Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Inherent Bonuses are also used when you don't want to keep leveling your party's magic items.

Like if you get that +1 Flaming Sword at level 3 and use it to level 30, because you like its properties/powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

Inherent Bonuses are also used when you don't want to keep leveling your party's magic items.

Like if you get that +1 Flaming Sword at level 3 and use it to level 30, because you like its properties/powers.

Well, that would be up to the DM, though. You can't just decide "Oh, I found this cool magic item that I never want to get rid of or upgrade. I think I'll start using inherent bonuses now." If the DM gave you a +1 flaming weapon while using the inherent bonus system, then that's different, of course.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Undrhil posted:

Well, that would be up to the DM, though. You can't just decide "Oh, I found this cool magic item that I never want to get rid of or upgrade. I think I'll start using inherent bonuses now." If the DM gave you a +1 flaming weapon while using the inherent bonus system, then that's different, of course.

Yeah, that's what MR is saying. DMs use inherent bonuses and then give out magic items that they don't have to worry about giving out new versions of in five levels' time. Players don't just decide they're using the bonuses.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
whoops missed the new page

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Undrhil posted:

And the idea is that the +1 fro your flaming weapon does not stack with the +X from the inherent bonus. Inherent bonuses are typed as enhancement bonuses to make this work. So someone having inherent bonuses and a magic weapon is a perfectly normal situation, but getting the benefits of both is a bug.

Gomi posted:

edit: Also, is there any way to take Superior Implement (dagger) to enable an Accurate Pact Blade for a Warlock? Because they'd have the Dex for Cyclone Warrior, which works best with a weapon in each hand. Only other way I can think of to make that happen is with a Rod of Smiting, which 'can be used as' a mace, which might not be enough to satisfy Cyclone Warrior's condition. I guess Arcane Implement Training would do it, but I'm seriously out of feat room as it is.
Accurate Dagger training has the pre-req of being able to use dagger implements. Warlocks don't get proficiency with dagger implements, the Pact Blade is a dagger implement which can be used by Warlocks.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 31, 2011

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I could just be missing something, but how do I actually get the bonuses to Versatile Expertise? All of the others seem to work right, but I don't see where to make any choices or get the bonuses. What do I need to do to get this to work? Add them in manually?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Echophonic posted:

I could just be missing something, but how do I actually get the bonuses to Versatile Expertise? All of the others seem to work right, but I don't see where to make any choices or get the bonuses. What do I need to do to get this to work? Add them in manually?

It's on the first tab where you pick your class.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drewjitsu posted:

It's on the first tab where you pick your class.

Well I'll be damned, there it is. I don't know why I didn't think to look there. Thanks!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Echophonic posted:

Well I'll be damned, there it is. I don't know why I didn't think to look there. Thanks!
Well to be fair, it's a weird place for them to be. It's just that there's not really anywhere better to put them.

Edit: Question about the hexblade pact weapon: Why doesn't it just apply the bonus as an enhancement as opposed to the "off-hand enhancement" thing? My (brief) testing seems to indicate that it works fine if set to an enhancement bonus, is there some kind of edge case which makes it go screwy?

<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:attack" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingRod" />
<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:damage" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingRod" />
<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:attack" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingWand" />
<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:damage" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingWand" />

Splicer fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 31, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Just so you know, if you pick that feat (or other feats that add features to the class tab), the NEXT button turns yellow, and takes you to the appropriate tab where you need to make a feature selection.

Also, when you look under your portrait, you'll have "legal*" (or "houseruled*" if you have houserules with your character), which indicates that you have selections to make. If you look at the bottom of the Manage -> Details tab under character status, you'll see what choices you need to make to get rid of that *.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 31, 2011

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drewjitsu posted:

Just so you know, if you pick that feat (or other feats that add features to the class tab), the NEXT button turns yellow, and takes you to the appropriate tab where you need to make a feature selection.

Also, when you look under your portrait, you'll have "legal*" (or "houseruled*" if you have houserules with your character), which indicates that you have selections to make. If you look at the bottom of the Manage -> Details tab under character status, you'll see what choices you need to make to get rid of that *.

I knew it did that, I just didn't notice, I guess. I think I just went looking for it without thinking that it would tell me where I needed to be. I did forget, however, about the Details tab summary. Thanks!

