Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

fondue posted:

We only have two rules on the server; No client mods such as xray/flying/speed allowed, and don't do anything to make an admins life difficult.

People build things all of the time, and they get destroyed. Honestly, though, it's a really safe server - traffic has died down for the past month and so you hardly get any PvP anymore. Add to that the server map is large and there are multiple worlds and there you have it. You could very easily never see anyone for weeks.

I totally want to join. That actually sounds great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Anyone remember that old Half-Life (E: apparently not the HL2 one) mod where some guy replaced all the sounds with his voice?

He went and did the same thing for Minecraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN0XF1uNXFE

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 8, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Do dungeons make different 'sounds' now? I remember what the old ones used to sound like, but I just heard a creepy noise (1.94pre), and was wondering if perhaps it might have actually been a stronghold.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I was never aware they made any noise at all other than whatever monster the spawner spat out.

Bag of Carpets
Dec 20, 2010

glitchwraith posted:

I was never aware they made any noise at all other than whatever monster the spawner spat out.

I think he's referring to the dramatic "echoey" sounds that happen when you're in a dungeon / close to one.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Do dungeons make different 'sounds' now? I remember what the old ones used to sound like, but I just heard a creepy noise (1.94pre), and was wondering if perhaps it might have actually been a stronghold.

Any unlit area near you of a certain size makes random ambient sounds.

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done
Anyone here going to be at MineCon? I set up a thread in goon meets.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet
Well, my password hasn't been working in minecraft for a month, but my hotmail account refuses to receive any e-mails for resetting it (hotmail), any idea what I should do? Mojang hasn't responded to the e-mail I sent them about it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I've buitl a drowning trap mob grinder, and for some reason, a bunch of the drops keep getting trapped in the wall on the side of the drowning mechanism. I tired switching out the glass for dirt and it doesn't seem to help. Anyone got any clue why it does that? The part of the trap where the actual drowning happens is just a box that the mobs float up into, 2x2x2, filled with water sources. It's really confusing.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

cocoavalley posted:

Anyone here going to be at MineCon? I set up a thread in goon meets.

You mean meet the people of the official Minecraft Forums in real life, cooped up inside a convention center stewing in the stench of B.O., farts, and desperation? Hmm.. think I'll have to pass on this one.

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done

Apex Rogers posted:

You mean meet the people of the official Minecraft Forums in real life, cooped up inside a convention center stewing in the stench of B.O., farts, and desperation? Hmm.. think I'll have to pass on this one.

I figured that this would be the general reply, but I had to ask!

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

Apex Rogers posted:

I wanted to say that it can't be too different from your normal goon meats, then I remembered the thread I'm posting in...

All cynicism aside. Seriously, if you feel like meeting goons who share a hobby of yours why not take the chance?

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
The chance that you'll meet FlowerChild in real life? :gonk:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I can only imagine the outrage there would be if there was a Technic booth and they handed out Technic SP and MP on cheap USB drives to people.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

xf86enodev posted:

I wanted to say that it can't be too different from your normal goon meats, then I remembered the thread I'm posting in...

All cynicism aside. Seriously, if you feel like meeting goons who share a hobby of yours why not take the chance?

Rest assured that everyone with the means and opportunity will be going.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Hell, everyone knows that half the reason you go to a con is to check out the rest of the freaks who decided to show up.

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

Kassoon posted:

Rest assured that everyone with the means and opportunity will be going.

I really hope so! This community has been so active, it'd be a shame not to use the chance to meet up. I'm really pissed the con is in LA Las Vegas (thanks for the correction!) even though Mojang is kinda next door to me. :saddowns:

redmercer posted:

Hell, everyone knows that half the reason you go to a con is to check out the rest of the freaks who decided to show up.

I hope you go, too! Take pictures!

xf86enodev fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 10, 2011

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

xf86enodev posted:

I really hope so! This community has been so active, it'd be a shame not to use the chance to meet up. I'm really pissed the con is in LA even though Mojang is kinda next door to me. :saddowns:

I thought the con was at Los Vegas?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I wonder how many people will go brandishing those foam swords and pickaxes. Or dressed as Steve?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

I wonder how many people will go brandishing those foam swords and pickaxes. Or dressed as Steve?

