Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

JakexMindfang OTP :swoon:

I think you mean JakexNannasprite.

"Jane... you're... you're so blue now. <3"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Supercar Gautier posted:

The bottom of the poster is cut off, so it looks like Andrew was conscious of the need to massage the poster art into something canonically sane.

Also, hahahahahaha there's a picture of Smurfette just below it.

I like my idea better. That is my headcanon.

Oh god I just used the word headcanon

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
If Jake is evil, then X of Hope is just destined to be a twat.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Saradiart posted:

If Jake is evil, then X of Hope is just destined to be a twat.
Turnaround time on this "x is turning evil" thing has gotten amazing.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Look. Don't you see what Hussie has done?

He's brought back the "X is turning evil!!!!!" trope.

HUSSIE :argh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, the trolls didn't turn out too badly. I mean hell, Kanaya and Terezi came out fairly okay having been in contact with Scratch. Who knows?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I like how the flash was so cathartic and relaxed after putting the readers (both serial and archival) through such a draining sequence, and then just three pages later we are back to "oh gently caress" seeing the names Crocker and English come up. Just can't catch a break - Hussie knows too well how to roller-coast the mood.

Tollymain posted:

Eh, the trolls didn't turn out too badly. I mean hell, Kanaya and Terezi came out fairly okay having been in contact with Scratch. Who knows?

Seeing as how Kanaya went around biting people, I'd say she is in the process of turning evil. Not there yet, just in the process. :P

For whatever reason, Scratch didn't want to have much to do with Terezi, even not particularly wanting to talk to her when she was trying to do something that he was required to do anyway. That always stuck in my mind - was it because Hussie just didn't think that far ahead about Scratch manipulating all the girls, or just because Terezi is basically the most underhanded and villainous character in the story, even above Scratch, and is playing everyone for fools?

MrBims fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 11, 2011

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tollymain posted:

Basically. I don't think these kids are evil at all, just that the villains seem to have some influence on their lives.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Seoinin posted:

Turnaround time on this "x is turning evil" thing has gotten amazing.

Well what do you expect when one of the new characters shares his their surnames with the biggest villains in the whole comic?

e: fixed

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 11, 2011

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well what do you expect when one of the new characters shares his her surname with the biggest villain in the whole comic?

And another shares a last name with Lord English?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well what do you expect when one of the new characters shares his surname with the biggest villain in the whole comic?

And has pictures of him on his shirt and on his wall.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
I just want to know how exactly the hell Jake is communicating with Jade across universes when technically his version of the kids' universe didn't exist until the scratch.

(if he is indeed 'J' as it now seems apparent.)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So has it pointed that the thing on Jake's shirt looks like the head of Lord English? If so ok good carry on.

edit: on the previous page even. In any cased I am super-jazzed this show and the road are on speaking terms again.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 11, 2011

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

CidGregor posted:

I just want to know how exactly the hell Jake is communicating with Jade across universes when technically his version of the kids' universe didn't exist until the scratch.

circumstantial simultaneity

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CidGregor posted:

I've been wondering this too ever since it became apparent that J. was going to be Grandpa Harley in the post-scratch universe. Perhaps the answer is surprisingly simple; for example I thought Jack's exit into the troll session was going to be quite convoluted, but it wound up being a simple function one of the Sburb stations already had. Maybe the fourth wall?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

atomicthumbs posted:

circumstantial simultaneity

wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Lupus Rufus posted:

It seems that the artifacts the kids rode with in their baby meteors are appearing in this universe though: Jane's rabbit (which I suspect is the one Jade came with) and John's joke book are both present. This leaves one question: where are John and Jade?
A macabre answer for sure, but given what happened to Nanna and Grandpa in the pre-Scratch universe, "in an urn" and "stuffed and mounted" might answer that question.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Holy gently caress, there's a rocket launcher in his room. Who the gently caress lets a 15-and-a-bit-year-old have a rocket launcher? :stare:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

President Ark posted:

Holy gently caress, there's a rocket launcher in his room. Who the gently caress lets a 15-and-a-bit-year-old have a rocket launcher? :stare:

A dead grandma, that's who.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CidGregor posted:

Weird time poo poo.

a debaser
May 9, 2008
I'm looking for it now, but wasn't there a page in Problem Sleuth where it showed all the character's progress in overturning sacred urns toppled and mystic ruins desecrated? I'm trying to find it but I know I just read it in the second volume of the PS book.