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
edit

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 2, 2011

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
Ok, here's some fixes/improvements that I found:

1) Short Spear is a thrown weapon with no range listed. I grabbed the range from the Compendium:

code:
<RulesElement name="Short Spear" type="Weapon" internal-id="ID_TIV_WEAPON_MORDS_MAG_EMP_02" source="Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 AM" >
    <Category> ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_1,ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_8,ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_5,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HAND,ID_FMP_WEAPON_GROUP_35,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HANDED,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SELECTABLE </Category>
    <specific name="Full Text"> Short Spear
Simple one-handed melee weapon
Cost: 2 gp
Damage: 1d6
Proficient: +2
Range: 5/10
Weight: 1 lb.

Properties:
Light Thrown: A ranged basic attack with a light thrown weapon uses your Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls, unless otherwise noted in the description of the power used. 
Off-Hand: An off-hand weapon is light enough that you can hold it and attack effectively with it while also holding a weapon in your main hand. You can't attack with both weapons in the same turn, unless you have a power that allows such an attack, but you can attack with either weapon.
Small: This property describes a two-handed or a versatile weapon that a Small character can use in the same way a Medium character can. A halfling can use a shortbow, for instance, even though halflings can't normally wield two-handed weapons.

Group: 
Spear (Consisting of a stabbing head on the end of a long shaft, a spear is great for lunging attacks.).  </specific>
    <specific name="Weight"> 1 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 2 </specific>
    <specific name="Range"> 5/10 </specific>
    <specific name="Damage"> 1d6 </specific>
    <specific name="Proficiency Bonus"> 2 </specific>
    <specific name="_Primary End" />
    <specific name="Weapon Category"> Simple Melee </specific>
    <specific name="Hands Required"> One-Handed </specific>
    <specific name="Item Slot"> Off-hand </specific>
    <specific name="Group"> Spear </specific>
    <specific name="Properties"> Light thrown, offhand, small </specific>
  </RulesElement>
2) Devoted Priest Expertise: The conditional damage bonus was showing up in 2 lines, and said it was a feat bonus (when it was untyped). This should correct it:

code:
  <RulesElement name="Devoted Priest Expertise" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05" source="Dragon Magazine 402" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
    <Flavor> Even when you wade into battle with your weapon at the ready, your enemies still feel the sting of the symbol of your faith. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. </specific>
    <specific name="Special" />
    <specific name="type" />
    <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
    <specific name="Associated Powers" />
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Devoted Priest Expertise" value="+1" />
      <statadd name="Devoted Priest Expertise" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
      <statadd name="Devoted Priest Expertise" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
      <statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+Devoted Priest Expertise" type="Feat" />
      <statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+Devoted Priest Expertise" type="Feat" />
      <statadd name="damage rolls" value="+Devoted Priest Expertise" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
    </rules>	  
When you are using a holy symbol and wielding a melee weapon with which you are proficient, you gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. These bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
Also, when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
  </RulesElement>
3) Executioner Poisons: I added the "@" to the short text to make it so that these don't get added to the character sheet. I found it just took up too much space. Feel free to add this to the assassin file or not, I'll leave it up to you.

