Ford Focus ST - 32,000
GMC Typhoon - 12,000
Volkswagen Scirocco R - 45,000 

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Anyone have a good E and/or C tune on their storefront? The rest I have decent cars that can keep up, but those 2 Classes just blow me away.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

xzzy posted:

That Impala has a really amazing rust job.. are the layer groups available in the AH anywhere?

There are general rust decals floating around out there. Some look good, and some dont.

This livery is from a guy with the GT: tsbsfuran

Hes got rusty liveries for a thunderbird, coronet, and buick gsx on his storefront.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Sunday Punch, can we get AFGS added to the clubs below the OP?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Putting RWD on the Lamborghini Aventador lowers the rating to S class. Hello LP-700-2 Valentino Balboni Edition.

Dat rear end :quagmire:

Dat rear end :downs:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

The 458 Italia GT2 is crazy grippy, it's so awesome it made half of the Indianapolis Speedway disappear.

And I put a quick Hankook skin over it to make it look extra sexy.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

djfooboo posted:

Dat rear end :downs:

She's so... dirty....

I feel all kinds of messed up now.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
The phone barcode thingy on the 458 GT car works, it takes you to http://www.risicompetizione.com

On the subject of the Risi Comp GT2, it is fantastic fun to drive.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I have the season pass. Within the game, under Car Packs, I don't see the new pack. Outside the game, it says Season Pass owners do not buy it outside the game. What am I missing here?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Download this http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/2011-Volkswagen-Scirocco-R/ec033287-0b58-434a-b2e2-49fb1414038b

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

The phone barcode thingy on the 458 GT car works, it takes you to http://www.risicompetizione.com

On the subject of the Risi Comp GT2, it is fantastic fun to drive.

M.Rossi also agrees, I just started a race in career and the AI is using the dlc car which is pretty cool. I wonder if this will be the case if they add tracks.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If I can have a matte black aventador why can't everything else be matte black?!
Also if anyone comes up with a good S class tune for it I'd like a copy please. I can't dial out the understeer :(

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

ChocNitty posted:

I have the season pass. Within the game, under Car Packs, I don't see the new pack. Outside the game, it says Season Pass owners do not buy it outside the game. What am I missing here?

DO NOT BUY IT:

Boosted_C5 posted:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I've always be cautious of NSX's, they where the only car that I feared in my rear view mirror. So I tried using one. After spending ages painting, of course. (on my storefront, GT = AkGara )

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Thank you sir. Got the pack finally.

And now I got my po' mans Reventon!

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 1, 2011

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Downloaded the Sirrocco pack, now do I have to download each other car individually? Is there no full Speed pack download?

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

If you already bought the Season Pass it is supposed to show up in the in-game marketplace, but it's not. To work around this, go to the xbox place (or in-game?) and download the free car, which downloads all the other cars. Once this is done, the Season Pass selection for the DLC pack shows up in the in-game marketplace and you can download it without paying for it (again).

Each car pack comes with a "free" car that you can download and it will have the other cars in it. You won't be able to use them (except your free car) but you will be able to see them and other people that have them when you race online. That way nobody shows up as a Ghost Jetta (like fm2).

If you want to buy the DLC pack, buy the pack, if you have the season pass, read above. if you want individual cars then buy individual cars. if you want none, but to see them get the VW. if you want none and give no fucks download nothing.

Minimaul fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 1, 2011

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

crosspostin from SAEG

Scatterfold posted:

own a little piece of HISTORY!!!!!1

all profits go to charity :snoop: no they dont

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

BrokenKnees posted:

Downloaded the Sirrocco pack, now do I have to download each other car individually? Is there no full Speed pack download?

Assuming you have season pass, As soon as you try to download another car in the pack in the forza marketplace tab, it will let you download them all at once.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Scatterfold posted:

crosspostin from SAEG

gently caress I want that, but since I never got the credit glitch I can't afford.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Man I wanna get this pack, but I have an old rear end Xbox that only has 16 gigs of HDD space, and with this game installed (both disks) I'm already down to 2 gigs free.

Is it still possible to custom install your own hard drive, or am I stuck with Microsoft's overpriced nonsense? My Xbox is a white one with HDMI if that makes a difference.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Scatterfold posted:

crosspostin from SAEG

Wanna surf on dat fukken man tide.

The Monarch posted:

Man I wanna get this pack, but I have an old rear end Xbox that only has 16 gigs of HDD space, and with this game installed (both disks) I'm already down to 2 gigs free.

Is it still possible to custom install your own hard drive, or am I stuck with Microsoft's overpriced nonsense? My Xbox is a white one with HDMI if that makes a difference.

Apparently you can jam USB drives into the back and store stuff on those? But I've never tried it.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Boosted_C5 posted:

Assuming you have season pass, As soon as you try to download another car in the pack in the forza marketplace tab, it will let you download them all at once.

Season pass users- You don't have to download anything after the first free car. Once you get any free car in the pack, the game realizes it's missing content, and unlocks everything automatically.

The spare tire option on the Bel Air is magnificent.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

BrokenKnees posted:

The Sirrocco has all the files needed, you won't need to download any more files.

Also Gara, your car is running on both Goodyear and Falken rubber, wrapped around a pair of Enkei and Rota wheels? :p

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

The way it worked for me was I selected one car (the Bel Air) and it downloaded them all. Or rather unlocked them all, since all their data is there from downloading the VW.
In other news, my phone auto corrected Bel to Bro, and now I've got this hilarious image of a bro cruising around in an old Chevy blaring Jack Johnson or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

The Monarch posted:

You can take a USB drive, up to 16 gb, and use it as a hard drive or memory card. This is something Microsoft enabled about a year ago. You can actually have two in the two front USB slots actually, and use both, for 32 gb of storage.

16gb is the largest size USB drive they let you use, but you may as well go for the full 16 in your USBs since the cost is proportional and formatting the USB for 360 use takes up like 1.2 gb for 'stuff'. You can go on Amazon or Newegg and look at reviews of 16gb drives, look for comments like "I plugged this into my Xbox 360 and it worked fine." Alternately, I bought this one and can confirm it works (not a referral link)
http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Xporter-Speed-Flash-PEF16GRUSB/dp/B003WUX6QK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320183425&sr=8-2

It's $25 and has nice write speed, so I went for that one. Stuff loads way faster off that drive than it does the hard drive, so I did my Forza 4 install on the USB drive as well. And yes, you can keep your save on the HDD and have the install on the USB, which frees up space on your HDD to boot.

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 1, 2011

• Locked thread