Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
I miss the Super Lap days from Forza 3. The races seem to be shorter in general in F4 so it might take you considerably longer to complete 3. I know I never did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yay 150. :toot: I still have about 48% of the Event List to do, plus lots of online racing, cars I still want to buy and tons of other poo poo. This game is going to easily last me 2 years.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Kilonum's internet took a poo poo and he wanted this thread to be made aware. He'll be out until at least Sunday.

I don't know why you guys would care, all he does with us is crash and burn. A lot.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I dabbled in race hiring in Forza 4. The driver seems way less capable than he did in 3.

True/false?

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Ziploc posted:

I dabbled in race hiring in Forza 4. The driver seems way less capable than he did in 3.

True/false?

true, if you are talking about yourself :iceburn:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

The Ferret King posted:

Kilonum's internet took a poo poo and he wanted this thread to be made aware. He'll be out until at least Sunday.

I don't know why you guys would care, all he does with us is crash and burn. A lot.

Well, he is the race starter, isn't he?. Does this mean it will be pushed back? Not sure I can do Sunday.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Ziploc posted:

I dabbled in race hiring in Forza 4. The driver seems way less capable than he did in 3. to be made out of vaginas.

True/false?

ftfy, and my god is the hired AI awful. I think I mentioned before but as one of many examples I started the AI in a car that would absolutely destroy the race, but it was one of those heat/race world series things and I felt like grabbing a bite to eat so I said hey why not let the AI take this.

On start, my car rockets to second place, where the driver remembers his age and puts the brakes on so as to avoid going too fast. Going into turn one, the AI has flashbacks to 'Nam and locks up. As the other cars sail by you can tell he thinks he's avoiding files of Charlies by laying low. Thus traumatized, the driver decides to stick to the back of the pack for two laps out of three. Toward the end of the third lap the game decides it's been a little unfair and the car magics up to second place out of nowhere, only to decide going into the final straight that it would make more sense to just stop the car in the middle of the road and let Rossi muscle over, eventually getting back into the gas and taking third place.

:corsair:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You don't get any experience and the driver takes a huge cut of your credits. Why does he even need those credits? Look, i'm not racist but, A.I. drivers are not people, they don't need money.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

der juicen posted:

Well, he is the race starter, isn't he?. Does this mean it will be pushed back? Not sure I can do Sunday.

If Kilonum is out, I wouldn't mind taking over starting duties. My internet is stable and I haven't had any router issues.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
If the race gets pushed back a day I'll not be able to race, if we go ahead without him that's all good, sucks though, he's put a lot into setting it up.

Are we just gonna meet up in IRC beforehand?

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
I can't do Sunday either as timezone issues means that's Monday for me.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Not sure I can do tomorrow evening now, I should be able to make Sunday however

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

I said come in! posted:

You don't get any experience and the driver takes a huge cut of your credits. Why does he even need those credits? Look, i'm not racist but, A.I. drivers are not people, they don't need money.

This kind of attitude was sad around the days of Pole Position, but in 2011 it's just bloody-mindedness.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

webmeister posted:

Holy loving poo poo. What's your played time at?

Not sure, its a lot. I would say that 70% of the races were done by hired racers. I would be doing other things while the AI raced. But even this was a ton of work, having to go through the menus, pick the cars, adjust the difficulty. Tons of babysitting. I think its somewhere around 700 races total.

I'm just set on getting 100% achievements. FM3 was one of the few games I got all achievements. The only thing in my way is getting my hands on a damned unicorn.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

Not sure, its a lot. I would say that 70% of the races were done by hired racers. I would be doing other things while the AI raced. But even this was a ton of work, having to go through the menus, pick the cars, adjust the difficulty. Tons of babysitting. I think its somewhere around 700 races total.

I'm just set on getting 100% achievements. FM3 was one of the few games I got all achievements. The only thing in my way is getting my hands on a damned unicorn.

My Xbox is hosed right now but there's a "Player Stats" section, you can find your playtime there

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

ChocNitty posted:

I can send you an RX7 if you want. I have two.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hello Spaceman posted:

I can send you an RX7 if you want. I have two.

No you can't.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Cojawfee posted:

No you can't.

Not even the one the game gave me for importing my profile?
I know I can't regift the cars Turn 10 gifts.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
No one can trade unicorns, which is stupid. I have two RX-7s, I'd love to be able to trade one for another unicorn.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Might have to drop on the Saturday race. :( drat football games.

Alex Earl Cash
Feb 21, 2011

TannhauserGate posted:

Give my spot to this guy (unless someone else is up?). I've had a nasty case of some upper respiratory thing, no sleep and coughing fits.

Thank you. I'll do my best to make sure your kindness will not be in vain. If the race gets postponed one week, let me know if you feel better and you want to reclaim your spot.