code:
  <!-- Executioner Poison Recipies -->
  <RulesElement name="Bloodroot Poison Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_BLOODROOT_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Category> Assassin Poison,1 </Category>
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="Short Description"></specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
    <specific name="_CS_ShortDescription"> @ </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10053 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10053" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10053" value="+1" />
    </rules>
The poison created from the oil of the bloodroot plant causes a temporary fever and weakening of the body. Bloodroot (named for the deep crimson color of the root) is a relatively common plant often mistaken for other, harmless plants that grow nearby. The poison is favored by assassins who seek to knock an enemy off balance and disorient it before the lethal strike.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Carrion Crawler Brain Juice Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_CARRION_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10054 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10054" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10054" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Carrion crawler brain juice is exactly what its name claims: a poison derived from the brains of vicious carrion crawlers, which makes it a difficult substance to harvest. Carrion crawler brain juice makes the body of the target sluggish as the poison attacks muscles and essential tissues that help the body move. Longer exposure to brain juice causes a form of paralysis that makes it impossible for the victim to move a significant distance.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Greenblood Oil Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_GREENBLOOD_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10055 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10055" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10055" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Named for its color and thickness, greenblood oil is a viscous poison derived from poisonous plants that grow deep in primeval forests. This combination of oils from several different sources has medicinal uses: It breaks up dangerous blood clots and can be used to help drain infections from the body. Assassins, however, use greenblood oil to make it more difficult for the body to heal. This poison is often used to make a target more vulnerable to harm rather than by harming directly. For example, an assassin might pour greenblood oil over a target&apos;s food early in the day before performing a very public assassination, to ensure that the victim cannot be magically healed once the attack takes place.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Id Moss Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_ID_MOSS_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10056 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10056" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10056" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Id moss grows primarily in caves and crevasses in the earth, particularly in places where the sun never reaches. Most forest-dwelling people know to avoid consuming id moss even in desperate situations, because the moss causes mental trauma and eventually insanity. When crushed into a fine powder, id moss powder can be inhaled, allowing it to attack the mind more quickly.  
If The DM allows, a character brought to 0 HP by the poison can be driven insane instead of killed.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Nitharit Poison Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_NITHARIT_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10057 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10057" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10057" value="+1" />
    </rules>
One of the few slow-acting poisons in the assassin&apos;s repertoire, nitharit poison gradually breaks down a creature&apos;s natural defenses against toxins and eventually turns those defenses against the poisoned creature. Nitharit poison is often used as a precursor to weaken a target before a second poisoning assault. For example, an assassin might put nitharit poison in a magistrate&apos;s wine, then later in the evening return to finish the job with a stronger poison once the target&apos;s body is in no shape to fight it off.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Ungol Dust Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_UNGOL_DUST_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10058 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10058" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10058" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Ungol dust is a black powder made of the crushed remains of dried-up spiders and scorpions that is so fine that one errant breath can blow away an entire dose. Most of those who craft this poison wear masks to ensure that they do not accidentally disperse (or inhale) the dust before packing it into small, easily shattered pellets. When ungol dust comes into contact with flesh or other living material, it becomes highly corrosive.
If The DM allows, a character brought to 0 HP by the poison can be knocked unconscious and permanently scarred instead of killed.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Black Lotus Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_BLACK_LOTUS_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Category> Assassin Poison,15 </Category>
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 15 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10059 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10059" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10059" value="+1" />
    </rules>
This powder is derived from the legendary black lotus flower. The effect is devastating when this substance comes in contact with a creature for more than a few seconds. Black lotuses bloom only once every three years, and it is during that time that the flowers can be harvested to produce this toxic oil. Black lotuses grow only in deep swamps, along shadowed riverbanks, and at the edges of caves where they are sheltered from direct light.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Insanity Mist Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_INSANITY_MIST_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10060 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10060" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10060" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Another poison designed to affect the mind as much as the body, insanity mist is a liquid that is only potent when made airborne and then inhaled. A liquid is distilled from the brains of mind f layer thralls (or mind flayers themselves, which produce a much higher quantity of poison) and combined with several kinds of mold spores to deliver the poison straight to the brain. Insanity mist begins eroding the consciousness of the victim almost instantly.
If The DM allows, a character brought to 0 HP by the poison can be knocked unconscious and permanently scarred instead of killed.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Lich Dust Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_LICH_DUST_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10061 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10061" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10061" value="+1" />
    </rules>
To those uneducated in the art of poison crafting, lich dust is often believed to be a powder made from the ground-up bones of liches. This belief is only partially correct; in truth, lich dust is made from a combination of pulverized bones taken from a variety of undead creatures (liches among them) mixed with other alchemical and natural substances. Lich dust retains some of the necromantic power that once animated the bones it is made from, which can drain the energy and spirit of creatures that consume it or are injured by a weapon coated with the poison.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Wyven Venom Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_WYVERN_VENOM_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Category> Assassin Poison,20 </Category>
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 20 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10062 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10062" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10062" value="+1" />
    </rules>
The secret to creating this rare and potent toxin is closely guarded by the most powerful assassins&apos;s guilds. Versatile in its application, it not only does injury to a creature&apos;s body, it rots away flesh and bone, melts sinew, and boils the blood. Even after the initial shock of the effect of the venom is over, the pain and damage inf licted by the poison linger, making it difficult for the body to heal. The base of the poison is the venom from an actual wyvern, though the poison used by executioners is the result of a complex alchemical process that increases its potency tenfold.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Dark Reaver Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_DARK_REAVER_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Category> Assassin Poison,25 </Category>
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 25 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10063 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10063" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10063" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Said to come from the pulverized bodies of angels devoted to gods of death, dark reaver powder has the ability to knock a creature unconscious for a long time. Assassins use dark reaver powder to get enemies out of the way without killing them or to send a message not to cross the wrong person. When applied in powder form to a weapon, the poison seeps into the blood and produces a diluted effect that renders enemies woozy for a short period of time.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Dragon Bile Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_DRAGON_BILE_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10064 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10064" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10064" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Dragon bile is one of the most sought-after substances harvested from dragons. It can be made into a deadly poison that can slay a person in a matter of minutes. The dragon bile used by assassins is among the most potent, and is harvested from the bodies of powerful and ancient dragons slain by adventurers. A brief touch of dragon bile can make it impossible for a creature to move or do anything else, while prolonged exposure is almost always fatal.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Eye of Basilisk Recipe" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_HOS_CLASS_FEATURE_BASILISK_EYE_RECIPE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
    <Flavor></Flavor>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10065 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant type="Magic Item" name="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10065" />
      <statadd name="FREEBEE:ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_10065" value="+1" />
    </rules>
Among the rarest of poisons used by assassins, eye of basilisk powder is exceptionally potent in minute quantities. The eyes of actual basilisks (harvested at great expense by adventurers) are dried out and ground into a powder that, when properly prepared, can turn its victims to stone. Assassins put small amounts of the powder into alchemical pellets that explode when broken to release a small cloud of the poison around the victim.
</RulesElement>

