Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is Saints Row 3 going to have full-world online co op? I don't care so much about the campaign proper, I guess... but will it be a game that allows me to buddy up online with a friend and tromp around the city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Feenix posted:

Is Saints Row 3 going to have full-world online co op? I don't care so much about the campaign proper, I guess... but will it be a game that allows me to buddy up online with a friend and tromp around the city?

Yep, all co-op, all the time. Every mission basically puts an extra seat or turret on every vehicle if you're rolling with a buddy, too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dominic White posted:

Yep, all co-op, all the time. Every mission basically puts an extra seat or turret on every vehicle if you're rolling with a buddy, too.

UNGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Can't wait.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Oh, hey. Just found out the three DLC packs (they're done one a month for all of next year) for SR3 that you get for preordering from THQ themselves are called 'Genkibowl VII', 'Gangstas In Space' and 'The Trouble With Clones'.

I dunno about you, but just the names 'Gangstas In Space' and 'The Trouble With Clones' put a big, dumb grin on my face.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Store update is live.

Interestingly, you can buy Fight Night Champion's Champion Mode independently of the full game for $5.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Hey guys Metal Gear Solid 3 is really gorgeous in HD, but you can't pause cutscenes! That's one addition I was kind of hoping for. I'm glad Metal Gear 1 and 2 are included on the HD Collection but sad to see Snake vs. Ape missing.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Surlaw posted:

Hey guys Metal Gear Solid 3 is really gorgeous in HD, but you can't pause cutscenes!

Have you tried hitting the XMB button?

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

SamBishop posted:

Speaking as someone who ran through Saints Row 3 this last weekend, I can state with authority that this thread will be filled with talk of the game when it comes out. I don't think the official thread will be able to contain the conversation. Man... that was a gooooooood weekend.

Goddamn you Bishop! :argh:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Holy crap I stop checking PSN for a month and suddenly we get all these goodies. God Hand! I never played God Hand. Now I'm all curious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Your new objective is to go buy and play God Hand.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

The only curiosity is why you're not playing God Hand right this second.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Policenaut posted:

Your new objective is to go buy and play God Hand.

That applies to you, you reading this post.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
If/when my launch fatty PS3 dies out, I'll know that any replacement Slim I end up getting will be able to play God Hand if I shell out $10 to buy it again. Although I could just dust off one of the couple of PS2 I have sitting around instead, or send the PS3 in for maintenance.

Everybody should own God Hand, a physical copy or otherwise, just get it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Krad posted:

Have you tried hitting the XMB button?
Yep, the game keeps playing if you hit it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Surlaw posted:

Yep, the game keeps playing if you hit it.
Huh, I thought that was against the development rules for PS3 games. Does this game get a pass because it's one of these weird semi-ports?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I played God Hand for ten minutes and got bored. The poo poo graphics (even by PS2 standards) and poo poo controls didn't help matters. :colbert:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

...! posted:

I played God Hand for ten minutes and got bored. The poo poo graphics (even by PS2 standards) and poo poo controls didn't help matters. :colbert:

It's you. You're poo poo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqB5LUKh8A

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, I thought that was against the development rules for PS3 games. Does this game get a pass because it's one of these weird semi-ports?

Not at all. Plenty of games do this. It's sort of the polar opposite of the 360 where it almost always pauses the game. Boy do I love when it does work because sometimes I have pee or get the door or pause because the stupid train is rumbling by for the eight billionth time. Hopefully it'll be a requirement in the PS4.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

That applies to you, you reading this post.

Me? Oh sorry, right. Let me fix that right now then.

*Goes to PSN, buys God Hand*

Not that I'll even have time to play it, Rocksmith is eating all my gaming time and my backlog is disturbingly grotesque. But there will come a night, I'll be sitting at home wondering what to do, and I'll decide to try that punching game that a bunch of goons kept on saying I should get.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

Me? Oh sorry, right. Let me fix that right now then.

*Goes to PSN, buys God Hand*

Not that I'll even have time to play it, Rocksmith is eating all my gaming time and my backlog is disturbingly grotesque. But there will come a night, I'll be sitting at home wondering what to do, and I'll decide to try that punching game that a bunch of goons kept on saying I should get.

You'll be glad you did. God Hand is the Saints Row of the beat 'em up genre.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Crappy Jack posted:

You'll be glad you did. God Hand is the Saints Row of the beat 'em up genre.

I just booted it up to give it a go. Holy poo poo this game. :stare:

Yeah, guys you should play God Hand.