The only reason I mention it is because that combined with the Problem sleuth memorabilia covering Jane's wall, combined with Hussie's "hmm, maybe you should be aware of/read jailbreak" right before the EOA hiatus...is this just another throwback or is there potential for a super massive crossover?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

a debaser posted:

I'm looking for it now, but wasn't there a page in Problem Sleuth where it showed all the character's progress in overturning sacred urns toppled and mystic ruins desecrated? I'm trying to find it but I know I just read it in the second volume of the PS book.

The only reason I mention it is because that combined with the Problem sleuth memorabilia covering Jane's wall, combined with Hussie's "hmm, maybe you should be aware of/read jailbreak" right before the EOA hiatus...is this just another throwback or is there potential for a super massive crossover?

It's a throwback. The three stats were those two plus "HALLOWED TOMBS DEFILED" and after the year 1 flash Hussie posted the status for them with 1 for each (Sacred Urns: Nanna's; hallowed tombs: Jasper's; Mystic Ruins: The frog ruins outside jade's house) as a throwback/GODDAMN HUSSIE PLANS EVERYTHING-type moment.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

a debaser posted:

It's just another throwback. The urns toppled/ruins desecrated/etc. etc. was mentioned a few times in Homestuck before this point.

e:f;b

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a debaser posted:

is this just another throwback or is there potential for a super massive crossover?

Wasn't there one already?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Nate RFB posted:

I've been wondering this too ever since it became apparent that J. was going to be Grandpa Harley in the post-scratch universe. Perhaps the answer is surprisingly simple; for example I thought Jack's exit into the troll session was going to be quite convoluted, but it wound up being a simple function one of the Sburb stations already had. Maybe the fourth wall?

Walliard posted:

wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey

Full marks to Walliard for not being embarrassingly bad at weird time poo poo. Don't sweat the details, don't overthink it. If it still bugs you that it doesn't make sense, remember that all of this takes place in a comic which also contains lipstick sorry I meant chainsaw no wait lipstick oh gently caress it you know what I mean.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

quote:

When it does, you will waste no time in embarking on the game’s MAIDEN VOYAGE, and if even a fraction of what you’ve heard turns out to be true, you are prepared to have the time of your LIFE!!!

quote:

Gosh you love SKULLS. There is a good SKULL at the heart of any mystery, haunting its EVERY PAGE. That is what you always say. Or at least, it is what you always HOPE.

:catstare:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm not entirely sure why he has the poster for Weekend at Bernie's. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of them.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

GenericOverusedName posted:

I'm not entirely sure why he has the poster for Weekend at Bernie's. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of them.

What part of "TOTALLY INDISCRIMINATE" is unclear?

Aso, he's mentioned being a fan of Weekend at Bernie's before.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

GenericOverusedName posted:

His taste in films is TOTALLY INDISCRIMINATE.

edit: gently caress you

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yeah but all his posters are for ADVENTURE and KNIGHTERY and stuff like that.

Ah gently caress it, I just wanted to be in the "found cool information" club.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Renaissance Robot posted:

Don't sweat the details, don't overthink it.

"And above all, try not to do anything retarded." - The Sufferer

I am fairly certain the Sufferer said that.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Weekend at Bernie's probably is a joke about his self taxidermy

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

RickoniX posted:

Weekend at Bernie's probably is a joke about his self taxidermy

And the Weekend at Bernie's 2 poster under the Time Travelling Demon?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I'm beginning to get the same feeling as I did at the start of chapter 5. :(

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

gowb posted:

18 pages between naming Karkat and naming Gamzee. 3 pages between Jane and Jake.

:crossarms:

I wouldn't be surprised if we jump straight into the Medium or something equally sudden right after the fourth new kid is introduced.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's weird, so am I. :dance:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gowb posted:

Sheer excitement?

:D

Anyway these aren't new characters, their existence and involvement has been foreshadowed for a while, and we're almost certainly not going to do another whole Act 1 and Act 5 rehash before finding out what's happening with the kids and trolls. There's nothing to be worried about.

I'm loving the amount of detail and clues about the state of the new universe Andrew's cramming into their rooms and introductions. I'm really curious to know what sort of role the scratched kids have in this universe, if any. And Dad. I hope he is around in some form.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

And Dad. I hope he is around in some form.

That charred hat on Jane's dresser probably indicates his current status.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The horizontal banner add is going for 87 dollars per day. MSPA's traffic must be insane if it's that valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

The horizontal banner add is going for 87 dollars per day. MSPA's traffic must be insane if it's that valuable.

It was going for 150 dollars when Cascade was released. Literally the highest-cost adspace of any website using PW.