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Entilzha4

These have been added

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just pulled the new updates and I'm getting the following error:

code:
11/1/2011 10:40:00 AM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.0
11/1/2011 10:40:00 AM - Debug: Working Directory is: C:\Games\Character Builder
11/1/2011 10:40:03 AM - ERROR: 
Inner Exception: The 'D20Rules' start tag on line 2 does not match the end tag of 'specific'. Line 14693, position 109.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
   at CharacterBuilderLoader.FileManager.DoUpdates(Boolean forced)
   at CharacterBuilderLoader.Program.Main(String[] args)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any thoughts?

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Do as you like. It's not my job to kill you.
code:
04-new-items.part

ERROR: ERROR LOADING FILE:
Inner Exception: The 'D20Rules' start tag on line 2 does not match the end tag of 'specific'. Line 14693, position 109.

33-assassin.part

Inner Exception: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 39.
Might I suggest we have a version of the builds called the "weekly" builds that are separated from the daily builds? The weekly builds being populated of course only with files that won't break? Maybe all it'd take is me maintaining one...

ZigZagZooka
Feb 28, 2011
The problem is just a random F at the end of line 1. I manually removed it on mine.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

nothingxs posted:

code:
04-new-items.part

33-assassin.part

Inner Exception: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 39.
Might I suggest we have a version of the builds called the "weekly" builds that are separated from the daily builds? The weekly builds being populated of course only with files that won't break? Maybe all it'd take is me maintaining one...

This is why people need to verify their parts before they upload them onto the FTP. At the very least, you're going to catch poo poo like this.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

My wife and I are going to be picking up Heroes of the Feywild from our local flagship store this Saturday, if anyone wants a head start on coding for it.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
edited

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 2, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

ZigZagZooka posted:

The problem is just a random F at the end of line 1. I manually removed it on mine.

Fixed I did that by accident when doing a search has been removed\

I did a full install again and I found no issues

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 1, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

This is why people need to verify their parts before they upload them onto the FTP. At the very least, you're going to catch poo poo like this.

I did test the file and didnt have any issues, when i was updating the header I hit f by accident and added an indiscriminate letter to the file that has been removed. I thought at first it was a search error but it wasnt it was a header update error, my apologises.

For anyone that gets that error just delete that part file and reupdate

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 1, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

nothingxs posted:

Having any extra copies of the files floating around actually causes more issues. The reason is people do make mistakes. Happens to everyone. Mistakes are fixed as soon as they are identified (especially if it is a crash bug). If someone is maintaining a "secondary set" of the part files they will not get the fixes as soon as the main files get them.

What you can do is launch your builder with the "Don't Download" switch: -d or use the "CB Launch (No Update)" shortcut if you have it. Once a week or once a month or whatever you prefer you can update it at your leisure.