Edit: And what a world we live in, where an hour ago a Playstation 2 game was recommended, I hit a few buttons and an hour later I'm 20 minutes into punching people in the face. It's so commonplace now it's easy to forget that when this game first came out this would have been seen as witchcraft.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 9, 2011

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

...! posted:

The controls really aren't poo poo, they're just unusual. once you're used to them you can beat the poo poo out of five dudes at a time.

The secret to success is to mash forward on the right stick to duck enemy attacks. This makes you completely invincible to around 90% of attacks (even ones where it looks like it shouldn't.) For the other 10% use a sidestep. Even if you're in the attack's area of effect it will miss because you are completely invincible during the sidestep animation.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just tried out the demo for Rayman Origins. What a pretty game, and it's 1080p native resolution.

I'm tempted to say that this has the best 2D art and graphics for all current consoles, but I haven't played every game out there.

Has anyone else here tried the demo?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Yechezkel posted:

I just tried out the demo for Rayman Origins. What a pretty game, and it's 1080p native resolution.

I'm tempted to say that this has the best 2D art and graphics for all current consoles, but I haven't played every game out there.

I just tried it and the underwater music on the third level caused the game to clamber up several spots on my wishlist. The rest of it was pretty great, too.

(A Boy and His Blob had some really charming graphics on Wii.)

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

I played it last night and loved it. Fast-paced, tight controls, decent difficulty, loads of secrets to find, great music, and of course it's just so pretty. Really looking forward to this one.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Simpsons Arcade Game confirmed for multiplatform release, rated in Australia :aaa:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Yesssss, I always wondered why they never did that sooner.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I demand Black Smithers be present.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Man, that's right up there with X-Men, TMNT, Sunset Riders and The Avengers as one of the arcade games that absolutely vacuumed the quarters out of my pockets when I was younger. Something tells me it won't quite hold up as well as I imagine, but I'll give it a go if only to roll up Homer and Marge into a giant spinning ball of death.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Policenaut posted:

I demand Black Smithers be present.

Seconded.

But yeah, that's quite good news. I used to play it a lot back in the day.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Armor-Piercing posted:

Store update is live.

Interestingly, you can buy Fight Night Champion's Champion Mode independently of the full game for $5.

If I liked Fight Night Round 4's career mode, but didn't really care for the other modes, is it worth 5 bucks? Not sure how different it is, I know you can't play as a custom boxer in Champion, can you still train up different stats to climb up the ladder and improve, or is it just a series of preset fights?

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

The local roller rink had the Simpsons arcade game when I was a kid. Whenever me and my friends went we'd skate for maybe 10 minutes then play the Simpsons for an hour.

Good times :allears:

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!
I loving love the Simpsons Arcade, but...

quote:

And like X-Men Arcade for PSN before it, developer Backbone Entertainment will be handling the game, if the listing is anything to go by, meaning that the possibility of another perfect collaboration between Backbone and Konami could be on the cards.

Backbone. :negative:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think their meaning of perfect is different than everyone else's.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I keep hoping and praying that some day Backbone does the Sonic's Ultimate Saturn Collection that they said they were interested in. I'd drop $60 for the ability to play Shining Force 3 and Panzer Dragoon Saga in vaguely HD :negative:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ein Bear posted:

Backbone. :negative:
They've made a bunch of PS3 ports of arcade games right? I've never played one of them, what do they do wrong?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Policenaut posted:

I keep hoping and praying that some day Backbone does the Sonic's Ultimate Saturn Collection that they said they were interested in. I'd drop $60 for the ability to play Shining Force 3 and Panzer Dragoon Saga in vaguely HD :negative:

It could be worse. You could be one of those suckers that spend about $200 on a used copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga so you could play it on your Sega Saturn connected to your old rear end CRT that cost you less than the price of a new Wii game.

:negative:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought the X-Men port was fine, if not a little on the easy side.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Harlock posted:

I thought the X-Men port was fine, if not a little on the easy side.

The port was fine unless I am missing something. Someone want to shed some light for me about what is so bad about Backbone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Palleon posted:

If I liked Fight Night Round 4's career mode, but didn't really care for the other modes, is it worth 5 bucks? Not sure how different it is, I know you can't play as a custom boxer in Champion, can you still train up different stats to climb up the ladder and improve, or is it just a series of preset fights?

It's the story mode written by some dude. It's about a made up character named Andre Bishop.

I want to stress if anyone takes the plunge: the final boss is utter and complete bullshit. Worst boss I have ever encountered. Ever.

E: Maybe not ever but off the top of my head and in recent memory. Terrible, awful fight.

• Locked thread