Given the average creativity shown by the average person, I'd say about 60% will be Steve, 25% creeper, 10% all other mobs, 5% as notch himself.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

nightwisher posted:

Given the average creativity shown by the average person, I'd say about 60% will be Steve, 25% creeper, 10% all other mobs, 5% as notch himself.

Only 1% of those will do the Notch thing intentionally.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Anyone know what happened to Creepered Out? Site said they moved to yogiverse.com, but I can't find them now.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Anyone remember that old Half-Life (E: apparently not the HL2 one) mod where some guy replaced all the sounds with his voice?

He went and did the same thing for Minecraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN0XF1uNXFE

Oh god the nether sounds. :suicide:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm going to minecon cosplaying as the crash screen.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

a starwar betamax posted:

I'm going to minecon cosplaying as the crash screen.

go as &e0

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Go as a small landscape with missing chunks.

AN AOL CHAT ROOM
Feb 22, 2003

Power-shovelling fat turds into my cock busted syphilitic maw. Like a fat cunt shovels doughnuts. The resulting turds from my hemorrhoid infested goat fucked ass are pure gold compared to my shitting posts.
Bring a bunch of books with its pages glued together (because you can't write in books)

Alternately bring a cluster of helium balloons covered in leaves, don't bother making any log blocks. Just a floating mass of leaves.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'd like to see someone with a to-scale ghast costume :haw:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Please don't make fun of Notch. He doesn't have time for exercise.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Trap Star posted:

go as &e0

If anyone asks, tell them your name is Andy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

How about a tree with a block taken out of the trunk?

If you have a friend, he can go as the enderman holding it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm going as a deleted blog post.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
No pictures, since it wouldn't be all that interesting visually:

On a new save game, I quickly realized that the hole in the side of the nearby mountain doesn't naturally open to any cave system. So I found a random wall, and proceeded to dig a downward corridor.

Since I'm listening to some radio and I'm not feeling all too clever, I decide to make the downward corridor fairly simple. Lower the level by a block every three block. I figured that before long, I'd break into a cave.

I dig, deeper and deeper. I burn through eight stone picks or so, I spend about a minute walking back up the corridor. I walk back down, taking a minute to get back. I keep digging, I'm going to find a natural corridor, right?

Eventually, fifty-five steps later, I hit the impossibly-disturbing smoke that hovers near the impossible-to-destroy blocks. All told, it takes 49 seconds at walking speed to go from the bottom of the corridor to the top of it.

bout it flautist
Dec 25, 2005

Sometimes it's lonely being the only sock.
Get some friends to all wrap themselves in masking paper and go as Scrolls

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

bout it flautist posted:

Get some friends to all wrap themselves in masking paper and go as Scrolls

Or bring your parents dressed the same way and go as the Elder Scrolls.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Silly question, but are there any snow biomes in 1.8.1? I've made about fifteen worlds trying to find one, but haven't had any luck.

I'm also running the technic pack in case that might affect it.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

TehKeen posted:

Silly question, but are there any snow biomes in 1.8.1? I've made about fifteen worlds trying to find one, but haven't had any luck.

I'm also running the technic pack in case that might affect it.

It's glitched. in 1.8. Also, there are no red flowers unless you use bonemeal on grass, and no wolves period.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PalmTreeFun posted:

It's glitched. in 1.8. Also, there are no red flowers unless you use bonemeal on grass, and no wolves period.

There are wolves. I ran into a pack and I'm still playing 1.8.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Lavender Philtrum posted:

If anyone asks, tell them your name is Andy.

4 months of vacation a year is pretty rough, he needs at least 8 if he wants to work out.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Yes there are, I ran into a pack within 50 steps of my spawn on my current map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Any good aussie servers? The only one I found is MCAU, and it's pretty bad.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 10, 2011