I considered for a few days of having a monthly index but changed my mind when the new functionality was added to CBLoader to prevent the update checking if desired.

You can also download the "Wizards Everything" zip file and use the "Don't Download" switch: -d. I try to update the zip file about twice a month and I test compile it first. There is no schedule however and I might update it many times a month or only once.

danpipoly
May 17, 2003

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Having any extra copies of the files floating around actually causes more issues. The reason is people do make mistakes. Happens to everyone. Mistakes are fixed as soon as they are identified (especially if it is a crash bug). If someone is maintaining a "secondary set" of the part files they will not get the fixes as soon as the main files get them.

What you can do is launch your builder with the "Don't Download" switch: -d or use the "CB Launch (No Update)" shortcut if you have it. Once a week or once a month or whatever you prefer you can update it at your leisure.

I considered for a few days of having a monthly index but changed my mind when the new functionality was added to CBLoader to prevent the update checking if desired.

You can also download the "Wizards Everything" zip file and use the "Don't Download" switch: -d. I try to update the zip file about twice a month and I test compile it first. There is no schedule however and I might update it many times a month or only once.

So I haven't done much with customizing CBLoader since I installed it, but noticing the "don't download" and the "only download" options makes me want to use them. How do I set these options up? I've only been using my pre-existing CBLoader Link, so can I just modify that, or do I need to download something?

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
Just a heads-up: I found that the flavor text of the Ineffable Secret of Death Ki Focus is wrong - it has the flavor text of the Manual of Ninjitsu Ki Focus. Not really game changing, but figured I'd point it out. It's more of a "fix at your leisure" kind of thing.

code:
  <RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +3" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_7" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <Flavor> The original masters penned this tome with the intent that it be read in a time of dire need. It holds the secret of how to use the power of the dying as a weapon against the living. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Gold"> 25000 </specific>
    <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Ki Focus </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
    <specific name="Armor" />
    <specific name="Weapon" />
    <specific name="Item Slot"> Ki Focus </specific>
    <specific name="Requirement"> Must be able to use Ki Focuses as an implement. </specific>
    <specific name="Prerequisite" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +3d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="_Rarity" />
    <specific name="_Monster" />
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +3 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Granted Powers" />
    <specific name="Rarity"> Rare </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> Any attack you make with this implement against a target granting combat advantage to you deals extra necrotic damage to that target. The damage equals this item&apos;s enhancement bonus. </specific>
    <specific name="Power"> Power (Daily): No Action.
Trigger: You use assassin&apos;s strike on a bloodied target.
Effect: The damage from assassin&apos;s strike is maximized.
Power (Encounter): Free Action.
Trigger: You reduce a creature adjacent to you to 0 hit points with an attack using this implement.
Effect: You are insubstantial and phasing until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily): Minor Action.
Effect: Your next attack this turn is made against the target&apos;s lowest defense. </specific>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +4" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_8" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <Flavor> The original masters penned this tome with the intent that it be read in a time of dire need. It holds the secret of how to use the power of the dying as a weapon against the living. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 20 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 125000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Requirement"> Must be able to use Ki Focuses as an implement. </specific>
    <specific name="Critical"> +4d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +4 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> Any attack you make with this implement against a target granting combat advantage to you deals extra necrotic damage to that target. The damage equals this item&apos;s enhancement bonus. </specific>
Trigger: You reduce a creature adjacent to you to 0 hit points with an attack using this implement.
Effect: Your next attack this turn is made against the target&apos;s lowest defense. </specific>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +5" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_9" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Gold"> 625000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +5d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +5 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Ineffable Secret of Death +6" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_D404_CAA_10" source="Dragon Magazine 404">
    <specific name="Level"> 30 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 3125000 </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +6d10 necrotic damage </specific>
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +6 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
  </RulesElement>

Entilzha4 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 2, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here are the files that I have finished up to this point.
I have made corrections (stupid commas) to the files.
I have also finished the new companion cards that can be used in conjunction with the Fey Beast Trainer

New Fey Beast Tamer File
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/99-heroes-feywild-Fey%20Beast%20Tamer.zip

New MME Magic Item File
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/99-MME%20New%20Magic%20Items.zip

New Fey Beast Tamer Companion Cards File
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Fey%20Beast%20Tamer%20Companion%20Cards.zip

Shadowbane01
Apr 4, 2011
Hey guys, I know it must be a huge task, but I was wondering if you guys had an ETA for the Hengeyokai. I do not have an insider account anymore and would like to check them over.