2. Alex Earl Cash (Alex Earl Cash) | Mercedes 300SL Gullwing | silver | 95

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Kilonum posted:

1. Kilonum (Kilonum) | Ford GT40 MK II | Polychromatic Purple/Black | 82
2. Alex Earl Cash (Alex Earl Cash) | Mercedes 300SL Gullwing | ??? | ??
3. Torn Quad Jones (zombi3lick3r) | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Pink/White | 56
4. ANAmal.net (gregchiasson) | Shelby Daytona Coupe | blue | 29
5. Logue (Logue 1) | Dodge Charger Daytona | Orange | 71
6. Jingle Bells (PSBonnett) | Jaguar E-Type |British Racing Green | 84
7. pyxlwyz | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Turquoise | 67
8. Asmodai_00 (Asmodai 00) | Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona | Grey | 00
9. VikingSkull (IBurtIReynoldsI) | Chevy Corvette C2 | Black/Gold | 7
10. yes we nyan (azunyan) | Ford GT40 MK II | ??? | 48
11. j3rkstore (j3rkstore) | Ford GT40 MK II | Yellow | 22
12. der juicen (Im A GPS Facial) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Metallic Maroon w/ Yellow Stripe | 8
13. Puddin (Puddin23) | Ford GT40 MK II | Light Blue | 23
14. Jarf (Jarf) | Jaguar D-Type | Grey | 4
15. speedtek (N1CK S0APD1SH) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Red | 15
16. Vagina Jones (rige1seven) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Black/Blue | 86

I added everyone, as its gonna be an morning race for me, I'll try and get online early, will jump in IRC too.

Really looking forward to this race, hopefully it won't get pushed back.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
code:
10. yes we nyan (azunyan) | Ford GT40 MK II | ??? | 48
12. der juicen (Im A GPS Facial) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Metallic Maroon w/ Yellow Stripe | 8
16. Vagina Jones (rige1seven) | Ferrari Dino 246 GT | Black/Blue | 86
Just a quick update as I decided to change my car. Will the extra 0.3 points in handling make any difference? We will see.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
I think we should definitely do it at the currently scheduled time. Next week is Thanksgiving and I doubt that we will have anywhere near the participation that we have now.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

I wish Forza would let you customise someone elses design to allow adding a number, that way I wouldn't have spent all day painting this:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

JingleBells posted:

I wish Forza would let you customise someone elses design to allow adding a number, that way I wouldn't have spent all day painting this:

This is really nice work, grats.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JingleBells posted:

This is why the game needs actual text instead of shapes that look like letters and numbers. There should be the option of having user inputted numbers and perhaps the driver name. So when you went to the apply vinyls menu, it would say "This car is locked, although you may edit some of the text"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished all of the European races on the Event List today. :toot: Now to do the Japanese side, which I have about 60% complete.

For vinyl editor updates in Forza 5, I would like to be able to put text and decals on windows, like in Shift 2. Another car customization feature that I would love to have is the ability to take out a stock cars interior and replace it with a racing one. Also like in Shift 2, but to be fair, Slightly Mad only had to model this for 120 unique cars.

yes we nyan
Aug 17, 2007

ha, ha, haaa~
10. yes we nyan (azunyan) | Ford GT40 MK II | Lavender | 48
16. Vagina Jones (rige1seven) | Ferrari Dino 246 GT | Black/Blue | 86

My car is now lavender.
Race still on for the scheduled EST 6pm, yes?

yes we nyan fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 19, 2011

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I think so, which makes it 9am here in AUS.

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

yes we nyan posted:

Race still on for the scheduled EST 6pm, yes?

Yup. A little before 6PM EST I'm going to invite everyone to an xbox live party. We'll figure it out from there.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Something I thought of for us goon Prix guys, Make sure that you have a full charge on your controller if using wireless.

gently caress having to scramble for cords or batteries midway through the race.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Puddin posted:

Something I thought of for us goon Prix guys, Make sure that you have a full charge on your controller if using wireless.

gently caress having to scramble for cords or batteries midway through the race.
Battery change during the pitstop window. :v:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Like 10 minutes to go!

I'm so excited to smash my car to smithereens on the end of the main straight.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
Something came up and I wont be able to make the start of the race :smith: Godspeed, goons.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

j3rkstore posted:

Something came up and I wont be able to make the start of the race :smith: Godspeed, goons.

Yeah, me too. I said it earlier in the thread, drat hockey AND SEC football. :(

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Race starting in T minus 4 minutes.

Alex Earl Cash
Feb 21, 2011

Logue posted:

Race starting in T minus 4 minutes.

I really need to brush up my time zone calculation skills.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Alex Earl Cash posted:

I really need to brush up my time zone calculation skills.

https://www.timeanddate.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Too bad this race can't be ustreamed or something, I'd love to watch.

• Locked thread