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

Shadowbane01 posted:

Hey guys, I know it must be a huge task, but I was wondering if you guys had an ETA for the Hengeyokai. I do not have an insider account anymore and would like to check them over.

If you look on page 15 of this thread, someone posted the Hengeyokai. Copy/Paste it into notepad, and save it as a part file in with your other part files.

Shadowbane01
Apr 4, 2011

Entilzha4 posted:

If you look on page 15 of this thread, someone posted the Hengeyokai. Copy/Paste it into notepad, and save it as a part file in with your other part files.

Yes, and on page 14 I revealed my ineptitude at taking snippets from the forum and applying them myself.... I was just wondering why it hasn't been or when it will be rolled into an "official" update. seems silly it hasn't been if there isn't any issue with the code already presented.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Splicer posted:

Well to be fair, it's a weird place for them to be. It's just that there's not really anywhere better to put them.

Edit: Question about the hexblade pact weapon: Why doesn't it just apply the bonus as an enhancement as opposed to the "off-hand enhancement" thing? My (brief) testing seems to indicate that it works fine if set to an enhancement bonus, is there some kind of edge case which makes it go screwy?

<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:attack" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingRod" />
<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:damage" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingRod" />
<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:attack" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingWand" />
<statadd name="ID_WOG_HEXBLADE_TRAIT_WEAPON_1:damage" value="+Offhand Implement Bonus" type="enhancement" requires="WearingPactBlade&WearingWand" />
I hate to be a bother about this, but is there any weird edge cases affected by making it just an enhancement bonus?

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Shadowbane01 posted:

Yes, and on page 14 I revealed my ineptitude at taking snippets from the forum and applying them myself.... I was just wondering why it hasn't been or when it will be rolled into an "official" update. seems silly it hasn't been if there isn't any issue with the code already presented.

Here are the files:

hengeyokai
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/98-heroes-feywild-hengeyokai.zip

pixie
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/98-heroes-feywild-pixie.zip

satyr
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/98-heroes-feywild-satyr.zip

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Splicer posted:

I hate to be a bother about this, but is there any weird edge cases affected by making it just an enhancement bonus?

I have a better question: Can we code the Hexblade pact weapon to take advantage of *all* implements and not just the Rod and Wand? Since it's possible that a Hexblade could multiclass to another implement using class or take Arcane Implement Proficiency, it's a good bet that not all Hexblades will be just using a rod or a wand.

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
Ki Focus Expertise seems to not be interacting properly with Vampire attacks, though Holy Symbol Expertise is.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Is there a way to have an item add keywords to all attack powers when it is equipped?

If it is, can someone be so kind as to give me an example of how to do it with a Force Weapon?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Is there a way to have an item add keywords to all attack powers when it is equipped?

If it is, can someone be so kind as to give me an example of how to do it with a Force Weapon?

My understanding of the builder is that it isn't possible to do this. Things like arcane admixture would seem like you can do it for singular powers, I'm not sure that for all powers.

As well, for the Force weapon to be the most correct, it actually deletes all other typed damage keywords - if you had a cold attack, and you changed it to a force attack, it would lose the cold keyword (impossible with the current builder), and add Force (which is possible in the builder on a power by power basis).

Sorry :shobon:

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

To note: Whispers of the Void, Warlock Attack 15 (available to Hexblade) says this on its Miss effect:

"Half damage, and the target is dazes until the end of its next turn."

Should be "dazed" instead of dazes v:shobon:v

Also,

Splicer posted:

Dual Implement Spellcaster? Also, I'm making a Hexblade right now and I've noticed that it isn't properly inheriting the implement's attack bonus and damage enhancement bonus to the weapon, which is what the weapon's supposed to do, so I have to manually fix things. At home I have the pact blade manifestation stuff installed and it apparently wasn't having that problem.

For instance: Starshadow Blade: +4 Charisma modifier, +3 half your level, +0 off-hand enhancement bonus - Star Pact Weapon (even though I have an accurate +2 implement in my off-hand). Weirdly enough, it is correctly implementing the Superior Implement Bonus, it just isn't inheriting the damage or attack bonuses.

EDIT: The last part seems to be for specific implements. I am using an Accurate Rod of Deadly Casting +2 and it wasn't applying bonuses properly. Dual Implement Spellcaster does not properly apply the damage for Hexblades when you use it: because the Star Pact Weapon things it's an off-hand enhancement bonus, taking DIS isn't properly giving me the damage bonus I should be getting from my off-hand implement. The weapon having the same properties as my implement doesn't mean DIS doesn't work!

EDIT2:

EDIT3: I decided to make the change myself once I saw this:

quote:

1. If my fey-pact warlock takes the Arcane Implement Proficiency feat from the Arcane Powers book, choosing the light blade implement, can I benefit from the Dual Implement Spellcaster feat with hexblade powers?

Yes, a hexblade can use the Arcane Implement Proficiency and Dual Implement Spellcaster feats to add the non-pact weapon implement’s enhancement bonus twice

I'll be uploading it to nothingxs.net and e-mailing it as well... and making a changelog. First, testing it! Should I also change it and entries for all possible non-wand/rod implements that may be wielded in the off-hand?

nothingxs fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 4, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

I have a better question: Can we code the Hexblade pact weapon to take advantage of *all* implements and not just the Rod and Wand?

I don't plan on doing this. There is already a ton of work that needs to be done. Rod and Wand are the go to solutions for the Hexblade and specifically called out in the class.

Splicer posted:

I wouldn't change it. It took a lot of work to get it to work. Changing it to an enhancement bonus likely would cause stacking somewhere. It was originally an enhancement bonus remember?

danpipoly posted:

So I haven't done much with customizing CBLoader since I installed it, but noticing the "don't download" and the "only download" options makes me want to use them. How do I set these options up? I've only been using my pre-existing CBLoader Link, so can I just modify that, or do I need to download something?

You can pass the command line to CBLoader.exe in a shortcut or make a batch file with a new shortcut for your batch file.
my batch file looks like:
code:
"CBloader.exe" -d -c cbloader.cbconfig
cbloader.cbconfig is my config file and the passed "-d" overrides those settings.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 4, 2011

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I wouldn't change it. It took a lot of work to get it to work. Changing it to an enhancement bonus likely would cause stacking somewhere. It was originally an enhancement bonus remember?

I don't see where the stacking would come from... Maybe it was stacking with inherent bonuses? I've returned it to a normal enhancement bonus and it seems to be working just fine. But then, I just tested it with inherent bonuses and no stacking seems to be occurring with a rod in one hand, pact blade in the other (Enhancement bonus - Inherent Bonuses aren't stacking with the Enhancement bonus - Star Pact Weapon).

What work needs to be done to the Warlock part file? I can give it a shot or two, I've been mucking around and I've gotten a feel thus far for how things work. What I've done here for this is to make the enhancement bonuses granted actually be enhancement bonuses. They still 'draw' them from the implement in the off-hand.

Also,

quote:

1. If my fey-pact warlock takes the Arcane Implement Proficiency feat from the Arcane Powers book, choosing the light blade implement, can I benefit from the Dual Implement Spellcaster feat with hexblade powers?

Yes, a hexblade can use the Arcane Implement Proficiency and Dual Implement Spellcaster feats to add the non-pact weapon implement’s enhancement bonus twice

This is from the Wizards FAQ for HotFK. So apparently it doesn't matter what the implement you have in your off-hand is, it's supposed to work. Just pointing it out. I'm willing to make the edits if necessary...

EDIT: And I'll get to work on just that. I will try to have something finished by tomorrow.

EDIT2: Or by tonight. :v: http://nothingxs.net/inbound/uploads/15-warlock.zip Bonuses aren't applying properly here from off-hand implements such as orbs or staffs. Anyone care to look through and tell me what I may've overlooked? I think the feat assignment is correct...

As for that, I can't seem to find any way to cause stacking of bonuses here by making the Pact Blade confer an enhancement bonus as opposed to an off-hand enhancement bonus. Any ideas?

nothingxs fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 4, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is another file. If anyone wants to test it

The Seven Styles from Dragon 403
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/99-The%20Seven%20Styles%20%28Dragon%20403%29.zip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Edit: What nothingxs said.

• Locked thread